PDA

View Full Version : Obama going after Marco Rubio in FL

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/21/2010, 03:22 PM
There is an IRS investigation that has been going on for a while, against conservative Rubio, running for Senate or Gov.(I forget which) in nov. He is presently kicking the as* of the current Gov. in the race. Big Surprise, huh?

yermom
4/21/2010, 03:39 PM
he learned that trick from the Pubs ;)

SoonerNate
4/21/2010, 03:43 PM
It's clearly a trick to nail him. Everyone down here loves Rubio.

My Opinion Matters
4/21/2010, 03:44 PM
What happens if a person eats the little packet labeled "do not eat" in a bag of beef jerky?

SoonerNate
4/21/2010, 03:47 PM
LOL

49r
4/21/2010, 03:49 PM
Distrust, Discontent, Anger and Partisan Rancor

Apr 19, 2010

Take the Quiz Before You Read the Report

By almost every measure Americans are less positive and more critical of government today. A new series of surveys provides a detailed picture of the public's opinions about government. How satisfied are you? Take the Pew Research Center's new quiz (http://pewresearch.org/satisfaction/) and see how you compare with the average American.

Distrust, Discontent, Anger and Partisan Rancor

By almost every conceivable measure Americans are less positive and more critical of government these days. A new Pew Research Center survey finds a perfect storm of conditions associated with distrust of government – a dismal economy, an unhappy public, bitter partisan-based backlash, and epic discontent with Congress and elected officials.

Rather than an activist government to deal with the nation's top problems, the public now wants government reformed and growing numbers want its power curtailed. With the exception of greater regulation of major financial institutions, there is less of an appetite for government solutions to the nation's problems – including more government control over the economy – than there was when Barack Obama first took office.

The public's hostility toward government seems likely to be an important election issue favoring the Republicans this fall. However, the Democrats can take some solace in the fact that neither party can be confident that they have the advantage among such a disillusioned electorate. Favorable ratings for both major parties, as well as for Congress, have reached record lows while opposition to congressional incumbents, already approaching an all-time high, continues to climb.

The Tea Party movement, which has a small but fervent anti-government constituency, could be a wild card in this election. On one hand, its sympathizers are highly energized and inclined to vote Republican this fall. On the other, many Republicans and Republican-leaning independents say the Tea Party represents their point of view better than does the GOP.

These are the principal findings from a series of surveys that provide a detailed picture of the public's opinions about government. The main survey, conducted March 11-21 among 2,505 adults, was informed by surveys in 1997 and 1998 that explored many of the same questions and issues. While a majority also distrusted the federal government in those surveys, criticism of government had declined from earlier in the decade. And the public's desire for government services and activism was holding steady.

This is not the case today. Just 22% say they can trust the government in Washington almost always or most of the time, among the lowest measures in half a century. About the same percentage (19%) says they are "basically content" with the federal government, which is largely unchanged from 2006 and 2007, but lower than a decade ago.

Read the full report Distrust, Discontent, Anger and Partisan Rancor (http://www.pewtrusts.org/our_work_report_detail.aspx?id=58520) on the Pew Research Center's Web site..

SoonerStormchaser
4/21/2010, 04:38 PM
water is wet!

SicEmBaylor
4/21/2010, 05:08 PM
What happens if a person eats the little packet labeled "do not eat" in a bag of beef jerky?

RLIMC is what happens.

4/21/2010, 07:06 PM
RLIMC is what happens.How's yur new hottie, Rachel Maddow IMC ?

SoonerNate
4/21/2010, 10:44 PM
How's yur new hottie, Rachel Maddow IMC ?

She looks like Keanu Reeves and has an audience of about 1,100. LOL

Curly Bill
4/21/2010, 10:48 PM
I'm not gay, but I'll say Keanu Reeves is better looking than that angry commie lesbo. :D

SoonerNate
4/21/2010, 10:50 PM
That entire network is a joke.

soonerloyal
4/21/2010, 11:09 PM
It's clearly a trick to nail him. Everyone down here loves Rubio.

And by "everyone", you mean...not everyone, obviously.

Proud member of "MARINE FAMILIES AGAINST RUBIO" :D

Crucifax Autumn
4/21/2010, 11:17 PM
I may not understand the case, but would this guy or the others down there getting busted on the same thing have these problems if they wouldn't have used their Republican party credit cards to pay for personal sh*t and then failed to claim it on their tax forms?

4/22/2010, 12:43 AM
I may not understand the case, but would this guy or the others down there getting busted on the same thing have these problems if they wouldn't have used their Republican party credit cards to pay for personal sh*t and then failed to claim it on their tax forms?There would be something else they could be charged for, real or trumped up. What do you hear about the IRS going after Democrats, including Treasury Chief Geithner?

Crucifax Autumn
4/22/2010, 12:48 AM
That I don't disagree with. If someone is breaking the law and they are in public office, they deserve to get busted no matter what party they belong to.

4/22/2010, 12:52 AM
That I don't disagree with. If someone is breaking the law and they are in public office, they deserve to get busted no matter what party they belong to.Yup. Also important is the level of punishment for whatever infraction(s).

Rubio is the next Sarah Palin. They are on a rampage to permanently damage him, politically.

BudSooner
4/22/2010, 12:29 PM
I would rather go after Paulina Rubio
http://www.canim.net/model-manken/images/paulina-rubio-1024x768-5729.jpg

SoonerNate
4/22/2010, 03:49 PM
It won't work. Latest Rasmussen poll has him winning even in a 3 way race with Christ. We cannot wait to elect him.

I can't wait until November.

4/22/2010, 04:49 PM
It won't work. Latest Rasmussen poll has him winning even in a 3 way race with Christ. We cannot wait to elect him.

I can't wait until November.I would think the goal is to somehow get Rubio disqualified to run.

SicEmBaylor
4/22/2010, 04:56 PM
I would think the goal is to somehow get Rubio disqualified to run.

The only way to do that is if he gets convicted of a felony. They can shame him into dropping out of the race, but there's not a lot they can do to legally disqualify him.