PDA

View Full Version : My daughter has decided to go to OU!!

TUSooner
4/18/2010, 04:48 PM
And without even any pressure from her old man. Yay x 10000000000000.
Based on the expensive "boutique" liberal arts colleges we visited, it was a brilliant decision. IMHO. Those colleges could provide a good education, for sure, at least in some subjects, but they seemed like "toy" colleges compared to a "real" college like the University of Oklahoma. And the National Merit scolly package is not to be scoffed at. I am happy that she made a great choice and that the search is over. Yow, baybeeeeee! and BOOMER SOONER!!

And by the way her friend and classmate made the same decision. Her folks are plenty happy, too.

SunnySooner
4/18/2010, 04:54 PM
Woot, woot!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Another Sooner finds her way home, beautiful!!!

Congrats to you both, I don't think either of you will regret it!!!

olevetonahill
4/18/2010, 05:23 PM
Fantastic bro
Can she get us Tickets ?:D

Frozen Sooner
4/18/2010, 05:39 PM
Truly, the National Merit program is great. Glad to see OU is keeping it up-I know Florida recently cranked it down pretty significantly.

TUSooner
4/18/2010, 05:49 PM
Fantastic bro
Can she get us Tickets ?:D

Get in line, bruthah! :D

olevetonahill
4/18/2010, 05:50 PM
Get in line, bruthah! :D

I said US as in U an Me :D

GKeeper316
when it comes time for my kids to go to college im gonna tell them this...

you can go to school wherever you want, but my money is going to the university of oklahoma.

Frozen Sooner
So half of the post got deleted.

Congratulations! That's awesome!

TUSooner
4/18/2010, 05:52 PM
I said US as in U an Me :D

You'll be the first person I call. Bring the OVJ.

olevetonahill
4/18/2010, 05:55 PM
You'll be the first person I call. Bring the OVJ.

I can do that bro .:D

OU Adonis
4/19/2010, 08:41 PM
This thread is worthless without pics..

I am sooooooooooooo kidding TU :)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/19/2010, 08:50 PM
Congrats to both you and her.

Collier11
4/19/2010, 10:02 PM
Congrats!

yermom
4/19/2010, 10:49 PM
This thread is worthless without pics..

i'm glad someone beat me to it ;)

MclOUvin
4/20/2010, 02:06 AM
now you just have to keep her away from guys like me :D

Okla-homey
4/20/2010, 05:26 AM
Based on the expensive "boutique" liberal arts colleges we visited, it was a brilliant decision. IMHO. Those colleges could provide a good education, for sure, at least in some subjects, but they seemed like "toy" colleges compared to a "real" college like the University of Oklahoma. And the National Merit scolly package is not to be scoffed at. I am happy that she made a great choice and that the search is over. Yow, baybeeeeee! and BOOMER SOONER!!

And by the way her friend and classmate made the same decision. Her folks are plenty happy, too.

You know what this means don't you? The next one out of the nest will insist on an expensive, private, boutique, liberal arts college which will be at least twice as expensive as OU. Karma has a way of evening out the universe. And stuff.;)

And congrats. I was shonuff happy mine picked a public college back in the day too.

olevetonahill
4/20/2010, 07:59 AM
now you just have to keep her away from guys like me :D

Shouldnt be to hard to do, If TU aint got one of these Im sure several members of the Posse would be glad to loan him one of ours . Or just do a Little Guard duty ;) ;) :cool:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sW65ilskOC8/SL2bB-1d_kI/AAAAAAAAM9M/cAQOwPCLE5Y/s400/FourBarrelShotgun.jpg

TUSooner
4/20/2010, 08:03 AM
You know what this means don't you? The next one out of the nest will insist on an expensive, private, boutique, liberal arts college which will be at least twice as expensive as OU. Karma has a way of evening out the universe. And stuff.;)

And congrats. I was shonuff happy mine picked a public college back in the day too.

This is the last one out of the nest for us. I could have exercised the nuclear option and made her go to any college I wanted... or else. But it's better than good that OU was her choice.
Of course, daughter #1 (a Jr at LSU) is contemplating some pricey grad schools, which we agreed to "help" with.... :O

TUSooner
4/20/2010, 08:07 AM
Shouldnt be to hard to do, If TU aint got one of these Im sure several members of the Posse would be glad to loan him one of ours . Or just do a Little Guard duty ;) ;) :cool:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sW65ilskOC8/SL2bB-1d_kI/AAAAAAAAM9M/cAQOwPCLE5Y/s400/FourBarrelShotgun.jpg

Is that what you call a "street-sweeper"?

My cousin in Norman is a retired cop and was Marine Recon on the very pointy end of the stick in Vietnam. His wife is a cop, too. I figure they can handle anything that needs handlin before I get there, and after, for that matter.

olevetonahill
4/20/2010, 09:02 AM
Street sweeper is kinda a generic term anymore.
But usually it is a Shotgun with a Drum Mag

Like this.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_abaJ0xbRju4/R8AZM6PwFyI/AAAAAAAAAFo/4ZuSumdslo0/s320/street_sweeper.jpg

Bourbon St Sooner
4/20/2010, 09:22 AM
Awesome TU. And National Merit Scholar to boot. You must be proud. I'm at the other end of that spectrum. I would like to think she'll go to OU in 17 years, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Anyways, I'm starting her out right. She's the only one in day care wearing OU shoes:)

C&CDean
4/20/2010, 09:34 AM
Good job Kevin. Glad your daughter chose wisely. This means you'll be coming to Norman more often?

TopDawg
4/20/2010, 09:37 AM
Congrats!

TUSooner
4/20/2010, 11:14 AM
Good job Kevin. Glad your daughter chose wisely. This means you'll be coming to Norman more often?

Hope so. If I could get my financial **** together, I might even be back for good.

badger
4/20/2010, 11:46 AM
Of course, daughter #1 (a Jr at LSU) is contemplating some pricey grad schools, which we agreed to "help" with.... :O

Pbbth, help?! Ask the kid exactly what a TA for, then?

1- Getting tuition for grad school paid

2- Teaching courses so the real professors can concentrate of their research.

Howzit
4/20/2010, 12:06 PM

Awesome, K. Jr is transferring there in the fall, after having spent a semester up in NY at one of the SUNY schools and a semester at UNT in Denton.

My Christmas car included the line, "I probably should have listened to you about OU."

:D

ouduckhunter
4/20/2010, 01:21 PM
when it comes time for my kids to go to college im gonna tell them this...

you can go to school wherever you want, but my money is going to the university of oklahoma.

LOL! That's exactly what my parents said too!! Smart peeps!

Congrats on your daughter's wise choice! Boomer!

Oldnslo
4/20/2010, 01:53 PM
Congratulations! Wonderful news!

goodonya
4/20/2010, 02:07 PM
Congrats! I too will have a freshman son in the honors program at OU next year.

soonerboomer93
4/20/2010, 02:13 PM
Congrats