PDA

View Full Version : I'm Sorry But how is any of this the Gov.s Fault ?

olevetonahill
4/22/2010, 01:49 AM
Why in the Holy **** should ANY Taxpayers have to bail em out
SFP peeps I was In Business in the Early 80s
It went to hell I lost my azz !
Wish I knew i could have cried and the Taxpayers would have Bailed me out !
Dayum Asholes !
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100422/wl_afp/icelandvolcanoaviation_20100422024940

sooner59
4/22/2010, 02:19 AM
They need to tell em to **** off, dip****!

Collier11
4/22/2010, 03:52 AM
See, you bail out a certain group of f**k up billionaires and the rest will follow with their hands out

Leroy Lizard
4/22/2010, 04:01 AM
Billionaires are like everyone else.

soonerloyal
4/22/2010, 07:26 AM
Billionaires are like everyone else.

Except for that whole having billions part. :P

Bourbon St Sooner
4/22/2010, 09:42 AM
Like pigs to the trough. The problem with bailouts is when they actually work.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/22/2010, 10:25 AM
Like pigs to the trough. The problem with bailouts is when they actually work.If they ever do work, or sort-of, partially work, it gives the govt. an excuse to do them again. BAD IDEA, since it perpetuates the conditions which caused the business to fail in the first place...but, Shirley you secretly knew that, didn't you?

Crucifax Autumn
4/22/2010, 01:24 PM
So I take it you support the current legislation that outlaws bailouts?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/22/2010, 02:59 PM
So I take it you support the current legislation that outlaws bailouts?In the case of a natural disaster, such as the Euro volcano, bailouts or tax breaks could be justified, but fairness would be difficult to assess, since a business should be required to show how it was damaged, in order to get the bailout or tax break, huh?

ndpruitt03
4/22/2010, 03:10 PM
If the government just let these rich guys go bankrupt and fail maybe the next group of billionaires will play smart so they won't go bankrupt like the last guys did. That's why I think throwing money and bailing these guys out is stupid. It's rewarding bad behavior.

Crucifax Autumn
4/22/2010, 03:22 PM
So I'll ask you the same thing I asked RLIMC...

Does that mean you are in favor of the current Democratic legislation the Republicans have been fighting that outlaws bailouts?

Bourbon St Sooner
4/22/2010, 03:49 PM
So I take it you support the current legislation that outlaws bailouts?

My understanding of the current legislation is that it creates a permanent bailout fund. How is that outlawing bailouts? It may be all well and good to save the banks, but in the meantime 10 million people lost their jobs and the risk taking on Wall Street continues. Address the behavior.

ndpruitt03
4/22/2010, 04:03 PM
My understanding of the current legislation is that it creates a permanent bailout fund. How is that outlawing bailouts? It may be all well and good to save the banks, but in the meantime 10 million people lost their jobs and the risk taking on Wall Street continues. Address the behavior.

Exactly these laws are to make bailouts permanent even though the democratic rhetoric is the exact opposite.

SoonerInKCMO
4/22/2010, 05:22 PM
Exactly these laws are to make bailouts permanent even though the democratic rhetoric is the exact opposite.

I'm no lawyer or a person versed in legalese, but the bill itself (http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/h4173eh_0.pdf) appears to be in line with the Democratic rhetoric. It's a dissolution fund - paid into by large banking entities - used to assist in bankruptcy proceedings. Read from page 325 in the bill above.

As an aside... can we do something about the wide margins, double-spacing and big font of this bills? :mad:

SoonerInKCMO
4/22/2010, 05:24 PM
In the case of a natural disaster, such as the Euro volcano, bailouts or tax breaks could be justified,

Agreed; I don't see this situation as being fundamentally different from individuals that are affected by natural disasters being assisted by FEMA or its equivalent in other countries.

GottaHavePride
4/22/2010, 05:33 PM
I'm no lawyer or a person versed in legalese, but the bill itself (http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/h4173eh_0.pdf) appears to be in line with the Democratic rhetoric. It's a dissolution fund - paid into by large banking entities - used to assist in bankruptcy proceedings. Read from page 325 in the bill above.

So it's not so much a fund to bail companies out, but a fund to pay for them to file bankruptcy?

I think I actually like that better.