PDA

View Full Version : ****, Steelers reacquire Byron Leftwitch

BudSooner
4/20/2010, 09:15 PM
There went my threory surrounding a late trade before the draft, Sam for Ben just went out the window.:mad:

Why the **** does anyone insist this idiot still can play??? I didn't watch a down he played for the Bucs, the guy cannot get the ball to a stationary target at a range of less than 25yds.
Just damn! Hell get Dixon under center, he's no worse the Byron.:mad:

rawlingsHOH
4/21/2010, 08:19 AM
I don't think a team picking up Byron Leftwich would be any indication that they don't plan on using a draft pick on a QB as well. LOL

goingoneight
4/21/2010, 08:21 AM
I think I'll enjoy watching Byron play for teh 'Burg. :D

badger
4/21/2010, 08:40 AM
Yes, yes, we all hope Sammie stays with a team we enjoy cheering for as he makes his college-to-NFL transition.

Since the Rams have no fans left, wouldn't it all be easier for us to just adopt the Rams as a second team than have one or two posters be happy while the rest of us grumble?

BudSooner
4/21/2010, 11:13 AM
I don't think a team picking up Byron Leftwich would be any indication that they don't plan on using a draft pick on a QB as well. LOLPossibly just a stopgap in case a trade falls thru? Maybe, with Batch injured and unlikely to play in preseason we need someone in there to take snaps and tutor Dennis Dixon till he is ready.

I think I'll enjoy watching Byron play for teh 'Burg. :DYeah, bite me. I'll be watching my team at least make it to the playoffs(maybe)while yours slacks off to take the #1 pick next year. :D

Yes, yes, we all hope Sammie stays with a team we enjoy cheering for as he makes his college-to-NFL transition.

Since the Rams have no fans left, wouldn't it all be easier for us to just adopt the Rams as a second team than have one or two posters be happy while the rest of us grumble?

Can't, that would be a conflict of interest with the OKC Bears.
It would be a far easier fit to have Sammy in Pittsburgh.
Well, screw that idea considering how many Sooners play for the Saints...nevermind. :D

goingoneight
4/21/2010, 12:05 PM
I don't doubt my team slacks off, as they're coached by Wade Phillips... but I don't think they'll be in position for the #1 overall pick next year.

So in short, is Ben gone or what? Guilty or not guilty? All I keep seeing is "reports" that say nothing more than what we already know; that being that his situation stinks. And I didn't know Dennis Dixon was in the NFL... if Sam, who played in a pro-style offense can't transition to the pros as a QB... then who thought spread, zone-read QB Dennis Dixon would? Interesting indeed. Maybe the "he's a system QB" crowd needs a warm glass of STFU.

BudSooner
4/21/2010, 12:22 PM
I don't doubt my team slacks off, as they're coached by Wade Phillips... but I don't think they'll be in position for the #1 overall pick next year.

So in short, is Ben gone or what? Guilty or not guilty? All I keep seeing is "reports" that say nothing more than what we already know; that being that his situation stinks. And I didn't know Dennis Dixon was in the NFL... if Sam, who played in a pro-style offense can't transition to the pros as a QB... then who thought spread, zone-read QB Dennis Dixon would? Interesting indeed. Maybe the "he's a system QB" crowd needs a warm glass of STFU.

Indeed, Dixon is Bens backup behind Batch but as I said Batch being hurt sort of puts them in a tight spot so they really had no choice but to get Byron.

Yahoo has another piece on Steelers getting feelers from other teams on trades, it's getting pretty close to the draft so I doubt it happens...but would not be totally shocked if it did.
The guy on Yahoo also says Tebow might be a good fit in the Pittsburgh offense.....all I gotta say is....

http://accordionguy.blogware.com/Photos/2005/05/noooooooo.jpg

If this happened, I would have to find another team, when the Bucs picked Chris Simms...I about gagged, this is worse.

goingoneight
4/21/2010, 12:26 PM
Yeah... I'm not really wild about TFRW in Dallas, or TRRW getting traded from there and scapegoated for the still subpar secondary without him... but that's the No Fun League for ya.

Mad Dog Madsen
4/21/2010, 01:05 PM
They'll cut him after Big Ben serves his 6 game suspension...

sooner94
4/21/2010, 11:58 PM
Yeah... I'm not really wild about TFRW in Dallas, or TRRW getting traded from there and scapegoated for the still subpar secondary without him... but that's the No Fun League for ya.

Like the TRRW comment. Not many people see it that way. Most trash him because he couldn't cover like a corner or free safety (even though he was SS). Funny how the Dallas secondary still doesn't look very good. They let Hamlin go, so I guess he wasn't that good after all.