http://spty.tw/4JA

Collier11
4/22/2010, 03:39 AM
I think Sam and Suzy had a moment there

Collier11
4/22/2010, 03:40 AM
Another interview

I dont know about you guys but it makes me really proud as an OU alum that we could have 4 first rd picks this year...WOW!

Collier11
4/22/2010, 03:42 AM
Gerald Mccoy Dance on Jim Rome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv2P1vDM3OY

Collier11
4/22/2010, 03:43 AM
Gerald Mccoy Testimony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY5O_Czpmds&feature=related

Bradford Testimony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8zHQDr8htU&feature=related

Bradford wins the Heisman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcEjRvYiPrc

Collier11
4/22/2010, 03:45 AM
Bradford on Fox n Friends

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDsBmshtEU8&feature=related

Collier11
4/22/2010, 04:00 AM
My picks,

Sam #1 to the Rams

Mccoy #3 to the Bucs

Williams #6 to the Seahawks

Gresham #25 to the Ravens

Chuck Bao
4/22/2010, 04:07 AM
Reposting this here because I want to post in Collier's offical draft thread.

Dang, it must be really tough having to deal with those types of press questions. He seemed to handle it very well. It makes me proud that he is an Oklahoman and it gives me another reason to follow the team he eventually joins.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/If-rams-love-Sam-why-doesnt-Bradford-have-a-deal

How come Sam isn't a Ram already?
Alex Marvez is a Senior NFL Writer for FOXSports.com.

It's the NFL draft's $50 million question.

Why haven't the St. Louis Rams already told Sam Bradford that he will be the first player chosen Thursday night?

Mind you, I still think Bradford is ultimately heading to the Gateway City. Since the Rams pick first, they could inform Bradford of their intentions at any point before going on the clock. Or they could make Bradford sweat, which the University of Oklahoma quarterback admits is a worst-case scenario.

"I would like to know or have a good idea of where I'm going before tomorrow night gets here," Bradford said late Wednesday morning at an NFL community event in Central Park. "If I walk into that (green) room having no idea, my heart's going to be going nonstop until I hear my name."

Not that the Rams have done anything lately to make Bradford's heart flutter with joy. Bradford said St. Louis has given no indication about his draft standing.

"They've held their cards really close to the vest," he said.

If the Rams felt strongly enough about Bradford as a franchise quarterback, St. Louis already would have plopped its hand on the table. The Rams wouldn't be open to trade talks with another interested suitor like Cleveland even with all the holes that could be filled with extra picks by moving down in the draft. The Rams wouldn't still be singing the praises of defensive tackles Ndamukong Suh and Gerald McCoy as possible No. 1 selections. They wouldn't be talking up Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen during a Tuesday pre-draft news conference.

The Rams would have settled on Bradford at some point last week. They would have started contract negotiations with Bradford's agents to get him signed before the draft and eliminate any possibility of a ruinous JaMarcus Russell-like holdout. Bradford said that he was amenable to signing with the Rams early but the team "never presented a contract."

"If they haven't pulled the trigger, how could there be a contract?" Bradford said.

In general, is it worth the risk of drafting a QB? Yes, have to take the shot. No, one wrong move ruins team.

The Rams have won six games in three seasons, finishing progressively worse each year. They let two marquee signal-callers (Matt Ryan and Mark Sanchez) slip away in the past two drafts. St. Louis can't make the same mistake again -- unless they're not completely sold on Bradford and the massive price tag that could include $50 million in guaranteed cash for an unproven NFL commodity.

I asked Bradford why a team that desperately needs a franchise quarterback and has a chance to draft a highly-touted one like himself hadn't already done so. Bradford flashed a polite smile and said, "It's probably a little more complicated than that. Obviously, it's a big decision for their organization. They can wait as long as they want. They don't have to make a decision until tomorrow night. I think they're just weighing their options, making sure that they're 100 percent sure of what they want to do."

Bradford can do nothing more on his end to convince the Rams of his worth. Bradford did every pre-draft passing drill asked of him and proved his surgically repaired throwing shoulder was sound. He met extensively with Rams officials and coaches during private interviews. He got stronger, bulking his 6-foot-4 frame up to 236 pounds. Bradford can't do anything about missing last season and the "fragile" label placed upon him. But his outstanding 2008 campaign -- 50 touchdowns, eight interceptions, 4,720 yards, 67.9 completion percentage – was good enough to potentially make Bradford the No. 1 pick in last year's draft ahead of Matthew Stafford had he turned pro.

"It's definitely been a rollercoaster for me coming off the injury," Bradford said. "There are so many different emotions I've felt over the past couple months. When I decided to have the surgery, you're not nervous but you're anxious to see how your shoulder is going to come back. Sometimes it's a little stressful because when you don't throw a ball in so long, you're not sure how you're going to be able to throw. With only four or five weeks to get ready for my pro day, at times that wore on me mentally.

"But in the end, I realize I'm extremely fortunate. There are guys who would kill to be in this situation. I realize I'm blessed and have tried to have as much fun and go with the flow as much as I can the past couple of months."

The pre-draft ride ends Thursday night, here. A new journey then begins – whether in St. Louis or elsewhere.

"At the end of the day, I realize that's not my decision," Bradford said about wanting to become the draft's No. 1 pick. "I've done everything I can at this point. I've shown them the type of player and person I am. Now it's up to the organization."

Should it be the Rams, that organization sure has a funny way of showing Bradford it's genuinely excited to have him under center.

Chuck Bao
4/22/2010, 04:18 AM
By contrast, this one made me laugh a little. Yeah, I feel sorry for him with the excessive media coverage putting him in a difficult situation. He is still a talented kid and I hope the best for him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Tim-Tebow-won%27t-attend-NFL-Draft-042110

Tebow won't attend NFL Draft
Alex Marvez is a Senior NFL Writer for FOXSports.com.

The NFL draft will have less star power without Tim Tebow in attendance.

Tebow spurned repeated invitations from the NFL to attend Thursday night’s selection process at Radio City Music Hall. The storied University of Florida quarterback will instead watch the proceedings with loved ones in his hometown of Jacksonville, Fla.

“It was exciting to think about walking up (on stage), shaking the commissioner’s hand and holding up my jersey (of the team that drafted him),” Tebow told FOXSports.com on Wednesday. “That would have been the coolest thing. It made my decision that much harder.

“But I thought it was best to be home with my friends and family. It’s not just an award for me being drafted. It’s for all the people who invested in me during my life. I want to be able to celebrate with those people.”

Tebow estimates about 30 people will watch the draft with him from a family friend’s house. Tebow said he was forced to move the gathering from his parents’ home because of poor cell phone reception where they live.

Projections on where Tebow will be chosen range from the first to second round. But wherever he is selected, Tebow is content in knowing he gave his all trying to improve his draft stock from grueling workouts to revamping his throwing motion.

“There’s nothing else we could have done or prepared harder for,” said Tebow, who praised the support staff assembled by Memphis-based agent Jimmy Sexton. “No one spent more hours training or studying than me. I firmly believe that. I take a lot of pride in that. We haven’t left any stone unturned.

“The draft is going to be exciting for me. I’m going to enjoy the moment.”

Collier11
4/22/2010, 04:18 AM
:D Love ya Chuck

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 08:40 AM
I had posted a while back that this year could be a record for most trades in the 1st round...I honestly would not be surprised if the Rams trade this pick...Most likely no, but this team's whole structure is a mess right now and there is no telling what they will do..heck they may go Suh 1 and C. McCoy in the 2nd round like I've heard a few shoot around

soonerinabilene
4/22/2010, 09:15 AM
i find it hilarious that tebow cant get cell phone coverage in his own home. guess he isnt jesus after all.

soonerinabilene
4/22/2010, 09:18 AM
i thoink st louis is a tough situation. they really need a franchise qb, but they really need a lot more than just that also. it would be toughj for them to pass on a trade that includwed a first and swecond round pick, imo.

OULenexaman
4/22/2010, 09:57 AM
for the 1st hour of this draft they will be showing nothing but sooner highlight reels with a little nebbish stuff mixed in....greatest draft ever....

NormanPride
4/22/2010, 09:57 AM
I had posted a while back that this year could be a record for most trades in the 1st round...I honestly would not be surprised if the Rams trade this pick...Most likely no, but this team's whole structure is a mess right now and there is no telling what they will do..heck they may go Suh 1 and C. McCoy in the 2nd round like I've heard a few shoot around

I've thought the Rams were trying to trade their pick for a long time now. They don't need any one player, they need to revamp their team. A top pick cripples them more than it helps, and they probably want to keep away from it. That's why they're not signing Bradford or anyone. If they really wanted the pick they'd have signed SOMEONE by now just to get it over with. Instead, they're keeping their options open hoping that someone will trade up with the chance to draft Bradford, Suh, or McCoy.

The problem they're facing is that trading to the first pick is pointless if you don't want Bradford. Even if the Rams picked Suh or GK a team could trade to #2 and get the other one. At this point they're fairly interchangeable. And there's enough confusion about the QBs in this draft that a team could justify trading for a lower pick and going after Clausen or Colt.

So ultimately I think the Rams are stuck with their pick unless Cleveland really wants Bradford. In which case, it's anyone's guess as to who they take...

rawlingsHOH
4/22/2010, 10:12 AM

Impossible to forecast exactly where he'd go, so way too risky, if they are considering McCoy is their franchise QB.

If they are only lukewarm on McCoy, and "if he's there, great", I'd be fine with that plan.

SCxxSOONER
4/22/2010, 10:22 AM
I know this is selfish but wouldnt it be kind of cool to see Gresham slip to the 2nd rd and play with Bradford? wow that would be a good start to turning around their offense

Collier11
4/22/2010, 11:02 AM
Interview with Trent

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/04/22/qa-with-oklahoma-ot-trent-williams

Collier11
4/22/2010, 11:17 AM
Bradford interviews Suh

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/nfl/19253334;_ylt=Aqi0QPsgcyw5q8_D6ohJWvA5nYcB

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 11:20 AM
Agent: Redskins, Browns interested in acquiring Sam Bradford from Rams

The agent for potential No. 1 pick Sam Bradford said Thursday morning there's potential for the St. Louis Rams to draft the Oklahoma quarterback and then trade his rights in the draft tonight.
Agent Tom Condon, who said he has yet to have contract negotiations with the Rams, said he thinks the Washington Redskins (who hold the fourth pick) and the Cleveland Browns (seventh pick) could make a play for Bradford.
"We expect there to be interest," Condon said on ESPN's SportsCenter. "Whether or not that comes to fruition, we'll find out tonight."
Condon said reports that he was seeking $50 million in guaranteed money for Bradford were "inaccurate." He also dismissed a suggestion that he did not want Bradford to play in St. Louis, which has won just six games in the past three seasons combined.
Condon said he thinks Washington, which acquired Pro Bowler Donovan McNabb earlier this month, wanted to have a veteran QB in place to tutor a young player like Bradford.
But he said if the Rams draft and keep Bradford, he anticipates being able to reach agreement on a contract at some point. -- Sean Leahy
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/04/agent-washington-redskins-cleveland-browns-interested-in-acquiring-sam-bradford-from-rams/1

OH HELL NO! :mad:

Collier11
4/22/2010, 11:21 AM
Id rather him go to Wash then STL, he will get killed in STL and they are gonna be bad for a few more yrs.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 11:26 AM
Most people will tell you he needs to sit a year anyway.Washington has LT needs and that doesn't bode well for a NFL QB either.

I had told a friend that after Holmgren said they weren't gonna be in on Bradford because they couldn't afford him, that meant that they was gonna see if they could make a move to get him..

Collier11
4/22/2010, 11:29 AM
True STEP but I trust Shanahan to turn him into a superstar over the Rams and Browns coaches

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 11:31 AM
alright...tell me the great superstar qb's shanahan developed

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 11:33 AM
Brian Griese.

*runs away*

OULenexaman
4/22/2010, 11:34 AM
he had one started and then Lovie Smith got a hold of him....

badger
4/22/2010, 11:37 AM
Wherever Sammie goes he'll be successful. hell, he'd even turn the Raiders around (and you know how much Al Davis loves QB's who throw deep balls constantly)

...unless he goes to the Vikings or Bears. Those two are absolute no-nos.

Collier11
4/22/2010, 11:40 AM
alright...tell me the great superstar qb's shanahan developed

im talking more about his system and the ability to be a winner as opposed to Cleveland or STlouey

Collier11
4/22/2010, 11:42 AM
NFL vets likely to be traded during the draft

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ross_tucker/04/21/veterans.trade/index.html

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 11:48 AM
Wherever Sammie goes he'll be successful. hell, he'd even turn the Raiders around (and you know how much Al Davis loves QB's who throw deep balls constantly)

...unless he goes to the Vikings or Bears. Those two are absolute no-nos.
As long as Al Davis is the owner there will not be a winning Raiders team.
Why don't you like him going to the Vikes? Other than the obvious fact that he would be playing the Packers?:D

badger
4/22/2010, 11:51 AM
As long as Al Davis is the owner there will not be a winning Raiders team.
Why don't you like him going to the Vikes? Other than the obvious fact that he would be playing the Packers?:D

I know some Sooners would crimson and cream themselves at the thought of Sam and All Day playing together, but my eyes would be filled with tears of unfathomable sadness at the prospect of having stadium filled with purple jerseys this fall.

btk108
4/22/2010, 11:59 AM
6 1/2 hours n countin...

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 12:08 PM
I know some Sooners would crimson and cream themselves at the thought of Sam and All Day playing together, but my eyes would be filled with tears of unfathomable sadness at the prospect of having stadium filled with purple jerseys this fall.
Come on, yer just afeared that Same/Adrian would smoke the Pack like Cheech&Chong. :D

Collier11
4/22/2010, 12:55 PM
They did last yr :D

Collier11
4/22/2010, 12:56 PM
Bradford on the Red Carpet

http://spty.tw/4Ko

TXBOOMER
4/22/2010, 01:02 PM
Another interview

I dont know about you guys but it makes me really proud as an OU alum that we could have 4 first rd picks this year...WOW!

It should be great for recruiting. It is bitter sweet considering the injuries last year. I wish they could have went out with a texass victory and at least a Big 12 Title.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 01:07 PM
from the rumors I'm hearing on Gresham, Im wondering if a team is going to use a 1st round pick on him....I've talked about with jlew on the side but the rumors I hear from guys who were at the combine was that JG has some degenerative knee issues and at the max, NFLers think he'll have a 4 year career if that long...

thats just rumor mill, no links, so take it for however you want

JLEW1818
4/22/2010, 01:09 PM
good thread title. i approve

yankee
4/22/2010, 01:10 PM
ok, so does roger goodell come on stage at roughly 6:30, or is it just the official ESPN coverage (even though it's been covered non-stop lately) that starts at 6:30? i'm trying to plan, because i'm going home tonight but i need to see sam get picked first. :D

Collier11
4/22/2010, 01:20 PM
He will come on stage and announce the start of the draft right around 630

Collier11
4/22/2010, 01:21 PM
from the rumors I'm hearing on Gresham, Im wondering if a team is going to use a 1st round pick on him....I've talked about with jlew on the side but the rumors I hear from guys who were at the combine was that JG has some degenerative knee issues and at the max, NFLers think he'll have a 4 year career if that long...

thats just rumor mill, no links, so take it for however you want

well take it for what it is but Big Hair Kiper said just the other day that Gresham is a 1st rd lock

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 01:23 PM
well then it must be so!

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 01:25 PM
5hrs 6 minutes away now.

Collier11
4/22/2010, 01:29 PM
well then it must be so!

:D

any trade rumors floating around?

yankee
4/22/2010, 01:29 PM
He will come on stage and announce the start of the draft right around 630

gracias.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 01:34 PM
:D

any trade rumors floating around?

probably the biggest one that floated out today so far that probably isn't gonna happen is the Big Ben to Oakland stir...And it wasn't just rumor, From what I hear, ESPN was close to reporting it until finding out it wasn't a done deal

Collier11
4/22/2010, 01:36 PM
I have been hearing that The Steelers really want to trade him, itll be crazy if he does. People will be flipping out on both sides

Anything picking up on Bradford yet?

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 01:36 PM
Part Dolphin owner JLO wants Miami to take Dan Williams with their first pick....I guess she has been studying up on her football

Collier11
4/22/2010, 01:37 PM
oh geez

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 01:39 PM
I have been hearing that The Steelers really want to trade him, itll be crazy if he does. People will be flipping out on both sides

Anything picking up on Bradford yet?

Just text a scout up in the northeast to see what he is hearing and its Redskins trying to put together a package deal to the rams involving Jason Campbell and their early pick for Sam..

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 01:39 PM
probably the biggest one that floated out today so far that probably isn't gonna happen is the Big Ben to Oakland stir...And it wasn't just rumor, From what I hear, ESPN was close to reporting it until finding out it wasn't a done deal

Any potential names being thrown around? Not McFarland I hope???
That fat **** can stay in the bay area.

Collier11
4/22/2010, 01:40 PM
Campbell is by no means a franchise QB but if you can get a starter and other early 1st rd help, that might be a good deal for Stl

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 01:40 PM
and also trying to see if they can offer campbell, another player and a later pick for 1st pick...

small buzz about a pick and trade also with them

Collier11
4/22/2010, 01:43 PM
Mccoy #3?

Tell me that this buzz im hearing about Tebow going late 1st rd is just some retardedness floating the innerwebs?

BudSooner
Jason Campbell?

stoops the eternal pimp
Any potential names being thrown around? Not McFarland I hope???
That fat **** can stay in the bay area.

just the oakland pick and a marginal player...I'll find out who it was...

And a former blesto scout just said they are still talking

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 01:44 PM
Jason Campbell?

yes

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 01:45 PM
Mccoy #3?

Tell me that this buzz im hearing about Tebow going late 1st rd is just some retardedness floating the innerwebs?

I've never seen a single guy all over the draft boards like him....

I've heard 24th, I've heard 90-110 and I've heard 200's....so many varied opinions on the guy...

btk108
4/22/2010, 01:45 PM
Step and Jlew getting together in the shadows.....now that's scary:eek:

Collier11
4/22/2010, 01:51 PM
I love STEP

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 01:52 PM
I love STEP
You have decided to come out of the closet? :D

btk108
4/22/2010, 01:53 PM
I love STEP

are you already drinking or still drunk from last night? *L*

Collier11
4/22/2010, 01:53 PM
STEP and I have never been in the closet, mostly in the truckstop bathroom

btk108
4/22/2010, 01:55 PM
are you also known as "Seabass"?

Collier11
4/22/2010, 01:55 PM
nah, he is Tiffany and im Rosco

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 01:56 PM
we prefer the Love's truck stops because of the romantic name

Collier11
Threads are never great until there is some gheyness thrown in :D

btk108
*LMAO* @ Tiffany

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 02:15 PM
ANYWAY, back to the draft......The Raiders have sent McFarland to the Rams for the #1 pick, per NFL.com.

NOT! :D

Collier11
4/22/2010, 02:20 PM
no one would believe that lump of sh*t was worth a #1 pick again :D

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 02:21 PM
Can somebody tell me how he got the name McFarland?

Collier11
4/22/2010, 02:23 PM
I didnt even think about it, lol. Yea, WTF

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 02:29 PM
I think maybe bud is confused?

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 02:29 PM
jamarcus russell - jamarkus mcfarland

badger
4/22/2010, 02:35 PM
Mccoy #3?

And with the annual uberly overrated pick of the first round, the Oakland Raiders select...

(you know it'll happen. you just know)

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 03:01 PM
jamarcus russell - jamarkus mcfarland
****, I ****ed up my own lame *** joke.

Shoot me please. :D

badger
4/22/2010, 03:04 PM
****, I ****ed up my own lame *** joke.

Shoot me please. :D

:les:PISTOLS FIRING![hairGel]

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 03:10 PM
:les:PISTOLS FIRING![hairGel]
:mack:

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 03:17 PM
Raiders should take OL(maybe trent williams) with that first pick...

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 03:23 PM
Im hearing the Texans are liking a player I hyped up a while back, Ryan Matthews, from Fresno at the HB spot..if you remember the boise-Fresno game from this last season, he was the RB who went yard a few times and ended up with a big game...

plus they say no earl thomas if he is still there

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 03:25 PM
I think any Big Ben trade rumors can now be officially put to rest...just not gonna happen

btk108
4/22/2010, 03:27 PM
Do you think the ESPN women's commentators rushed to get Carli's views on this?

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 03:28 PM
at least 4 teams with middle first round picks looking to move down..

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 03:29 PM

not likely :)

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 03:29 PM
I think any Big Ben trade rumors can now be officially put to rest...just not gonna happen
They can still trade after the pick is made though. Unlikely but it can happen.

Scott D
4/22/2010, 03:32 PM
just the oakland pick and a marginal player...I'll find out who it was...

And a former blesto scout just said they are still talking

well the Raiders DID sign Kyle Boller last week :pop:

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 03:32 PM
Yes they can, but no they won't :)

badger
4/22/2010, 03:33 PM

Those ESPN arseholes wouldn't shaddap about Big Ben during OU womens basketball's tourney run. They followed this script:

B1tch1: Carlee Roethllisberger...

B1tch2: In case you're wondering, yes, she is related to Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who has been accused or rape and a lot of other random sh!t that we will now list off for you.

(meanwhile, there's a basketball game going on that they are ignoring

B1tch1: Roethlisberger has preferred to not speak about her brother's situation, so of course we are going to take this opportunity to do it instead of her. She says that she ignores the media and that says that if anything important happens, she knows she'll hear from her parents or brother about it directly.

(meanwhile, OU is on a magical Final Four run that these b1tch commentators are ignoring)

B1tch2: Ben Roethlisberger led the Steelers to a Super Bowl victory at age 24. The Super Bowl, the Steelers, the NFL, football football football

(meanwhile a BASKETBALL game is going on)

b1tch1 and 2 : FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL!

btk108
4/22/2010, 03:34 PM
well...they screwed up some good basketball talking about it every time she stepped on the court. Figured they'd just want some crap that has nothing to do with the subject at hand. Wait, sounds like the threads around here:D

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 03:35 PM
Kyle Boller had one of the most impressive qb workouts I've ever seen..

badger
4/22/2010, 03:37 PM
well...they screwed up some good basketball talking about it every time she stepped on the court. Figured they'd just want some crap that has nothing to do with the subject at hand. Wait, sounds like the threads around here:D

I like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

(and gold)

GO PACK GO! :D

btk108
4/22/2010, 03:39 PM
Everybody's an expert

Draft mistakes to be avoided

Teams make mistakes on draft day that can set an organization back for years. The Rams are up first, and have a chance to make a major miscue by going after Sam Bradford, reviving memories of another unfortunate decision.

One general manager told me, "Bradford is Alex Smith (pictured). If he goes to St. Louis, with that offense and lack of leadership, it's going to be rough".

Good thing I'm here to help. It's our annual message to teams, begging them not to blow it during the draft, SCHEIN 9 style.

-- Adam Schein

btk108
4/22/2010, 03:41 PM
Same guy here:

No tight end should be picked in the first round

It's not a strong year for first round receivers and tight ends. I like tight end Jermaine Gresham, but injuries are a concern. And if you are a team in the tight end business like the Ravens or Bengals, you can get a player with a higher grade by going with a receiver or addressing needs in the defensive backfield.

btk108
4/22/2010, 03:42 PM
and again:

The Rams should pick Ndamukong Suh and Colt McCoy

They are the Rams. Thus, they'll go with conventional wisdom and select Sam Bradford, sell a few seats, pick a QB who is coming off of shoulder surgery and played in the spread offense and out of the shotgun. Jon Gruden smartly pointed out how Bradford doesn't understand how to avoid hits and getting injured. And when I talked to Bradford on the Sirius Blitz, he didn't exactly sound thrilled about serving as target practice.

Suh, meanwhile, is the best overall player in the draft. He is a dominant, game-changing defensive tackle who will elevate the play of the plethora of underachievers on the Rams defense.

And with pick 33, the Rams should pluck McCoy, who has the accuracy, swagger, and leadership to shut the critics up who say he is too small at 6-foot-1.

But alas, Suh will likely go to the Lions and be an instant impact player in Jim Schwartz's defense. And McCoy will go to the Browns or Broncos and start in 2011.

Scott D
4/22/2010, 03:59 PM
the Rams picking Suh and Colt bandwagon has been picking up a lot of steam in the last 48 hours.

GottaHavePride
4/22/2010, 04:03 PM
the Rams picking Suh and Colt bandwagon has been picking up a lot of steam in the last 48 hours.

They're assuming Colt will still be around when their next pick comes up...

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 04:04 PM
somebody else has been talking about that for a while...

I think either way is a crap shoot for that franchise....

badger
4/22/2010, 04:04 PM
So basically, what we have here is a situation similar to the Red/White game.

Teams should not take quarterbacks, because they play the same position as Ryan Leaf and demand a lot of money. Tight Ends WR's and others that touch the ball on offense are divas. Running backs only have a few years before they're considered slow, old and injury prone. Lineman on either defense or offense? Borrrrrring! Defense hasn't won a championship since the Ravens made it famous, so you can't draft there.

Thus, your NFL teams and our fans after the NFL Draft and after the Red/White game will be saying:

http://i39.tinypic.com/245ftl5.jpg

;)

rawlingsHOH
4/22/2010, 04:11 PM
I've never seen a single guy all over the draft boards like him....

I've heard 24th, I've heard 90-110 and I've heard 200's....so many varied opinions on the guy...

well you can throw out the "200's" opinion, because all it takes is for one team to like him. and you know one will.

rawlingsHOH
4/22/2010, 04:14 PM
and again:

The Rams should pick Ndamukong Suh and Colt McCoy

They are the Rams. Thus, they'll go with conventional wisdom and select Sam Bradford, sell a few seats, pick a QB who is coming off of shoulder surgery and played in the spread offense and out of the shotgun. Jon Gruden smartly pointed out how Bradford doesn't understand how to avoid hits and getting injured. And when I talked to Bradford on the Sirius Blitz, he didn't exactly sound thrilled about serving as target practice.

Suh, meanwhile, is the best overall player in the draft. He is a dominant, game-changing defensive tackle who will elevate the play of the plethora of underachievers on the Rams defense.

And with pick 33, the Rams should pluck McCoy, who has the accuracy, swagger, and leadership to shut the critics up who say he is too small at 6-foot-1.

But alas, Suh will likely go to the Lions and be an instant impact player in Jim Schwartz's defense. And McCoy will go to the Browns or Broncos and start in 2011.

Whoops, at pick 32 someone trades up a steals McCoy. As the Rams obviously and blatantly were waiting for him to fall to them.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 04:25 PM
yeah but losing him to someone else isn't that big of a deal..if that happens, they pick up a free agent off season qb (Pennington, possibly jason campbell) and they get a chance at a quarterback next season in a class that is much deeper than this one

rawlingsHOH
4/22/2010, 04:29 PM
Right, but that means they likely don't consider him a franchise QB then. Because if he's out there and you need one, that is who you go get.

Collier11
4/22/2010, 04:32 PM
Kyle Boller had one of the most impressive qb workouts I've ever seen..

I couldve told any NFL person that Boller would suck in the NFL if they woulda asked. The guy completed like 53% of his passes in college

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 04:32 PM
Ya think Minnesota might take Tebow?

swardboy
4/22/2010, 04:45 PM
I'm afraid Chilly might envision himself as this great QB guru who would take on a Tebow challenge....look how well it's worked with TJ....

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 04:53 PM
Tebow-Minnesota....NO! SF....NO! N.E? to put it mildly...HELL YEAH!

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 04:54 PM
Billy Bellychick didn't hide his manlove for Timmah, almost fellating him.

disgusting.

badger
4/22/2010, 05:21 PM
With the meaningless pick in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select to end their franchise's short-lived being by selecting... Tim Tebow, quarterback, University of Fail.

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 05:31 PM
With the meaningless pick in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select to end their franchise's short-lived being by selecting... Tim Tebow, quarterback, University of Fail.
Not if New England has any say so.:)

badger
4/22/2010, 05:39 PM
Not if New England has any say so.:)

If the cheaters think it's becoming difficult to win now that they can't cheat, imagine how difficult it'll be with that clown under center :D

Collier11
4/22/2010, 05:40 PM
Oh my, here comes the cheaters talk again. The only diff between the Pats and every other team in the league is that the Pats were dumb enough/lazy enough to get caught

JLEW1818
4/22/2010, 06:12 PM
here we go!!!! so ready

JLEW1818
4/22/2010, 06:15 PM
Sam is such a ****ing badass

sooner ngintunr
4/22/2010, 06:16 PM
wuts up with the boos?

Collier11
4/22/2010, 06:17 PM
NY fans really are dooshers, no reason to boo a bunch of 20-22 yr olds

Collier11
4/22/2010, 06:19 PM
It was nice hearing the announcer say, "The University of Okahoma" so many times

sooner ngintunr
4/22/2010, 06:19 PM
I dont get it, it sounded like they were booing Sam (my wife even said "is he getting booed?)

But they were cheering for Gerald McCoy?

Well, I see alot of Jets fans so that sums it up.

JLEW1818
4/22/2010, 06:20 PM
first beer open

sooner ngintunr
Big night for the Great State of Oklahoma. Lets hope the Thunder can do something good.

Collier11
It seems like they always boo the #1 pick for some reason

sooner ngintunr
4/22/2010, 06:21 PM
2nd whiskey drink made.

Collier11
4/22/2010, 06:23 PM
eating dinner and then pouring the 1st drink

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 06:27 PM
ITS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JLEW1818
Browns making a hard push

Collier11
I think Cleveland is better off than STL right now, maybe the Browns can make the move

sooner518
4/22/2010, 06:28 PM
please dont let the Browns trade up........... come on Sam!

sooner ngintunr
4/22/2010, 06:29 PM
I think there will be a big trade in the top 10. not the top 3 though.

JLEW1818
4/22/2010, 06:29 PM
well at least the rams have S. Jackson

Collier11
4/22/2010, 06:30 PM
Cleveland has a pretty good rb also

JLEW1818
4/22/2010, 06:31 PM
yah, i was just thinking that. what is his name?

he picked it up hardcore, midseason

Collier11
4/22/2010, 06:32 PM
Here we go....

Collier11
Jerome Harrison I think

stoops the eternal pimp
Gruden made a great point on how Sam isn't ready to start right away

JLEW1818
4/22/2010, 06:33 PM
i thought Mormon said that?

Collier11
4/22/2010, 06:33 PM
not many college qbs are ready right out of college, generic statement

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 06:35 PM
Right.. But for some reason people around here talk like he'll be ready to go right away

spatton713
4/22/2010, 06:36 PM
on the iphone

JLEW1818
there it is !! Sam on the phone!

Collier11
He might be forced to but anyone that thinks he will have a Matt Ryan type rookie year, they are crazy. The Rams are bad

BudSooner
SAM THE RAM!

delhalew
4/22/2010, 06:37 PM
Lets have a good Sooner top ten.

JLEW1818
Kiper hates all espn people

JLEW1818
lol Iron Sam

TMcGee86
WAY TO GO SAMMY B!!!!!

sooner59
Here it comes!

Collier11
4/22/2010, 06:38 PM
SAM!!!!

JLEW1818
4/22/2010, 06:38 PM
love you Sam, thanks for everything!!!!!!!!

hgarmorer
4/22/2010, 06:39 PM
HELL YEAH!!!! Good Sam and good luck...You're going to need it

delhalew
4/22/2010, 06:39 PM
Wow I have a pretty serious delay with cable from when I had Dish. Weird.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 06:40 PM
Get your paper Sam

sooner ngintunr
4/22/2010, 06:40 PM
his stats are soo sick.

spatton713
4/22/2010, 06:41 PM
jlew made the best point... i havnt heard anyone on espn say a word about the rams having a top 3 back in the nfl...not saying its not gonna be tough with that team but damn a top notch rb

hgarmorer
suck it Kiper

spatton713
ha right as i sent Gruden said somethin

JLEW1818
from what i hear, the Rams oline, aint horrible.

yankee
4/22/2010, 06:42 PM
steve young has been drinkin that haterade. prove his *** wrong sammy.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 06:43 PM
They took Jason smith from Baylor last year who was injured a lot this last season but could be good..

JLEW1818
4/22/2010, 06:43 PM
where can i find the Rams Oline/sack stats?

sooner ngintunr
4/22/2010, 06:44 PM
GK is still on the OU roster. LOL. That would be nice.

MyT Oklahoma
Sammy.. Sammy.. Sammy. Congratulations Sam and best wishes in the years to come. Thanks for the memories.

JLEW1818
2 picks, 2 big 12

JLEW1818
4/22/2010, 06:45 PM
is Suh gonna go both ways?

spatton713
haha badasss big 12 top 3!!!

hgarmorer
could be 3 picks, 3 big 12

Collier11
4/22/2010, 06:46 PM
Here comes Gerald hopefully

sooner59
4/22/2010, 06:47 PM
GK on the phone!

JLEW1818
Gerald on phone

spatton713
these phonecalls give it away

JLEW1818
4/22/2010, 06:48 PM
yah i wish they wouldn't do that

JLEW1818
4/22/2010, 06:49 PM
STEP, what round K. Clayton gonna be in?

Spray
So we are now to the point where ESPN will steal the thunder of the commish and take all the fun out of this. When you see 'em on the phone the pick is made. Thanks, ESPN! You could f*** up a wet dream.

ESPN- sucking the fun out of life since 1979!

spatton713
how did peterson fall to #7 ahha that still blows me away

Spray
4/22/2010, 06:50 PM
"OOOO! On the phone. What could it meeeeannn? Maybe a trade?"

JLEW1818
4/22/2010, 06:50 PM
how did peterson fall to #7 ahha that still blows me away

yep, i made a thread on that last year. lol

spatton713
4/22/2010, 06:51 PM
STEP, what round K. Clayton gonna be in?

i dont think he will get drafted but hopefully picked up in FA

the_ouskull
I haven't read this thread. If this has already been posted, I apologize.

"Man, f*ck Steve Young!"

the_ouskull

JLEW1818
GK crying for his mom .... :(

spatton713
2 OU players in top 3 haha kickass

sooner59
4/22/2010, 06:52 PM
Poor GK, prolly wishes his mom was there... :(

the_ouskull
4/22/2010, 06:52 PM
is Suh gonna go both ways?

Like Dez Bryant's mom? OH!

the_ouskull

Collier11
4/22/2010, 06:53 PM
Atta boy Gerald

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 06:53 PM
GK a Buc, **** yeah!!!!

JLEW1818
4/22/2010, 06:54 PM
Big 8 football baby!

spatton713
4/22/2010, 06:55 PM
haha Okung #4? 4 in a row big 12?

Collier11
Trent maybe, or Okung

JLEW1818
or Trent!

txsooner14
guy on NFL network said Williams....3 out of 4???

HBick
GK a Buc, **** yeah!!!!

You know congrats to Bradford but the best story coming out of Norman tonight has to be GK going to the bucs, after everything he overcame, I wish him nothing but the best.

spatton713
4/22/2010, 06:56 PM
i hope trent but IDK

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 06:57 PM
Trent a Redskin? Oh hell no!

spatton713
4/22/2010, 06:57 PM
im still pissed at trent for the blown assignment against BYU

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 06:58 PM
**** the Skins.

spatton713
hahaha big 12 on a roll

Collier11
TRENT!!

JLEW1818
TRENT WILLIAMS!!!!

sooner59
4/22/2010, 06:59 PM
My g/f just started laughing and when I asked her why, she said she just thought how creepy Mel Kiper would look with a mustache.

TRENT #4!!!!!!!!!!!

1890MilesToNorman
Wow, 3 outta the top 4!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
Clayton could be a 7th but not likely...

Btw average team gave up 32 sacks last year.. Rams gave up 45

spatton713
no ****in way!!!!!!!!!

txsooner14
Hate the Redskins but with 3 of 4 is sweeeeeetttt....Boomer Freakin Sooner!!

hgarmorer
HAHA the Big 12 runs continues !!!

sooner59
4/22/2010, 07:00 PM
Is that some sort of a record? #1, #3, and #4 all from one school.

Collier11
4/22/2010, 07:00 PM
wtf is Steve young bitching about, STFU dude

txsooner14
4/22/2010, 07:01 PM
love how our guys are bear huggin Goodell

JLEW1818
Steve Young is going to hell, no seriously

;)

txsooner14
wtf is Steve young bitching about, STFU dude

ESPN is gay that's why I'm watchin on NFL network

Collier11
Mccoy hugging Goodell was awesome, most guys give the BS handshake

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 07:02 PM
Steve, suck it concussion boy.

Spray
4/22/2010, 07:03 PM
I love Steve Young. But he is bringing way too much reality to a fun 30 minutes. Start the analysis tomorrow for goodness sakes! :)

JLEW1818
4/22/2010, 07:03 PM
what colliers KC boys **** it up

Spray
4/22/2010, 07:05 PM
BTW, is Whitlock gonna write a column now how Stoops should be on the hot seat for not winning a title with all this talent. Oh, and that he's a racist (gotta have the Whitlock staple).

spatton713
well damn lol no big 12

JLEW1818
well Berry to KC

Collier11
4/22/2010, 07:06 PM
Berry is who I want, im thrilled with the pick

spatton713
4/22/2010, 07:06 PM
i think earl is just as good

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 07:07 PM
im still pissed at trent for the blown assignment against BYU

Wasn't trents fault

sooner59
4/22/2010, 07:08 PM
What was up with Goodell calling Trent......Trent "Silverback" Williams? lol. Like a gorilla? Is that his nickname or does Goodell just like him?

Collier11
just watch the film, Trent was trying to cover for other ppls F ups

Collier11
What was up with Goodell calling Trent......Trent "Silverback" Williams? lol. Like a gorilla? Is that his nickname or does Goodell just like him?

Trent said it was an inside joke between them

spatton713
4/22/2010, 07:09 PM
Wasn't trents fault

whos fault then? last i remember he went to block outside blitzer then saw inside coming and tried to get him but missed him and ended up blocking no one?

JLEW1818
i wonder where Spiller will go to

Spray
Back to the Big XII? Okung?

Collier11
4/22/2010, 07:10 PM
Seahawks maybe

Collier11
4/22/2010, 07:10 PM
Gresh then the Thunder, what a good night

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 07:11 PM
Okung to the Hawks.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/22/2010, 07:12 PM
whos fault then? last i remember he went to block outside blitzer then saw inside coming and tried to get him but missed him and ended up blocking no one?

Fullback missed it like several other times.. Williams had a man

spatton713
4/22/2010, 07:13 PM
Gresh then the Thunder, what a good night

lake show gonna clown lol

sooner59
4/22/2010, 07:14 PM
5 out of 6 from the Big 12 and 4 of 6 from the the state of Oklahoma

Soonerwake
4/22/2010, 07:15 PM
We play some football in Oklahoma....

Collier11
4/22/2010, 07:17 PM
but the SEC

spatton713

we never had a fullback in in shotgun lol? Chris breeezy mayby

BudSooner
****! I just lost signal. :mad:

JLEW1818
5 out of 6 from the Big 12 and 4 of 6 from the the state of Oklahoma

amazing

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 07:18 PM
Keep me informed guys, nfl website sucks.

JLEW1818
4/22/2010, 07:19 PM
www.atdhe.net

try that

olevetonahill
4/22/2010, 07:19 PM
I missed the 1st 4
Seems like someone said this started at 7:30 :mad:

Soonerwake
4/22/2010, 07:20 PM
But, but, its a spread offense... Sam played in a spread offense... Bite it Steve Young!!!!!

spatton713

hahaha i just youtubed it... brown makes perfect block..watch for yourself i dunno wtf your talkin about hahahaha williams misses guy loopback behind and gets beat........50 seconds in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPMaEMvtO-Y&feature=related

JLEW1818
I missed the 1st 4

EASTERN, YES:confused: :D

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 07:21 PM
www.atdhe.net (http://www.atdhe.net)

try that
Eh, crap..my dsl sucks and it's breaking up. Thanks for the link.

Collier11
4/22/2010, 07:22 PM
I missed the 1st 4

730 eastern old azz

hahaha i just youtubed it... brown makes perfect block..watch for yourself i dunno wtf your talkin about hahahaha williams misses guy loopback behind and gets beat........50 seconds in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPMaEMvtO-Y&feature=related

dont be a doosher, its not becoming of someone who is wrong. Trent blocked his guy correctly

HBick
4/22/2010, 07:22 PM
Haden really?

JLEW1818
4/22/2010, 07:23 PM
Kindle, Thomas, Gresham, Dez, Weatherspoon. all should go tonight, big 12

JLEW1818
4/22/2010, 07:24 PM
sec, argh

spatton713
730 eastern old azz

dont be a doosher

im not just sayin not what i see?

Collier11
and you are wrong, watch again. The blitzed two guys at his side and he picked up the correct guy and then had to peel off and try to get the LB

JLEW1818
has Graham Harrell been taken yet?

Collier11
4/22/2010, 07:26 PM
by the okc yard dawgs

Here comes the Raiders selecting Tim Tebow

spatton713
and you are wrong, watch again

ok can you explain to me what you see?

you need to pick up inside blitzers first
brown gets first and the zone blitzing backer stunts inside past williams friendly shove

JLEW1818
here comes another horrible Raider pick

STEP is prlly peeing in his pants right now