PDA

View Full Version : Kiper flips out on Mcshay over Clausen

Collier11
4/23/2010, 12:29 PM
Funny stuff, wonder if he apolgoized once Mcshay was proven correct

http://juicedsportsblog.com/2010/04/mel-kiper-explodes-on-todd-mcshay.html

goingoneight
4/23/2010, 12:33 PM
Why do people get paid to analyze a draft? Better yet, why aren't those people doing something productive rather than trying to pick who's going to win the lottery?

Collier11
4/23/2010, 12:34 PM
Hey, if they would pay me the big bucks id happily do it. A good point someone brought up is, if you are a neutral bystander and you are so mad that someone is saying that Clausen wont get picked high that you freak out, you need to think about retiring

salth2o
4/23/2010, 12:39 PM
Kiper can suck it!

He and his helmet hair drive me crazy.

sooner94
4/23/2010, 01:38 PM
Is Kiper f#$%kcing Jimmy Claussen or what? Kind of odd how he got so upset there.

And what is really funny is that McShay was 100% correct.

badger
4/23/2010, 01:46 PM
Kipie knows he's getting traded in for a younger model:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L7gfZR6CpCk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L7gfZR6CpCk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

badger
4/23/2010, 01:48 PM
Is this Kiper's son or an impersonator that's making fun of Kiper with a wig on?!
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0c6Lp0_mliI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0c6Lp0_mliI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Crucifax Autumn
4/23/2010, 02:42 PM
Dude looks like a fisher price toy.

aurorasooner
4/23/2010, 02:45 PM
I'm glad that there were 2 NFL draft coverages to choose from last night before the Thunder/Lakers game came on. Reading about Clausen/Kiper/Tebow in today's press has been almost as fun as seeing the Sooners & the Big 12 dominate in the 1st round before watching a great BB game.
From Georgia
Does Jimmy Clausen have pictures of Mel Kiper in a compromising position with Osama Bin Laden and a sheep? That's the only possible explanation for Kiper's dogged insistence throughout the leadup to the draft that little Jimmy was among the 5 best players available in the draft. Apparently none of the teams with a pick in the first round of the draft agreed with him. Which is further proof that even Tom Lemming thinks Mel Kiper is a Notre Dame hack.From Indianapolis
Many were stunned by Clausen's rapid fall from grace. None other than ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr., who has more draft knowledge under his well-oiled hairdo than just about anyone, had Clausen as the No. 4 overall pick going into last night's NFL draft.

Kiper looked almost as forlorn as Clausen. They could probably both use a hug from Andrews.

You could almost read Kiper's mind, saying, "After all these years, how could all these NFL scouts and generl managers doubt me." I couldn't help but think of former Indianapolis Colts general manager Bill Tobin, who once uttered, "Who the h--- is Mel Kiper Jr.?"

Kiper wasn't alone. Nine of 10 NFL draft analysts had Clausen going no later than No. 9 to Buffalo. Note to youngsters hoping for NFL futures: Look to actual NFL front office types for your info, not draft experts. I know they're not as sexy as Mel and Todd McShay, but they might actually hold the keys to useful career-decision-making information.

Clearly most NFL GMs think Clausen is more in the mold of Brady Quinn than Joe Montana. And honestly, I'm not sure even a year of college could change that.

Where Clausen ends up at this point is anybodys guess. But my bet is if Claussen could have one big do-over, he'd head back to his South Bend dorm room, throw his arms around Kelly, and hope another year throwing passes under Touchdown Jesus would work miracles for his financial fortunes.
NY Times
Tebow to the Denver Broncos with the 25th pick was the biggest surprise of the first round.

You may stop laughing like that now. You could hurt yourself.

Really, the most amazing thing about Tebow is not that a quarterback deemed by many a fifth-round talent managed to wield some sort of Tebow magic to be picked 25th over all by Denver, but that if you know nothing about football, care nothing about football, cover your ears and chant like a crazy person every time the subject is brought up, you know about Tebow. You can’t avoid it. For the people who have not heard of him, Mike Tanier asks in our Fifth Down blog, “Is the rock you reside under rent-controlled?”

But seriously, rocks are no defense. The man got more publicity at the Super Bowl for an ad than Peyton Manning did for playing in it.

So go ahead and cue the amazement that Tebow was the second quarterback taken after Sam Bradford. Colt McCoy is still on the board. Ditto, Jimmy Clausen. There is some out-and-out howling about this, a double dose on CBSSports.com from Pete Prisco and Mike Freeman, who wrote that the Broncos wore the draft’s clown suit. Clifton Brown writes in The Sporting News that Broncos Coach Josh McDaniels is betting his job on the Tebow pick and Tanier writes on Fifth Down that he’s Vince Young with a weaker arm and stronger character. Dan Graziano writes on Fanhouse.com that the character part is what made Tebow a good pick in the anti-Ben Roethlisberger mold.
Dan Shanoff writes in The Sporting News that the best part was watching Mel Kiper Jr. suffer after his predraft preening that Tebow would not be picked early. Sporting News
For the purposes of this experiment, TV shall include the internet as well. First, it was impossible to miss the fact that Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen from ESPN and Jason La Canfora from NFLN were blatantly announcing picks on Twitter minutes – sometimes up to five or six minutes – before the commissioner announced a selection. I'm all for scoops, but we aren't sitting around for five hours watching this spectacle of a draft so we can have our picks leaked out before hand. And this isn't coming from a team's beat writer just trying to do his job. These tweets were coming from the reporters working for both networks covering the event on TV. If getting the scoop is that important, just eliminate the whole fanfare of the draft altogether and have NFL insiders in a room with a Blackberry just reading off who picked whom. Maybe I found myself gravitating more toward the NFLN coverage so I could have missed a lot of his analysis, but it felt like ESPN had Kiper sitting on the end of the desk doing nothing other than staring at his Big Board that had Jimmy Clausen stuck at the top as every team in the league passed on one of his "can't miss" talents.

As I mentioned on Tuesday in our NFL Draft coverage draft, this night is made for Mel, but it sure didn't feel like that on ESPN. I don't know what happened on ESPN's coverage last night as I opted not to watch it, but according to some of the press clippings today there were some fireworks among their hosts.
By contrast, NFLN made Mike Mayock into their star of the evening. They had a draft expert and they deferred to his expertise on everything from player grades to who would be the right fit for which team. Mayock felt like an expert on Thursday, and the credit clearly goes to Rich Eisen for that. Eisen coolly and calmly drove the bus for NFLN, even managing to get in every single sponsor name the network overstuffed their coverage to include. Eisen was the anti-Berman last night, who seemed, well, like Berman doing the draft. If you notice, after a lengthy conversation between pundits on ESPN, Berman just lets the conversation hang for two or three seconds – a long time on TV – before abruptly moving on. That's because he's obviously not paying attention, right? Or because, as we saw on the wide shot, he's busy yelling at the director.
The most stunning moment of the NFL draft's first round came when news hit that Denver had traded up to take a quarterback, and that quarterback was named Tim Tebow instead of Jimmy Clausen.

This could turn out to be a double-diss for Notre Dame. Not only did Tebow leapfrog Clausen, but maybe he also soon will challenge Brady Quinn for the No. 2 spot on the Broncos' depth chart.

And did we detect a blush from Mel Kiper? His main role for the night seemed to be telling the world that, in his opinion, Clausen was the best guy left available. And he could still say that at the end of the night, when Clausen was still available. :D

Jacie
4/23/2010, 03:44 PM
Kiper can calm down tonite when the Vikings take Jimmy with their second round pick or so some guys other than Mel think.

OTH, it would be kinda funny if Ponyboy were picked ahead of him . . .

sooner94
4/23/2010, 04:01 PM
Might be worth watching just to see Kiper get pissed every time Claussen gets passed over, and remind everyone that Jimmy is the best player available.

Collier11
4/23/2010, 04:08 PM
Mcshay said Mccoy will be picked before Clausen, probably just to **** off Kiper, I hope he is right :D

Boffingham
4/23/2010, 04:13 PM
Is Kiper f#$%kcing Jimmy Claussen or what? Kind of odd how he got so upset there.

And what is really funny is that McShay was 100% correct.

From what I heard, Kiper's agency also represents Clausen while McShay's agency represents Bradford. Makes sense based on what those two mouth breathers pontificate each day.

fadada1
4/23/2010, 04:26 PM
i said it once, and i'll say it again, clausen couldn't beat navy. NAVY!!!! in fact, he lost twice. TWICE!!!!

anyone here think he can beat detroit???

Collier11
4/23/2010, 04:27 PM
apparently ESPN realized how retarded their golden boy Kiper looked cus they just had a kiss n makeup session live on air

badger
4/23/2010, 04:50 PM
i said it once, and i'll say it again, clausen couldn't beat navy. NAVY!!!! in fact, he lost twice. TWICE!!!!

anyone here think he can beat detroit???

Hey, Navy's been solid recently. Do I think they'd beat us? No, but they'd definitely beat Poke State. :D

Collier11
4/23/2010, 04:55 PM
Lets be honest, the majority of games that ND lost the last 2 years werent Clausens fault, it was the horrible D

Leroy Lizard
4/23/2010, 05:02 PM
Pretty interesting take on McShay versus Kiper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dcPDj0rhe8&feature=related

badger
4/23/2010, 05:08 PM
Check this screenshot I just made of that Youtube thing I embedded earlier:
http://i40.tinypic.com/w1r1q0.jpg

Captions?

Collier11
4/23/2010, 05:09 PM
Its just funny how Mcshay stayed calm and Kiper about had an aneurysm

hawaii 5-0
4/23/2010, 05:10 PM
Mel Kiper = Eddie Munster's Love Child

:cool: 5-0

Leroy Lizard
4/23/2010, 05:13 PM
I think Kiper wanted Jimmy C drafted high and thought he could make it happen through his bluster. At some point, you become emotionally attached to the outcome and, well, we saw what happens.

ouduckhunter
4/23/2010, 06:12 PM
Kiper is a raging idiot!!

I think that he could put that anger to better use if he was on MSNBC instead of ESpin! :D

Dio
4/24/2010, 11:39 AM
Kiper is a raging idiot!!

I think that he could put that anger to better use if he was on MSNBC instead of ESpin! :D

Well, he's full of enough s*** to work for either one.

Piware
4/24/2010, 02:34 PM
Yeah, Kiper really knows his "stuff". Didn't he have Sam slotted as #7 at one time. When the Rams made their announcement, he looked like he had a cramp. LOL!

VA Sooner
4/24/2010, 04:46 PM
Is this Kiper's son or an impersonator that's making fun of Kiper with a wig on?!
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0c6Lp0_mliI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0c6Lp0_mliI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Badger... that's the funniest damn video I have seen in a long time! Where did you find that and how did I miss this one????

OUmillenium
4/25/2010, 01:02 PM
We chose to watch the coverage on NFL network. didn't miss Kiper a bit.

BigDeezy
4/25/2010, 01:56 PM
Kiper was just a small part of ESPN's problems with their coverage of the draft. It was painful to watch. I switched to NFL network early on, and found it a difference between night and day.