PDA

View Full Version : Hay, Tulsa peeps!

GottaHavePride
4/23/2010, 04:32 PM
I'm going to go see a show at Tulsa Opera on Sunday (and meet their music director and try to get myself some work). Where's a good place near there (2nd and Cincinnati) to get myself some lunch?

NormanPride
4/23/2010, 04:38 PM
Blue Dome Diner. Great diner food, 2nd and Elgin. You can see it from the PAC to the north east. Right next to it is Yokozuna which has good asian fusion stuff. Around the corner from the Blue Dome is JoeMamma's pizza. Best fried shrooms evar. Further down the block from there is El Guapo, which is some good messican.

I work right across from the PAC so if you have any other questions let me know.

Mjcpr
4/23/2010, 04:42 PM
The Daily Grill at the Crowne Plaza is good and close (about a block north and a block west) but a tad pricey. www.dailygrill.com (http://www.dailygrill.com)

McNellie's is pretty good. It's about 2 blocks north and a block or two east.

Yokozuna is good, 1 block north a couple blocks east.

Trulsa at the Mayo is supposed to be pretty good and you can check out the Mayo which is a cool, old hotel recently remodeled. 115 W 5th St www.mayohotel.com (http://www.mayohotel.com)

Boston Ave Grill is supposed to be pretty good as well. 15 E 5th St www.bostonavenuegrille.com (http://www.bostonavenuegrille.com)

Oh...the Blue Dome Diner is good too if you like diners. It's a block north and a couple of blocks east also, just past Yokozuna. www.myspace.com/bluedomediner (http://www.myspace.com/bluedomediner)

JohnnyMack
4/23/2010, 04:43 PM
I like Caz's too. Fried pickles and Chicken Fried Steak. It's a bit of walk from there though.

El Guapo is meh.

GottaHavePride
4/23/2010, 04:44 PM
Cool! Thanks, guys!

Mjcpr
4/23/2010, 04:44 PM
El Guapo's sucks.

NormanPride
4/23/2010, 04:49 PM
It's a hell of a lot better than most of the tex mex around Tulsa. It's not Tarahumara or Pepe's, but it's better than Senor Tequila or any of the other crap you find.

IB4OU2
4/23/2010, 04:52 PM
El Guapo's sucks.

I disagree, the Margaritas are fabulous.

GottaHavePride
4/23/2010, 06:45 PM
It's a hell of a lot better than most of the tex mex around Tulsa.

OKC > Tulsa ?

;)

Okla-homey
4/23/2010, 07:25 PM
OKC > Tulsa ?

;)

Are you retarded? No one in command of their faculties could possibly believe such a thing. Tulsa is the cultural and intellectual capital of this state. Has been since 1911. Think about it. Is there an OKC Opera? Of course not. That will never change, even if OKC eventually builds some POS downtown building monstrosity a few feet higher than those capping Tulsa's grand and glorious skyline.

And did I mention we have hills and trees? Unlike our working-class sister city at the crappy end of the Turner Turnpike.:D

Mjcpr
4/26/2010, 09:41 AM
It's a hell of a lot better than most of the tex mex around Tulsa. It's not Tarahumara or Pepe's, but it's better than Senor Tequila or any of the other crap you find.

I guess we disagree.

I disagree, the Margaritas are fabulous.

If so, it's the only thing.

soonerboomer93
4/26/2010, 09:44 AM
Are you retarded? No one in command of their faculties could possibly believe such a thing. Tulsa is the cultural and intellectual capital of this state. Has been since 1911. Think about it. Is there an OKC Opera? Of course not. That will never change, even if OKC eventually builds some POS downtown building monstrosity a few feet higher than those capping Tulsa's grand and glorious skyline.

And did I mention we have hills and trees? Unlike our working-class sister city at the crappy end of the Turner Turnpike.:D

Norman > Tulsa

JohnnyMack
4/26/2010, 10:02 AM
I think El Guapo is a great location with a cool feel and **** food.

StoopTroup
4/26/2010, 10:22 AM
Norman > Tulsa

Which....if you could be in two places at once...you'd really kick the crap outta OKC. :D

NormanPride
4/26/2010, 10:26 AM
So where did you end up going, GHP?

GottaHavePride
4/26/2010, 12:17 PM
Well, I wound up parking right across the street from Yokozuna, but on Sundays they apparently don't open till 5 pm. So I walked around the block to McNellie's. After the show I wasn't really hungry again yet, so I just drove back to Nompton.

The show was great, btw, and Tulsa Opera's artistic director is very cool.

Mjcpr
4/26/2010, 12:25 PM
Do you mind coming back to settle the El Guapo's dispute?

GottaHavePride
4/26/2010, 12:31 PM
Heh. I'll probably be back up there at some point. I think I've eaten there once before but it was years ago and someone else was paying, so I don't recall it very well. ;)

JohnnyMack
4/26/2010, 12:31 PM
EL GUAPO DEATHMATCH!!!!

GottaHavePride
4/26/2010, 12:32 PM
For us, our El Guapo is actually the REAL El Guapo...

StoopTroup
4/26/2010, 12:57 PM
I've walked out of El Guapo twice.

Once it was because the folks up front don't even know how to seat people in their restaurant...the 2nd time I went back because I felt they deserved a 2nd chance. They didn't. We never made it to a bowl of chips. The margarita at the bar was OK...but none are better than the margs I make myself.

El Guapo=El Dumpo

John Kochtoston
4/26/2010, 11:28 PM
http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/El%20Guapo.jpg

Would you say I have a plethora of suck?