PDA

View Full Version : HAAAALP! Electronics Wizards NEEDED :(

soonerloyal
4/24/2010, 11:34 AM
How do you successfully hook up a VCR to a Mitsubishi WS-65809?

I've got the DVD hooked up and running, but still need help hooking up a VCR player to our Mitsubishi WS-65809. I've tried to follow the exact directions, but can't seem to find a way to change the viewing input so we can see what's being played.

NEVER have I seen two coaxial cables "needed" to hook up a damn VCR, WTH?!

When the cable is hooked up, the picture is fine and there doesn't seem to be a problem with it receiving signals, either.

Neither DVD or VCR seemed to work when hooked up from the back, so I tried the R/W/Y hookups in the front. Now the picture while playing DVD is Jim Dandy. But when I try to play tapes, the image flashes for a millisecond, then goes back to a blue screen. No audio, either.

Sooooo I'm concluding the lack of "extra component viewability" is operator failure. :O

I know the TV is a bit old, but it was a freebie, and although we have several other televisions in the home, I was really looking forward to watching movies and SOONER game tapes on the large screen. :(

Any info will be appreciated - thanks in advance!

P.S. If any of my kids read this, and you know where the hell someone (who shouldn't have touched it w/o permission anyway) put my 2000 NatChamp DVD - GIVE IT THE HELL BACK TO ME DAMMIT. :mad: TIA.

1890MilesToNorman
4/24/2010, 11:49 AM
Ask OleVet, he just configurated this the other day. :D

Crucifax Autumn
4/24/2010, 12:16 PM
Did you try tuning it in to chanel zero (00)?

soonerloyal
4/24/2010, 02:30 PM
Did you try tuning it in to chanel zero (00)?

The TV, the VCR or both?

buck
4/24/2010, 02:42 PM
you need to run the red/white/yellow for the dvd AND cable in to the antenna in input on the back of the vcr AND a coax from ant. out on the vcr to the input on the tv.

soonerloyal
4/24/2010, 03:23 PM
We're actually not using cable on this TV at this point; there's another TV in the same room equipped with a DVR-cable box. We'll just use the big'un for tapes & DVDs unless I decide to get a cable splitter later on.

buck
4/24/2010, 03:36 PM
just cable out to the tv then, from the vcr portion of what i take to be a dvd/vcr combo

buck
4/24/2010, 03:44 PM
if it's a dvd/vcr combo, you need to run the red/white/yellow AND a coax from the ant. out on the vcr part to the tv coax input. if it's two machines, you need to run the red/white/yellow from the dvd (the way you have it) and a coax from the ant. out on the vcr to the tv. the input for dvd should be video1 or something like that, the input for the vcr is just channel 3 or antenna or however it is labeled. hope that helps

soonerloyal
4/24/2010, 07:23 PM
I thought it might be an input problem, but the tapes just don't show but for a millisecond. The function words show up on the screen - stop, rewind, play FF - but the picture itself only for a moment. I've tried different tapes, putting the VCR on different channels, moving the 3/4 button on back, the channels show on the screen when I change them - 2, 3, 4, Line. But no farking picture.

Meanwhile, the DVD is still fine and seems to like me.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have any OU Games on DVD I can buy??? *blows nose and sniffles*

85Sooner
4/25/2010, 12:44 PM
Composit video interconnects. Yellow -red-white from VCR to TV. DONE.

The input selection will say either, source, input or tv/video. OTT

either bad cables or broken VCR

soonerinabilene
4/25/2010, 02:45 PM
get yourself a head cleaner for the VCR and see if that fixes it. If the picture shows for a millisecond then goes away, youve probably got it hooked up right, just have a dirty head or some other problem with the vcr itself.