PDA

View Full Version : It's official, Gallon declares for the NBA...

ndpruitt03
4/20/2010, 09:39 PM
http://soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/042010aaa.html

sooner518
4/20/2010, 10:04 PM
"I'm happy for Tiny and wish him nothing but success and luck. This is something Tiny wants to do and, as I've said before, I'm not one to stand in the way of a career choice that one of my players thinks is in his best interest."

not exactly a ringing endorsement. any chance he gets drafted at all? im guessing no

ndpruitt03
4/20/2010, 10:09 PM
Warren will be a first round pick. TMG and Gallon may not make it in Europe.

JLEW1818
4/20/2010, 10:18 PM
this makes me hate college basketball. 1 year rule only.

oh well.

he was not a great college player.

OUbasketball4life
4/20/2010, 10:21 PM
I'm kind of glad. A work buddy had me check out his twitter page (http://twitter.com/callit24) and....well check it out and you will see where I'm coming from when I say I'm kind of glad. Not sure if he expectes to get drafted I think he will go undrafted might end up in a d-league which I highly doubt...

ndpruitt03
4/20/2010, 10:22 PM
We return 3 players from last year that played. And have 7 total scholarship players. No point guard and no center.

Collier11
4/20/2010, 10:24 PM
this is code word for "Tiny you really f**ked up man and you dont have a spot on this team anymore so make a choice"

mojorisen2014
4/20/2010, 10:31 PM
I really dont want to bash on the guy but seriously this guy has no business declaring right now and is making a HUGE career misstake.

OKC-SLC
4/20/2010, 10:35 PM
why do so many guys from a team with a losing effing record think they're ready to play pro basketball?

idiots.

yermom
4/20/2010, 10:40 PM
all that matters now is they will be half-assing it on some other team next year

Collier11
4/20/2010, 10:50 PM
Capel can now completely reform this roster the correct way, ill take a 500.ish season next yr if it means we play hard and are back on track for the following yr

yankee
4/20/2010, 11:07 PM
i'm so glad i'm drunk otherwise i'd be pissed. god i'd be so mad if i wasn't drunk. i'll be mad tomorrow. we are so ****ing ****ed next year it's not even funny.

OKC-SLC
4/20/2010, 11:09 PM
all that matters now is they will be half-assing it on some other team next year

I'm sure we can find someone else to catch 9 passes for us.

Well, you get my drift.

Collier11
4/20/2010, 11:11 PM
Ahmad!!!

GottaHavePride
4/20/2010, 11:13 PM
i'm so glad i'm drunk otherwise i'd be pissed. god i'd be so mad if i wasn't drunk. i'll be mad tomorrow. we are so ****ing ****ed next year it's not even funny.

Why be mad? I usually follow our basketball team, but this year I didn't even like watching them on TV.

Collier11
4/20/2010, 11:16 PM
you should be happy, Capel messed up and recruited a bunch of me-first, thuggish attitudes and now they are all gone. Time to move forward

yankee
4/20/2010, 11:17 PM
Why be mad? I usually follow our basketball team, but this year I didn't even like watching them on TV.

why be mad? because the guy who was supposed to be our center and who i expected to show rapid improvement is no longer coming back. that's why i'm pissed.

yankee
4/20/2010, 11:18 PM
you should be happy, Capel messed up and recruited a bunch of me-first, thuggish attitudes and now they are all gone. Time to move forward

i agree. time to move forward. but it might be too late for capel. i hope not, but that might be the case.

Collier11
4/20/2010, 11:20 PM
If we go out and play hard and compete next yr, win some games we shouldnt win, finish with a respectable record, if that happens he will be back. If we go out and win 10, 12, 13 games and look really bad like this yr, he might be gonzo

yankee
4/20/2010, 11:25 PM
If we go out and play hard and compete next yr, win some games we shouldnt win, finish with a respectable record, if that happens he will be back. If we go out and win 10, 12, 13 games and look really bad like this yr, he might be gonzo

this.

GottaHavePride
4/20/2010, 11:38 PM
this.

I agree. But if our big center who was supposed to improve so much decided to eat Twinkies in the offseason anyway, well, does it matter that much?

the_ouskull
4/20/2010, 11:45 PM
Boy, is that a weight off of this team's scales... errr... shoulders. Good luck struggling against hungry (figuratively, not literally) D-leaguers.

the_ouskull

sooner59
4/21/2010, 01:05 AM
I'm glad.

Boomer.....
4/21/2010, 07:28 AM
Overall, it will be better for the team. Wish him the best though.

Sooner95
4/21/2010, 08:03 AM
All I can say is good.

badger
4/21/2010, 08:05 AM
I'm not mad, I'm just wondering what went into this decision.

"I sold my career for $3,000."

"Might as well declare pro since I can no longer declare amateur."

"The NBA has two rounds in its draft, so surely I rank in the top 60 players available to pick???"

"Maybe scouts will ignore how I played in college and draft on high school potential like they used to. Mickie D's All-American comin' through!"

"My mom already spent the 3k. I should be able to get her another 3k after a season in the D-League."

I'm not upset, I just think we can all assume that this decision was based on a lack of choices.

...sooner
4/21/2010, 08:33 AM
I'm not mad, I'm just wondering what went into this decision.

"I sold my career for $3,000."

"Might as well declare pro since I can no longer declare amateur."

"The NBA has two rounds in its draft, so surely I rank in the top 60 players available to pick???"

"Maybe scouts will ignore how I played in college and draft on high school potential like they used to. Mickie D's All-American comin' through!"

"My mom already spent the 3k. I should be able to get her another 3k after a season in the D-League."

I'm not upset, I just think we can all assume that this decision was based on a lack of choices.

this.

Bourbon St Sooner
4/21/2010, 08:40 AM
C-ya. Don't let the door hit you in your big lazy ***.

Mad Dog Madsen
4/21/2010, 08:47 AM
Well, I did get a chance to get his autograph this year. Think it will be worth anything??? :D

the_ouskull
4/21/2010, 09:24 AM
Only if it's written on money.

the_ouskull

NormanPride
4/21/2010, 10:02 AM
Poor kid... Bad decision when he's 17 costing him any real future in the sport... He's got a tough mountain to climb.

And our team may not win 10 games next year.

OUmillenium
4/21/2010, 10:36 AM
why do so many guys from a team with a losing effing record think they're ready to play pro basketball?

idiots.

Brilliant observation! I love it!

badger
4/21/2010, 11:11 AM
Poor kid... Bad decision when he's 17 costing him any real future in the sport... He's got a tough mountain to climb.

And our team may not win 10 games next year.

My contribution to mens basketball next year will be a win-tracker. I will keep a REAL-TIME count of how many wins our mens basketball team has accumulated during the season.

... that's all I'll have time for after begging you all to be womens basketball fans :D

soonerfan28
4/21/2010, 11:21 AM
Chalk it up to learning that recruiting talent shouldn't come before recruiting character.

Crimsontothecore
4/21/2010, 12:27 PM
I'm disturbed by the fact that 4 seasons ago we had a major defection due to a coach leaving but we now have a similar exodus while the coach stays.
This really puts Capel and his staff behind the 8 ball. I would like to believe that these were ALL just selfish, big-headed kids and now the bad elements are gone and all will be well again in Sooner b-ball land......but I just have a bad feeling.

stoopified
4/21/2010, 12:59 PM
With all OUr players declaring for the NBA,I only have one queation,does the Nevada Basketball Association have any TV coverage in Oklahoma?Apparently we will have several players to watch.

Scott D
4/21/2010, 01:19 PM
so what channel on my dish can I watch the Spanish B League that both TMG and Tiny will be riding the pine in?

badger
4/21/2010, 01:40 PM
I'm disturbed by the fact that 4 seasons ago we had a major defection due to a coach leaving but we now have a similar exodus while the coach stays.
This really puts Capel and his staff behind the 8 ball. I would like to believe that these were ALL just selfish, big-headed kids and now the bad elements are gone and all will be well again in Sooner b-ball land......but I just have a bad feeling.
I'ts not like KS didn't have transfers of good players when he stayed around. Deangelo Alexander comes to mind. I hear rumors that even Bookout wanted to quit at one point.

Ruf/Nek7
4/21/2010, 06:48 PM
Good luck in europe, and good riddance!

JLEW1818
4/21/2010, 07:10 PM
will he play point guard ?

Crimsontothecore
4/21/2010, 09:53 PM
I'ts not like KS didn't have transfers of good players when he stayed around. Deangelo Alexander comes to mind. I hear rumors that even Bookout wanted to quit at one point.

yes, you can name individual players here and there who left but a mass exit like this never happened until he resigned.

ndpruitt03
4/21/2010, 10:07 PM
When Kelvin lost players he got good ones to replace those guys. About the time Humphrey left we got Nolan Johnson. About the time Lavender, McKenzie and that group left we got Taj and Everett to step up. After Kelvin left we still had a decent young base with 2 key seniors in Carter and Neal. Capel tried to make Neal something he wasn't(a combo guard) and we didn't use Carter at all till Big 12 play when he averaged like 15 per game.

Collier11
4/21/2010, 10:21 PM
Nick please, go fag up threads on ouinsider

the_ouskull
4/21/2010, 11:59 PM

D left for reasons not entirely related to the basketball team. And the Bookout rumors weren't just rumors. He was fed up with the "me-first, I-have-a-shot-at-the-NBA" ball that was happening around him. (starting with the crew that left, Lavender at the head of it, and culminating with Terrell Everett. Book was a post. He couldn't get his own shots without help, and those guys... those guys weren't helping him. He was frustrated. Instead, he got re-focused on track. Win. Win.

the_ouskull

janderson255
4/22/2010, 09:53 AM
Last year is all making sense! Except for a few, last years team was a VERY selfish team. All they cared about was getting on a team and jumping to the next level even if they are ready or not. It just makes me sick that some people think that they do not have to work hard and they can just be handed a job and a salary without any effort. I am glad they are gone. I dont blame Capel for this. He was after talent and he got it, he just didnt get the dedication part. I am already geared up for next season! It maybe another rough one, but I think there will be more heart and less show. Boomer Sooner!

diegosooner
5/18/2010, 08:50 PM
Man, the NBA lottery just isn't right. NJ, Minn, Sac, and Golden State get the shaft.

Mad Dog Madsen
5/19/2010, 08:20 AM
I believe that's why it's called the "lottery." Do you think they should just do it like the NFL does and go by records?

NormanPride
5/19/2010, 09:57 AM
Well, if it wasn't rigged I'd say the lottery would be great. But it's the NBA. Do you REALLY think it's not rigged?

badger
5/19/2010, 11:29 AM
Well, if it wasn't rigged I'd say the lottery would be great. But it's the NBA. Do you REALLY think it's not rigged?

There have been a few years where I have raised my eyebrow a little

1- San Antonio getting Tim Duncan. David Robinson gets injured for a year and NP's Spurs get to draft one of the great college prospects that don't come along every year.

2- Bulls post-Jordan. I don't remember who they took, but it, too, was an eyebrow raiser.

3- Wizards with Jordan. So Jordan lands a GM job and gets the top pick right away?! They took Kwame Brown, so hey, not like they made the most of their good fortune. Good riddance to MJ getting fired right after he quit getting butts in seats by playing. The guy that fired him's wife got the top overall pick last night.

The only time the fix is not in is when the Clippers win the pick. They have been a lottery team more often than any other, and there's no way that the NBA wants to doom a young star to that crappy franchise... grrrrr... they must be out to OU by sending BG there... grrrrr

ndpruitt03
5/19/2010, 11:49 AM
I like the lottery in the NBA. I wish the NFL would do it that way so you don't have to tank games just to get the best player.

badger
5/19/2010, 12:44 PM
I just youtube'd the 1985 draft lottery and it's funny.

Basically, the accountant is putting seven envelopes into the big glass bingo jar. When he gets to one envelope, he tosses it a little bit harder than the other six.

Then, with media camera bulbs going off, they turn the big bingo jar for awhile.

However, David does not take the first envelope he touches. He seeks out a different envelope after touching a few.

And then... Patrick Ewing goes to New York :rolleyes:

Mad Dog Madsen
5/19/2010, 04:33 PM
I still don't think it's rigged. Why didn't OKC get Big Blake???

Collier11
5/19/2010, 04:44 PM
It isnt rigged, geez

Scott D
5/19/2010, 05:52 PM
only in certain years could it have been rigged...the other years were just gm's having brain farts.

SoonerShark
5/20/2010, 05:22 PM
I hope he does well. Who knows what each of us would have done at age 18. Taking $3,000.00 is something most of us would have done at that age. He was not selling dope. He was not stealing. He probably needed things most of us take for granted as having. I wish he had played and excelled at OU for four years, but what the heck, good luck, Tiny

Leroy Lizard
5/20/2010, 05:33 PM
I hope he does well. Who knows what each of us would have done at age 18. Taking $3,000.00 is something most of us would have done at that age. He was not selling dope. He was not stealing. He probably needed things most of us take for granted as having. I wish he had played and excelled at OU for four years, but what the heck, good luck, Tiny

Yeah, thanks a lot Tiny! We really appreciate what you did for the OU program. You can be rest assured that Sooner fans will remember you and all you did for a very long time.

yankee
5/20/2010, 07:37 PM
Taking $3,000.00 is something most of us would have done at that age.

right.