PDA

View Full Version : J. Dwyer & A. McCoy test positive at Combine

SoCal
4/18/2010, 10:49 PM
Sorry if this already been posted...

Report: Jonathan Dwyer, Anthony McCoy tested positive at the Combine
Posted by Mike Florio on April 18, 2010 6:51 PM ET
The confidential list of players who tested positive at the February Scouting Combine finally has been distributed to the teams.

And, as usual, it's confidentiality has been compromised.

Jay Glazer and Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com report that Georgia Tech running back Jonathan Dwyer and USC tight end Anthony McCoy are the biggest names on the list.

Per the report, Dwyer tested positive for amphetamines, but a source told Glazer and/or Marvez that the result was triggered by a prescription medication that Dwyer has clearance to take for a pre-existing condition. (Maybe he caught "lethargy addiction" from JaMarcus Russell.)

McCoy tested positive for marijuana. His agents reportedly revealed the result to NFL teams weeks ago in an apparent effort to whip up a little chicken salad.

Though it was wise to get the word out, given that the teams get the official list too late in the process to do anything other than take the kid's name off the board, the fact remains that the only guys who test positive for pot at the Combine are either really dumb, or they have a problem.

McCoy is projected as a second-day pick. Dwyer could go as high as round three, or early on day three.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/18/report-jonathan-dwyer-anthony-mccoy-tested-positive-at-the-combine/

Collier11
4/18/2010, 10:52 PM
Dwyer has already been cleared from what I hear

yermom
4/18/2010, 10:54 PM
glad you said "A. McCoy" in the title :D

SoCal
4/18/2010, 10:58 PM
glad you said "A. McCoy" in the title :D

I didn't want to cause a stir :eek:

RedstickSooner
4/19/2010, 08:35 AM
McCoy tested positive for marijuana. His agents reportedly revealed the result to NFL teams weeks ago in an apparent effort to whip up a little chicken salad.

WTF?

In an apparent effort to whip up a little chicken salad?

Have I been living under some kinda rock my entire life? Because I have *never* heard this saying before. Ever.

badger
4/19/2010, 08:45 AM
WTF?

In an apparent effort to whip up a little chicken salad?

Have I been living under some kinda rock my entire life? Because I have *never* heard this saying before. Ever.
There's this phrase that my phy ed teacher used to use in high school during volleyball. If you are given a lousy set to get the ball over the net, you make chicken salad out of chicken - you make the best of a crappy situation and work with the crappy set instead of moping about it.

I think that's the chicken salad they're referring to.

SoonerAtKU
4/19/2010, 08:56 AM
Thank god I'm not the only one who was completely confused by that one.

AlbqSooner
4/19/2010, 08:03 PM
Anyone who tests positive for marijuana at the combine has not so much failed a drug test. They have failed an intelligence test.

MeMyself&Me
4/19/2010, 09:55 PM
Anyone who tests positive for marijuana at the combine has not so much failed a drug test. They have failed an intelligence test.

No ****. One of the dumbest things we hear about every year.

GKeeper316
4/19/2010, 11:18 PM
hmmmm i am an athlete who could potentially make millions per year, and i have a workout coming up in a couple days to showcase my skills to potential employers. this little info pack they sent me says ill be drug tested, and i smoked some weed with my friends over the weekend. should i drop 30 bucks on one of the multitude of over the counter masking agents to get me through said drug test? no i think ill take my chances.

in an ideal world they wouldnt have smoked in the first place, but being too lazy to swing by your local head shop and spend $30 means they are probably too stupid to understand an nfl playbook anyway.

Breadburner
4/20/2010, 12:19 AM
What if you got high and forgot your shoes....

Leroy Lizard
4/20/2010, 12:44 AM
Remember that he was declared academically ineligible for the bowl game.

In terms of which team starts the most morons every year, my vote goes to USC.