View Full Version : The 2010 NBA Playoffs

Pages : [1] 2 3

JLEW1818
4/19/2010, 08:07 PM
Lakers over Magic.

The eastern conf semifinal games should be fun. Boston will give the cavs hell

My Opinion Matters
4/19/2010, 09:08 PM
2008-2009 Magic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2009-2010 Magic.

I'll go Cavs over Mavs.

JLEW1818
4/19/2010, 09:10 PM
cavs won't beat the magic.

Lebron will choke, even with the refs help, and once again the excuse will be Lebron has nobody on his team.

seriously. i challenge every single poster to save this post to their hard drive right now.

that's if they even beat boston

yankee
4/19/2010, 09:12 PM
cavs won't beat the magic.

Lebron will choke, even with the refs help, and once again the excuse will be Lebron has nobody on his team.

seriously. i challenge every single poster to save this post to their hard drive right now.

that's if they even beat boston

i'll take you up on that. cavs over magic. best cavs team ever assembled around lebron. no excuses this year. and boston doesn't have a chance in hell of beating the cavs. are you out of your mind? hell, tons of people aren't even predicting them getting past the heat.

JLEW1818
4/19/2010, 09:16 PM
so if boston gets past "the heat".. the cavs beat boston in .... how many games?

My Opinion Matters
4/19/2010, 09:16 PM
Your obsessive hatred of Lebron is disturbing and silly.

JLEW1818
4/19/2010, 09:17 PM
so does he have an excuse if he does not win the east? yes or no?

just want to clear this up before hand

Eielson
4/19/2010, 09:18 PM
I think the Cavs will have trouble with the Celtics. If they get past the Celtics, they will most likely lose to the Magic. If they get past the Magic, they will definitely lose to the Lakers.

The only funnier pick than the Cavs winning it is the Mavs winning it.

JLEW1818
4/19/2010, 09:19 PM
the only side i will take with bron, is his coach is a ****ing idiot. he does not coach, he talks. last year against the magic, sure Howard was deadly, but Brown did jack**** to stop Turk and Lewis. Zero adjustments.

this year, Howard and Lewis once again Dominate. Carter leans his role.

and Nelson is the deciding factor

yankee
4/19/2010, 09:19 PM
so if boston gets past "the heat".. the cavs beat boston in .... how many games?

5, 6 at most.

My Opinion Matters
4/19/2010, 09:20 PM
Cavs will win the East, barring catastrophic injury to James or O'Neal. Unless Boston somehow miraculously pulls it together in the playoffs this year, there's not another legitimate contender in the East this year.

JLEW1818
4/19/2010, 09:21 PM
I'll take KG, Pierce, Allen, and Rondo over every Cavs player, excluding Lebron.

cavs will have have trouble

yankee
4/19/2010, 09:23 PM
so do the cavs have an excuse if they does not win the east? yes or no?

just want to clear this up before hand

fify.

no, the CAVALIERS are the best they've been, as far as i can recall...they have no excuses.

you must not have played basketball as a little kid...because the TEAM concept continues to escape your vocabulary. lebron james cannot win the east by himself. that's why i needed to correct your post. just wanted to clear this up before hand.

My Opinion Matters
4/19/2010, 09:23 PM
I think the Cavs will have trouble with the Celtics. If they get past the Celtics, they will most likely lose to the Magic. If they get past the Magic, they will definitely lose to the Lakers.

The Lakers winning it is pretty funny as well.

yankee
4/19/2010, 09:24 PM
I'll take KG, Pierce, Allen, and Rondo over every Cavs player, excluding Lebron.

cavs will have have trouble

cavs have mo williams and antawn jamison in case you forgot. and shaq. and the cavs bench is so much deeper than boston's, it's not even funny. boston is washed up and banged up. their defense is the only reason why they might win a game or two.

yankee
4/19/2010, 09:25 PM

mavs are a VERY dangerous team...it would not surprise me to see them or the nuggets take out probably the weakest LA team in years.

yankee
4/19/2010, 09:26 PM
jlew, you watching the chicago-cavs game? lebron is putting on a show for you and the gang of haters out there.

JLEW1818
4/19/2010, 09:26 PM
I'd still take the players i listed over yours. in the playoffs

JLEW1818
4/19/2010, 09:27 PM
jlew, you watching the chicago-cavs game? lebron is putting on a show for you and the gang of haters out there.

yahhhhh man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the 8 seeded bulls. did they even have a winning record? :P

yankee
4/19/2010, 09:30 PM
I'd still take the players i listed over yours. in the playoffs

yeah, maybe 10 years ago when they weren't filing for social security.

JLEW1818
4/19/2010, 09:32 PM
Jamison is 33

Mo Williams 27

Pierce is 32

KG 33

Rondo 24

Allen 34

Eielson
4/19/2010, 10:54 PM
The Lakers winning it is pretty funny as well.

Yeah, it's not like they're the defending champs or anything...

Eielson
4/19/2010, 10:59 PM
mavs are a VERY dangerous team...

They always are. They're losers, though.

it would not surprise me to see them or the nuggets take out probably the weakest LA team in years.

The Nuggets are capable. As for the "weakest LA team in years," what are you talking about? It's basically the same team as last year, and it's far better than any of the post-Shaq/pre-Pau years.

Eielson
4/19/2010, 11:00 PM
yeah, maybe 10 years ago when they weren't filing for social security.

That's pretty amazing that you can win a championship 8 years after filing for social security.

yankee
4/19/2010, 11:57 PM
They always are. They're losers, though.

The Nuggets are capable. As for the "weakest LA team in years," what are you talking about? It's basically the same team as last year, and it's far better than any of the post-Shaq/pre-Pau years.

mavs have been to the finals, and it's the best team assembled around dirk ever.

what am i talking about? i'm talking about a team that has an injured kobe bryant that has seemingly can't shoot a jumper anymore. an old point guard that's getting consistently beat off the dribble. a center that can't stay healthy, and his health remains a huge concern despite him being on the court the other night. couple in a weak bench, and that's not the same lakers team from a year ago. hope we're on the same page now.

yankee
4/19/2010, 11:57 PM
Jamison is 33

Mo Williams 27

Pierce is 32

KG 33

Rondo 24

Allen 34

:D

My Opinion Matters
4/20/2010, 09:06 AM
Yeah, it's not like they're the defending champs or anything...

Because the defending champs repeat every season, right?

I think the Lakers are the prohibitive favorites right now, but it's incredibly silly to think it's a foregone conclusion they're going to have a cakewalk to another title. There's not going to be another Magic team gift-wrapped and ready to hike up their skirt for them this year.

Assuming there's a Lakers-Mavs conference finals, that's going to be a very tough out for the Lakers. That Mavs lineup will give the Lakers fits. If they get by the Mavs, the Cavs or (pretty unlikely imo) possibly Celtics will be there waiting for them. Either team will once again be match-up hell for the Lakers. I don't really see it happening again for the Lakers this year. But then again Phil Jackson has like eleventy-billion rings, so who knows.

JLEW1818
4/20/2010, 01:24 PM
Nobody is saying it will be easy for the Lakers.

The Magic are a loaded playoff team, depth

are the 2010 cavs really that much better than last year?...

yankee
4/20/2010, 02:05 PM
Nobody is saying it will be easy for the Lakers.

The Magic are a loaded playoff team, depth

are the 2010 cavs really that much better than last year?...

added two key veteran players in antawn jamison and shaq to take the offensive load off of the king and mo williams. the development of j.j. hickson has also benefited, although he's hardly played in the PO's because of shaq coming back. so yes, i'd say they are better prepared to make a run to the finals than they were last year.

BillyBall
4/20/2010, 02:10 PM
Now that Ron Jeremy no longer coaches the Magic, I no longer have a rooting interest.

Sooner04
4/20/2010, 02:42 PM
Now that Ron Jeremy no longer coaches the Magic, I no longer have a rooting interest.
Huh?

BillyBall
4/20/2010, 02:45 PM
Huh?

http://listentoleon.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/stan-van-gundy-ron-jeremy.jpg

BillyBall
4/20/2010, 02:47 PM
I could have sworn he was no longer the coach, well my bad... However, he is a dead ringer.

Eielson
4/20/2010, 04:30 PM
mavs have been to the finals, and it's the best team assembled around dirk ever.

Yes, they went to the finals, and even had it pretty much in hand. However, they lost. They followed it up by winning 67 games the next season and managed to lose to an 8 seed who barely had a winning record in the first round. If I'm not mistaken, 67 games is the most regular season wins by any team in NBA history except for the Bulls. It's not a great idea to have faith in them, but feel free. Ignore history.

what am i talking about?

No clue.

i'm talking about a team that has an injured kobe bryant that has seemingly can't shoot a jumper anymore.

Believe it or not, he can hit jumpers.

an old point guard that's getting consistently beat off the dribble.

Is this different than last year? (hint: no)

a center that can't stay healthy

Has he ever stayed healthy? (hint: no)

couple in a weak bench

Is there any notable difference between the two years? (hint: no)

and that's not the same lakers team from a year ago.

You're right. It's a little different. Instead of Ariza, they have Artest. Other than that it's the same, though.

hope we're on the same page now.

No, we're not even in the same book. To think that this team is worse than the Pre-Pau years is ridiculous.

Eielson
4/20/2010, 04:44 PM
there is an approximately 87% that the Lakers or Celtics win the championship.

HA. HA. HA.

(note: I believe I spotted a small error in my math, but never corrected it. I think it's a little below the percentage I put, but still over 80%)

JLEW1818
4/20/2010, 08:50 PM
Celtics looking good even with out KG

lets remember now. Boston took the Magic 7 games without KG last year.... sure i know this was last year. Magic destroyed cavs. Lakers destroyed Magic

But if you think Boston can't beat the Cavs, ur ****ing crazy

silverwheels
4/20/2010, 09:27 PM
The Celtics are probably better off without Garnett. Dude is over the hill and almost as big a baby as Paul Pierce.

JLEW1818
4/20/2010, 09:48 PM
Celtics in 5

yermom
4/20/2010, 10:34 PM
Serge Iblocka

we need to make these FTs

yermom
4/20/2010, 10:46 PM
holy crap. up 2 with the and 1

yankee
4/20/2010, 11:24 PM
Yes, they went to the finals, and even had it pretty much in hand. However, they lost. They followed it up by winning 67 games the next season and managed to lose to an 8 seed who barely had a winning record in the first round. If I'm not mistaken, 67 games is the most regular season wins by any team in NBA history except for the Bulls. It's not a great idea to have faith in them, but feel free. Ignore history.

No clue.

Believe it or not, he can hit jumpers.

Is this different than last year? (hint: no)

Has he ever stayed healthy? (hint: no)

Is there any notable difference between the two years? (hint: no)

You're right. It's a little different. Instead of Ariza, they have Artest. Other than that it's the same, though.

No, we're not even in the same book. To think that this team is worse than the Pre-Pau years is ridiculous.

here's a big clue. they're not playing the warriors who were the worst of matchups possible. so throw out that dumb *** of an argument. completely useless.

kobe can hit jumpers? thanks. didn't know. but he's proven he can't do it with a bum knee and a broken index finger (see last few weeks). if you weren't such a dip **** and actually followed basketball you'd see that.

much of the lakers sucess relies on bynum and artest. bynum not being healthy greatly reduces their chances and hurts them inside. artest has not adjusted to the triangle offense at all and besides his offense, remains a liability.

by the way, i never compared this team to the pre-pau years. but try again. thanks for playing.

Sooner04
4/21/2010, 09:19 AM
If I'm not mistaken, 67 games is the most regular season wins by any team in NBA history except for the Bulls. It's not a great idea to have faith in them, but feel free. Ignore history.
The Lakers of '72 won 69 games. They also had an absurd 33-game winning streak that season as well.

JLEW1818
4/21/2010, 01:18 PM
yah, my rockets were going after it. we were at 15 and i was like whats the record? 33

no chance

22 is good too tho.

Eielson
4/21/2010, 05:02 PM
here's a big clue. they're not playing the warriors who were the worst of matchups possible. so throw out that dumb *** of an argument. completely useless.

Worst possible matchup? They lost in 6 games to a team who won 25 less games than them in the regular season. The Mavs just flat out choked. It's not matchups.

kobe can hit jumpers? thanks. didn't know.

You're welcome.

much of the lakers sucess relies on bynum and artest. bynum not being healthy greatly reduces their chances and hurts them inside.

Like I already said, Bynum is always having injury problems. This isn't new. They still have Odom and Pau, regardless.

artest has not adjusted to the triangle offense at all and besides his offense, remains a liability.

Besides his offense he is a liability? Artest was brought in for defense. Who cares about his offense? That's what Odom, Pau, and Kobe are for.

by the way, i never compared this team to the pre-pau years. but try again. thanks for playing.

You said "best team in years." Pau came in two years ago. So yes, you did.

Scott D
4/21/2010, 06:07 PM
Thanks yankee and Eielson for making this thread gay.

JLEW1818
4/21/2010, 06:29 PM
thanks Scott for being dead sexy

yankee
4/21/2010, 07:52 PM
Worst possible matchup? They lost in 6 games to a team who won 25 less games than them in the regular season. The Mavs just flat out choked. It's not matchups.

You're welcome.

Like I already said, Bynum is always having injury problems. This isn't new. They still have Odom and Pau, regardless.

Besides his offense he is a liability? Artest was brought in for defense. Who cares about his offense? That's what Odom, Pau, and Kobe are for.

You said "best team in years." Pau came in two years ago. So yes, you did.

i'm pretty sure you don't watch basketball.

you are so ****ing welcome!

Eielson
4/21/2010, 08:06 PM

I only had like 3 or 4 responses. That's nothing.

JLEW1818
4/21/2010, 08:21 PM
the mavs have great postseason success, ha't

Scott D
4/21/2010, 08:24 PM
I like not having a dog in this playoff fight.

Then again with our luck, Joe Dumars will draft Tiny ****ing Gallon.

JLEW1818
4/21/2010, 08:26 PM
Vernon Maxwell

Eielson
4/21/2010, 09:59 PM
the mavs have great postseason success, ha't

It's the matchups. We've been over this. :P

JLEW1818
4/21/2010, 10:17 PM
PANIC BUTTON DALLAS

GrapevineSooner
4/22/2010, 11:09 AM
PANIC BUTTON DALLAS

Why?

Because it's 1-1 headed back to San Antonio, where Dallas has won in 3 of their past 5 visits? Not to mention, having the best road record in the NBA at 27-14?

I expect this series to be headed back to Dallas at 2-2.

JLEW1818
4/22/2010, 01:14 PM
panic.

this is reverse of last year

BillyBall
4/22/2010, 01:37 PM
I like not having a dog in this playoff fight.

Then again with our luck, Joe Dumars will draft Tiny ****ing Gallon.

Well he did pass on Carmelo for Darko Milicic, so anything is possible...

BillyBall
4/22/2010, 01:41 PM
Vernon Maxwell

A friendly reminder that you too can get sued for roughly $600K for knowingly infecting someone with Herpes.

Sooner04
4/22/2010, 02:17 PM
And Chris Bosh.
And Dwyane Wade.

Quite possibly the worst draft pick of my time. And I was alive for Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan.

Scott D
4/22/2010, 03:05 PM

Melo I don't mind on passing, it's passing on Bosh that pisses me off.

JLEW1818
4/22/2010, 06:29 PM
A friendly reminder that you too can get sued for roughly $600K for knowingly infecting someone with Herpes.

u have herpes? gross :P

JLEW1818
4/23/2010, 08:47 PM
Dwade career in jeopardy

JLEW1818
4/23/2010, 08:51 PM
4 seed Boston up 3-0 on Miami. If you don't think Boston can beat the cavs you are freaking crazy, and on Lebron juice. I'm not saying they will win. But to say no chance, just plain dumb

yankee
4/23/2010, 11:52 PM
no chance! i'm dumb! omg!

Eielson
4/24/2010, 01:16 AM
Mavs never disappoint.

JLEW1818
4/24/2010, 08:26 AM
yah simmons is gonna be 0for3, and I'm gonna be 3for3

he thinks.

cavs win east, heat beat celtics, mavs beat lakers

i thought, magic win east, celtics beat heat, mavs don't win the west.

good call Simmons

JLEW1818
4/24/2010, 03:54 PM
Boston up 3-0
Orlando up 3-0

man i hope the bulls can beat the cavs tomorrow. make it go 6+

JLEW1818
4/25/2010, 03:10 PM
Miami lives to fight another day

yankee
4/25/2010, 05:33 PM
lebron hitting the pull up 3 pointer right in rose's face to end the 3rd quarter? :pop:

that's illegal in most states.

Scott D
4/25/2010, 07:27 PM
let's go ahead and predict the rest of this round in the thread

jlew "blah blah blah, lebron sucks blah blah"

eielson "blah blah *spooge* lakers *spooge* lakers kobe *spooge*"

yankee "you spooge too much over the overrated lakers"

jlew "lebron still won't get past the second round"

collier/scott d "you guys are all crazygonuts"

JLEW1818
4/25/2010, 07:34 PM
It will be boston in 6

or cavs in 7

Eielson
4/25/2010, 08:07 PM
eielson "blah blah *spooge* lakers *spooge* lakers kobe *spooge*"

Woah, woah, woah. Get Kobe out of there.

yankee
4/25/2010, 09:32 PM
i thought the mavs would be much better than this...pathetic showing, once again...but i don't mind, i can't stand the mavs. :D

Eielson
4/25/2010, 09:36 PM
One more game.

It's not a great idea to have faith in them, but feel free. Ignore history.

JLEW1818
4/25/2010, 09:46 PM
yah spurs in 6.

Scott D
4/25/2010, 09:48 PM
the mavs are to toughness and winning what lebron is to jlew ;)

JLEW1818
4/25/2010, 09:50 PM
the west is soooo much better than the east. 1 through 8

GrapevineSooner
4/26/2010, 04:14 PM
http://www.derrich.com/img/mavslogo_mlp2.jpg

Eielson
4/26/2010, 05:37 PM
That's really cute.

GrapevineSooner
4/26/2010, 05:46 PM
I can't take credit for it. Some Spurs fan created it in 2007.

I checked out on this series Friday night when Rick Carlisle played JJ Barea THE ENTIRE FREAKING SECOND HALF!!!

With Caron Butler and Roddy Beaubois' *** planted on the bench. It's almost as if Carlisle was trying to get fired with that move.

And don't even get me started on Ericka Dampier.

JLEW1818
4/26/2010, 09:29 PM
Orlando sweep!!! (the best team in the NBA right now)

ouleaf
4/27/2010, 09:45 AM
Huge Mavs fan here and I'll give the Spurs credit, they are playing their best basketball in about the last 2 years at just the right time. They are getting help from their bench, hitting big shots, playing good defense, and winning a lot of hustle plays. About the only time the Mavs have played well in this series is if Dirk is having a good game and getting his shots off or when they are able to run in transition the Spurs can't get set defensively.

Carlisle is getting out-coached badly and doesn't seem to have any options if Plans A and B don't work for him on a given night. You can't seriously expect that JJ Barea is good option for more than 12-14 minutes a night. He is a good change of pace and can get to the bucket, but if you have him out there 20 plus minutes he's going kill you defensively.

Dampier should never see the light of day unless it's to give Haywood a breather. Dampier is by far the most frustrating Mav since Shawn Bradley. He has the worst hands of anyone I've seen, has no offense to speak of, and is really nothing more than a space eater out there. Haywood needs to start tomorrow and get as many minutes as possible

Kidd has been out-classed this series as well. He's a great PG, but he just can't keep up with the faster PGs in the league like Tony Parker, Chris Paul, etc. His game and clock management hasn't been as high caliber as we all expect it would.

For game 5 I'd like to see a main Mavs lineup of Kidd, Terry, Butler, Dirk and Haywood. Maybe putting Terry in the starting lineup will help him find his shot. He's been as inconsistent as anyone, which isn't good when he's your 6th man. Off the bench I think Marion could provide a spark with energy, hustle, defense and rebounding. Would also like to see Roddy B get a few minutes just to see if he can ignite the offense. Would love to see DeShawn Stevenson make an appearance to have a chance at shutting down George Hill/Tony Parker or Manu. I realize he is a liability offensively, but these have been defensive games anyway. Stevenson can bring that toughness and attitude the Mavs have been missing and hopefully lock down on those guys. Why Carlisle has refused to use him up until this point is beyond me. Other than that, bring in Barea when Kidd needs a breather and the same with Damp for Haywood.

My Opinion Matters
4/27/2010, 09:56 AM
Orlando sweep!!! (the best team in the NBA right now)

Anyone that thinks a team with Vince Carter is going anywhere has never watched Vince Carter. Orlando was a better team with Turkoglu.

GrapevineSooner
4/27/2010, 10:14 AM
Huge Mavs fan here and I'll give the Spurs credit, they are playing their best basketball in about the last 2 years at just the right time. They are getting help from their bench, hitting big shots, playing good defense, and winning a lot of hustle plays. About the only time the Mavs have played well in this series is if Dirk is having a good game and getting his shots off or when they are able to run in transition the Spurs can't get set defensively.

Carlisle is getting out-coached badly and doesn't seem to have any options if Plans A and B don't work for him on a given night. You can't seriously expect that JJ Barea is good option for more than 12-14 minutes a night. He is a good change of pace and can get to the bucket, but if you have him out there 20 plus minutes he's going kill you defensively.

Dampier should never see the light of day unless it's to give Haywood a breather. Dampier is by far the most frustrating Mav since Shawn Bradley. He has the worst hands of anyone I've seen, has no offense to speak of, and is really nothing more than a space eater out there. Haywood needs to start tomorrow and get as many minutes as possible

Kidd has been out-classed this series as well. He's a great PG, but he just can't keep up with the faster PGs in the league like Tony Parker, Chris Paul, etc. His game and clock management hasn't been as high caliber as we all expect it would.

For game 5 I'd like to see a main Mavs lineup of Kidd, Terry, Butler, Dirk and Haywood. Maybe putting Terry in the starting lineup will help him find his shot. He's been as inconsistent as anyone, which isn't good when he's your 6th man. Off the bench I think Marion could provide a spark with energy, hustle, defense and rebounding. Would also like to see Roddy B get a few minutes just to see if he can ignite the offense. Would love to see DeShawn Stevenson make an appearance to have a chance at shutting down George Hill/Tony Parker or Manu. I realize he is a liability offensively, but these have been defensive games anyway. Stevenson can bring that toughness and attitude the Mavs have been missing and hopefully lock down on those guys. Why Carlisle has refused to use him up until this point is beyond me. Other than that, bring in Barea when Kidd needs a breather and the same with Damp for Haywood.

Several good points.

This morning, the Musers on The Ticket mentioned the number of times Carlisle has preached defense.

If he practiced what he preached, then why hasn't Deshawn Stevenson seen much of the light of day? Shortly after he was acquired, Carlisle stuck Stevenson on Kobe and shut him down.

When George Hill started to go off in the 3rd, I think Carlisle should have pulled him off the bench and put him on Hill to stem the tide.

StoopTroup
4/27/2010, 11:37 AM
Will the Thunder be able to beat LA in LA?

ouleaf
4/27/2010, 11:42 AM
Several good points.

This morning, the Musers on The Ticket mentioned the number of times Carlisle has preached defense.

If he practiced what he preached, then why hasn't Deshawn Stevenson seen much of the light of day? Shortly after he was acquired, Carlisle stuck Stevenson on Kobe and shut him down.

When George Hill started to go off in the 3rd, I think Carlisle should have pulled him off the bench and put him on Hill to stem the tide.

Yeah, everyone on the Ticket has been all over Carlisle and rightfully so. I'm not blaming the entire thing on him, a lot of it has to do with his guys getting out-played, but for him to go with the lineups he has for such extended periods of time doesn't make much sense at all. And that thug play by Najera was just ridiculous. I'm sure Carlisle had a say in that. Eddie wouldn't do something like that under normal circumstances.

For the Mavs to win game 5 it has to start with Dirk getting back to his All-Star self. If he's one-on-one with a big like Bonner/Duncan/McDyess then he needs to play face up to the basket and drive to bucket and make some shots or get to the line. If he has a smaller guy on him like Jefferson he needs to post them up, back to the basket and use that step back fade away that he is famous for. If they are gonna double team Dirk, then Marion, Butler, or who ever else is out there need to cut to basket and Dirk needs to look to pass to them or kick it out to Kidd/Barea and they can hit the cutter as they come through from the other wing.

Secondly, another scorer has to to make some shots when Dirk isn't in the game or they are focusing all their attention on him. Whether that is Terry, Butler, Roddy B, etc, you can't expect a lot out of Haywood, Marion, or Kidd offensively, so anything you get from them is just gravy. Terry or Butler have to knock down some shots or get to the line and take some of the pressure of Dirk.

Third, win the rebounding game. Don't give the Spurs second chances at baskets. If they miss the first time, they probably won't the second time around. It will also help lead to more transition game where the Spurs can't keep up as well with the Mavs.

It's sad to see the Mavs struggle like this, and really ever since the 2006 Finals. If they do get eliminated, it might be time to start looking at life without Dirk. He is great and a HOFer and I wish he could be a Mav forever, but at this point it's just not going to cut it with how competive the West is. Short of getting another elite player to pair with Dirk I just don't see a team centered around Dirk winning a championship here. We'll just be relegated to being a playoff contender every year and probably bounced after 1 or 2 series.

StoopTroup
4/27/2010, 11:48 AM
But what about the Thunder?

ouleaf
4/27/2010, 12:00 PM
But what about the Thunder?

Thunder have their own Forum.

I'm gonna go with the Lakers over the Thunder in game 5. Kobe is due to explode for a big night. I'd look for the Thunder to keep pace up until the 4th, but then Kobe has a monster 4th and pulls the Lakers ahead to win 104 - 92.

JLEW1818
4/27/2010, 01:01 PM
Anyone that thinks a team with Vince Carter is going anywhere has never watched Vince Carter. Orlando was a better team with Turkoglu.

anyone that thinks Lebron will win a NBA Finals game has not watched Lebron... :D

Scott D
4/27/2010, 03:13 PM
Dear Dallas Fan,

There's a reason Carlisle only lasted three seasons in Detroit. His inability to coach at crunch time.

Sincerely,

Joe Dumars

GrapevineSooner
4/27/2010, 04:14 PM
Joe Dumars,

And how the hell do you still have a job after tradining for Allen Iverson last year?

Sincerely,

Dallas Fan

Eielson
4/27/2010, 07:31 PM
Will the Thunder be able to beat LA in LA?

I'll give you a fact, and I'll let you pick what reasoning you want.

Games in LA:
Game 1: Thunder shoot 2 more free throws than Lakers
Game 2: Thunder shoot 1 more free throw than Lakers

Games in OKC:
Game 3: Thunder shoot 22 more free throws than Lakers
Game 4: Thunder shoot 20 more free throws than Lakers

I only see three reasons for why this happened.

A) OKC (or LA) changed their style of play and caused a drastic change in free throw shooting.

B) OKC refs are giving the Thunder a huge benefit.

C) LA refs are giving the Lakers a huge benefit.

If it's option A, the Thunder can, and likely will win in LA. If it's option B or C, the Thunder will likely win their game in OKC, but lose both games in LA.

yankee
4/27/2010, 07:39 PM

this.
all of this.

vinsanity sucks in the playoffs, that's a well known fact.

JLEW1818
4/27/2010, 07:47 PM
like his numbers suck or his leadership?

he has the same amount of NBA Final wins as Lebron does

Carter will have more after this season.

Carter does not have to be the guy. I rank Howard, Lewis, and Nelson over him. In terms of "importance" to the team.

yankee
4/27/2010, 07:56 PM

Carter does not have to be the guy. I rank Howard, Lewis, and Nelson over him. In terms of "importance" to the team.

have no idea about leadership skills, but he's known for tanking in the playoffs (unlike lebron).
also have no idea what this has to do with lebron's NBA finals wins. seriously, the obsession is unhealthy and slightly disturbing.

JLEW1818
4/27/2010, 08:01 PM
what has Lebron done in the playoffs besides stats? are we talking stats? or what?

are you saying Lebron James is a great postseason player?

again Vince Carter and Lebron James have the same amount of Rings. The same amount of Final Wins

yankee
4/27/2010, 08:32 PM
what has Lebron done in the playoffs besides stats? are we talking stats? or what? he's not only performed well in the playoffs, but he's led his team to the NBA finals, and a few eastern conference finals to boot. how many has the teams carter been on gone to the finals?

are you saying Lebron James is a great postseason player? yup.

again Vince Carter and Lebron James have the same amount of Rings. The same amount of Final Wins and again, not sure what this has to do with lebron.

bolded.

JLEW1818
4/27/2010, 08:42 PM
I've never once said Vince Carter is a great postseason player. but he is not "the guy" on the Magic.

there are 3 others before him.

Lebron had the best team in the NBA last season. why didn't they reach the finals? over a team who beat Boston in 7, without KG ??

Lebron has ZERO post season success. until he actually wins a Finals game, he has nothing in terms of postseason success. NONE ZERO

yankee
4/27/2010, 08:47 PM
I've never once said Vince Carter is a great postseason player. but he is not "the guy" on the Magic.

there are 3 others before him.

Lebron had the best team in the NBA last season. why didn't they reach the finals? over a team who beat Boston in 7, without KG ??

Lebron has ZERO post season success. until he actually wins a Finals game, he has nothing in terms of postseason success. NONE ZERO

hmmm, not sure that orlando brought him in to be the number 4 guy on their roster. they're more stupid than i thought if that's the case.

why didn't they win? the team that had been there for most of the year failed to show up. lebron showed up (see ridiculous performance in game 1 and the game winner in the 2nd game).

lebron has had some post-season success. not sure as much as he's hoped, but hopefully that changes this season.

JLEW1818
4/27/2010, 08:49 PM
it very well could change this season.

Brown does not get enough blame for last season. He made zero adjustments.

they typical person thinks "Howard was the reason" the cavs lost.

the real reason was Lewis and Turk. Dominating the outside.

My Opinion Matters
4/27/2010, 08:59 PM

See, here's the problem: Vince thinks he's the guy. Is he the 4th best player on that team? Probably. But guess who leads the Magic in field goals attempted? Vince Carter. Guess who ranks last on the Magic in FG%? Vince Carter. When it comes down to clutch time in a playoff game, Vince Carter is taking the shot that matters. If I'm a Magic fan, that fills me with dread.

Dwight Howard is a tremendous player. Best big man in the league. But he's not dangerous offensively. He just isn't. Just case in you're wondering, Dwight Howard is fourth, yes, fourth on the Magic in field goals attempted. It's a big problem when your best player, by far, is fourth on your team in shots.

yankee
4/27/2010, 08:59 PM

mike brown is a dumb *** of a coach.

howard was one of the reasons the cavs lost, hence the shaq acquisition. but you're right, he wasn't the sole reason. the cavs need to study what the bobcats did to keep howard out of the game. (HINT: DRIVE TO THE BASKET AND GET HOWARD IN FOUL TROUBLE!!). howard blocked a crap ton of shots, but in the end, that kept the bobcats in a few of the games.

now that hedo is gone, the magic sacrifice size on the outside. a 6'10 forward who can shoot the 3 and can run the offense like a point guard is a severe matchup problem. exactly why i agreed in my earlier post that carter does not bring the same positives that turk did. antawn jamison will give the cavs more size to combat the magic.

JLEW1818
4/27/2010, 09:01 PM
any team that sweeps somebody with their star player (Howard) basically being meaningless is pretty scary team. The Magic

The Celtics should take the cavs at least 7

My Opinion Matters
4/27/2010, 09:02 PM

The typical person is right then. Howard absolutely dominated the Cavs with defense and rebounding. The Cavs had Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Anderson Varejao guarding him. lol.

JLEW1818
4/27/2010, 09:03 PM
Lewis and Turk is what killed the cavs when it mattered. Having Mo Williams and D. West guard 6'10 players is hilarious

My Opinion Matters
4/27/2010, 09:03 PM
any team that sweeps somebody with their star player (Howard) basically being meaningless is pretty scary team. The Magic

The Celtics should take the cavs at least 7

Charlotte was not a very talented team. At all.

JLEW1818
4/27/2010, 09:04 PM
Charlotte was not a very talented team. At all.

they are better than Chicago. Why can't Cleveland sweep the bulls?

JLEW1818
4/27/2010, 09:05 PM
The Bobcats beat Cleveland 3 times this season.

they must be horrible

My Opinion Matters
4/27/2010, 09:05 PM
Lewis and Turk is what killed the cavs when it mattered. Having Mo Williams and D. West guard 6'10 players is hilarious

Turkoglu is gone, and Lewis often lines up at the 4 for the Magic, so I'm not sure how you expect that to have any affect on a matchup with the Cavs this year.

My Opinion Matters
4/27/2010, 09:06 PM
they are better than Chicago. Why can't Cleveland sweep the bulls?

Chicago has talent. They're just a joke of an organization.

JLEW1818
4/27/2010, 09:09 PM
Turkoglu is gone, and Lewis often lines up at the 4 for the Magic, so I'm not sure how you expect that to have any affect on a matchup with the Cavs this year.

I'm speaking off of last year. This year the cavs match up a lot better

JLEW1818
4/27/2010, 09:12 PM
D. Rose is scary.

GrapevineSooner
4/27/2010, 11:05 PM
Less Damp, less Damp, less Damp.

ouleaf
4/28/2010, 12:11 PM
Less Damp, less Damp, less Damp.

AMEN!!!! Don't even let him warm-up next game

Scott D
4/28/2010, 04:21 PM
Joe Dumars,

And how the hell do you still have a job after tradining for Allen Iverson last year?

Sincerely,

Dallas Fan

Dear Dallas Fan,

I have my doubts that one of the NBA's oldest franchises will remain in Detroit. I have no trust in the family of the late Bill Davidson, and the fact that Tom Wilson jumped ship to join the Ilitch family, which means a new arena for the Red Wings in the near future just solidifies my belief in that position.

Sincerely,

Detroit Fan

JLEW1818
4/29/2010, 08:04 PM
good call on the mavs, who ever picked them and said they were a great team... yet another epic choke for dallas

*****uh o , mavs still alive?

bri
4/29/2010, 10:25 PM
Can we put the myth of Dallas as legitimate title contenders out to pasture once and for all? This is three first-round exits in the past four seasons; their window has closed and all they have to show for it is some four-star choking.

Curly Bill
4/29/2010, 10:32 PM
I'm a Dallas fan, and I haven't seen them as legit contenders since they choked against, and were screwed by the officials against, Miami in the finals.

Curly Bill
4/29/2010, 10:34 PM
I'm a Dallas fan, and I haven't seen them as legit contenders since they choked against, and were screwed by the officials against, Miami in the finals.

It is already close whether I'm more of a Mavericks, or a Thunder fan. I think I'm tipping more and more to the Thunder side of things. :D

bri
4/29/2010, 11:09 PM
I hear ya. I got recruited to being a Mavs fan back in '04 or so since I didn't have "a team of my own". As soon as we got the Thunder, the Mavs dropped to second in my book.

GrapevineSooner
4/30/2010, 09:37 AM
Well, I'm born and bred and Dallas. They were THE first favorite team of my life.

I can't bail on them, no matter how bleak things look.

Sooner04
4/30/2010, 10:19 AM
Well, I'm born and bred and Dallas. They were THE first favorite team of my life.

I can't bail on them, no matter how bleak things look.
Good for you. It makes up for the fact that you have 22 different MLB teams you pull for from time to time.

:)

GO SONICS!

NormanPride
4/30/2010, 10:47 AM
I will always consider the Mavs the NBA champs of 2006. It's too bad the NBA called down and said "Give it to D-Wade".

I'm glad my Spurs won, and I always love tough-fought series with the Mavs, but now we have to play Pahoenicks and I fuggin' hate them.

Sooner04
4/30/2010, 10:49 AM
The Suns are my team of choice now since the Sonics are currently in mothballs. Gotta love the fast-break brand of ball played by the boys in Phoenix.

Unfortunately, they usually turn to stone at the sight of San Antonio.

NormanPride
4/30/2010, 11:03 AM
It's because they're usually too busy whining that playing defense is mean.

Sooner04
4/30/2010, 11:10 AM
I wouldn't call what the Spurs play to be "defense". It's ugly.

ouleaf
4/30/2010, 11:20 AM
Another brutal series loss after another grueling season where they aren't getting any younger. You can't help but feel bad for Dirk. He had a great series, he just didn't get a lot of help throughout it. I had hope that the Mavs could force a game 7, but I knew it wasn't very likely. The Spurs are not your normal 7 seed in that not many 7 seeds have at least 3 HOFers that have won multiple championships together. The Spurs unquestionably deserved to win the series. They played tougher defense, they made shots, they got help from their bench. Everything you need to win in the playoffs basically, the Spurs did it.

I was glad the Mavs at least showed some guts and made a big run to get back into it after such an awful first quarter. That was probably the only positive they could take from last night. Where the Mavs go from here, I'm not sure. While all the buzz will be whether Dirk wants to move on from the Mavs or not, I'm pretty sure Dirk will be around next year. He'd be foolish to give up the $21MM he's due and likely wouldn't get anything close to that if he went elsewhere. Plus I think he is a pretty loyal guy and would like to finish his career as a Mav.

For next season, first things first would be to re-sign Haywood no matter what. Dampier's ridiculous contract comes off the books so that should free up some room to pay Haywood and look for another backup. Butler is still on the books for another year which is good. Roddy B is also under contract for nothing salary-wise which is good. Those 3 and Dirk are about the only guys I would absolutely say I want back on the team next season.

The problem however with the Mavs remaining roster is that a lot of them are still tied up in some bad contracts. Terry is on the books for big money at least 1 more year, and as great a guy he has been for the team, I think it's time to part ways with JET. His inconsistency on offense and liability on defense this post-season makes it hard to justify keeping him around, but unfortunately we may have to if we can't trade him.

Kidd is on the books for 2 more years, and while not making nearly the money he once was it's still a pretty hefty 8-9 million per year. There is no doubt he is still a good PG, but when he goes up against the elite PG's he looks average at best. My biggest problem is that he doesn't seem to want to take the ball to the basket unless it is on a fast break. That is the one thing I miss about Devin Harris is that Harris could get it to the basket and either score or find the open man.

Marion is on the books for longer than anyone at this point until the 2012-13 season. I like Marion and the guy can still lock down on a guy defensively, but any semblance of the offensive game he had with the Suns is long gone. He'll be around next year for sure, so hopefully he can work on his offense this summer, b/c he is a liability offensively unless he is getting a fast break layup or dunk.

Even the bottom of their bench is tied up in bad contracts. Carrol due a ridiculous $4MM per year for at least 2 more years, Stevenson most likely due $4MM with a player option for next year. Eddie has 2 years left at about $3MM per year, but I don't think those 2 years are guaranteed, so it'll be interesting to see if the Mavs stick with him. It will also be interesting to see if they bring back Barea as well, as a lot of his minutes next year will go to Roddy B.

Finally, another hot topic of conversation is going to be Carlisle. I do like Carlisle as a coach. I think he just got out-coached this series and it didn't help that his guys didn't play well either. I think his stubborness did hurt him this series, but overall I thought he did a good job this season. I'd be willing to give him another shot next year and see what he can do and see if he learned from this past series with the Spurs.

Overall I don't see the Mavs being able to do a whole lot to change up their roster over the offseason, unless Cuban wants to take on another big contract and pay a bunch in luxury taxes in a sign and trade, or Dirk decides to jump ship. I would love to see the Mavs make a run at Amar'e, but I just don't think that is in the cards.

It looks like the Summer of 2011 the Mavs would be more likely to have room to sign a big free agent or two if they are any available. Other than that, I'd say the team in it's present state will pretty much be the team we see next season minus Dampier and possibly Barea and Eddie. With additions via Draft and maybe a free agent or two to fill backup roles.

bri
4/30/2010, 11:31 AM
Oof. Good luck with all that. :D

My Opinion Matters
4/30/2010, 12:48 PM
jlew, I will say this is setting up very nicely for the Magic. They'll likely get the Bucks in the next round after Atlanta is finished inexplicably choking away the series to a far less talented Bucks team.

JLEW1818
4/30/2010, 01:30 PM
jlew, I will say this is setting up very nicely for the Magic. They'll likely get the Bucks in the next round after Atlanta is finished inexplicably choking away the series to a far less talented Bucks team.

yah.

The thing with the cavs is they can be the best when they are their best.

However, i don't think they can beat the magic/celtics/lakers 12 times.....

I still like Lakers vs Magic

JLEW1818
5/1/2010, 02:34 PM
Boston Cavs Tonight

Eielson
5/1/2010, 08:17 PM
To yankee: HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Scott D
5/1/2010, 08:18 PM
yah.

good thing they only have to beat any of those teams 4 times and not 12 ;)

Eielson
5/1/2010, 08:18 PM
I'm picking Celtics. Who does everybody else have?

yankee
5/1/2010, 08:30 PM
To yankee: HAHAHAHAHAHA!

why?

yankee
5/1/2010, 09:42 PM
cavs take game 1. :cool:

JLEW1818
5/1/2010, 09:44 PM
Great game!!! Gonna be a great series.

Eielson
5/1/2010, 10:20 PM
why?

Probably something to do with the calling me a dumb**** and saying I don't watch basketball because I said the Mavs would choke.

yankee
5/1/2010, 10:42 PM
Probably something to do with the calling me a dumb**** and saying I don't watch basketball because I said the Mavs would choke.

i called you a dumb *** referring to the series that the mavs lost to the warriors, NOT that they would choke to the spurs. don't put words in my mouth.........dumb ***.

Eielson
5/2/2010, 12:32 AM
Whatever. I'm not going to argue with you. I'm just going to keep laughing at you. You'll probably pick the Mavs to do well in the playoffs next year, too.

JLEW1818
5/2/2010, 08:55 AM
Boston should be able to win 2
games. They must win game 2.

Collier11
5/2/2010, 12:17 PM
Boston isnt winning game 2, they had their shot in game 1 and blew their load, they have to win game 3 or this is over quick

Collier11
5/2/2010, 12:19 PM
yah.

I dont know if the Lakers will even make it to the Finals but regardless, I have the East winner winning the Title this year

JLEW1818
5/2/2010, 02:36 PM
I don't think the Magic can beat the Lakers. I don't think the Cavs can beat the Magic.

I don't think anybody in the West can beat the Lakers 4 times.

yankee
5/2/2010, 02:37 PM
You'll probably pick the Mavs to do well in the playoffs next year, too.

it depends on the matchup.

yankee
5/2/2010, 02:39 PM
I don't think the Magic can beat the Lakers. I don't think the Cavs can beat the Magic.

I don't think anybody in the West can beat the Lakers 4 times.

utah getting kirilenko back really helps them, because he's an outstanding defender and will match up on kobe. outside of that...the lakers have a ridiculous advantage in the paint, more so than against the thunder. fesenko is nothing but a foul waiting to happen and while boozer and millsap are very good, they're both undersized. of course, bynum is injured (which i predicted would affect the lakers), so that takes away some of the edge. will be interesting to watch the matchups over the course of this series.

JLEW1818
5/2/2010, 02:42 PM
when is the last time that Utah has won in LA? I saw the stat the other night.. some ridiculous number.

and i don't think Phil has ever lost a series when winning game 1? I'd say game 1 is the biggest game of the series in that case.

JLEW1818
5/2/2010, 07:32 PM
Well history now shows that the lakers and phil won't lose this series. Lakers in 5.

So bring on the suns/spurs....

Who has the better chance to beat LA? The speed, or experience?

Collier11
5/2/2010, 08:20 PM
Id go Spurs but I think the Suns could play them well, btw, I think Utah still has a better shot of beating The Lakers than The Celtics do of beating the Cavs

JLEW1818
5/2/2010, 08:45 PM
44-0 Phil Jackson's series record when his teams win Game 1

The last time the Utah Jazz won in L.A. was January 1, 2006

Collier11
5/2/2010, 08:55 PM
and...the past is the past, the Lakers were a few shots in game 2 and game 6 from getting beat by the 8 seed. This Lakers team isnt as good as most of Phils playoff teams, id be shocked if they won it all, I think Either Cleveland or Orlando is better than they are

JLEW1818
5/2/2010, 09:32 PM
just remember the Rockets took the world champions 7 games last year. The same team that didn't have Tmac or Yao for the most part of the series.

regardless of peoples thoughts on tmac, the rockets took the lakers 7 games without their 2 best players..

The Lakers later destroyed Denver in 6, then destroyed the Magic in 5, who destroyed Cleveland.

what I'm getting at for the 10395302573890 time, is the playoffs is all about matchups and experience.

It is still LA's title to lose. not Lebron/Howard's to win

Collier11
5/2/2010, 09:40 PM
They arent as good as last yr, Kobe isnt healthy, I dont think they will win it

JLEW1818
5/2/2010, 09:43 PM
just kinda one of those things " i won't believe it till i see it"

Phil only wins 3 Peats. (right now this is 1 of ?)

he has three 3 peats .. and 2008-09

Lebron has not won a finals game yet.

My money is still on LA. But i would prefer the Magic to win

i guess it was game 5? If Gasol and Bynum play like that. the lakers are unbeatable

Collier11
5/2/2010, 09:44 PM
MJ won his 1st title in year 7, Lebron is in year 7 :D

yankee
5/2/2010, 09:44 PM
what I'm getting at for the 10395302573890 time, is the playoffs is all about matchups...

that's not possible.

signed,

eielson

JLEW1818
5/2/2010, 09:47 PM
my thing with the cavs is, yah Lebron is gonna do his part... but is their coach good enough to win a title??? does it matter?? idk

finally somebody else won a playoff game for the cavs, not named Lebron.

Mo Williams. without him they lose game 1 to boston. (obviously u could say without lebron they lose too). But what I'm getting at is, they have to have somebody like that every game, that steps up like Mo did.

Right now i say there is 35% chance that the cavs win the title. which is not a bad chance at all.

yankee
5/2/2010, 09:50 PM
finally somebody else won a playoff game for the cavs, not named Lebron.

and THAT'S why i think this is the cavs year....they have the pieces in place so that other guys can step up and play big when lebron doesn't (or does, in this case).

JLEW1818
5/2/2010, 09:51 PM
it's a long journey for any team to win.

right now i gotta say, i don't like the cavs path.... Boston, Magic, LA

if they do get past all that and win a title. my mouth is shut for ever on Lebron.

Collier11
5/2/2010, 09:53 PM
Mike Brown has been the question mark for a few years now

Eielson
5/2/2010, 11:50 PM
that's not possible.

signed,

eielson

Poor Mavs. They get bad "match-ups" every year.

Collier11
5/2/2010, 11:59 PM
The Mavs issue is that they are soft and Dirk only shows up in the playoffs sometimes

GrapevineSooner
5/3/2010, 08:09 AM
Thank you generic basketball guy. ;)

Junior Miller, noted Spurs fan and Ticket host in Dallas, goes into a little more detail (http://juniormiller1310.blogspot.com/2010/05/mavericks-paradox-their-greatest-asset.html).

What Dirk gives you on the offensive end (and even that can be somewhat limited, as we'll get to in a moment), he also takes away on the defensive end and in the leadership department. He presents a real challenge for a franchise that tries to build around him--can you win a title when your best player is your worst defender? And not just your worst defender--he's a guy who plays power forward, which is traditionally a very important defensive position. Practically every NBA champ has had a power forward who was able to get down and dirty--able to defend the rim, clean the glass, play good/great man to man defense, and be an enforcer. Sometimes you can get away with an average defender at power forward and still win a title, but you better have Russell or Kareem or Shaq as your big man, not Haywood and Dampier.

The biggest issue? Dirk is a small forward in a power forward's frame.

Every year in the playoffs, games turn into a layup drill for the Dallas opponent. Why? One big reason is because the Mavs have a 7 foot power forward who plays like a 6'8 small forward. Let's face it--Dallas would be a considerably better team if Dirk had stopped growing at 6'8. That would allow him the ability to play the 3 (the position that his game his designed for), and the Mavs could go and get a true power forward to play alongside the center of their choice--greatly fortifying thier interior defense. We all get upset with Haywood and Dampier for not protecting the rim enough, but consider their plight: they have no power forward to help them. Even a great defender like Duncan has struggled to control the paint without a Robinson or Horry or other long defender to help.

Can't argue with any of that. At the same time, the power forwards who could help cover up Dirk's weakness are very few and far between.

And you can't start over because players like Dirk are even fewer and farther between.

So I'm going to enjoy every regular season he plays in Dallas...and then stop watching once the playoffs start. :)

bri
5/3/2010, 08:47 AM
And you can't start over because players like Dirk are even fewer and farther between.

Nonsense; there's plenty of guys who can score, but not defend. :D

ouleaf
5/3/2010, 09:05 AM
yeah, listened to the Musers on the way in to work, and Junior was going over basically what he said in his blog. He brought up a good point that your best player can't be your worst defender. As great as Dirk is offensively, short of him swatting the ball away out of someones hands or the occasional block on a smaller player, he doesn't offer much help in the way of defense. He's especially vulnerable if when someone driving to the basket. Then he is of almost no help on defense, as he usually avoids trying to block or alter the shot or even take a charge.

Dirk has been the constant in this run of 10 seasons with 50+ wins. While he's never had a dominant center paired with him, he has had plenty of good players that have included All-Stars and future HOFers. He's had multiple coaches. Maybe if Dirk had the likes of a Ben Wallace in his prime, or a David Robinson, etc., the Mavs would have been able to win at least one title.

I say short of the Cuban digging deep into his pockets and bringing in an elite player this Summer, the Dirk as your center-piece formula is not going to result in a title unfortunately.

JLEW1818
5/3/2010, 12:57 PM
game 2, celtics cavs tonight.

game 3 won't be till Friday.

Collier11
5/3/2010, 03:13 PM
makes perfect sense doesnt it

JLEW1818
5/3/2010, 08:52 PM
WTF is jameison doing on D? Good lord.

Collier11
5/3/2010, 08:53 PM
not playing any?

Collier11
5/3/2010, 08:54 PM
The Celts were alot like the Spurs, lots of ppl saying they were too old and didnt have enough gas in the tank but there is alot to be said for having pride and stepping up when you need to. The Celts are as dangerous as anyone right now

JLEW1818
5/3/2010, 08:58 PM
Mike Brown sucks. Lol

yankee
5/3/2010, 09:05 PM
Mike Brown sucks. Lol

i wanna pull my eyes out watching him coach. he doesn't deserve to win an NBA finals.

JLEW1818
5/3/2010, 09:08 PM
Sorry to all, but I've never seen a "championship" team lose like this at home.... What will the excuse be for lebron??? The MVP trophy distraction??

Collier11
5/3/2010, 09:08 PM
they keep playing like this and they wont even make it out of this rd

Collier11
5/3/2010, 09:09 PM
Sorry to all, but I've never seen a "championship" team lose like this at home.... What will the excuse be for lebron??? The MVP trophy distraction??

You keep putting this all on Lebron, this team didnt show up tonight thus far

JLEW1818
5/3/2010, 09:12 PM
Just seems lebrons "team" never show up when it matters... Who knows... Boston **** is falling.

Eielson
5/3/2010, 09:15 PM
he doesn't deserve to win an NBA finals.

Don't worry. He won't.

Collier11
5/3/2010, 09:19 PM
Just seems lebrons "team" never show up when it matters... Who knows... Boston **** is falling.

They look like dog sh*t tonight, not much better in the game 1 win. Id be worried if I was a Cavs fan

JLEW1818
5/3/2010, 09:24 PM
Why the **** is lebron still in the game?? Does Brown think this is game 7?

Collier11
5/3/2010, 09:25 PM
Especially if he is really hurt, why risk making it worse?

JLEW1818
5/3/2010, 09:29 PM
Brown should be fired and shot on the spot, if he gets hurt.

yankee
5/3/2010, 09:35 PM
where was this kind of play for the first 3 quarters??? :rolleyes:

JLEW1818
5/3/2010, 09:38 PM
This could be the biggest choke ever if boston blows this

yankee
5/3/2010, 09:40 PM
lol refs helping the home team, what a surprise.

JLEW1818
5/3/2010, 09:46 PM
Lebrons arm is hurt. Idk why he is not saying anything.

Collier11
5/3/2010, 11:16 PM
cus in the playoffs you play hurt, he isnt the type of player who will hurt his team by playing hurt

Eielson
5/3/2010, 11:21 PM
Did anybody see Mike Brown's response to if he was surprised by Mo Williams' dunk? It makes AI's "we talking practice" speech look like pure genius.

Eielson
5/3/2010, 11:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPb2nZPxffU

yankee
5/4/2010, 01:46 AM
hahahahahahaha

Sooner04
5/4/2010, 09:05 AM
http://www.octhebeach.com/images-things/sunrise-c.jpg

JLEW1818
5/4/2010, 10:55 AM
Lebron James might be the only cav starter that would start for Orlando and Boston

Collier11
5/4/2010, 12:54 PM
But I thought you said Jlew that Lebrons team was legit and Cavs fans couldnt use that excuse anymore, now you are admitting it? Btw, Jamison probably could, other than that, no

JLEW1818
5/4/2010, 01:18 PM
thats coming from Collin Cowherd. meant to put a quote on it... on iphone

they have had the best team/record during the regular season the last 2 seasons.

some people think that is what only matters.

Playoffs are about matchups and leadership. Lebron has yet to lead his team to a championship. As I've said before, it won't be this year either.

I think his team is good enough. They just don't show up at times it seems.

I think the lack of chemistry is underestimated. they bring in Jamison mid-season and expect things to just click in the playoffs.

The cavs are good enough to win a title. I just choose not to choose them to win the east. 90% of sports fans prob picked the cavs. The cavs losing is no surprise to me.

i guess not many people know playoff basketball. I do

Lebron/Cavs look like idiots b/c of the people that already crown them before they win.

Collier11
5/4/2010, 01:30 PM
Like ive said all along, I think the Cavs are the best team in the East but I also think that whoever comes out of the east Cle/Bos/Orl will win it all

JLEW1818
5/4/2010, 05:36 PM
Gun to the head? I'm still taking the Lakers, at this point.

Collier11
5/4/2010, 07:59 PM
nah, not a Cavs fan, just thought they were the best

JLEW1818
5/4/2010, 08:50 PM
Orlando up 41 after 3

Eielson
5/4/2010, 08:53 PM

Would I look dumb if I said I didn't get it?

JLEW1818
5/4/2010, 08:54 PM
"Lebron's elbow is hurt"

yet he still makes his lame blocks off the backboard with his hurt arm...

got listen to Bill Simmons BS report today. Ric Bucher absolutely rips Simmons to pieces.

Sooner04
5/5/2010, 10:56 PM

JLEW1818
5/6/2010, 08:55 PM
Vince Carter is the best 3rd maybe 4th option in the NBA, (for the Orlando Magic)

he can be great when he is that guy

Eielson
5/6/2010, 09:01 PM

Does this have something to do with the Suns?! WHAT IS IT?!?!?!

JLEW1818
5/6/2010, 09:12 PM
J. Nelson

wow, underrated

he can compete with Paul and D. Williams, and Nash

stoops the eternal pimp
5/7/2010, 08:29 AM
Vince Carter is the best 3rd maybe 4th option in the NBA, (for the Orlando Magic)

he can be great when he is that guy

and he is 1st team all NBA phoning-it-in team also in crunch time

Eielson
5/7/2010, 02:39 PM

In what sport?

My Opinion Matters
5/7/2010, 02:52 PM
Yeah, Jameer Nelson is a nice player and everything, but he's not on Rajon Rondo's level, much less Deron Williams or Steve Nash.

yankee
5/7/2010, 05:21 PM
J. Nelson

lulz.

JLEW1818
5/7/2010, 06:05 PM
he is not as good, but not far behind. only getting better.

yankee
5/7/2010, 08:36 PM
he is not as good, but not far behind. only getting better.

he is getting better, but i'd say williams, paul, nash, rose, billups, and westbrook are all better PG's than nelson.

JLEW1818
5/7/2010, 10:22 PM
Lebron and Mike Brown take a step forward tonight. Biggest win in both of their young careers.

My Opinion Matters
5/8/2010, 11:49 AM
Goran Dragic!

yankee
5/8/2010, 12:53 PM
Goran Dragic!

that was a ridiculous performance. hats off to that kid, what a quarter! :pop:

Eielson
5/8/2010, 01:12 PM
Lebron and Mike Brown take a step forward tonight. Biggest win in both of their young careers.

No. The Detroit thing was bigger.

JLEW1818
5/8/2010, 01:27 PM
Good point. This is big as well. The winner of the east actually has a chance against LA. When the cavs went they had no shot at the spurs. Nethier did Detroit.

So I guess it's a lil different.

Any chance Boston wins game 4? If so this series is weird. Haha

GrapevineSooner
5/8/2010, 04:43 PM
Sorry.

But the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs are 1,000 times better. At least in my opinion.

Helps that I've got a dog in this hunt in the from of the Chicago Blackhawks. ;)

JLEW1818
5/8/2010, 04:58 PM
Magic looking to go up 3-0

My Opinion Matters
5/8/2010, 05:22 PM
that was a ridiculous performance. hats off to that kid, what a quarter! :pop:

I don't remember ever seeing such a dominating performance from such an obscure player.

tommieharris91
5/8/2010, 05:30 PM
Sorry.

But the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs are 1,000 times better. At least in my opinion.

Helps that I've got a dog in this hunt in the from of the Chicago Blackhawks. ;)

I think Luongo is in the fetal position. :D

silverwheels
5/8/2010, 06:00 PM
When is Luongo not in the fetal position in high-pressure games?

yankee
5/8/2010, 09:50 PM
Sorry.

still feel that way if you happened to catch tonight's utah/la game?

GrapevineSooner
5/9/2010, 09:57 AM
still feel that way if you happened to catch tonight's utah/la game?

Didn't watch. But I'll still raise you a Detroit-San Jose game FTW. :D

Sorry Scott.

JLEW1818
5/9/2010, 12:11 PM
Dating back to 1980, the only team to Win the Championship coming out of the West is Lakers, Spurs, and Rockets.

That's insane.

so i guess I'm kinda saying only 3 West Organizations have won the finals in the last 30 years.

My Opinion Matters
5/9/2010, 01:06 PM
Dating back to 1980, the only team to Win the Championship coming out of the West is Lakers, Spurs, and Rockets.

That's insane.

so i guess I'm kinda saying only 3 West Organizations have won the finals in the last 30 years.

There's only been 7 franchises total to win an NBA championship since 1983, with the Miami Heat being the oddball of the group.

GrapevineSooner
5/9/2010, 02:25 PM
There's only been 7 franchises total to win an NBA championship since 1983, with the Miami Heat being the oddball of the group.

Conversely...

6 different Western Conference/Campbell Conference teams and 12 different NHL teams have won Stanley Cups...

18 different baseball teams have won the World Series...

15 different NFL teams...have won championships over the same timespan.

yankee
5/9/2010, 02:36 PM
i feel like this cavs/celts game is going to be much closer than the last one...i'd say within 10 points either way. we'll see.

JLEW1818
5/9/2010, 04:09 PM
this cavs celtics series is great

JLEW1818
5/9/2010, 05:36 PM
Boston takes cavs at least 6 now. All I wanted them to do.

So does Boston have a better chance to win game 5 or 7? Assuming they win game 6?

Sooner04
5/10/2010, 08:48 AM

JLEW1818
5/10/2010, 08:31 PM
I can't see the Celtics/Cavs beat the Magic 4 times

Eielson
5/10/2010, 11:05 PM
http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/california/images/s/california-lake-tahoe.jpg

Scott D
5/11/2010, 08:38 PM
Didn't watch. But I'll still raise you a Detroit-San Jose game FTW. :D

Sorry Scott.

I already had my say about the NBA officiating that has taken place and will continue to take place in this NHL post season.

****ing sad when I'm wishing Kerry Fraser wasn't retiring this year.

yankee
5/11/2010, 09:06 PM
jlew, if the cavs lose this game (looking like they will), and then lose the series, that's a double offering of crow i get to eat. i haven't given up on lebron, but i've given up on the cavs.

JLEW1818
5/11/2010, 09:10 PM
I'm not trying to throw it in anybody's face.

i just never thought the cavs were a great playoff team.

Cleveland, i repeat Cleveland. is not Lebrons place.... don't fight it.

yankee
5/11/2010, 09:11 PM
I'm not trying to throw it in anybody's face.

i just never thought the cavs were a great playoff team.

i know. but i was pretty damn certain the cavs were going to walk all over the celtics. boy, was i wrong.

JLEW1818
5/11/2010, 09:14 PM
well in my eyes it was a coin flip...

i always go with the experience. playoffs = matchups

and the fact that Lebron has never won a Finals game. Sure he is young... but I'm gonna play that stat until he wins one...

Eielson
5/11/2010, 09:16 PM
Go Mavs! Go Cavs!

JLEW1818
5/11/2010, 09:26 PM
Lebron is soooooooooooooooooooooooo gone. sooooooo gone.

My Opinion Matters
5/12/2010, 09:08 AM
Lebron has no one to blame but himself.

JLEW1818
5/12/2010, 01:13 PM
yep, played horrible.

again when his drive to the basket game is over... i don't see him being a great shooter

yankee
5/12/2010, 02:21 PM
anyone see his post-game comments? came off as a pr*ck to me...dude needs to buckle down and bring it next game.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/12/2010, 02:24 PM
MJ, Kobe, the all time greats are/were driven by winning championships..seems lebron just wants to make his money

Collier11
5/12/2010, 04:02 PM
If they go out in Game 6 in Boston, we better find out that Lebron has a torn ligament in his elbow or this playoff performance is embarrassing

Scott D
5/12/2010, 07:21 PM
As someone put it today, if LeBron is injured, then Kobe is a walking MASH patient.

Collier11
5/12/2010, 07:52 PM
If he had a torn elbow ligament that is quite different

Scott D
5/12/2010, 08:10 PM
once again, we're comparing it to Bryant's myriad of injuries at the current time.

Collier11
5/12/2010, 08:15 PM
I dont buy it, like I said if it is a torn ligament then thats a huge deal compared to what Kobe is dealing with. If it is anything less, Lebron has some splainin to do

JLEW1818
5/12/2010, 09:48 PM
his hurt drive to the basket game is already showing how un-great he is when that game is over.

;)

Collier11
5/12/2010, 10:46 PM
Cowherd made an interesting point tonight, im not saying I agree but it was interesting. He says that Lebron was making a point that if his teammates arent gonna care enough to pick up their games then he isnt either. Gave examples of times when Kobe and Jordan did this as well...Id say game 5 of a tied up series is a tough time to make a point though

Eielson
5/12/2010, 11:15 PM
I'm pretty sure that's wrong.

Collier11
5/12/2010, 11:37 PM
Like I said, making a point in the playoffs is one thing, doing it in game 5 of a tied up series wouldnt make any sense at all

Sooner04
5/13/2010, 08:59 AM
Collier, you are reaching a bit if you're taking points from Colin Cowherd.

I'm sure LeBron is dinged up. Well, tough ****. I saw Isiah once go for 25 on a badly sprained ankle. IN ONE QUARTER!