PDA

View Full Version : Sandro's Pizza?

GottaHavePride
4/23/2010, 03:27 PM
I'm too lazy to search.

What's the story on this place? On Main Street, across from Norman High. The guy running the place used to be a cook over at NY Pizza on campus corner. Food is just as good (nearly identical) and cheaper.

And by "what's the story" I mean "is the guy having a bit of a feud with the owners of NY Pizza or something".

NormanPride
4/23/2010, 03:54 PM
NYP&P has the better location.

yermom
4/23/2010, 04:16 PM
Yeah, i dunno. The pizza was the same as far as i could tell

GottaHavePride
4/23/2010, 04:26 PM
NYP&P has the better location.

Well, yeah. But for food that's just as good (although Sandro's does the thick-crust Sicilian-style that NY Pizza doesn't do anymore) and is actually cheaper...

Plus, a friend of mine worked for NYP&P for less than a week. Every night she went in they accused her of stealing from the till until she got sick of them and quit. I'm kind of boycotting the place now.

Boarder
4/23/2010, 05:02 PM
I asked the dude at Sandro's and he said the guy running NY was his Uncle/Dad/Grandpa, etc. I can't remember exactly, but it was some relation. They're both delicious.

GottaHavePride
4/23/2010, 06:47 PM
I asked the dude at Sandro's and he said the guy running NY was his Uncle/Dad/Grandpa, etc. I can't remember exactly, but it was some relation. They're both delicious.

OK, cool. In that case, they must have thought they were getting enough traffic from Norman High at the campus corner location that opening a spinoff place would be a good move.

King Barry's Back
4/23/2010, 11:18 PM
OK, cool. In that case, they must have thought they were getting enough traffic from Norman High at the campus corner location that opening a spinoff place would be a good move.

So does that mean you are going to boycott both places? Kind of?

GottaHavePride
4/24/2010, 10:27 AM
Nah, I think I'll just go to Sandro's now. It's cheaper, and the younger guy is running it.