JLEW1818
5/30/2010, 11:59 AM
Lakers open up as a 5.5 point fav for game 1

FYI

Eielson
5/30/2010, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I totally missed the boat on that one. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your honesty.

Cavs will win the East, barring catastrophic injury to James or O'Neal.

Collier11
5/31/2010, 08:23 AM
The Cavs just weren't functional in the playoffs, I shoulda known better than to go with a Mike Brown coached team

Collier11
5/31/2010, 08:31 AM
i'll take you up on that. cavs over magic. best cavs team ever assembled around lebron. no excuses this year. and boston doesn't have a chance in hell of beating the cavs. are you out of your mind? hell, tons of people aren't even predicting them getting past the heat.

5, 6 at most.

fify.

no, the CAVALIERS are the best they've been, as far as i can recall...they have no excuses.

you must not have played basketball as a little kid...because the TEAM concept continues to escape your vocabulary. lebron james cannot win the east by himself. that's why i needed to correct your post. just wanted to clear this up before hand.

cavs have mo williams and antawn jamison in case you forgot. and shaq. and the cavs bench is so much deeper than boston's, it's not even funny. boston is washed up and banged up. their defense is the only reason why they might win a game or two.

mavs are a VERY dangerous team...it would not surprise me to see them or the nuggets take out probably the weakest LA team in years.

mavs have been to the finals, and it's the best team assembled around dirk ever.

what am i talking about? i'm talking about a team that has an injured kobe bryant that has seemingly can't shoot a jumper anymore. an old point guard that's getting consistently beat off the dribble. a center that can't stay healthy, and his health remains a huge concern despite him being on the court the other night. couple in a weak bench, and that's not the same lakers team from a year ago. hope we're on the same page now.

here's a big clue. they're not playing the warriors who were the worst of matchups possible. so throw out that dumb *** of an argument. completely useless.

kobe can hit jumpers? thanks. didn't know. but he's proven he can't do it with a bum knee and a broken index finger (see last few weeks). if you weren't such a dip **** and actually followed basketball you'd see that.

much of the lakers sucess relies on bynum and artest. bynum not being healthy greatly reduces their chances and hurts them inside. artest has not adjusted to the triangle offense at all and besides his offense, remains a liability.

by the way, i never compared this team to the pre-pau years. but try again. thanks for playing.

i'm pretty sure you don't watch basketball.

you are so ****ing welcome!

Man, wow...Ive been wrong many a time and I was definitely wrong about the Cavs this year but I dont think myself or anyone has ever said this many incorrect statements with so much force in one thread. And this is just the 1st three pages :D

Collier11
5/31/2010, 08:39 AM
ill be rooting for the Eastern Conf representative, thats all I know

Looks like im a Boston fan dammit, stupid Kobe

Collier11
5/31/2010, 08:44 AM
In 08' every game was decided by 10 or less until the deciding game blowout in gm 6...Im expecting more of the same, should be a good defensive series

My Opinion Matters
5/31/2010, 08:55 AM
Thanks for your honesty.

Next time quote the entire post, you twat.

JLEW1818
5/31/2010, 09:19 AM
Man, wow...Ive been wrong many a time and I was definitely wrong about the Cavs this year but I dont think myself or anyone has ever said this many incorrect statements with so much force in one thread. And this is just the 1st three pages :D

yah that is the most fail that i've seen in some time now.

Collier11
5/31/2010, 09:21 AM
Mike Brown Fail

JLEW1818
5/31/2010, 09:22 AM
I think the series comes down to the bench. I don't like the Lakers bench, compared to the Celtics.

Collier11
5/31/2010, 09:24 AM
Honestly, as silly as it sounds I think Rasheed is a BIG factor

JLEW1818
5/31/2010, 09:26 AM
oh for sure. I think it is fair to say that Ron Artest and R. Wallace are huge factors. One of them will do something special at some point. And one will screw their team.

Collier11
5/31/2010, 09:27 AM
or completely retarded :D

Collier11
5/31/2010, 09:28 AM
I say Adam Morrison hits 2 game winning shots in the series :eek:

:D

JLEW1818
5/31/2010, 09:28 AM
hahaha.

its a shame we wont see Kobe vs Lebron.

at least never in their "prime prime"

JLEW1818
5/31/2010, 09:29 AM
haha, Luke Walton.

Collier11
5/31/2010, 09:31 AM
hahaha.

its a shame we wont see Kobe vs Lebron.

at least never in their "prime prime"

Id say we have 2 more years, Kobe is on the down turn of his prime but I think he is still in it

Dick Vitale tweeted that Bron and Wade are staying in Cleveland and Miami

JLEW1818
5/31/2010, 09:33 AM
the only problem for that is Lebron will not get anybody in Cleve. Like seriously, they don't have money to sign another free agent. I mean they could do a sign and trade, but who do you really really really really want on the cavs? haha.

If he stays in Cleveland. We have probably seen as good as his team can be.

What i think happens. LA does a sign and trade with the raptors. Bynum + for Bosh.

Imagine that. I'd cry .

Collier11
5/31/2010, 09:35 AM
He apparently wants a coach that will run the triangle, interesting.

Id say best case scenario is they do a sign n trade, they probably have to get rid of Hickson and maybe Williams, wonder if they have any big expiring contracts that a team would take?

JLEW1818
5/31/2010, 09:37 AM
keep this website handy for this summer. Lots of idiots will pop off stuff how some team can sign somebody. Talks about each teams salaries for the next view years. Click any team.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

click on the knicks. its unreal how set up they are for 2 big names.

Collier11
5/31/2010, 09:38 AM
Jermaine and Tmac making top 5 money, lol

JLEW1818
5/31/2010, 09:39 AM
yep, click the team names.

JLEW1818
5/31/2010, 09:40 AM
the bulls could do something too

Collier11
5/31/2010, 09:40 AM
Man, Shaq is it for them as far as expiring this year and Delonte next year, they are kinda stuck it would appear

Collier11
5/31/2010, 09:42 AM
Bulls n Knicks have a ton coming off the books

Scott D
5/31/2010, 12:19 PM
I just want to say that the Mark Price/Brad Daugherty Cavs would have swept the Lebron Cavs...that is all.

Eielson
5/31/2010, 01:21 PM

In his defense, things started turn around on page 4:

no chance! i'm dumb! omg!

Eielson
5/31/2010, 01:25 PM
Next time quote the entire post, you twat.

What? You wanted the part about where you said it would take a miracle for the Celtics to be a contender?

JLEW1818
5/31/2010, 09:38 PM
good times.

My Opinion Matters
6/1/2010, 10:08 AM
What? You wanted the part about where you said it would take a miracle for the Celtics to be a contender?

Nice attempt to manipulate my words to suit your perspective, but I think anyone with the most elementary level of reading comprehension understood what my statement meant, so you're not fooling anyone. It's obvious you're still having trouble with it, so I'll make it easy for you: I didn't say it would "take a miracle" for the Celtics to win the East. As a matter of fact, I was giving the Celtics more of a chance in the East than just about anyone, anywhere. I said multiple times I didn't believe in the Magic and that I felt the only legitimate contenders in the East were the Cavs and the Celtics. But to pick the Celtics it would take a certain leap of faith to believe a team that a team that went 26-24 in the final 50 games of the regular season was going to "miraculously" come together at the exact right time and start playing to their potential against the toughest competition they had faced the entire season. So what was your point again? How are your picks looking? Oh, that's right, you didn't make any picks. It's much easier to sit on your high horse and dissect and criticize the predictions of others when you don't make any of your own, isn't it?

Eielson
6/1/2010, 01:13 PM
Nice attempt to manipulate my words to suit your perspective, but I think anyone with the most elementary level of reading comprehension understood what my statement meant, so you're not fooling anyone.

Let's revisit your quote.

Cavs will win the East, barring catastrophic injury to James or O'Neal. Unless Boston somehow miraculously pulls it together in the playoffs this year, there's not another legitimate contender in the East this year.

First sentence: "Cavs will win the East, barring catastrophic injury to James or O'Neal."

This says that the Cavs WILL win the East unless Shaq or Lebron gets catastrophically injured. It doesn't say might win, will likely win, probably will win, etc. It says WILL win.

Second sentence: "Unless Boston somehow miraculously pulls it together in the playoffs this year, there's not another legitimate contender in the East this year."

To correctly explain this quote, we must first define miraculous:

mi·rac·u·lous   [mi-rak-yuh-luhs]
–adjective
1. performed by or involving a supernatural power or agency: a miraculous cure.
2. of the nature of a miracle; marvelous.
3. having or seeming to have the power to work miracles: miraculous drugs.

So basically what you said is that it would take a miracle for the Celtics to legitimately be in contention. Now I'll give you credit; you didn't say any of the other teams had a chance even with a miracle. That's not what I was discussing, though. You said that it would take a miracle for Boston to contend. That's what miraculous means.

How are your picks looking? Oh, that's right, you didn't make any picks. It's much easier to sit on your high horse and dissect and criticize the predictions of others when you don't make any of your own, isn't it?

No predictions?

I correctly picked that the Mavs and Cavs would choke:

The only funnier pick than the Cavs winning it is the Mavs winning it.

Correctly picked Celtics over Cavs:

I'm picking Celtics. Who does everybody else have?

Correctly showed that it was almost a lock that Celtics or Lakers would win it all:

We've had 7 teams win championships over the last 30 years. Five teams have won 28 of the last 30. Staying on top really isn't a big deal. Only four championship teams over the last 30 years have failed to win 2 in three years. Looking at that information, there is an approximately 87% that the Lakers or Celtics win the championship.

I never officially said the Lakers would win it, but that is what I would have said if asked. I did however say that they would win the West. You responded saying that:

The Lakers winning it is pretty funny as well.

I will admit that the Celtics are capable of beating the Lakers. I still slightly favor the Lakers, but it wouldn't "take a miracle" for the Celtics to win.

My Opinion Matters
6/1/2010, 01:50 PM
Let's revisit your quote.

First sentence: "Cavs will win the East, barring catastrophic injury to James or O'Neal."

This says that the Cavs WILL win the East unless Shaq or Lebron gets catastrophically injured. It doesn't say might win, will likely win, probably will win, etc. It says WILL win.

Second sentence: "Unless Boston somehow miraculously pulls it together in the playoffs this year, there's not another legitimate contender in the East this year."

To correctly explain this quote, we must first define miraculous:

mi·rac·u·lous   [mi-rak-yuh-luhs]
–adjective
1. performed by or involving a supernatural power or agency: a miraculous cure.
2. of the nature of a miracle; marvelous.
3. having or seeming to have the power to work miracles: miraculous drugs.

So basically what you said is that it would take a miracle for the Celtics to legitimately be in contention. Now I'll give you credit; you didn't say any of the other teams had a chance even with a miracle. That's not what I was discussing, though. You said that it would take a miracle for Boston to contend. That's what miraculous means.

No predictions?

I correctly picked that the Mavs and Cavs would choke:

Correctly picked Celtics over Cavs:

Correctly showed that it was almost a lock that Celtics or Lakers would win it all:

I never officially said the Lakers would win it, but that is what I would have said if asked. I did however say that they would win the West. You responded saying that:

I will admit that the Celtics are capable of beating the Lakers. I still slightly favor the Lakers, but it wouldn't "take a miracle" for the Celtics to win.

Lol. Yes, let's isolate the first sentence and pretend it exists in a vacuum, in a universe where the sentence that directly follows it isn't there. That's solid ground to form an argument. If I can't manipulate the facts to support me, just pretend they don't exist!

I can see you're a disciple of the Leroy Lizard school of posting, so there's no sense debating the merits of a couple of contentious words in an off-the-cuff prediction I made weeks ago. If you wish to continue to chew your panties up in your girl parts over the inclusion of the word "miraculous", then so be it. Like I said before, any reasonable person can understand that I clearly didn't mean it would take an act of divine intervention for the Celtics to win the East. But go ahead and keep telling yourself that, I don't mind.

As for predicting the Mavs wouldn't win the West, way to go out on a limb there, chief. By the same manner of thinking, I predicted the Bucks wouldn't win the East. Woo! Look at me! I'm a genius!

Eielson
6/1/2010, 03:57 PM
Lol. Yes, let's isolate the first sentence and pretend it exists in a vacuum, in a universe where the sentence that directly follows it isn't there. That's solid ground to form an argument. If I can't manipulate the facts to support me, just pretend they don't exist!

I might go along with this "YOU'RE MAKING THIS ALL UP AND TWISTING MY WORDS!" argument if it weren't for the fact that I'm quoting you. You said it. Don't get mad at me for assuming that when you use a word, you're using the true meaning of the word. Sorry for assuming that by "miraculous" you meant "of the nature of a miracle" instead of "Celtics will beat the Cavs." I can't read your mind.

As for predicting the Mavs wouldn't win the West, way to go out on a limb there, chief. By the same manner of thinking, I predicted the Bucks wouldn't win the East. Woo! Look at me! I'm a genius!

Who is ignoring facts now? I listed more than one thing, but you chose to ignore them. Oh well, I can have plenty of fun with the one you didn't ignore.

I'll go Cavs over Mavs.

The only funnier pick than the Cavs winning it is the Mavs winning it.

Seeing as I picked the Cavs to lose in the conference semis and said the Mavs winning it is even funnier, I did more than say neither would win their conference. I said neither would even make it to their conference finals. You really can't make yourself look good here. I don't even understand why are getting so defensive. I didn't specifically call you out. Plenty of people had the Cavs winning it, and most had them at least in the Finals. You're not the only one who was wrong.

JLEW1818
6/1/2010, 06:05 PM
me and Eielson don't agree on everything.

but we both thought the Cavs and Mavs didn't stand much of a chance against any legit team.

yankee
6/1/2010, 06:10 PM
collier and jlew can go to hell...:mad:

JLEW1818
6/1/2010, 06:12 PM
easy yankee, i still plan on drinking beer with you this Fall. we can laugh at Lebron together :D

Collier11
6/1/2010, 08:01 PM
collier and jlew can go to hell...:mad:

Its all in fun, dont get all pouty now

yankee
6/2/2010, 12:16 AM
easy yankee, i still plan on drinking beer with you this Fall. we can laugh at Lebron together :D

Its all in fun, dont get all pouty now

;)

Collier11
6/3/2010, 08:16 AM
Alright people, get your picks and comments in. It all gets going tonight!

Collier11
6/3/2010, 08:18 AM
We get to find out if the Lakers have gotten any tougher since the matchup with the Celts two years ago. I think Gm 1 is alot bigger for LA than Boston, LA cant lose gm 1 at home after getting beat up by the Celts two years ago, IMHO!

Ive gone with the East all playoffs and im gonna stick with it, Boston wins in 7

stoops the eternal pimp
6/3/2010, 08:43 AM
none of the western conference teams LA played were good enough to win a game in LA, so they were never really challenged...Boston is...LA probably loses tonight and loses the series in 6..and i hate to type that

JLEW1818
6/3/2010, 01:05 PM
LA LAKERS IN 7
MVP KOBE

c11, u think Boston wins game 7 in LA? hmm

Collier11
6/3/2010, 01:26 PM
yessir, and I think they win game 1.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/3/2010, 01:40 PM
if it goes to a game 7, then I would have to go Lakers then

Collier11
6/3/2010, 01:41 PM
I think we are going to see alot of winning on the other teams home court

My Opinion Matters
6/3/2010, 03:04 PM
I predict Eileson will predict that either the Celtics or Lakers will lose, and will be quick to point out anyone that made an incorrect pick.

Celtics in 6.

Eielson
6/3/2010, 03:20 PM
We get to find out if the Lakers have gotten any tougher since the matchup with the Celts two years ago. I think Gm 1 is alot bigger for LA than Boston, LA cant lose gm 1 at home after getting beat up by the Celts two years ago, IMHO!

I'll admit that I felt that Boston was definitely the better team two years ago, but I really don't think that series was as much of a blow-out as most people act. Honestly, until game 6 it was almost dead-even. I think the series went something like:

Game 1: Hard fought game, Boston led most of the way and won close
Game 2: Boston looked like they would blowout LA, but LA fights back but can't quite complete the comeback
Game 3: Hard fought game, LA led most of the way and won close
Game 4: LA looked like they would blowout Boston, but Boston fights back and completes a huge comeback

So basically the only difference in the series at that point was that Boston completed their comeback and LA didn't. LA won Game 5, and would've been in good position if they hadn't come out on the wrong side in both comeback attempts.

Eielson
6/3/2010, 03:25 PM
I predict Eileson will predict that either the Celtics or Lakers will lose, and will be quick to point out anyone that made an incorrect pick.

Celtics in 6.

I was going to say that I wouldn't have called you out if I knew you were so sensitive, but then I realized that I didn't even call you out, so no apologies. Toughen up.

Collier11
6/3/2010, 03:29 PM
LA won Game 5, and would've been in good position if they hadn't come out on the wrong side in both comeback attempts.

That is like saying "we would have won had we not fallen behind". Boston got those big leads by being the better, tougher team and got a little content. They have done that during these playoffs also

Eielson
6/3/2010, 03:35 PM
That is like saying "we would have won had we not fallen behind".

No, it's more like saying "basically the only difference in the series at that point was that Boston completed their comeback and LA didn't" and "I really don't think that series was as much of a blow-out as most people act." Quit trying to put words in my mouth. I never said LA should've won that series. I said that they were closer than most people gave them credit for.

Collier11
6/3/2010, 03:56 PM
I just quoted you, I guess thats not what you said?

Game 1 the Celtics won the 2nd half by 15 pts

Game 2 The Celtics were up by 22 going to the 4th quarter

Game 3 the Lakers were losing at home going to the 4th quarter before pulling it out

Game 4 the Lakers got outscored by 8 at home in the 4th quarter and lost by 6

Game 5 was a 3 pt game at the half in LA, the Lakers ended up winning by 5

Game 6 the Lakers completely quit

So, of the 6 games the Lakers were seriously outplayed in the 2nd half/4th qt or were just blown out in 3 games and had to make a furious comeback just to make another respectable. In the other two games the Lakers had to play their azzes off to pull it out at home. It was clear that Boston was the better team, that was my only point

Eielson
6/3/2010, 04:52 PM
I just quoted you, I guess thats not what you said?

I think it's pretty clear I didn't say "we would have won had we not fallen behind."

JLEW1818
6/3/2010, 06:34 PM
gonna be a great series.

Collier11
6/3/2010, 06:41 PM
Should be fun...Go Celts

Collier11
6/3/2010, 06:41 PM
I think it's pretty clear I didn't say "we would have won had we not fallen behind."

That is what your quote represented

Scott D
6/3/2010, 07:48 PM
Lakers in a sweep.

yankee
6/3/2010, 08:31 PM
sasha's a punk...

Collier11
6/3/2010, 08:35 PM
Wanna put money on that statement SD? :D

JLEW1818
6/3/2010, 08:44 PM
lots of fouls

Eielson
6/3/2010, 08:45 PM
So what are the key additions/losses for these two teams since their last finals matchup?

Celts lose Posey, add Wallace
Lakers add Bynum, Artest, lose Radmonovic

What else?

JLEW1818
6/3/2010, 08:46 PM
Big Baby Davis

or was he there?

JLEW1818
6/3/2010, 08:47 PM
Luke Walton and Adam Morrison have become ELITE players in the League.... heh.

Collier11
Without looking it up, I dont remember if Farmar was on the team for the Lakers? Was Finley for the Celts? I know Tony Allen wasnt getting much PT...

Collier11
Luke Walton and Adam Morrison have become ELITE players in the League.... heh.

As easy as he is to make fun of, AM is making like $4 mil a year..WTF

JLEW1818
6/3/2010, 08:49 PM
yah i know its crazy

Collier11
6/3/2010, 08:51 PM
Honestly, out of him and JJ Redick I really figured Morrison would have the better career. As it stands today, JJ has started to make a name for his self while Morrison is a Scrub

JLEW1818
6/3/2010, 09:03 PM
Morrison started off okay, injury

JLEW1818
6/3/2010, 09:36 PM
Kobe actually watched tape from 93 finals, just to get some what of a feel of how Doc Rivers is gonna guard him? The man is incredible..

Collier11
6/3/2010, 09:45 PM
His thinking isnt exclusive, they just made a deal out of it cus it was Kobe

JLEW1818
6/3/2010, 09:51 PM
and all your boy can say is "practice"

and the other says " 3 bad games in 7 years"

rings between the 2? :D

Collier11
6/3/2010, 09:58 PM
Boston lookin unprepared so far, lets see if they can get with it

Collier11
6/3/2010, 10:12 PM
So, will the Celtics step it up in the 4th qt or just rest up for Gm 2?

JLEW1818
6/3/2010, 10:14 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

and Phil Jackson is what after a playoff game 1 win? undefeated

Collier11
6/3/2010, 10:17 PM
Ill say this, this Laker team is ALOT better than the 08 version. I realize that isnt saying much but it does mean that the Celtics will have to step it up big time to make this competitive

Collier11
6/3/2010, 10:25 PM
Well, they certainly arent giving up

Eielson
6/3/2010, 10:36 PM
Big Baby Davis

or was he there?

Pretty sure he was there.

Eielson
6/3/2010, 10:37 PM
Without looking it up, I dont remember if Farmar was on the team for the Lakers? Was Finley for the Celts? I know Tony Allen wasnt getting much PT...

Farmar was drafted by LA (and played in the first finals). Correct on Finley. Allen is getting Posey's minutes I'm thinking.

Collier11
6/4/2010, 01:37 AM
FYI, plenty of people rightly think that Artest is a nut but he has proven time n time again to be very generous. During tonights game he bought two fans courtside seats for $9k a piece

Eielson
6/4/2010, 11:35 AM
Hate Paul Pierce, then. That's really easy. :D

Yes it is, and I've found another guy to hate: Rajon Rondo. That faggot is wearing his headband upside down.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0ffsa4XeFw1Uf/610x.jpg

Don't disrespect Jerry West!

Scott D
6/4/2010, 12:01 PM
Celts lost Powe who defended Bryant so Pierce could be on the offensive end.

JLEW1818
6/4/2010, 06:15 PM
oh and here's some more failure for bron bron.

2 MVP Awards, won the regular season both times in those 2 years. Didn't reach the Finals in either year.

He has done that twice.

Any others to do it twice? Nash did it once.

Remember, must have the regular season MVP, most wins in regular season, and must not reach the finals

Collier11
6/4/2010, 06:21 PM
You are obsessed, im starting to worry about you. As much as you gripe about people who are all over Lebrons nuts without him proving anything you sure seem to do the same thing from the opposite end. Its not healthy Jlew, not healthy at all. :D

JLEW1818
6/4/2010, 06:22 PM
pro bron bron hater.

the media/fans crowned him, now its time to dog him.

remember c11, know your friends, but know your enemies better.

Collier11
6/4/2010, 06:23 PM
Dont know if that applies here, lol

Scott D
6/4/2010, 09:13 PM
I'd say jlew is on his nuts more than his fans are.

Collier11
6/4/2010, 09:14 PM
thats what im thinkin

JLEW1818
6/5/2010, 12:28 PM
For all the talent that Lebron has, he isn't going to win playing the style that he plays. This is the offense for the Cavs: Give the ball to Lebron, let him go to work which pretty much is drive to the hoop and try to finish or kick it out to a teammate for a 3 or just let Lebron just take the 3 himself. You can attribute that to the quality of his teammates but everybody that's been brought in to Cleveland is relegated to a jumpshooter. That isn't an offense, that's nba2k. Lebron may have great stats but if you look at how they play it's not a surprise to see why he is able to achieve them. You can't win like that because it's pretty much a one man show plus it's completely predictable for a team like the Celtics to pick apart. Is it any wonder why the Cavs completely fall apart if Lebron isn't in the game? They run a fascist offense.

As much as Kobe does jack it up, he still plays within an offense for most of the game because he has a real coach in Phil Jackson that he actually listens to. That's why the Lakers can still win if Kobe isn't playing. That and he doesn't have crap teammates.

For all the assists that Lebron racks up, he's still playing in a selfish way. He needs coaching and guidance to help him learn how to play the game the right way. If he does learn, he may not get triple doubles as often anymore but I think getting championships would more than make up for it.

Eielson
6/5/2010, 04:41 PM
Who wrote that?

JLEW1818
6/5/2010, 05:43 PM
not me.

Collier11
6/5/2010, 05:56 PM
and again, why are you still talking about Lebron? His season is over, no one is talking about him, I honestly think that you are a closet Lebron lover or something.

Scott D
6/5/2010, 09:15 PM
seriously jlew, nobody here thought Mike Brown is anywhere even near the same planet as Phillip when it comes to "coaching". Brown consistently showed an inability to coach offense, and a strong inability to adjust his game plan based upon the opponent.

A lot right now depends on whether or not Lebron stays in Cleveland (which word is the frontrunner with Chicago second), and who they bring in as the next head coach. I have a feeling that Dan Gilbert will be looking for someone who has more of a connection to offensive flow.

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 10:06 PM
My BIL owned a convertible Lebron for awhile. He thought he looked like a ladies man in it.

JLEW1818
6/5/2010, 10:43 PM
and again, why are you still talking about Lebron? His season is over, no one is talking about him, I honestly think that you are a closet Lebron lover or something.

CNN is talking all about him. man the guy loves attention.. great time too.

remember arod? the guy who signed a mega contract during the MLB World Series.... hehe

again

"3 bad games in 7 years"

what a fag.

JLEW1818
6/5/2010, 10:45 PM
that post does not dog lebron at all. is simply says what he needs to change, and what he needs to help him in the long run.

it's the knicks, it always has been the knicks. this is not all about Basketball. remember that. this guy is not a cold blooded winner.

JLEW1818
6/6/2010, 12:35 PM
game 2

Lakers -6

take your pick.

JLEW1818
6/6/2010, 03:29 PM
Pretty amazing on how bad the Lakers free throw differntial is this postseason.... and look which team has number 1 ! :D good try Stern.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm474/jlew1818/freethrows.jpg

JLEW1818
6/6/2010, 06:57 PM
NBA Finals Intro coming up!!!! i love it

JLEW1818
6/6/2010, 06:59 PM
only got 5 beers .... don't feel like leaving the house..

Collier11
6/6/2010, 07:05 PM
Hurry and leave, you have to have atleast 10

JLEW1818
6/6/2010, 07:11 PM
pay the lady to go at half, not opening till 2nd quarter.

D. Fisher, hall of fame?

Collier11
6/6/2010, 07:32 PM
NOT EVEN CLOSE

JLEW1818
6/6/2010, 07:39 PM
i don't think so either.

Collier11
6/6/2010, 08:13 PM
Its not even a question, neither is Robert Horry

JLEW1818
6/6/2010, 08:23 PM
wow kobe

Collier11
6/6/2010, 08:27 PM
Is J on her way to getcha some beer or what, get movin woman!!

JLEW1818
6/6/2010, 08:32 PM
haha, might take it slow tonight..

Collier11
6/6/2010, 08:32 PM
Ray Allen with an NBA record 7 first half 3s in a playoff game

JLEW1818
6/6/2010, 08:34 PM
yep, Kobe and Donyell Marshall hold the record in a game with 12. (regular season of course)

yankee
6/6/2010, 08:39 PM
D. Fisher, hall of fame?

should never, ever, be used in the same sentence...unless referring to him never ever making it. :P

JLEW1818
6/6/2010, 08:40 PM
yah skill talent wise i don't think so.

but him and Horry will get a look down the road i bet.

Collier11
6/6/2010, 08:56 PM
not a serious one

Collier11
6/6/2010, 09:47 PM
C's making big shots down the stretch, up 5 and less than 2 to play

Collier11
6/6/2010, 09:49 PM
Celtics up 7 and a minute and twelve seconds left

JLEW1818
6/6/2010, 09:51 PM
ball game, back to Boson tied.

Collier11
6/6/2010, 09:53 PM
Kobe 5 to's and a bad shooting night, Rondo a triple double and Allen a huge 1st half

JLEW1818
6/6/2010, 09:54 PM
yep, game 3 Tuesday!

LA first home loss of postseason

i don't think court matters in this series

Collier11
6/6/2010, 09:56 PM
Boston going home for 3, gonna be interesting.

BTW, to go 2-2-1-1-1 the entire playoffs and then have the finals 2-3-2 is retarded

JLEW1818
6/6/2010, 09:58 PM
Lakers
Celtics
Lakers
Celtics
Celtics
Lakers
Lakers

or

Lakers
Celtics
Celtics
Lakers
Celtics
Lakers
Lakers

lol

JLEW1818
6/6/2010, 10:05 PM
Boston opens up as a 2.5 fav for game 3.

just saying

Eielson
6/7/2010, 12:24 AM
D. Fisher, hall of fame?

Of course.

Eielson
6/9/2010, 01:52 AM
Fisher shows again why Jackson trusts/plays him so much.

tommieharris91
6/10/2010, 10:19 PM
There's kinda a Finals game goin on right now.

yankee
6/10/2010, 10:45 PM
uno uno doin' work.

JLEW1818
6/11/2010, 01:00 PM
yep, gonna be at least 6 games, me like

Eielson
6/11/2010, 01:25 PM
yep, gonna be at least 6 games, me like

That was obvious. Donaghy called that before the series even started.

JLEW1818
6/11/2010, 07:31 PM

JLEW1818
6/13/2010, 10:14 AM
Game 5

JLEW1818
6/13/2010, 10:12 PM
Lakers played horrible, with no post game. and held boston to 92 points at home

u gotta like LA to win game 6

game 7, who the f knows?

JLEW1818
6/13/2010, 10:24 PM
lakers open as a 6.5 favorite.

Eielson
6/13/2010, 10:46 PM
Sticking with LA in 7, but would feel much more comfortable if Bynum were healthy.

My Opinion Matters
6/15/2010, 02:07 PM
Sticking with LA in 7, but would feel much more comfortable if Bynum were healthy.

Boston is leading the series, obviously, but aside from game 5 I think LA has really looked like the sharper team. I'm beginning to think LA takes games 6 and 7 at home. Hope I'm wrong.

JLEW1818
6/15/2010, 09:11 PM
Lakers say **** you boston

JLEW1818
6/15/2010, 10:00 PM
see yall Thursday Night for game 7

total domination by LA

Eielson
6/15/2010, 11:23 PM
Celts are done with Perkins.

JLEW1818
6/16/2010, 01:01 PM
yep lets go ahead and listen to why Kobe's 5th ring should not count!!!!!

Lebrons lovers will be on this story soon.

Scott D
6/16/2010, 05:54 PM
only lebron lover on this forum is you jlew lol

Collier11
6/16/2010, 06:03 PM
Gettin scary Jlew. you are the only person who has said the guys name in like 2 weeks

yankee
6/16/2010, 06:51 PM
yep lets go ahead and listen to why Kobe's 5th ring should not count!!!!!

Lebrons lovers will be on this story soon.

i don't think you'll hear any of us use that as an excuse if the lakers end up winning game 7.

Curly Bill
6/16/2010, 06:53 PM
The league got what it wanted.

The teams may actually get to decide this thing now.

JLEW1818
6/16/2010, 06:54 PM
LEBRON SHOULD HAVE ENTERED THE 2002 DRAFT, THEY SHOULD HAVE LET HIM GO AS A JUNIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL

but we probably still woulda took Yao. ha

JLEW1818
6/17/2010, 01:13 PM
The more desperate team continues to win each game in this series. The more desperate team tonight is the Celtics because they lost Kendrick Perkins. Speaking of which, I found it unbelivably ridiculous that everyone on PTI, particularly Bill Plaschke opined that Boston had "no chance" because Perkins is out. Excuse me? When did Perkins become the second coming of Bill Russell? He's been solid inside, but he's not nearly as important as Rajon Rondo or Paul Pierce. If either of them were out, Boston wouldn't have a chance.

The Celtics could easily win this game. They've beaten the Lakers in three of their previous four matchups. They won Game 2 in Los Angeles. Why can't they win Game 7? And don't tell me because of Los Angeles' experience, because neither Phil Jackson nor Kobe Bryant has ever coached/played in an NBA Finals Game 7.
I think the Lakers win tonight, but it should be a close one. Seven points is way too much for these evenly matched teams.

ww

Scott D
6/17/2010, 01:26 PM
Um....you do know what paper Plaschke writes for don't you?

Collier11
6/17/2010, 01:56 PM
Perkins provides a defensive presence that the Lakers struggle with. Bout to see what Giant Forehead and MWC product Sheldon Williams can do, time for him to make a name for himself.

My Opinion Matters
6/17/2010, 02:26 PM
Really, did LeBron steal jlew's lunch money or what? Why does he keep bringing him up?

jlew: Grrrr, LeBron sucks!
SF.com: Uhh, no, he's pretty good actually.
jlew: You guys are so obsessed with LeBron! Get off his jock!

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Eielson
6/17/2010, 04:30 PM
When did Perkins become the second coming of Bill Russell?

Andrew Bynum isn't exactly Wilt Chamberlain. Statements like these show that whoever said it either hasn't watched the series too closely, or hasn't been watching the right things. I believe that the winning team in this series has had the rebounding edge every single game. That's not a fluke, and after Perkins went down, the Lakers completely dominated the Celtics on the boards (and the score).

JLEW1818
6/17/2010, 06:13 PM
Really, did LeBron steal jlew's lunch money or what? Why does he keep bringing him up?

jlew: Grrrr, LeBron sucks!
SF.com: Uhh, no, he's pretty good actually.
jlew: You guys are so obsessed with LeBron! Get off his jock!

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Lebron lover!

Eielson
6/17/2010, 08:17 PM
Early indications look like Stern wants Boston to win. Hope I'm wrong.

Eielson
6/17/2010, 08:36 PM

I've seen some questionable calls both ways so I'm going to back down from this. Lakers are just playing awful. I'd still give advantage to the Lakers after the 1st. If you can consistently get 27 shots compared to your opponents 17, you just can't lose. I'm baffled by the first quarter score. I don't expect the Lakers to continue shooting 22%, though.

My Opinion Matters
6/17/2010, 08:36 PM

Early indications are that Kobe has forgotten that this isn't all about him and his legacy. He's forced at least 3 bad shots.

Collier11
6/17/2010, 09:03 PM
Big Baby and Artest having good games so far

My Opinion Matters
6/17/2010, 09:09 PM
Brian Scalabrine sighting!

stoops the eternal pimp
6/17/2010, 09:18 PM
crappy half of basketball...too much credit to the defenses...just stupid plays

Eielson
6/17/2010, 09:23 PM
crappy half of basketball...too much credit to the defenses...just stupid plays

You know the defense isn't anything special when Ron Artest has 12 points at half.

49 shots for Lakers, 34 for Celtics. 15 offensive rebounds to 2, 3 turnovers to 8. I just don't understand this. The Celtics aren't winning this, the Lakers are flat-out blowing it.

JLEW1818
6/17/2010, 09:26 PM
who wants it more i guess

gotta think the Lakers will make offensive adjustments. Boston has had their chance to put the Lakers away already.

Collier11
6/17/2010, 09:28 PM
Kobe's shooting isnt helping, and missed free throws

stoops the eternal pimp
6/17/2010, 09:31 PM
no adjustments to be made in this game..this isn't a matter of figuring out what the other team is doing..its just missing shots

JLEW1818
6/17/2010, 09:34 PM
Kobe is playing like a 20 year old kid

Collier11
6/17/2010, 09:37 PM
3-16

JLEW1818
6/17/2010, 09:38 PM
just should make people, especially my generation, respect Michael Jordan more.

aint gonna be another.

just imagine that, 6 for freaking 6, without a center.

My Opinion Matters
6/17/2010, 09:40 PM
just should make people, especially my generation, respect Michael Jordan more.

aint gonna be another.

That's what people don't get. No matter how bad Kobe wants to be MJ, he just ain't.

Collier11
6/17/2010, 09:41 PM
He is the closest thing we have had and trust, it pains me to say that. Cant stand KOBE

JLEW1818
6/17/2010, 09:42 PM
win or lose Kobe is somewhere in between 8-14 all time.

Collier11
6/17/2010, 09:43 PM
Free throws

Celts- 9-9
Lakers- 7-13

Collier11
6/17/2010, 09:46 PM
If the Celts win, who is series MVP?

JLEW1818
6/17/2010, 09:47 PM
life

JLEW1818
6/17/2010, 09:47 PM

Bill Russell

but no, seriously??

Ray Allen... why not? if he does not break an NBA record in game 2... ? Lakers 2-0, yikes.

Collier11
6/17/2010, 09:52 PM
HUGE momentum play right there with the steal and 3

Eielson
6/17/2010, 09:53 PM

Kobe.

Eielson
6/17/2010, 09:55 PM

His teammates were plenty good.

JLEW1818
6/17/2010, 09:58 PM
wow its like each team is telling the other team to take the game.

My Opinion Matters
6/17/2010, 10:00 PM
Lakers being kept in the game by Artest and Odom. This is like Bizzarro Game 7.

JLEW1818
6/17/2010, 10:03 PM
Kobe can redeem himself with a big 4th.

JLEW1818
6/17/2010, 10:04 PM
I SMELL AN OVERTIME

JLEW1818
6/17/2010, 10:05 PM
FREE THROWS

JLEW1818
6/17/2010, 10:09 PM
put Tracy McGrady in

My Opinion Matters
6/17/2010, 10:24 PM
Derek Effin' Fisher.

JLEW1818
6/17/2010, 10:25 PM
what a vet.

this reminds me of the 2009 big12 championship... just waiting for a team to do something un-sloppy

JLEW1818
6/17/2010, 10:29 PM
finish it up Kobe, your the best player of this decade and the best player in the NBA.

but **** you bitch!

Eielson
6/17/2010, 10:57 PM
Fisher for MVP!

JLEW1818
6/17/2010, 11:03 PM
Ron Artest is so funny. he seriously is messed up in the head.

Eielson
6/17/2010, 11:08 PM
Did Russell seriously just have to give an MVP trophy to Kobe?

JLEW1818
6/17/2010, 11:08 PM
yep

tulsaoilerfan
6/17/2010, 11:10 PM
Funny how they let so much crap go on in the first 3 quarters, yet in the 4th anytime the Celts touched the Lakers it was a foul; LA deserved the win, but 20 more free throws than Boston? Wow

sooner59
6/17/2010, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I thought the Lakers started getting a lot more dicey calls than Boston.

diegosooner
6/17/2010, 11:49 PM
I couldn't watch. Didn't want to see the Lakers win it.

Eielson
6/17/2010, 11:54 PM

Kobe is 5 for 6 without a Pippen.

Eielson
6/18/2010, 12:19 AM
Doc is making excuses about how his starting lineup still hasn't lost. I love how he acts as if Perkins injury was the only one in this series. Bynum injury hurt the Lakers more than the Perkins injury hurt the Celtics, and that is just adding on to Kobe's injury. If injuries never happened, this Celtic team wouldn't have any championships.

Collier11
6/18/2010, 12:20 AM
Kobe is 5 for 6 without a Pippen.

Kidding right?

Lets see, Shaq-best big man in the game

Gasol- Top 5 big man in the game

Eielson
6/18/2010, 12:24 AM
Kidding right?

Lets see, Shaq-best big man in the game

Gasol- Top 5 big man in the game

Since when has Pippen been a big man?

Collier11
6/18/2010, 12:26 AM
The point is, Kobe won his 5 with a great big man...MJ didnt need one

Eielson
6/18/2010, 12:34 AM
The point is, Kobe won his 5 with a great big man...MJ didnt need one

...and MJ won his 6 championships with Pippen...Kobe didn't need him. Why am I having to repeat myself?

Oh, and Rodman was pretty darn good.

Collier11
6/18/2010, 12:38 AM
Kobe has needed a great big man every step of the way, MJ didnt need Pippen, one of the most overrated superstars ever

Eielson
6/18/2010, 12:51 AM
Kobe has needed a great big man every step of the way, MJ didnt need Pippen, one of the most overrated superstars ever

After having conversations/arguments with MOM, Skull, Scott D, and STEP I just can't stoop to this level anymore.

Collier11
6/18/2010, 12:54 AM
cus you are dead wrong...Pippen is no Shaq easily, and he probably isnt even Gasol on overall impact. You can defend Pipp all you want, he was a really good player but he was highly overrated and wasnt near as valuable to MJs titles as Shaq and Gasol were to Kobes

Eielson
6/18/2010, 12:57 AM
Are you arguing with yourself? I certainly didn't make those claims.

Collier11
6/18/2010, 01:01 AM
Are you arguing with yourself? I certainly didn't make those claims.

...and MJ won his 6 championships with Pippen...Kobe didn't need him. Why am I having to repeat myself?

Oh, and Rodman was pretty darn good.

You said this, unless you are confusing yourself...if thats the case, we are done?

Eielson
6/18/2010, 01:07 AM
Yeah, you're arguing with yourself. And yes, we're done.

Scott D
6/18/2010, 01:31 AM
you two are never done, don't kid yourselves.

Curly Bill
6/18/2010, 01:36 AM
cus you are dead wrong...Pippen is no Shaq easily, and he probably isnt even Gasol on overall impact. You can defend Pipp all you want, he was a really good player but he was highly overrated and wasnt near as valuable to MJs titles as Shaq and Gasol were to Kobes

I'm no fan of Pippen at all, and there's no doubt Shaq was better than Pippen, but you have to be high to claim that Gasol was more valuable than Pippen.

...and remember: I think Pippen may be the most overrated player EVAR!

Scott D
6/18/2010, 01:37 AM
I'm no fan of Pippen at all, and there's no doubt Shaq was better than Pippen, but you have to be high to claim that Gasol was more valuable than Pippen.

John Starks :)

Curly Bill
6/18/2010, 01:38 AM
John Starks :)

More overrated than Pippen? Nope, no one's more overrated than Pippen.

Collier11
6/18/2010, 08:39 AM

Kobe didnt win his 1st title without Shaq until Gasol came along, obviously there were other moving parts involved but Gasol may well be the best center in the game today

Eielson
6/18/2010, 01:38 PM

Celtics in 6.

My Opinion Matters
6/18/2010, 01:47 PM

Bastard.