PDA

View Full Version : Ok I know I need to consult Local talent

olevetonahill
4/21/2010, 06:48 PM
But I know we have Legal Talent here. I got a general question for them .
Do we have any Tax perfesionals here ?
I gots a question fer them also to.

The second May be a Legal question also .

BudSooner
4/21/2010, 07:07 PM
No, you cannot write off pole dancers used in the service of helping to clean the shack. :D

olevetonahill
4/21/2010, 07:12 PM
No, you cannot write off pole dancers used in the service of helping to clean the shack. :D

Well hell there went that Idear:eek:

Naw Im interested in Granparents visitation
And My soon to be ex DIL lived with my son all last year on HIS income
She Left while he wasnt able to file and SHE filed, Claimed all the Kids and Just used HER income
Aint that Fraud ?

beer4me
4/21/2010, 07:21 PM
Not a Tax perfesional here but I think you send me all ur tax money you should be OK ;) :P :rolleyes: :D :D :D :D

Okla-homey
4/21/2010, 08:15 PM
Well hell there went that Idear:eek:

Naw Im interested in Granparents visitation
And My soon to be ex DIL lived with my son all last year on HIS income
She Left while he wasnt able to file and SHE filed, Claimed all the Kids and Just used HER income
Aint that Fraud ?

They're still married right? In that case, they both get to claim the kiddo as a deduction.

After they divorce, it will be different.

Now, as to "grandparents visitation," I hate to be the one to tell you this bro, but the law doesn't recognize a grandparent's right to see his grandbabies. Succs, but that's the way it is.

Best bet is to try to stay on good terms with the custodial parent. In the end though, if that person won't abide giving you time with the child...you're out of luck.

Frozen Sooner
4/21/2010, 08:38 PM
They're still married right? In that case, they both get to claim the kiddo as a deduction.

After they divorce, it will be different.

Now, as to "grandparents visitation," I hate to be the one to tell you this bro, but the law doesn't recognize a grandparent's right to see his grandbabies. Succs, but that's the way it is.

Best bet is to try to stay on good terms with the custodial parent. In the end though, if that person won't abide giving you time with the child...you're out of luck.

Troxel v. Granville, right? A custodial parent has a liberty interest in who gets to visit their child.

olevetonahill
4/21/2010, 10:28 PM
Troxel v. Granville, right? A custodial parent has a liberty interest in who gets to visit their child.

Mike
Oklahoma passed a Granparents rights Law in 05
Boils down to whats in the best INTEREST of the child !

Thats ONE of my questions . I just wanted some general ideas on
The other was
The BITCH Left My KID after 10-1-2010
She then filed Income tax while HE was gone .
She claimed HER piddlin INCOME for the year and all the Kids

Now is SHE guilty of TAX fraud ?

In other words SHES sayin THEY lived on HER 6k fer the year when in actuality they LIVED on HIS 71K.
Now shes TAKING ALL His Deductions .
That shat aint right

SanJoaquinSooner
4/21/2010, 10:35 PM
If she claimed only 6K income, why would she need deductions? did she file for earned income credit?

olevetonahill
4/21/2010, 10:43 PM
If she claimed only 6K income, why would she need deductions? did she file for earned income credit?

DUH :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
She claimed THAT and all 3 kids as dependents . Left My son having to file as Single er whatever with NO dependents

He's stuck now with filing 71 K and NO deductions !
Bitch needs to Go Down .

SoonerNate
4/21/2010, 10:51 PM
He needs a tax attorney or just simply a CPA. Are they married?

Frozen Sooner
4/21/2010, 10:54 PM
Mike

OK.

Yes, the standard in child custody cases is best interest of the child.

Troxel v. Granville invalidated a Washington statute that allowed "any person" to sue for visitation rights under a "best interests of the child" standard as violative of substantive due process. A fit parent has the right to make decisions regarding child-rearing, including Grandparents. I'm sure whoever wrote the OK statute carefully crafted it around the standards of Troxel, and I know next to nothing about Family Law other than the best interests of the child standard. I believe, but I'm not sure, that the requirement under Troxel is that the decision of the parent be given "special weight" even above and beyond "best interests of the child" when visitation is concerned and that a parent is acting in the "best interests of the child" is a presumption.

Okla-homey
4/22/2010, 04:23 PM
Bro, like I said above, regardless of any Okla. statute that might lead the layperson to believe otherwise, the upshot is, if the custodial parent says "no see grandpaw", there is no seeing grandpaw.

The only possible way around it is to convince a court to find it's in the child's best interest to see grandpaw against mom's wishes, and that ain't likely in this lifetime. Unless you got a bunch of money to pay a very savvy lawyer, including money for him to hire private investigators to get surveillance video of mama doing illegal and dangerous shat. I'm talking bad enough stuff to lose custody of the kiddo.

tommieharris91
4/22/2010, 04:26 PM
Mike

Thats ONE of my questions . I just wanted some general ideas on
The other was
The BITCH Left My KID after 10-1-2010
She then filed Income tax while HE was gone .
She claimed HER piddlin INCOME for the year and all the Kids

Now is SHE guilty of TAX fraud ?

In other words SHES sayin THEY lived on HER 6k fer the year when in actuality they LIVED on HIS 71K.
Now shes TAKING ALL His Deductions .
That shat aint right

Did they file married filing jointly or married filing separately? (He had to sign a 1040 if it was married filing jointly.) Are they married? If she filed as married filing jointly, I believe BOTH are guilty of federal tax evasion. If not, it sounds like someone's gettin audited. Basically, get an attorney.

For the record, I am not a CPA, Enrolled Agent before the IRS, or an attorney. Some advise I'm giving may not be correct. For answers to some simple questions, try http://irs.gov

OhU1
4/22/2010, 05:15 PM
See Title 43 O.S. Section 109.4 on grandparent visitation.

As a preliminary - the court has no power to grant visitation to grandparents if the child's family is intact.

If the child's family is not intact the grandparent may seek and the court may grant visitation IF 1. it is in the best interest of the child. AND 2. There is a showing of parental unfitness OR the grand parent has rebutted by clear and convincing evidence the presumption that the fit parent is acting in the best interest of the child by showing that the child would suffer harm by not granting the visitation rights.

Sounds like a high burden of persuasion if the parent does not want granparent to see child to me. Homey is giving good advice.

Frozen Sooner
4/22/2010, 05:28 PM
1. it is in the best interest of the child. AND 2. There is a showing of parental unfitness OR the grand parent has rebutted by clear and convincing evidence the presumption that the fit parent is acting in the best interest of the child by showing that the child would suffer harm by not granting the visitation rights.

Boy, that sounds kind of familiar. Where did I hear something like that before?

Oh, yeah:

I believe, but I'm not sure, that the requirement under Troxel is that the decision of the parent be given "special weight" even above and beyond "best interests of the child" when visitation is concerned and that a parent is acting in the "best interests of the child" is a presumption.

Okla-homey
4/22/2010, 08:03 PM
You guys with all you fancy lawyer talk.:rolleyes: I told the man five posts ago he was hosed on "grandparent visitation." That's all he wanted to know. When someone asks you the time, do you build them a watch?;)

GottaHavePride
4/22/2010, 10:19 PM
You guys with all you fancy lawyer talk.:rolleyes: I told the man five posts ago he was hosed on "grandparent visitation." That's all he wanted to know. When someone asks you the time, do you build them a watch?;)

Well, you know what they say, Homey. Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night, but light that man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Frozen Sooner
4/22/2010, 11:12 PM

Hey man, I just agreed with you and mentioned a case I thought was relevant 'cause I have a test with that case on it next week. :D olevet started yelling at me about some OK statute. ;)

tommieharris91
4/22/2010, 11:53 PM

Dude asked 2 questions. You only answered 1 of them. ;)

olevetonahill
4/23/2010, 06:44 AM
Hey man, I just agreed with you and mentioned a case I thought was relevant 'cause I have a test with that case on it next week. :D olevet started yelling at me about some OK statute. ;)

I dint not either yell, Quit making **** up about me .:P

So I'd just be waisting money trying to hire a lawyer and get visitation ?

Guess Ill just have to wait a few years till they are old enough to Come see me on their own .:mad:

Okla-homey
4/23/2010, 12:15 PM
I dint not either yell, Quit making **** up about me .:P

So I'd just be waisting money trying to hire a lawyer and get visitation ?

Guess Ill just have to wait a few years till they are old enough to Come see me on their own .:mad:

Yes. Trying to get Court ordered grandpaw visitation would be like trying to teach a pig to dance, which doesn't work and annoys the pig.

olevetonahill
4/23/2010, 12:17 PM
Good analogy . I think Ima try to teach the REAL pig in this to dance .;)