PDA

View Full Version : Soring game results..

SOONERJOSHUA
4/17/2010, 04:45 PM
:eek: Travis lewis gives ref high five for throwing flag on oline. That kid paying the ref! Why cant he do that aginst TEXASS! But the shutout was nice to here another dominate defence.

olevetonahill
4/17/2010, 05:24 PM
Who got sore ?

BoulderSooner79
4/17/2010, 05:32 PM
The losing side got sore.

olevetonahill
4/17/2010, 05:43 PM
The losing side got sore.

:D :D :D :D :D

Sabanball
4/18/2010, 10:25 AM
Ours ended in a 23-17 score. Our O-line needs some work and development, but other than that I think we'll be fine. Though most of our losses to graduation were on D, we look like we've just reloaded. Marcel Darius was on our qb's more than he was in the 'horns backfield back in january. Our announced attendance was 91,000+. Was there a nice crowd in Norman this year?

badger
4/18/2010, 10:26 AM
Our announced attendance was 91,000+. Was there a nice crowd in Norman this year?

:D I think we had 91,000 droplets of rain show up in Norman. Every minute. Just for the game.

fossil
4/18/2010, 05:29 PM
:D I think we had 91,000 droplets of rain show up in Norman. Every minute. Just for the game.

;) I think you better double check that. You have to mean 91,000 national championships don't you? We are talking about Alabama here and you guys have a unique way of counting those national championships!

fossil
4/18/2010, 05:31 PM
Ours ended in a 23-17 score. Our O-line needs some work and development, but other than that I think we'll be fine. Though most of our losses to graduation were on D, we look like we've just reloaded. Marcel Darius was on our qb's more than he was in the 'horns backfield back in january. Our announced attendance was 91,000+. Was there a nice crowd in Norman this year?

:confused: Dadgummit, I meant to post my reply to this post, not to the 91,000 droplets of rain quote. I say again, you'd better double check. You must mean 91,000 national championships!!

yankee
4/18/2010, 06:06 PM

how did mcelroy look?

fadada1
4/18/2010, 07:47 PM
91K for bama spring game?

probably the same committee that counted the million man march... or an auburn grad.

Sabanball
4/18/2010, 08:36 PM
how did mcelroy look?

He looked good managing the game, but really didn't have an opportunity to showcase his passing ability. Our O-line was getting blown off the LOS on almost every play, and he spent most of the scrimmage running for his life. But with a 30-0 record at Southlake HS in Texas and one season with us, and a NC ring, he is not in danger of being overtaken on the depth chart, IMO.

91K for bama spring game?

probably the same committee that counted the million man march... or an auburn grad.

Since Saban has been here, we've had no less than 78,000 at a spring game. There were some empty seats in the upper decks, but the stadium looked pretty full on saturday. The scrimmage was televised by ESPN, and even their announcers commented that we looked like we were at full capacity. Speaking of Auburn, they had 63,000 at their game. How did the cow college in your state draw, of have they had theirs yet?

BTW, you guys really should let go of this 'counting NC's' thing. I know most of you all mean it jokingly, but it really is starting to get old. Even just counting our undisputed 8 NC's, (and none of them have been undisputed by the holy grail/gold standard that you guys worship known as the AP in almost 40 yrs) I still think that's pretty dang good by even the standards that you guys have for your program.

icmwhOU72
4/18/2010, 09:39 PM
how did mcelroy look?

McFly looked ok i am just glad they arent going to let mccaron start or else alabama may be nearly impossible to beat. Mcelroy doesnt look like a first round pick to me and never has.

I watched the auburn spring game when i got home from norman and cam newton is a beast. I garuntee you the guy would have started for OU had he made the right choice to come here.

Kenny Stills is exciting and he is a starter on day one. i think our defense will be as good as anyones in the country this year. when we get a healthy adrian taylor back and we have beal and frank and macfarland. then a backer corps of r lewis t lewis and t wort a back end of hurst carter nelson (who looked swolled up) and whoever emeres in the spring whether it be another corner or t jefferson at safety so nelson can slide to cb

Boarder
4/18/2010, 09:44 PM
BTW, you guys really should let go of this 'counting NC's' thing. I know most of you all mean it jokingly, but it really is starting to get old.

I beg to differ. It will never, ever get old. You're very lucky you posted that on 2010 sf.com rather than, say, 2002 sf.com.

fossil
4/19/2010, 11:19 AM
I beg to differ. It will never, ever get old. You're very lucky you posted that on 2010 sf.com rather than, say, 2002 sf.com.

:D Just curious, but has anyone ever done a study on how many national championships the other 'biggies' would have if they counted the way Bamer does?

badger
4/19/2010, 11:31 AM

Take it in stride, Satanballer. Everyone will be jealous of your program this year because you just won the title. Nothing wrong with a little good natured ribbing, amirite?

As for our little sister school up in Stillwater, I doubt they drew very many. They had their scrimmage on the same rainy Oklahoma day that we did, except they had theirs start at 6 p.m. instead of the afternoon... so it was likely cold, windy AND rainy. According to this article (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20100418_93_B1_Brando121149), they drew 7,000. The same publication said that we had between 16 and 17k here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100418_92_B1_NORMAN799722)

But please, don't read too much into those attendance numbers. We were meeting people in restaurants and outside the stadium that were deciding whether or not it was worth attending because of the crappy rain. All of the overhand seats were filled quickly.

goingoneight
4/19/2010, 11:40 AM
:D Just curious, but has anyone ever done a study on how many national championships the other 'biggies' would have if they counted the way Bamer does?

OSU might have one or two if everybody counted that way. :D

In 2003, I distinctly remember ABC/ESPN talking about how Oklahoma was winner of 7 MNCs, second only to Notre Lame. Nebraska, Alabama and Ohio State came in at five a piece.

USC wins a National Title and all of a sudden they've got eight... errr. eleven... YEAH, that's it-- ELEVEN!

Ohio State and Michigan play in 2006 in a #1 vs #2 matchup and all of a sudden Michigan has 11 MNCs and Ohio State has 8 now. Funny, I thought from 2003 to 2006 that LSU, USC and Tejas won the MNC... but apparently tOSU won 'em all to go from 5 to 8.

All I know is when I was little, I remember the game film of OU/PSU and hearing how the school just captured a sixth National Championship. In 2001, we took home #7. We still have seven. OUr counting I guess is still good as we haven't won another since then. OUr coaching must be bad, though...

Jello Biafra
4/19/2010, 11:41 AM
anyone? how did kong look? is he ready to step in and take the DT spot?

goingoneight
4/19/2010, 11:42 AM
Take it in stride, Satanballer. Everyone will be jealous of your program this year because you just won the title. Nothing wrong with a little good natured ribbing, amirite?

As for our little sister school up in Stillwater, I doubt they drew very many. They had their scrimmage on the same rainy Oklahoma day that we did, except they had theirs start at 6 p.m. instead of the afternoon... so it was likely cold, windy AND rainy. According to this article (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20100418_93_B1_Brando121149), they drew 7,000. The same publication said that we had between 16 and 17k here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100418_92_B1_NORMAN799722)

But please, don't read too much into those attendance numbers. We were meeting people in restaurants and outside the stadium that were deciding whether or not it was worth attending because of the crappy rain. All of the overhand seats were filled quickly.

So our attendance numbers were collected by Alabama's statistician?

;) j/k, SabanBall...

Sabanball
4/20/2010, 10:10 AM

Lol... I try to, but it's kind of like someone telling you the same joke all the time. Imagine someone telling you one over and over and over again--It's funny the first few times and you laugh, but after that it gets kinda stale. We both have programs that are in the top three in that area--I think that says all we need to know about how well both of our programs are at winning NC's over time. I prefer mutual respect rather than try to discredit what the other has done--guess that's all I am saying. But hey, this is your sandbox so I guess I just have to deal with it.;)

I had heard the weather was bad in Norman. That always hurts turnout in a spring game. We were fortunate and had 75 degree sunny conditions on saturday.

How do you guys feel about your O? Weren't INT's a problem for Landry last year? How's he developing?

badger
4/20/2010, 10:22 AM
Lol... I try to, but it's kind of like someone telling you the same joke all the time.

Pbbbth - I bet you guys still tell LSU guys they smell like corndogs, Gator guys that they should stop wearing jorts, and Auburn guys that...um... well, you probably tell them a lot of things they're sick of by now :D

There were a few "sacks" (they call it that if a defensive player gets too close to QB's blue jersey), but regardless, all of our QB's are scramblers, and Landry is d@mn fast, so I'm not too worried about that.

I think Landry's still working on control issues to complete passes to the correct team. It's hard when you're surrounded by red and white jerseys and everyone wearing the same helmets, I guess :D

texaspokieokie
4/20/2010, 10:26 AM
if it's so "un-funny";why do you keep coming back ???

Sabanball
4/20/2010, 10:55 AM
if it's so "un-funny";why do you keep coming back ???

Though an Alabama native, I was raised in Oklahoma. Lived there from the time I was 8 until I was 18. Attended the same HS that Steve Owens did. Grew up watching OU football and even got to attend several games. Have a Troy Aikman autograph from when he was on crutches during the '85 season.

Hope that answers your question.;)

Jello Biafra
4/20/2010, 11:16 AM
Lived there from the time I was 8 until I was 18. Attended the same HS that Steve Owens did. Grew up watching OU football and even got to attend several games. Have a Troy Aikman autograph from when he was on crutches during the '85 season.

Hope that answers your question.;)

so in other words, you were here when you were old enough to know better.

Sabanball
4/20/2010, 05:14 PM
so in other words, you were here when you were old enough to know better.

....and against my will.;)

josh09
4/21/2010, 09:53 AM
I didn't attend the game, but from highlights ive seen and things ive heard, our D is going to be just as good as we thought.

josh09
4/21/2010, 09:56 AM
Also, I was excited to hear about the action that our TE's got. Good to hear we're starting to include them more and more again.

jumperstop
4/21/2010, 10:52 AM
I thought we looked good, but it is hard to tell when they have the teams split up like that. But I like it that way better than the ridiculous scoring system they've had the past few years.

OK2U
4/21/2010, 10:59 AM
Also, I was excited to hear about the action that our TE's got. Good to hear we're starting to include them more and more again.
Read in an interview somewhere with Kevin Wilson being quoted as saying they are heavily focusing on bringing back the TE passing game.
Expect to see it a lot more this year, especially if Hana can get is blocking technique down.

NormanPride
4/21/2010, 11:08 AM
Ratterree looked better than Hanna.

goingoneight
4/21/2010, 12:35 PM
I think Hanna is like Quentin Chaney was... there's a lot of things he does extremely well... well enough to get on the field... he's just not all there yet with other gyus playing at a high level around him. Chaney just sorta had a light bulb turn on one day and he was great his final year and a half. So good, I'd argue he should have had that deep post thrown to him instead of Iglesias against Florida (I don't think I ever saw Iggy go up and haul that particular pass in his entire four-year career here). QC was everybody's scapegoat, in every fan's doghouse and eventually ended up being a great playmaker for us. It just sorta happened in the Bed-lame game in 2007, and he did well the rest of his time here. Even looked better than Malcom Kelly at outside WR at times.

Hopefully with more time in the system and more emphasis on getting his group the ball, he can become the next Gresham he was billed to be.