PDA

View Full Version : Now that we've Rejoiced over losing all that talent...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/24/2010, 11:16 PM
How TF are we gonna beat the effing cows next year? We pretty much have to, I think, to keep strong with recruiting.

yankee
4/24/2010, 11:18 PM
in case you haven't noticed, like half those guys that got drafted were injured at one point or another during the season. :D what's that mean? other guys got to step in and play, and they're coming back.

Leroy Lizard
4/24/2010, 11:23 PM
Dear Bob,

Beat Texas.

Curly Bill
4/24/2010, 11:38 PM
I'd take winning a big game, Texas or anyone else.

...but beating Texas would be a great start.

4/24/2010, 11:40 PM
in case you haven't noticed, like half those guys that got drafted were injured at one point or another during the season. :D what's that mean? other guys got to step in and play, and they're coming back.I was specifically talking about the tx 12th, 13th and 14th man, you ninny!

yankee
4/24/2010, 11:49 PM
I was specifically talking about the tx 12th, 13th and 14th man, you ninny!

good point. i'm a ninny.

ndpruitt03
4/24/2010, 11:50 PM
Landry played all of last year

Murray played all of last year, Calhoun also played some. Miller played a little. We have a ton of talented running backs.

All of our WRs are back. All of the TEs that played last year outside of Eldridge who was an offensive lineman by the end of the year, are back

We lose some linemen but we have a lot that played.

We return all of our line backers

All of our defensive ends and we have some defensive tackles with experience because of injuries.

Thanks to injuries all our DBs started some last year. We have some good depth there.

We will be the most experience team in the Big 12 going in. Texas loses a lot on defense in their front 7 and a couple DBs.

OSU loses a ton on offense and their DBs are going to be new.

Tech loses their coach that's enough by itself.

A&M should be pretty good on paper. We sucked and killed them last year.

Baylor will still be Baylor till proven wrong.

We should bet the best team in the South.

In the North, Nebraska loses all of their defense. But they will be well coached.

KSU has Snyder that's enough for about 7 wins

KU loses their coach and a lot of their offense.

Mizzou will be pretty good

ISU will suck

Colorado will suck

No team in the Big 12 really scares me.

yankee
4/24/2010, 11:51 PM
^ninny^

Curly Bill
4/24/2010, 11:53 PM
Landry played all of last year

Murray played all of last year, Calhoun also played some. Miller played a little. We have a ton of talented running backs.

All of our WRs are back. All of the TEs that played last year outside of Eldridge who was an offensive lineman by the end of the year, are back

We lose some linemen but we have a lot that played.

We return all of our line backers

All of our defensive ends and we have some defensive tackles with experience because of injuries.

Thanks to injuries all our DBs started some last year. We have some good depth there.

We will be the most experience team in the Big 12 going in. Texas loses a lot on defense in their front 7 and a couple DBs.

OSU loses a ton on offense and their DBs are going to be new.

Tech loses their coach that's enough by itself.

A&M should be pretty good on paper. We sucked and killed them last year.

Baylor will still be Baylor till proven wrong.

We should bet the best team in the South.

Yeah, but we also still have KW and BV, that'll even things out considerably and give those other folks a fighting chance. :D

IronHorseSooner
4/25/2010, 12:22 AM
I believe that we will be picked second in the South behind *, but that doesn't bother me, because that will be motivation. Also, they are on a streak, and until we beat them, I don't have a problem starting behind them.
That being said, *'s losses will impact them FAR more than OUr losses impacted us. Colt, Shipley, Crash Kindle, Muckelroy, Thomas, and Lawrence (their kicker) were their team. All of those guys saved their bacon on many occasions. After Shipley, their WRs looked like OUrs last year- skillet hands. I have said all along that, in the end, OUr young WRs will outperform their young ones.

OTOH, Sam and Gresh didn't play (much) this past year, T-Will was injured a good bit, and McFarland will be the next great DT after GK. GK even said as much. We will be either more experienced or more talented (or both) than any team we play this year. This includes *, FSU, Cincy, or Nebbish (in the CCG).

However, it all comes down to the OL. If they play well, this could be a special year. If not, well, Hello 2009!

rawlingsHOH
4/25/2010, 09:42 AM
I'd take winning a big game, Texas or anyone else.

...but beating Texas would be a great start.

impossible. they're only "big" if we lose.

Collier11
4/25/2010, 09:43 AM
we have to beat texas this yr, I cant take 5 out of 6

OUmillenium
4/25/2010, 12:32 PM
1. no colt, no shipley for *
2. less cameron kinney, less adron tennel makes our receivers greatly improved
3. we'll be really good on Defense - * has no running game and a rookie qb that is getting way overhyped will make it even better
4. we have sweet running backs + broyles
5. Its 2010, time to start another 5-0 or more streak

yankee
4/25/2010, 01:03 PM
losing colt and shipley will obviously hurt texas, but they also lost 3 starting offensive lineman and ultra-talented WR dan buckner who was probably going to step in as one of the top WR's for the whorns. (45 catches for 442 YDS and 4 TD's last season). there's no doubt their offense is going to take a while to click, i just hope it starts clicking after the RRS because their defense is going to be pretty salty.

4/25/2010, 01:14 PM
^ninny^Got to ya, huh? i don't unload that attack very often.

Jacie
4/25/2010, 01:55 PM
It was a bit disconcerting to think of the players leaving Oklahoma. Tempering that was the fact that two of them were on the field little or not at all last year.

On the plus side, the attention focused on OU was of the good kind and targeted the people who are serious about college/pro football. Does it pay dividends in the future, specifically will it help to sway a recruit to choose OU over another school? No way for anyone here to answer that question. But for publicity purposes, it beats the heck out of a story about a current player getting a DUI . . .

ndpruitt03
4/25/2010, 02:04 PM
losing colt and shipley will obviously hurt texas, but they also lost 3 starting offensive lineman and ultra-talented WR dan buckner who was probably going to step in as one of the top WR's for the whorns. (45 catches for 442 YDS and 4 TD's last season). there's no doubt their offense is going to take a while to click, i just hope it starts clicking after the RRS because their defense is going to be pretty salty.

They had 3 or 4 early draft picks from their defense if I'm not mistaken. They will be solid on defense just like OU's always solid on defense but not near as good as last year. I think OU's the most experienced team in the Big 12 going into it.

Who in the Big 12 has the best returning QB? Maybe you can argue Missouri? He's not as good as Landry. Maybe Griffin from Baylor but he's been hurt 2 seasons. Plus he's at Baylor.

swardboy
4/25/2010, 02:06 PM
Yeah, but he's OUR ninny! Beat saxeT.......

TXBOOMER
4/25/2010, 08:00 PM
I'll hold out all hope of a great team until I see the O Line perform. We are above average as a whole at the skill positions. The D should be solid. The Field Goal unit once again scares the holy f out of me. I can't wait to see how it unfolds. BOOMER!

ndpruitt03
4/25/2010, 08:04 PM
I'm kinda baffled we can't find a kicker from nowhere. Like DiCarlo was even though he fizzled out.

soonerinabilene
4/25/2010, 08:40 PM
i think if griffin comes back from his acl baylor qwill win 7 games this year.

Eielson
4/25/2010, 09:14 PM
Enough with Texas, I think this is Oklahoma State's year to beat us.

Leroy Lizard
4/25/2010, 10:19 PM

I don't think so. But I admire your courage to stand up and say something like that in here. Now, get ready.

Collier11
4/25/2010, 10:27 PM

They lost half of their team, are you drunk?

Eielson
4/25/2010, 10:50 PM
They lost half of their team, are you drunk?

When is it not OSU's year to beat us?

oudavid1
4/25/2010, 11:09 PM
idk about you guys, but i think Texas wont score on us this year.

IronHorseSooner
4/26/2010, 01:07 AM
idk about you guys, but i think Texas wont score on us this year.

You might not be far off:

n00b QB and I'd bet he's not as mobile and have the game smarts like Colt

No running game. I'm not scared of anybody that they throw out there. I would bet that Finch and Clay are better than anything that they have, and those two young men haven't even stepped foot into a classroom yet.

New OL. They lose three guys, and the guys they had last year were getting routinely pwned by effective DLs. (I know we were as well, but the * Ol is the topic at hand)

New kicker. This is a bigger issue than many think. Lawrence saved their arses on many occasions and was a good kicker. I will say that their K situation will be in more shambles than OUrs.

Just who is their best receiver? I know they have some good guys coming in, but their other guys looked like they had skillet hands. They looked like OUr guys prior to the bowl game. The loss of Shipley will hurt them more than any will know.

With all of that, I expect a low point total from them against us.

ndpruitt03
4/26/2010, 01:16 AM
They have one good speed WR, I'm not sure about the rest of their receivers right now.

gaylordfan1
4/26/2010, 02:47 AM
You might not be far off:

n00b QB and I'd bet he's not as mobile and have the game smarts like Colt

No running game. I'm not scared of anybody that they throw out there. I would bet that Finch and Clay are better than anything that they have, and those two young men haven't even stepped foot into a classroom yet.

New OL. They lose three guys, and the guys they had last year were getting routinely pwned by effective DLs. (I know we were as well, but the * Ol is the topic at hand)

New kicker. This is a bigger issue than many think. Lawrence saved their arses on many occasions and was a good kicker. I will say that their K situation will be in more shambles than OUrs.

Just who is their best receiver? I know they have some good guys coming in, but their other guys looked like they had skillet hands. They looked like OUr guys prior to the bowl game. The loss of Shipley will hurt them more than any will know.

With all of that, I expect a low point total from them against us.

I totally agree... The only time in this decade ( with our current coaching staff) Texas has had an upper hand on us is when they have a dual threat QB (Young and McCoy). I have full confidence in coach V in this offensive scheme! I think we will beat them.... Maybe not blow them out, but def a win! Our D will be too salty.

goingoneight
4/26/2010, 11:36 AM
How TF are we gonna beat the effing cows next year? We pretty much have to, I think, to keep strong with recruiting.

True... and keep the guys who are developing stringbean "athletes" into Heisman Trophy winnars.

And quit turning the ball over.

meoveryouxinfinity
4/26/2010, 01:19 PM
Texas will be fine.. they have Shipley Jr.

Boomer!!
4/27/2010, 07:42 PM
Tex loses too much on defense I think Murray will run all over them. I would not be surprised with a shutout. That would be beautiful, I think I just shed a tear thinking about it...

Half a Hundred
4/27/2010, 10:43 PM
When is it not OSU's year to beat us?

Team on the rise.

True... and keep the guys who are developing stringbean "athletes" into Heisman Trophy winnars.

And quit turning the ball over.

And have three of the top four draft choices be from your school. That doesn't hurt.

Recruiting is going to be NO problem this year, trust me.

Crucifax Autumn
4/28/2010, 01:19 AM
We're gonna kill texass and the sheephumpers this year. I just can't see any way right now it could be different.

IronHorseSooner
4/28/2010, 06:07 AM
OSU is in bigtime rebuild this year with Cox, Bryant, Toston, and Robinson. I think that they lost a good bit off of their line as well. They will be better by the time we play them, but so will we.

I stated my point with * in my previous posting. I just see them looking like OUr 2009 offense next year. If we get 14 points on them next year, I think it will be enough.

starclassic tama
4/28/2010, 10:09 PM

a mod should change your handle to poor man's skip bayless