PDA

View Full Version : USA Today this morning-Tebow

Flagstaffsooner
4/22/2010, 06:48 AM
Has anybody seen the front page? Way over the top pic of Tebow.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-04-21-tim-tebow_N.htm?csp=hf

OU_Sooners75
4/22/2010, 07:34 AM
I dont know if that is over the top, but bad taste definitely.

Boomer.....
4/22/2010, 07:53 AM
Wow.

...sooner
4/22/2010, 08:03 AM
ughhhhhh

Wishboned
4/22/2010, 08:12 AM
This asshat in Orlando thinks that Tebow is the most iconic and popular player in college football history...

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2010/04/father-of-tim-tebow-on-nfl-draft-jacksonville-jaguars-have-shown-no-interest.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports_bianchi+%28Open+Mike%2 9

KantoSooner
4/22/2010, 09:24 AM
People in Florida really believe that Tebow is the most popular person in America, and potentially in the world. It's weird, but they really do.

To be kind, the rest of us will have to treat them like people who've just left a cult - be kind, calm and firm and patient with their periodic outbursts. We must understand that watching the foundation of their pathetic system turn out to be what the rest of us always knew it to be will be very, very hard to take. For them. Kind of like dealing with Branch Dravidians or Jonestown refugees.

For the rest of us, it'll be nothing but one long, cruel hoot.

Oldnslo
4/22/2010, 09:57 AM
This kid is human, and, being so, he's going to fall at some point. When he does, it's going to be painful. so much so, that I actually feel sorry for him right now.

Even though he's kind of a ******nozzle. And by "kind of", I mean "epic". He's going to make Steve Garvey's fall from grace look like a walk in the park. On a sunny day.

Tailwind
4/22/2010, 10:05 AM
That picture made me sick to my stomach.

soonerloyal
4/22/2010, 10:26 AM
People in Florida really believe that Tebow is the most popular person in America, and potentially in the world. It's weird, but they really do.

To be kind, the rest of us will have to treat them like people who've just left a cult - be kind, calm and firm and patient with their periodic outbursts. We must understand that watching the foundation of their pathetic system turn out to be what the rest of us always knew it to be will be very, very hard to take. For them. Kind of like dealing with Branch Dravidians or Jonestown refugees.

For the rest of us, it'll be nothing but one long, cruel hoot.

You're better than I. I'm gonna just continue making retching sounds, miming my finger down my throat, rolling my eyes in derision and jeering at them shrilly every time somebody down here waxes ecstatically over Timmah.

KantoSooner
4/22/2010, 10:39 AM
I have no choice: my two beloved nephews in Jax are diehard UF fans. I know, I know, it's their mother's (my sister's) fault.

I'm torn, but I just can't rid myself of familial feelling for the sprogs.

...sooner
4/22/2010, 10:50 AM
This asshat in Orlando thinks that Tebow is the most iconic and popular player in college football history...

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2010/04/father-of-tim-tebow-on-nfl-draft-jacksonville-jaguars-have-shown-no-interest.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports_bianchi+%28Open+Mike%2 9

WOW. epic fail.

soonerloyal
4/22/2010, 12:07 PM
Whoa. Bianchi's got a serious case of bromance goin' on for Timmah.

Blecchh. :eek:

janderson255
4/22/2010, 12:43 PM
What does Jesus Christ have to do with Timothy Tebow and football?

Sooner in Tampa
4/22/2010, 12:46 PM
Just WAY over the top. That is pretty much inexcusable to be THAT infatuated with one dude.

Crucifax Autumn
4/22/2010, 01:17 PM
Wow...I mean really...Just wow...

IBleedCrimson
4/22/2010, 02:15 PM
the tebowla virus spreads through its primary host, the sportswriter. once inserted in the sports writer's brain, it quickly reproduces and begins seeking new hosts through internet, television, and radio. studies show that residents of florida and UF alum are more prone to infection, and more responsible for the virus' spread.

Monster Zero
4/22/2010, 04:47 PM
This kid is human, and, being so, he's going to fall at some point. When he does, it's going to be painful. so much so, that I actually feel sorry for him right now.

Even though he's kind of a ******nozzle. And by "kind of", I mean "epic". He's going to make Steve Garvey's fall from grace look like a walk in the park. On a sunny day.

What kinda nozzle? Let's see, six letters...

Does it start with an A?
No, I don't think so.

Does it start with a B?
No, I don't think it starts with a B either.

How 'bout a C? Does it start with a C?
No, somethin's telling me it doesn't start with a C either.

How about a D? Does the kind of nozzle that has six letters in it start with a D?

Well?? Does it?

Does it have a C somewhere else in it?

How 'bout an H?

Can I buy a vowel?

Monster Zero
4/22/2010, 04:52 PM
Has anybody seen the front page? Way over the top pic of Tebow.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-04-21-tim-tebow_N.htm?csp=hf

Far be it from me to pass judgement on anybody else's heart, but just speaking for myself on my best day my righteousness is nothing but a dirty filthy rag before The Lord.

I betcha it sure be a long way down offa that high-horse. I don't think I want to see it when he lands.

meoveryouxinfinity
4/22/2010, 08:56 PM
Hosanna Heysanna

A Sooner in Texas
4/22/2010, 09:40 PM
That is one fark-ready photo.

hgarmorer
4/22/2010, 09:56 PM
great wording Gruden...no seriously I thought it was awesome!

Soonerinatex
4/23/2010, 12:20 AM
What kinda nozzle? Let's see, six letters...

Does it start with an A?
No, I don't think so.

Does it start with a B?
No, I don't think it starts with a B either.

How 'bout a C? Does it start with a C?
No, somethin's telling me it doesn't start with a C either.

How about a D? Does the kind of nozzle that has six letters in it start with a D?

Well?? Does it?

Does it have a C somewhere else in it?

How 'bout an H?

Can I buy a vowel?

'******' is the puzzle piece you are looking for: ****** Nozzle

baja okla
4/23/2010, 09:47 AM
Man, does that article go on forever or what.....barf

Oldnslo
4/23/2010, 10:23 AM
You can buy both an O and a U!

Ton Loc
4/23/2010, 12:53 PM
As his father says, "When he was little, we called him 'Shade Tree.' He didn't work his hoe; he leaned on it."

Heh...:D (maturity - not my strong suit)

Also - the article isn't that bad, but the picture takes it over the top.

Fraggle145
4/23/2010, 01:46 PM
http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2010/04/21/tebow2x-large.jpg

Fark me please.

Flagstaffsooner
4/24/2010, 03:39 AM
http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2010/04/21/tebow2x-large.jpg

Fark me please.
Urban hanging on the middle ctoss would be great.

BoulderSooner79
4/24/2010, 08:26 AM
Urban hanging on the middle ctoss would be great.

Josh McDaniels is likely to be hangin' on one of those shortly.