PDA

View Full Version : ESPN.com's lead story: The 25th pick

Lott's Bandana
4/23/2010, 12:41 AM
This kid is an aas boil that won't go away.

Seriously, the 25th pick leads the sports world?

Must have been a slow NBA and NHL playoffs and 24 other picks night...

sooner59
4/23/2010, 12:47 AM
Not even that. He was 25th.

GottaHavePride
4/23/2010, 12:51 AM
The thing that makes me laugh is that Big Hair kept listing Jimmah Pickles as the best available player all damn night. Seriously, if he's that good, someone would have drafted his ***.

Big Hair is a turbo******.

Sooner in Tampa
4/23/2010, 07:02 AM
Good, bad or indifferent, it is a sad thing to realize that Timmah the Messiah will be in the news for a while longer

1890MilesToNorman
4/23/2010, 07:17 AM
Good, bad or indifferent, it is a sad thing to realize that Timmah the Messiah will be in the news for a while longer

Wait until he gets his clock cleaned and cries in the NFL, that will be a special day. :D

New favorite Team = St. Louis Sams
New least favorite team= the Denver flying Tebows

cheezyq
4/23/2010, 07:19 AM
The thing that makes me laugh is that Big Hair kept listing Jimmah Pickles as the best available player all damn night. Seriously, if he's that good, someone would have drafted his ***.

Big Hair is a turbo******.

Funny thing is the 2nd leading story has that awesome pick of Jimmy C. sitting dejected on the field.

starrca23
4/23/2010, 07:48 AM
DAMN! I have never hated on Tebow, but DAMN! A little love for the number 1 pick...or the fact that the 1st, 3rd, 4th were all from OU!?

bmjlr
4/23/2010, 08:15 AM
DAMN! I have never hated on Tebow, but DAMN! A little love for the number 1 pick...or the fact that the 1st, 3rd, 4th were all from OU!?

No doubt, or the fact that the Big 12 produced 5 of the first 6 picks.

goingoneight
4/23/2010, 08:21 AM
You guys just don't understand how important the buildup of a bust has to be.

Soonerntxs
4/23/2010, 08:26 AM
Tim's 1st day in the locker room at Denver:

"I promise you one thing. A lot of good will come out of this. You will never see any player in the entire country play as hard as I will play the rest of the season. You will never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the season. You will never see a team play harder than we will the rest of the season." (Tim Tebow)

Locker Room response: "We promise you one thing, TONY WANA BE ROBBINS...Our Kicker makes more sitting on the bench during one game than you all year, so STFU!

soonerinabilene
4/23/2010, 08:33 AM
if i were espn, my lead story would be about the dumbest draft move of all time,too.

badger
4/23/2010, 08:36 AM
Meh, us having an awesome draft was predictable. I don't think that anyone predicted that if two QB's went in the first round yesterday and the second one would Rev. Tim T. Messiah.

as such, let espn have their tebow fun for another day.

stoopified
4/23/2010, 09:30 AM
I DO NOT understand the uproar over TT being a late first round pick.On the other hand I AM on the opposite side of this argument than most.While I got sick to death of the media lovefest for Tebow the fact remains I think he has a chance to be better than Fumbles McScramble.I have to laugh when hardly anybody blinked about VY being the NFL #2 pick and yet EVERYONE raises hell over Tebow being a late first round pick.

Lets compare the two QBs

Both were considered great college players but not pure QBs because of passing mechanics.However Tebow has always had the reputation as a leader and hard worker,McScramble not so much.VyY is famed for his 6 score on the Wonderlic,Tebow scored over FOUR TIMES higher.Fumbles was a turnover machine in college and has continued to do so in the pros,Tebow took care of the ball at Florida and I am willing to bet he does that in the NFL.Personally I think Tebow can rise to the same level of mediocrity at NFL qb as Fumbles.

NormanPride
4/23/2010, 09:51 AM
The difference is that Vince is athletic and has a good arm. Not a great throwing motion but he still has tons of strength and manages to be somewhat accurate. He can also run a 4.4 at 6'5" 260#.

Tebow, in contrast, is a slow fullback that throws the ball sometimes. He can read a D about as well as Vince (who was relied on to throw a hell of a lot more than Tim) and has an even worse throwing motion, if that's even possible. His runs were primarily through the middle of the D as a bruiser type rather than scrambling around evading people using speed.

Again, you're assuming that Vince should be a QB. He shouldn't.

ouleaf
4/23/2010, 10:14 AM
Still can't understand McDaniels giving up a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Rd pick to move up and take Tebow. Were they really that worried Minnesota was going to take him? Does that mean he's gonna start? You've already got Brady Quinn and Kyle Orton.

soonerinabilene
4/23/2010, 10:54 AM
brady quinn, kyle orton, and tim tebow. what an arsenal.

GottaHavePride
4/23/2010, 10:56 AM
They key word is arse. ;)

yankee
4/23/2010, 10:59 AM
i have a gut feeling...that come summer camp time, sam is going to impress his teammates and coaches while tebus struggles...and the tebus is going to get 10X the coverage that sam gets. thanks espin.

SoonerLB
4/23/2010, 11:01 AM
You guys just don't understand how important the buildup of a bust has to be.

LOL! Well, I'm pretty sick of the buildup, but I eagerly await (and anticipate) the bust part!

Mississippi Sooner
4/23/2010, 11:02 AM
At least Tebow isn't really changing his uniform colors very much. He can still keep his orange and blue halo.

But if he had to have a place in the NFL to flame out, I couldn't think of a better team that the Donkeys. :pop:

Leroy Lizard
4/23/2010, 11:54 AM
The difference is that Vince is athletic and has a good arm. Not a great throwing motion but he still has tons of strength and manages to be somewhat accurate. He can also run a 4.4 at 6'5" 260#.

Tebow, in contrast, is a slow fullback that throws the ball sometimes. He can read a D about as well as Vince (who was relied on to throw a hell of a lot more than Tim) and has an even worse throwing motion, if that's even possible. His runs were primarily through the middle of the D as a bruiser type rather than scrambling around evading people using speed.

Again, you're assuming that Vince should be a QB. He shouldn't.

I think Tebow is about the same size as VY and probably a little heavier.

As for reading defenses, I would think Tebow is a helluva lot better than VY. Doesn't reading defenses require at least some gray matter?

I get the feeling that somehow that we are selling Tebow short once again. I think he could succeed in the NFL.

rawlingsHOH
4/23/2010, 11:59 AM
I think Tebow is about the same size as VY and probably a little heavier.

As for reading defenses, I would think Tebow is a helluva lot better than VY. Doesn't reading defenses require at least some gray matter?

I get the feeling that somehow that we are selling Tebow short once again. I think he could succeed in the NFL.
He doesn't look nearly as tall as VY.

Curly Bill
4/23/2010, 12:04 PM
I think Teebus can succeed in the NFL...

...but not as a quarterback.

OUMonster
4/23/2010, 01:57 PM
The worst part of Sportscenter was when they described Tebow as "comparing favorably" to Bradford last year and showed their 2009 stats side by side including total TD's. Not career stats or 2008, but 2009 only.

Tebow lovers can be so proud that his stats looked better than someone who missed about 85% of the season. Idiots.

Sirus
4/23/2010, 02:02 PM
if i were espn, my lead story would be about the dumbest draft move of all time,too.

I think even Al Davis shook his head.

Mjcpr
4/23/2010, 02:06 PM
I think even Al Davis shook his head.

That was probably just the Parkinson's.

BillyBall
4/23/2010, 02:21 PM
That was probably just the Parkinson's.

Heh...

Jacie
4/23/2010, 03:36 PM

That is what will make the story interesting, how he will be used. There is no roster position marked "Athlete" on any NFL team. They will plug him into a position where he will practice and ultimately play. If that position is QB, does the Denver owner have the patience to let his new coach develop TT before making him a starter, a process that could take at least one season?

Leroy Lizard
4/23/2010, 04:46 PM
He doesn't look nearly as tall as VY.

According to WIKI (which means it must be true), Tebow is two inches shorter than VY but slightly heavier.

Leroy Lizard
4/23/2010, 04:47 PM

Maybe, but I'm not sure we are the best people to gauge his ability. Remember, Horn fans said that Bradford wasn't going to work out because of his high school stats. (Of course, we are talking about Horn fans here.)