PDA

View Full Version : Kick-*** movie is...well kick ***!

MR2-Sooner86
4/17/2010, 07:53 AM
I just saw this movie last night and I highly suggest it. If you like dark humor and dark superhero movies then this is for you. Think of it as Dark Knight meets Zombieland.

However, if you don't like graphic violence, language, sexual themes, and sick/dark humor then...stop being a ***** and go see the movie.

:pop:

btk108
4/17/2010, 07:55 AM
Thinking about going to see it at the Warren after the Red/White game. Gotta love that balcony:D

SanJoaquinSooner
4/17/2010, 12:17 PM
I'm going to be a good dad and take my son to see it today, while my daughter and wife are out-of-town.

MR2-Sooner86
4/17/2010, 12:29 PM
I'm going to be a good dad and take my son to see it today, while my daughter and wife are out-of-town.

I took my 13 year old brother and he seemed to like it :D

SanJoaquinSooner
4/17/2010, 06:30 PM
The writers and the director did a great job pacing the story.

The Nicholas Cage character and his daughter really make the movie.

http://l.yimg.com/img.omg.yahoo.com/omg/us/img/13/be/2773_1288519016.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/img.omg.yahoo.com/omg/us/img/4d/1c/8204_12574649531.jpg

That and Lindsy Fonseca.

http://images.hollywoodpix.net/lyndsy-fonseca-picture-527903281.jpg

***Spoiler Alert***

I wasn't expecting Hit Girl to die at the end.

MR2-Sooner86
4/17/2010, 06:32 PM
***Spoiler Alert***

I wasn't expecting Hit Girl to die at the end.

Yeah I didn't see that coming either :pop:

;)

SanJoaquinSooner
4/17/2010, 10:51 PM
The composite Reviewers grade is a B. It would have been an A-, but Roger Ebert gave it a D. He hated it, just like he hated Napolean Dynamite. Movies that get laughs at the expense of nerds aren't his cup of tea.

They even made fun of SicEm in the movie.... said the only superpower he has is being totally invisible to women.

Crucifax Autumn
4/17/2010, 11:14 PM
I want to see this movie...Should be cool as ****.

That said, the movie is going to fall about 10 million short of what they had projected for opening weekend. Hopefully there will be good word of mouth to give it a boost over the next week or so.

Boarder
4/18/2010, 01:35 PM
I was super excited and expected a comedic movie with laughs throughout. Even though I got the laughs, for sure, the movie had a much better story than I expected. I thought it was really great and well done. I am obviously becoming desensitized to cursing and violence because I (as well as my wife and two friends who went with me) did not think the amount was anything like the buzz. It was there, for sure, but was not gratuitous. I may just be a sicko, though.

The character development was excellent and the action sequences were done really well. I really didn't have any major gripes with it. I will say that (in this rare case), the previews do it no justice. Definitely see it.

btk108
4/18/2010, 09:09 PM
I give it two thumbs up:D

sooner59
4/18/2010, 09:27 PM
I wasn't planning on seeing it because I wasn't sure how good it was gonna be, but since everybody is raving about it, I guess I'll check it out now.

silverwheels
4/18/2010, 10:13 PM
How long until some idiot parents take their 6-year-olds to see it and then complain about how violent it is?

47straight
4/19/2010, 12:01 AM
How long until some idiot parents take their 6-year-olds to see it and then complain about how violent it is?

At some point after a guy takes his 13 year old brother and tells the rest of to stop being "pussies" about graphic violence.