135- Franks, 5th rd Falcons

162- Eldridge, 5th rd Colts

Collier11
4/24/2010, 12:43 PM
For those who dont want to dig thru the other threads

stoopified
4/24/2010, 12:56 PM
For those who dont want to dig thru the other threads
Thank you sir.I was hoping someone would do this.I haven't been watching the draft and wanted to track my Sooners in the draft without trudging through the draft thread.

starclassic tama
4/24/2010, 01:46 PM
incredible, congrats to all our guys. should be a GREAT tool for recruiting.

btk108
4/24/2010, 03:38 PM
Man....wonder if Franks is thinking he should have stuck around another year.

Collier11
4/24/2010, 03:45 PM
we all thought he shoulda but he did what he wanted I guess

gaylordfan1
4/24/2010, 04:13 PM
Yes, we all thought he should have stayed. He said his heart wouldn't have been 100% if he stayed... Said he would have been scared he would get hurt and not play to his capability because of it.

ndpruitt03
4/24/2010, 04:22 PM
I thought Brian Jackson would get drafted. Hopefully he can make a roster as a UDFA

VA Sooner
4/24/2010, 04:51 PM
I was pleasantly surprised by Clayton in the fourth round. Kid tried hard and was moved from position to position so I'm glad it worked out well for him.

Agree... hoping Jackson would have been drafted. And Chris Brown.

gaylordfan1
4/24/2010, 05:06 PM
I'm thinking Murray is happy with his own decision to stay.

RedstickSooner
4/24/2010, 05:09 PM
incredible, congrats to all our guys. should be a GREAT tool for recruiting.

I'm really hoping Stoops new recruiting spiel opens with, "One hundred and twelve million dollars, guaranteed. That's how much money OU rookies have signed for this year. That's never happened before, but if you come play for us, maybe we can work toward seeing it happen again."

(Only, obviously, replace the $112 million with whatever is the correct figure. I just kinda guesstimated based on last year's guaranteed money for the #1, #3, and #4 picks. Then threw in a little extra for inflation & the folks picked lower.)

stoopified
4/24/2010, 05:48 PM
I was pleasantly surprised by Clayton in the fourth round. Kid tried hard and was moved from position to position so I'm glad it worked out well for him.

Agree... hoping Jackson would have been drafted. And Chris Brown.Auston English?

rawlingsHOH
4/24/2010, 06:34 PM
Auston English?

one look at his medical sheet eliminates him

Soonerfan88
4/24/2010, 06:35 PM
Anyone heard anything about UDFAs yet?

stoops the eternal pimp
4/24/2010, 08:54 PM
English is too small for de, too slow for lb... Good kid though

franks would have been about the same spot IMO.. The things that didn't make him an upper level corner are not things that coaches fix in a season..it's lack of top end speed for one..

jiminy
4/24/2010, 09:52 PM
English is getting a tryout with the Browns

ndpruitt03
4/24/2010, 10:01 PM
Clapp is going to Detroit where all good OU RBs got to die.

Granger to Seattle

Chris Brown to Denver

stoops the eternal pimp
4/24/2010, 10:04 PM
Clapp was considered a top5 fullback..I think he has a good shot at making that roster

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/24/2010, 11:09 PM
For those who dont want to dig thru the other threadsSrsly, thnx. That is all the news I really needed re the draft. A few other select tidbits, like a look at the Tebow situmation, Clausen and ponyboy, Shipley, and Suh. + slow results for usuc and the U. Not much else newsworthy.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/24/2010, 11:13 PM
Clapp is going to Detroit where all good OU RBs got to die.

Granger to Seattle

Chris Brown to DenverDon't be shocked if Granger does well. He WAS considered one of the best guys we recruited, back when he was a frosh.

rawlingsHOH
4/24/2010, 11:15 PM
Don't be shocked if Granger does well. He WAS considered one of the best guys we recruited, back when he was a frosh.

He was one of the best players on the team in 2007, and All-Big 12. As was English.

rawlingsHOH
4/24/2010, 11:17 PM
Clapp was considered a top5 fullback..I think he has a good shot at making that roster

i agree. you see a lot of teams going that route to get their fullback.

ndpruitt03
4/24/2010, 11:34 PM
The problem with Granger is that he basically hasn't played in 3 years.

Curly Bill
4/24/2010, 11:36 PM
I think Granger has a good shot at making it. I'd really like to see it anyway.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/24/2010, 11:57 PM
Depends on how strong that back last and stay healthy through camps and pre season for granger..

IronHorseSooner
4/25/2010, 12:12 AM
I told people that Eldridge would be drafted. He was considered the best blocker in the draft. The Colts have really good receiving TEs, but no real good blocking TEs. They may be looking to get some sort of power running game in tow, as the lack of it has hurt them in the past.

RedstickSooner
4/25/2010, 01:06 AM
He was one of the best players on the team in 2007, and All-Big 12. As was English.

Yes, every time I think about what could have been with Granger and Mccoy on the same D-line, healthy and playing to their potential, it makes me a Sad Panda.

misplacedsooner
4/25/2010, 02:16 AM
cant wait to see clapp open some holes for jahvid best. mark my words....the lions will be much improved and win some games this year.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/25/2010, 02:19 AM
Granger was considered a top 15 talent before the injury

DakotaSooner
4/25/2010, 02:23 AM
I always have high hopes for Sooners and I think that Clayton could be a stud on D. Not sure about Granger, depends on how hard he really tries. Maybe not being drafted is the best thing that happened to him. Franks should have stayed. Best wishes to Clapp and English......I don't think Brown will make it anywhere though.....

IowaSooner26
4/25/2010, 07:09 AM
Just in case anyone wants a full list of UDFA signings...

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/p/2010-nfl-undrafted-free-agents.html

swardboy
4/25/2010, 08:12 AM
I CAN'T IMAGINE the fun we're going to have around here watching Sam at the pro level. Here's hoping he lights them up in St. Louie.

And I hope Gilyard DOES translate well to the pro level...he was exciting to watch at Cincy...Sam could use a play-maker like that.

rawlingsHOH
4/25/2010, 09:38 AM
The problem with Granger is that he basically hasn't played in 3 years.
we haven't seen him at full force since gobbling up chase daniel and mizzou, dec 07, 2.5 years ago

though the back was an issue since the minute he walked on campus in 05

kevpks
4/25/2010, 10:01 AM
Just in case anyone wants a full list of UDFA signings...

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/p/2010-nfl-undrafted-free-agents.html

Oh no! Chris Brown to Denver. How will he ever get any touches with the third team with Tebow under center? Between the fumbles, jump passes, and QB dives, the RBs don't have a chance.

OUmillenium
4/25/2010, 12:19 PM
We also heard Auston to Browns. At first I thought ugh the Browns but then again, its not like they are loaded with talent, so maybe he can make it.

OK2U
4/25/2010, 02:07 PM
A list of where several undrafted Sooners have signed free agent deals:
RB Chris Brown: Broncos
DE Auston English: Browns
FB Matt Clapp: Lions
DT DeMarcus Granger: Seahawks
CB Brian Jackson: Jets (http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2010/04/25/undrafted-sooners-ink-free-agent-deals/http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2010/04/25/undrafted-sooners-ink-free-agent-deals/)

BJ is screwed

rawlingsHOH
4/25/2010, 04:37 PM
BJ is screwed

Why?

Jacie
4/25/2010, 04:45 PM
Reported today, Cleveland made a last minute push to trade St. Louis for the first pick, though no mention of what was offered.

Browns offered Rams trade for No. 1

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgqYR4shfeiAzOkU17Q3Tv5DubYF?slug=ap-browns-toppick

misplacedsooner
4/25/2010, 04:50 PM
Why?

because the jets are loaded at corners more so than any team in the nfl. hard to make that team

stoops the eternal pimp
4/25/2010, 05:19 PM
Probably put him at safety.. He fits that system greatly

stoopified
4/25/2010, 05:47 PM
one look at his medical sheet eliminates himI dunno Frank Gore is still playing RB and he had TWO knee surgeries BFORE the NFL.If and I admit it is a big if he is fully recovered and can run 4.7 range I think he is a steal for someone as specal teamer/lb.

OK2U
4/30/2010, 03:19 PM
ESPN Big 12 Blog Mailbag:

Jackie Simmons in Raleigh, N.C., writes: I hoping you can help me with some answers. My son Brian Simmons played for OU last season as a OG beside Trent Williams and in front of Sam Bradford. He was not invited to the combine but scored top numbers at OU pro-day. We were thinking he would go in the 5 to 7 rounds which didn't happen. He hasn't received any free agent calls either. He has spent the last 10 years of his life preparing for this moment. This week he was told that he had been put on the NFL reject list because of his clubfoot. It has never been a problem for him so why would it be a problem for the NFL?

David Ubben: Jackie, I’m sorry to hear that, and to be honest, I wasn’t aware there was such a thing as an NFL reject list. I was aware of his clubfoot, but when I watched him last year, I never thought it had a huge effect on his gait and didn’t really seem to be a factor. He, Brody Eldridge, and of course, Trent, were by far the three best blockers on the team when they were healthy, and Brian absolutely has NFL size at 6-foot-4 and 318 pounds. I’m not a doctor, but my guess is teams see it as a higher risk for future injuries and don’t want to invest in him.

I was actually wondering myself what happened to him; I was a little surprised he hadn’t at least gotten a tryout somewhere.

I don’t know a lot about the medical specifics of the condition, but I do know that I spoke with Brian a ton during the last season, and he was easily one of the most intelligent and genuine players I've ever covered in any sport. It was pretty easy to see how much he enjoyed playing the game, too. Whatever he decides to do in the future, I don’t doubt he’ll succeed.

ouleaf
4/30/2010, 03:28 PM
^This^

SUCKS!!!

Mad Dog Madsen
4/30/2010, 03:40 PM
I had forgotten about Brian Simmons. I hope he can at least get a shot somewhere... He deserves it.