PDA

View Full Version : J. Snead

JLEW1818
4/24/2010, 03:07 PM
Wow you suck at life

LOL

JLEW1818
4/24/2010, 03:56 PM
just turned it back on. has this idiot been drafted yet?

Scott D
4/24/2010, 03:59 PM
no he hasn't been drafted, and there are at least two other qb's rated higher than him.

this is what happens when you hate your head coach enough to get out of the program when everyone says you need to stay.

JLEW1818
4/24/2010, 04:00 PM
I remember people thought he was better than Sam at one point. And on Stafford level as well.

Salt City Sooner
4/24/2010, 04:04 PM
He's still there. This is one decision that totally baffled me when he declared because he's anything but ready. The guy threw 3 more INT's than any other QB in the nation last year, & it's not like Ole Miss was throwing the ball every down either. JMO, but I've got to think that there was something between he & the staff that wasn't going to be resolved to his liking anytime soon.

tulsaoilerfan
4/24/2010, 04:34 PM
Snead went undrafted

VA Sooner
4/24/2010, 04:39 PM
No surprise. Last year was his worst in his career... he did nothing to up his draft stock. Should have stayed one more year.

soonersam
4/24/2010, 04:41 PM
Atleast he's not stuck in the green room like Brady Quinn was forever!!

soonersam
4/24/2010, 04:41 PM
I take that back.. That would be halarious!!

SoonerStormchaser
4/24/2010, 07:14 PM
Who cares, Jimmy Clausen and Ponyboy were left stranded at the altar...it was awesome to watch!

ashley
4/24/2010, 08:01 PM
Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here.

badger
4/24/2010, 08:25 PM
It's the Internet. You'll get over it.

As for Jevan Snead, don't hate the kid too much - he shunned Texas, after all. On top of that, if anyone had close to as disappointing of a year as OU, it had to have been Ole Miss. They were on the Sports Illustrated cover, they were ranked in the top 5, they had a top rated quarterback, they were expected to break into the BCS finally and possibly contend for the SEC crown.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/24/2010, 08:30 PM
A college head coach can have a heavy effect on a players draft.. It's not the biggest thing obviously, but you know NFL teams came to Bob to discuss sooner players and stoops probably gave good recommendations on all his players

what exactly do you think houston nutt said? I guarantee you there wasn't much positive.

Put me down as a guy who got on the Jevan Snead jock.. For some of my hits on doing the draft, I totally miss on others like him..

I ignored some signs that showed what he wouldbecome later

stoops the eternal pimp
4/24/2010, 08:41 PM
And if he had worked hard in the offseason maybe he would have turned into something.. And he still may.. He's probably already signed somewhere

same thing can be said for Ryan mallet next year.. If he isn't working hard right now, he'll be in the same boat..

Sam is a prime example.. Sam Bradford redshirt freshman version was a 3-5 round pick.. His motion was awkward, too skinny, just another Omar Jacobs.. if he would have listened to the people who said he was good enough to be the 1st pick, he wouldn't have been.. He did everything he had to do to make himself a NFL quarterback

Harry Beanbag
4/24/2010, 08:46 PM
Tampa picked him up.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/24/2010, 08:50 PM
Good for him.. He has a great opprtunity to back up Freeman

Leroy Lizard
4/24/2010, 10:56 PM
It's the Internet. You'll get over it.

As for Jevan Snead, don't hate the kid too much - he shunned Texas, after all.

I like him already.

IronHorseSooner
4/25/2010, 12:25 AM
He also shunned FLA.

RedstickSooner
4/25/2010, 01:19 AM
He also shunned FLA.

Well, okay, so we can agree that he's good at choosing places to shun -- and that he's overcome some potent adversity (being given the name Jevan Snead).

Dunno if that's enough to make me a fan, but it *does* spoil my schadenfreude.

Jerks.

JLEW1818
4/25/2010, 10:19 AM
I wanna know who told him to come out. I'm sure he was thinking 4th-5th round... Why not go back to school and get better and maybe be a top two rounder next year? Heh.

OU-HSV
4/25/2010, 10:29 AM
Good for him.. He has a great opprtunity to back up Freeman

Yeah, personally I'm not really understanding the sarcasm and hate toward him.

JLEW1818
4/25/2010, 10:50 AM
I doubt he gets over Josh Johnson, the backup.

Snead threw 20 picks his "jr" year, I'd love to see how many he will throw in the NFL, if he ever gets a chance.

Gator+Horn, no fan of mine. :)

bluedogok
4/25/2010, 12:24 PM
I wanna know who told him to come out. I'm sure he was thinking 4th-5th round... Why not go back to school and get better and maybe be a top two rounder next year? Heh.
Maybe he already had enough of Nutt and decided to leave.....

RedstickSooner
4/25/2010, 12:37 PM
Maybe he already had enough of Nutt and decided to leave.....

So it's one of those "Sometimes you feel like a Nutt, sometimes you declare for the draft." situations?

JLEW1818
4/25/2010, 02:10 PM
i heard he loves nutts

swardboy
4/25/2010, 02:13 PM

...seriously considering this for a new sig. Better hurry if you want to beat me to it.

JLEW1818
4/25/2010, 02:26 PM
ashley hates me

OU-HSV
4/25/2010, 02:30 PM
I doubt he gets over Josh Johnson, the backup.

Snead threw 20 picks his "jr" year, I'd love to see how many he will throw in the NFL, if he ever gets a chance.

Gator+Horn, no fan of mine. :)

Not saying he will get over Josh Johnson, but let's not act like Josh Johnson is a beast or anything...his '09 stats were as follows:

63 of 125 685 yds 50.4% 5.48 avg. 35 long 4 tds 8 ints 11 sacks 50.9 rating

He threw at least one int in each game he played...and in two games he played he had 3 ints. Oh and he never won them a game.
Last time I checked those aren't impressive numbers, if that's the things they can expect from their backup QB, I don't know why Jevan Snead or even my 5 year old son couldn't beat him out.

Stitch Face
4/25/2010, 03:11 PM

Got any stereo equipment you'd like to sell?

JLEW1818
4/25/2010, 03:13 PM
he can run a little bit. i guess that's why they like him. JJ

JLEW1818
4/25/2010, 03:16 PM
but my point is, has a JR QB ever declared for the draft, and actually not get drafted???

Did Snead just set a new record?

badger
4/25/2010, 04:22 PM
...seriously considering this for a new sig. Better hurry if you want to beat me to it.

why switch from what you already have? that's epic. just add to it, don't replace it

Scott D
4/25/2010, 07:24 PM

I'm calling dibs on your current one then.

trwxxa
4/25/2010, 07:55 PM

Apparently he was going to have to compete for the starting job next year. The willingness to compete, or lack thereof, appears to be Snead's main issue through his career

swardboy
4/25/2010, 08:03 PM
why switch from what you already have? that's epic. just add to it, don't replace it

Good idea Badge.....

badger
4/25/2010, 08:54 PM
Apparently he was going to have to compete for the starting job next year. The willingness to compete, or lack thereof, appears to be Snead's main issue through his career

this.

goingoneight
4/26/2010, 11:50 AM
I wanna know who told him to come out...

That little voice inside his head that said "Holy Shat! I'm in Mississippi!?!"

NOVSooner
4/26/2010, 12:05 PM

no way did he have competition for next year's job. he saw what was leaving compared to what was returning, folks down here don't really care for him that much and he never seemed to "fit" at ole miss. he knew mccluster was leaving, his top 2 receivers gone, the 1 solid receiver with minimal playing time coming back has issues and can't stay out of the dog house. Nutt said the job was his, period, and they were planning on building around snead as the qb next year, when snead declared, nutt went to scrambling. however, i can see the whole "willingness to compete" thing."