PDA

View Full Version : Avatar 2 Details Out

sooner59
4/23/2010, 12:05 PM

That is the name of it. Apparently it will contain some rainforest stuff from the first movie but will focus beneath the oceans of Pandora and all the crazy stuff down there. Since I love Cameron's movie, The Abyss, I am anxious to see what he does. I'm glad he is switch things around, but I guess I'm not surprised given its Cameron. And it sounds like the third movie in the trilogy will focus on other moons and planets in Pandora's star system. Sounds pretty cool. I am eager to here the premise.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-avatar-2-the-abyss.html

Veritas
4/23/2010, 12:07 PM
Cameron jumped the shark with Titanic. He is dead to me.

NormanPride
4/23/2010, 12:54 PM
Meh. It will be pretty and that's it.

SicEmBaylor
4/23/2010, 01:04 PM
Cameron jumped the shark with Titanic. He is dead to me.

Titanic would have been better had it not been for the love story and his attempt to demonize the wealthy.

AggieTool
4/23/2010, 01:11 PM
Yay

Crucifax Autumn
4/23/2010, 02:31 PM
Titanic would have been better if it wasn't stupid.

Fixed

Fraggle145
4/23/2010, 04:26 PM
Titanic would have been better had it not been gay.

Fixed.

sooner59
4/23/2010, 10:48 PM
The only part about Titanic I like was Kate Winslet's knockers.

GKeeper316
4/23/2010, 11:07 PM
Titanic would have been better had it not been for the love story and his attempt to demonize the wealthy.

how so?

Stitch Face
4/25/2010, 09:24 AM
Will this be straight to PS3?

Jacie
4/25/2010, 06:30 PM
It'll involve some really good looking people of color (blue, green or violet) and the bad guys, which will basically be us, fail spectacularly in whatever it is they tried to do to the blue, green or violet good guys.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/10/2010, 03:25 PM
It'll involve some really good looking people of color (blue, green or violet) and the bad guys, which will basically be us, fail spectacularly in whatever it is they tried to do to the blue, green or violet good guys.I finally saw the first Avatar yesterday. Regardless of how much Cameron must hate the USA, the movie's visuals were more than I ever imagined. I enjoyed it a heckuva lot more than I thought I would, given the "plot". The man and his team sure have some talent.

JLEW1818
7/10/2010, 03:30 PM
I thought the Avatar was horrible. I will never watch again.

7/10/2010, 03:42 PM
I thought the Avatar was horrible. I will never watch again.Srsly? Awesome, amazing stuff, regardless of the repulsive plot.

HBick
7/10/2010, 03:50 PM
I thought it was all right, but it didn't make me want to buy it on Blu-Ray. But apparently it's the one to own, so I may make an exception and pick it up after I go get Hot Tub Time Machine

picasso
7/10/2010, 03:51 PM
Only 3 or 4 people in the world could do it.

King Crimson
7/10/2010, 04:38 PM
titanic is a metaphor for capital. looks like capitalism is the
"system" that failed.

badger
7/10/2010, 04:55 PM

That is the name of it. Apparently it will contain some rainforest stuff from the first movie but will focus beneath the oceans of Pandora and all the crazy stuff down there. [/url]

James Cameron: So I stole Dances with Wolves from you already with the first Avatar...

Kevin Costner: You arsehole.

James Cameron: Yes, I am... anyway, for my second Avatar, I am now going to steal Waterworld from you too.

Kevin Costner: :mad:

James Cameron: :D

JLEW1818
7/10/2010, 04:59 PM
Srsly? Awesome, amazing stuff, regardless of the repulsive plot.

well it was a boot leg dvd.

the movie kinda gave me a headache.

any movie with that girl from The Fast and the Furious, getting a significant role, can't be a good movie....:D

I'd watch the Titanic sink a thousand times before watching Avatar again.

7/10/2010, 05:10 PM
well it was a boot leg dvd.

the movie kinda gave me a headache.

any movie with that girl from The Fast and the Furious, getting a significant role, can't be a good movie....:D

I'd watch the Titanic sink a thousand times before watching Avatar again.haha

JLEW1818
7/10/2010, 05:15 PM
or maybe Kate Winslet's were the first boobs i saw in a video?

MR2-Sooner86
7/10/2010, 05:19 PM
FernGully The Last Rainforest meets Tron meets The Matrix meets Starship Troopers meets Dances With Wolves meets Pocahontas which equals Avatar.

Other than the visuals this movie wasn't much.

KC//CRIMSON
7/10/2010, 06:18 PM
41. Jake Sully

Charges: Say what you will about his questionable allegiance to, and interspecies intercourse with, the 9-ft blue Indians of Pandora. Say what you will about his refusal to bend to the will of Big Unobtainium. Say what you will about the ex-Marine’s bravery and fighting skill. But for the love of Eywa, why didn’t he at least warn the Na’vi at some point that the humans meant to slaughter them and nine-eleven their giant treehouse? Why, Jake Sully, why?
Exhibit A: “Outcast. Betrayer. Alien. I was in the place the eye does not see.”
Sentence: Soon realizes that living in the woods gets boring pretty fast, loses custody of huge red dragon in ugly divorce.

SicEmBaylor
7/10/2010, 06:25 PM
titanic is a metaphor for capital. looks like capitalism is the
"system" that failed.

I'm glad someone besides me thinks that. Every single time I try to tell people that, they look at me like I'm out of my mind and "way too political."

yermom
7/10/2010, 06:29 PM
I finally saw the first Avatar yesterday. Regardless of how much Cameron must hate the USA, the movie's visuals were more than I ever imagined. I enjoyed it a heckuva lot more than I thought I would, given the "plot". The man and his team sure have some talent.

i only really disagree with your disdain in principle, otherwise i'm right there with you

i'm so glad it didn't win Best Picture, but visually, and technically it was totally amazing and i'd suggest anyone to see it in 3D on the big screen given the chance.

on DVD or Bluray, pass

TheHumanAlphabet
7/10/2010, 06:47 PM
I refuse to give Cameron my hard earned money. HAven't seen Avatar and don't plan to see any of his movies ever. He can solve the oil spill crisis and make more money that way, he doesn't need mine.

KC//CRIMSON
7/10/2010, 07:22 PM
I refuse to give Cameron my hard earned money. HAven't seen Avatar and don't plan to see any of his movies ever. He can solve the oil spill crisis and make more money that way, he doesn't need mine.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2714/4518321904_3c58fae492_m.jpg

I'll show you, James Camerooon!

picasso
7/10/2010, 09:27 PM
Only 3 or 4 people in the world can do what I do. Or done did. yo

7/11/2010, 12:18 AM
other than the visuals this movie wasn't much.really!

7/11/2010, 12:21 AM
i only really disagree with your "disdain in principle"...PLEASE ELABORATE

on DVD or Bluray, passI saw it on DVD, and it was still amazing!

sooner59
7/11/2010, 01:20 PM
I didn't give two shi*s about the plot. I watched it in IMAX 3D and it was pretty kick *** due to the visuals. That's why I liked it. I do like sci-fi stuff also, so it wasn't terrible. Not every movie has to be Gone with the wind, Scarface, or The Godfather to be enjoyable. Some of yall read too much into a movie. I ain't trying to be Siskel or Ebert, just want to sit in a theater and forgot about important **** for a couple hours.

MR2-Sooner86
7/11/2010, 01:48 PM
really!

YES REALLY!

Sure it looks cool but I don't give 3/4 of a flying **** about the "mother goddess" tree giving all life through neon light strings. I don't care about circle of life or crap he was trying to learn.

In fact I was very disappointed at the end. The humans were winning and they throw in some bull **** deus ex machina. Come on! Let the blue people die with a little ****ing dignity.

Collier11
7/11/2010, 02:14 PM
Avatar 2- As overrated and crap filled as the 1st?

yermom
7/11/2010, 04:27 PM
I saw it on DVD, and it was still amazing!

if you are that impressed after seeing it on DVD, you have no idea

and i just thought the story was an unoriginal rehash, not that it was some communist propaganda

7/11/2010, 04:38 PM
if you are that impressed after seeing it on DVD, you have no idea

and i just thought the story was an unoriginal rehash, not that it was some communist propagandaBeing unoriginal rehash doesn't exemp it from being anti-America and anti- capitalist.

Hey, I liked it anyway, as I said. I believe knowing the plot ahead of time helped a lot to enjoy it. (I didn't spend much time calling Cameron the commie-shi* that he is)

7/11/2010, 04:40 PM
[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]In fact I was very disappointed at the end. The humans were winning and they throw in some bull **** deus ex machina. Come on! Let the blue people die with a little ****ing dignity.Agreed...That would have been a much better ending.

GottaHavePride
7/12/2010, 11:40 AM
I don't think AVatar was as much un-American and un-capitalist as it was a giant eco-hippie boner-fest wrapped up in a really, really damn predictable plot.

The special effects were cool, but the movie was meh.

7/12/2010, 11:57 AM
I don't think AVatar was as much un-American and un-capitalist as it was a giant eco-hippie boner-fest...
What's the difference?

GottaHavePride
7/12/2010, 12:04 PM
Because I think the intended reaction was not for the audience to think "those capitalist jerk-bags!" but for them to think "those jerk-bags are destroying NATURE! RAWR! HIPPIE SMASH!"

There's a subtle difference.

7/12/2010, 12:14 PM
Because I think the intended reaction was not for the audience to think "those capitalist jerk-bags!" but for them to think "those jerk-bags are destroying NATURE! RAWR! HIPPIE SMASH!"

There's a subtle difference.it's intertwined, IMHO. Anti-military, anti-profit motive, as they were seeking whatever that stuff was that they wanted on Pandora, and it JUST SO HAPPENED that the mother-lode was right under the very center of forest-people society...and, they got to destroy the universe' largest tree, in the process. EVIL, evil Americans, from "a dying planet".