PDA

View Full Version : Chili Cheese Fritos

SicEmBaylor
4/16/2010, 10:11 PM
Am I the only person who eats these? I've been eating them my entire life, but I don't think I have ever seen or heard of anyone else ever eating them. Someone out there must; because, you can find them at every convenience store in the country...

Crucifax Autumn
4/16/2010, 10:18 PM
If I want a Frito Pie, I'll do it the old fashioned way.

Chuck Bao
4/16/2010, 10:27 PM
Oh, I want Frito pie. Or maybe a taco dinner would be better. That's the first thing I will ask my mom to make when I am home in May.

soonerloyal
4/16/2010, 10:30 PM
I like 'em too, Sic.

I've been trying to get up the nerve to try those Doritos All-Nighter Cheeseburger chips, too. Anyone tried 'n liked 'em?

Cheerin' 4 OU
4/16/2010, 10:37 PM
I've been trying to get up the nerve to try those Doritos All-Nighter Cheeseburger chips, too. Anyone tried 'n liked 'em?

I've tried the Jalapeno poppers ones. My word of advice: don't.

Crucifax Autumn
4/16/2010, 10:38 PM
That's what I was thinking too.

SicEmBaylor
4/16/2010, 10:41 PM
Cheeseburger chips?

This sounds enticing.

SunnySooner
4/16/2010, 11:05 PM
The chip eaters in this house, which doesn't include me, sadly, like the midnight taco Doritos. Or whatever. Something like that, I don't allow myself to get too close to the bag, my control is not that strong.

Curly Bill
4/16/2010, 11:06 PM
Count me in as a fan of the Chili Cheese Fritos.

GottaHavePride
4/16/2010, 11:13 PM
Regular Fritos for me.

Also, I hate hate HATE the flamin' hot cheetos.

Note to Frito-Lay: quit ****ing with my snack foods.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/16/2010, 11:22 PM
I used to go to Amspachers grocery on Lindsay street in Norman and get an egg salad sandwich, barbeque fritos, and a pepsi. That was a perfect lunch between classes.

SicEmBaylor
4/17/2010, 12:32 AM
I used to go to Amspachers grocery on Lindsay street in Norman and get an egg salad sandwich, barbeque fritos, and a pepsi. That was a perfect lunch during the picking season.

Fixed.

Crucifax Autumn
4/17/2010, 02:28 AM
Regular Fritos for me.

The only problems I have with them is the lack of any identifiable flavor and the weird fact that if you look at the ingredient list there are no hot ingredients.

The cheddar jalepeno version on the other hand...Way awesome flavor, but sadly lacking in heat.

Best solution is get a bag of each and eat 'em 2 at a time, 1 from each bag. :D

Crucifax Autumn
4/17/2010, 02:33 AM
Regular Fritos for me.

The only problems I have with them is the lack of any identifiable flavor and the weird fact that if you look at the ingredient list there are no hot ingredients.

The cheddar jalepeno version on the other hand...Way awesome flavor, but sadly lacking in heat.

Crucifax Autumn
4/17/2010, 02:33 AM
Regular Fritos for me.

GKeeper316
4/17/2010, 03:17 AM
chili cheese fritos is yummy

King Crimson
4/17/2010, 04:53 AM
when i lived in nw Denver, great times, we had a laundromat that made nachos and frito chili cheese fries to order while you did your laundry. that was the balls.

they had a sign up that said "yes!, we have nachos". as if to answer the hanging question all laundromats face: "do you have nachos?" (answered with an exclamation point).

i don't miss the girl, but i miss that neighborhood. gentrified and bourgie now.

MiccoMacey
4/17/2010, 06:50 AM
My lunch yesterday was a bag of chili cheese Fritos and a Dr. Pepper.

Best.
Lunch.
Ever.

delhalew
4/17/2010, 09:22 AM
For straight chip snacking, I like them a lot. I need regular if I'm going frito pie or dipping (bean dip and chedder cheese).

soonerloyal
4/17/2010, 09:22 AM
if you look at the ingredient list there are no hot ingredients.

What about the Fiery Habanero Doritos? Are they hot? Are they good? I won't touch 'em if they are hot - I'm the poster child for a Scoville Scale Wuss. :O

tulsaoilerfan
4/17/2010, 10:44 AM
If u peeps like something hot, we have 3 Flavors of Doritos that are right up your alley; Burn Notice 1(jalapeno) Burn Notice 2(buffalo) and Burn Notice 3(habanero); haven't been able to get the 3rd flavor yet, but BN 1 will set your *** on fire and BN 2 isn't too far behind, but i really like the flavor of both of them

soonerinabilene
4/17/2010, 07:15 PM
i have a frito route, and chili cheese fritos are one of my top sellers. if you like whoppers, you will probably like the new cheeseburger doritos. the fiery habenero are pretty hot, but nowhere close to the burn notice doritos. my highest recommendation is our salt and pepper kettle chips. they are freakin awesome.

MiccoMacey
4/17/2010, 09:33 PM
I like 'em too, Sic.

I bought them today and no one at the fire station liked them.

SicEmBaylor
4/17/2010, 10:20 PM
I bought them today and no one at the fire station liked them.

I'm not sure I want people with such bad judgement fighting my fires.

MiccoMacey
4/18/2010, 10:30 AM
I'm not sure I want people with such bad judgement fighting my fires.

:D

Maybe we shouldn't have eaten them after inhaling all that smoke. :)

Plus, you do realize we at least share the same affinity for the Heaven-sent, made by God's own hands Chili Cheese frito. We just didn't like the Cheeseburger chip. So we have that going for us.

My Opinion Matters
4/18/2010, 06:50 PM
My 6 year old daughter loves them. Her absolute favorite meal is frito pie with chili cheese fritos. She's a true Okie. :O

tulsaoilerfan
4/18/2010, 10:42 PM
My 6 year old daughter loves them. Her absolute favorite meal is frito pie with chili cheese fritos. She's a true Okie. :O

If we have chili for dinner then we have chili cheese fritos for the frito pie; i prefer them over the regular fritos any day

SicEmBaylor
4/18/2010, 11:56 PM
The bad thing about them is the absolute TOXIC breath you get from them. My dad could never even stand the smell of them. He sure hated it when I'd eat them in the car and he'd have to smell the damned things. :D

salth2o
4/19/2010, 08:19 AM
Chili cheese Fritos rmfo... I have a bag packed in my lunch today.