PDA

View Full Version : So I went to the Nebraska State Historical Society today...

royalfan5
4/24/2010, 08:04 PM
I went fishing through microfilm of old local newspaper looking for some relatives and neighbors farm sale bills and some other related stuff. In looking through the papers I was reminded that some of the stuff today's tea partiers are up in arms about today where quite prominent in the letters to the editor of the late 70's and early 80's. I also was reminded of the Posse Comitatus that had a few adherents in our area(including our neighbor), and the NFO(another neighbor was big there) which covered both sides of the spectrum politically. I don't really have a point here, other than I thought it was interesting. (Not as interesting as my neighbor inexplicably having 4 IH 403 combines, but interesting none the less)

SoonerInKCMO
4/24/2010, 08:07 PM
No, I think the part about the letters to the editor is more interesting than your neighbor having 4 IH 403 combines. :D

delhalew
4/24/2010, 08:42 PM
No, I think the part about the letters to the editor is more interesting than your neighbor having 4 IH 403 combines. :D

Yeah the combines are only interesting if said neighbor is subsidized to sit and watch nothing grow. :D

royalfan5
4/24/2010, 08:48 PM
Yeah the combines are only interesting if said neighbor is subsidized to sit and watch nothing grow. :D

Speak for yourself. Why amass 4 403, when could could have had a 815, or a Gleaner M, or a Massey 750 for the same money and been further ahead of the game. Especially in our area where everyone had a Gleaner, from a parts standpoint.

delhalew
4/24/2010, 08:53 PM
Speak for yourself. Why amass 4 403, when could could have had a 815, or a Gleaner M, or a Massey 750 for the same money and been further ahead of the game. Especially in our area where everyone had a Gleaner, from a parts standpoint.

:D You caught me with my pants down. I know **** all about farm equipment.