PDA

View Full Version : Any of you folks like shooting sports?

Okla-homey
4/17/2010, 06:12 PM
You know, skeet, trap or sporting clays? i.e "golf with a shotgun"

If so, we could get a little match together up here in Tulsey.

:pop:

MR2-Sooner86
4/17/2010, 06:25 PM
I love shooting pigeons, both real and clay. I'm down.

olevetonahill
4/17/2010, 06:41 PM
Been 30 years er so since I shot competitively, But i were dayum good back in the day
So Yall might stand a chance against me now.:D
Really Id have to get me an 870 and do a tad of prctice but I bet i could stay with Yall

SicEmBaylor
4/17/2010, 06:49 PM
LAS would kick yall's ***.

olevetonahill
4/17/2010, 07:16 PM
LAS would kick yall's ***.

Hell if hes gonna shoot I aint showing UP
Hell He could hit em From Cal. With a ****in Red Rider :eek:

delhalew
4/17/2010, 10:09 PM
I keep wanting to find out if my mossberg is suitable for trap and what not. I've never had the chance to try any of the above, but hope to soon.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/18/2010, 01:27 PM
I tried. I suck too bad.

Okla-homey
4/18/2010, 01:55 PM
No shame. We know that about ten percent (10%) of humanity are incapable of hitting a moving target. The US population is around 300,000,000. That means you have plenty of company, around 30 million folks anyway.

bluedogok
4/18/2010, 01:59 PM
It is something that I have always been interested in but having never shot anything more than a BB/pellet gun or paintball gun it would take me quite awhile to get to the point of shooting at anything other than a stationary target.

Okla-homey
4/18/2010, 02:04 PM
It is something that I have always been interested in but having never shot anything more than a BB/pellet gun or paintball gun it would take me quite awhile to get to the point of shooting at anything other than a stationary target.

Its a lot of fun. Once you get in the groove, its pretty instinctive actually. Like batting or driving a golf ball, technique, swing and follow-through are important. And keeping you eyes on the clay pigeon. You must keep your eyes on the clay until you shatter it.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/18/2010, 03:23 PM
Don't they have a sporting clay range at Red Castle? Is that where you're going to shoot?

I can do decent in the trap box, but can't hit doubles for sh*t on the skeet range. Shot over 80 when I shot the range on Lanai, which I guess for a knuckle dragging fireman ain't bad. Point being, if you need someone to kick the crap out of, let me know. I ain't too proud to throw a few rounds.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/18/2010, 03:26 PM
Ooooh, forgot something.

Aren't you a Sandite now, Homey? There isn't a Sporting Clays range, but the Sand Springs Sportsman's Club has a downfield range, two skeet ranges, and a trap box. Quiet, small, not a real big membership, but clean and comfortable. Kick myself in the butt for letting my membership lapse. It's right next door to PD's firing range out by the airport.

Okla-homey
4/18/2010, 04:22 PM
Don't they have a sporting clay range at Red Castle? Is that where you're going to shoot?

I can do decent in the trap box, but can't hit doubles for sh*t on the skeet range. Shot over 80 when I shot the range on Lanai, which I guess for a knuckle dragging fireman ain't bad. Point being, if you need someone to kick the crap out of, let me know. I ain't too proud to throw a few rounds.

Yessir. Red Castle up on the Zink Ranch. best shooting value in Oklahoma.

http://www.tulsaredcastlegunclub.com/

Okla-homey
4/18/2010, 04:27 PM
Ooooh, forgot something.

Aren't you a Sandite now, Homey? There isn't a Sporting Clays range, but the Sand Springs Sportsman's Club has a downfield range, two skeet ranges, and a trap box. Quiet, small, not a real big membership, but clean and comfortable. Kick myself in the butt for letting my membership lapse. It's right next door to PD's firing range out by the airport.

Nope. I'm a Bixby Spartan.

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/Okla-homey/300.jpg