PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot or Lowes?

Okla-homey
4/16/2010, 07:43 PM
I prefer Lowes.

What say you?

:pop:

GottaHavePride
4/16/2010, 07:49 PM
Home Depot is orange.

I hate orange.

Collier11
4/16/2010, 08:07 PM
Lowes, easily. You can go to Lowes and ask for any random thing and they will tell you exactly where it is or what you are looking for

trwxxa
4/16/2010, 08:10 PM
Between the two, Lowes

I usually go to Ace first.

SoonerStormchaser
4/16/2010, 08:30 PM
Lowes...they give me a military discount...which has come in great handy for the amount of garden/landscaping/kitchen appliance crap I've bought from them the past four months. Figure I've saved almost a grand so far.

SicEmBaylor
4/16/2010, 08:43 PM
Lowes...they give me a military discount...which has come in great handy for the amount of garden/landscaping/kitchen appliance crap I've bought from them the past four months. Figure I've saved almost a grand so far.

Between your military discount and your wife's AARP discount you probably make out like a bandit at retail stores.

Collier11
4/16/2010, 08:47 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

Crucifax Autumn
4/16/2010, 08:51 PM
SicEm has the post of the day!

Collier11
4/16/2010, 08:51 PM
thats what I was thinking, major props to that one

Curly Bill
4/16/2010, 11:18 PM
Shoulda been a pole.

Boarder
4/17/2010, 12:03 AM
I used to choose Lowes over Hd because I hated Tony Stewart. But now, Jimmie Johnson is really making me mad and Stewart has mellowed, so I have a quandry. That's when I turn to plan b, orange loses.

ACE is a store barely alive.
There's a Forest Building Center 1 mile from me. Next time I need some building supplies, I'm giving them a try.

John Kochtoston
4/17/2010, 12:18 AM
I have a fraternity brother who manages a Lowe's, and I'd like him to be rich someday so I can sit in his suite at Memorial Stadium, so, I say Lowe's.

SicEmBaylor
4/17/2010, 12:30 AM
I have a fraternity brother who manages a Lowe's, and I'd like him to be rich someday so I can sit in his suite at Memorial Stadium, so, I say Lowe's.

You know I used to work for this candidate for State Rep. in Waco who was crazy-*** rich and had a box at The Case (Baylor's stadium). He'd let his staff up to his box whenever we wanted. The first couple of times I thought it was awesome, but I stopped going up there because I honestly liked being down in the student section better. It was just more fun being with a rowdy crowd than way up in the box away from the crowd.

olevetonahill
4/17/2010, 01:06 AM
They have ROWDY crowds at any Baylor game ? :eek:

SicEmBaylor
4/17/2010, 01:10 AM
They have ROWDY crowds at any Baylor game ? :eek:

Well, rowdy by our standards.

GKeeper316
4/17/2010, 02:01 AM
as much as i agree that orange is the nastiest most vile color in the universe...

i still shop at home depot because they are a major sponsor of major league soccer and support youth soccer programs all over the country through the lamar hunt foundation.

royalfan5
4/17/2010, 07:41 AM
I save big money at Menard's.

Okla-homey
4/17/2010, 07:41 AM
as much as i agree that orange is the nastiest most vile color in the universe...

i still shop at home depot because they are a major sponsor of major league soccer and support youth soccer programs all over the country through the lamar hunt foundation.

That right there is reason enough for me never to set foot in Home Depot again. Soccer, especially "youth soccer" is ruining this country. As to team sports, children should play baseball, softball, basketball or football. That's it. period.

Soccer is poor man's game, popular in dirty countries where they can't afford baseball or football. American kids deserve better.

Stitch Face
4/17/2010, 09:38 AM
I save big money at Menard's.

that's menarded

Harry Beanbag
4/17/2010, 12:07 PM
I like Lowe's a little better. Home Depot is closer though.

I used to choose Lowes over Hd because I hated Tony Stewart. But now, Jimmie Johnson is really making me mad and Stewart has mellowed, so I have a quandry. That's when I turn to plan b, orange loses.

ACE is a store barely alive.
There's a Forest Building Center 1 mile from me. Next time I need some building supplies, I'm giving them a try.

Stewart doesn't drive for HD anymore.

GKeeper316
4/17/2010, 02:04 PM
That right there is reason enough for me never to set foot in Home Depot again. Soccer, especially "youth soccer" is ruining this country. As to team sports, children should play baseball, softball, basketball or football. That's it. period.

Soccer is poor man's game, popular in dirty countries where they can't afford baseball or football. American kids deserve better.

Soccer is the greatest sport ever invented and soccer players are the best athletes in the world.

How exactly is it that soccer is ruining America?

SicEmBaylor
4/17/2010, 02:09 PM
Soccer is the greatest sport ever invented and soccer players are the best athletes in the world.

How exactly is it that soccer is ruining America?

Soccer is gayer than **m on a moustache.

colleyvillesooner
4/17/2010, 02:11 PM
If i need more choices for a new sink fixture, Lowes. If I want supplies or advice on how to fix/build something, SF.com, then HD. :D

At least in our area, Lowes is the Yuppy Home Depot.

sooner59
4/17/2010, 03:28 PM
Last time I asked somebody for help in HD, they didn't speak English. So I'm gonna go with Lowes.

JohnnyMack
4/17/2010, 04:11 PM
In Tulsa check out the Best Hardware on brookside. It's a total trip.

Dio
4/17/2010, 04:18 PM
Home Depot is orange.

I hate orange.

THIS. Been saying it for years.

GottaHavePride
4/17/2010, 04:23 PM

Trying to limit people's freedom of choice sounds downright communist there, Homey. ;)

Okla-homey
4/17/2010, 04:55 PM
Trying to limit people's freedom of choice sounds downright communist there, Homey. ;)

Barring folks' access to something that is harmful to their children, and indirectly, the entire nation crosses all ideologies.

Soccer is a pathology that weakens the minds and upper bodies of the kids who play it and leeches our national strength. If you doubt it, you need only consider that no football or rugby playing nation has ever lost a war to a soccer playing nation.

Moreover, more of our girls and young women have blown out their knees playing this destroyer of souls than in any other team sport. If you tried to foist a product that caused separated, torn or strained anterior cruciate ligaments in upwards of 20% of the females who used said product, you would end up in the poor house after you were sued to oblivion.

Okla-homey
4/17/2010, 05:01 PM

In the interest of being fair and balanced, both Lowes and HD give 10% off to any military ID holder (Active Duty, Guard, Reserve, Retired)

GKeeper316
4/17/2010, 05:11 PM
Moreover, more of our girls and young women have blown out their knees playing this destroyer of souls than in any other team sport. If you tried to foist a product that caused separated, torn or strained anterior cruciate ligaments in upwards of 20% of the females who used said product, you would end up in the poor house after you were sued to oblivion.

women are more likely to blow out thier knees (compared to men) because of the way their hips are built.

you cant blame the game of soccer for that. any game that requires rapid acceleration/deceleration while changing direction will blow out a knee.

VeeJay
4/17/2010, 05:16 PM
We went through the real estate meltdown, trying to sell our Ft. Lauderdale home in 2007. We got an offer in 2009 and sold it for one half of what we had it originally listed for.

Short sale.

Which dinged my credit. Surprisingly, the fallout has not been that severe. Yet, HD was the first (and only) creditor to close my account and demand payment of my balance. I'd had a HD revolving credit account for 12 years, always kept a balance paying their 22% interest rate, and never missed or been late on a payment.

So I paid the balance off a few months ago and haven't been back in there since. Screw them and the horse they rode in on. Consumers have options. I'd just as soon go to a True Value or Dollar General and get the same cheap Chinese made crap and pay cash.

John Kochtoston
4/17/2010, 05:57 PM
You know I used to work for this candidate for State Rep. in Waco who was crazy-*** rich and had a box at The Case (Baylor's stadium). He'd let his staff up to his box whenever we wanted. The first couple of times I thought it was awesome, but I stopped going up there because I honestly liked being down in the student section better. It was just more fun being with a rowdy crowd than way up in the box away from the crowd.

You could put me in the freaking Taj Mahal on a sofa of rich Corinthian leather while receiving "personal services" from the Laker girls and Baylor football wouldn't be enjoyable.

John Kochtoston
4/17/2010, 06:00 PM
women are more likely to blow out thier knees (compared to men) because of the way their hips are built.

you cant blame the game of soccer for that. any game that requires rapid acceleration/deceleration while changing direction will blow out a knee.

Maybe, but he's spot on about soccer being a benchmark in the downfall of Western Civilization.

:D

Okla-homey
4/17/2010, 06:08 PM

So WTF do we encourage girls to play a sport that will very probably lead to their being cripples when they're 50? Hmmmm?

GKeeper316
4/17/2010, 06:15 PM
So WTF do we encourage girls to play a sport that will very probably lead to their being cripples when they're 50? Hmmmm?

i dont know... same reason we encourage boys to do the same?

tommieharris91
4/17/2010, 06:16 PM
Soccer is a pathology that weakens the minds and upper bodies of the kids who play it and leeches our national strength. If you doubt it, you need only consider that no football or rugby playing nation has ever lost a war to a soccer playing nation.

France has a rugby team. ;)

olevetonahill
4/17/2010, 06:47 PM
France has a rugby team. ;)

But did they Have it Back in da day ?
Ya know befer they Lost all those brand spankin NEW weapons and shat ?:D

tommieharris91
4/17/2010, 06:49 PM
But did they Have it Back in da day ?
Ya know befer they Lost all those brand spankin NEW weapons and shat ?:D

Yep. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France_national_rugby_union_team)

Rugby was introduced to France in 1872 by the British, and on New Year's Day 1906 the national side played its first Test match — against New Zealand in Paris.

olevetonahill
4/17/2010, 07:14 PM
But By then they wernt really a NATION were they ?Ya know WW1&2 ? :D :D

tommieharris91
4/17/2010, 07:18 PM
But By then they wernt really a NATION were they ?Ya know WW1&2 ? :D :D

You goin LL on me?

olevetonahill
4/17/2010, 07:23 PM
You goin LL on me?

OH Hell NO now I got to go Hide my head in Shame and YOU need to warsh yer mouth out with soap .:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

olevetonahill
4/17/2010, 07:38 PM
You goin LL on me?

LL would rather Climb a Bodark tree neked ( Ya know the Ones with the Bigassed thorns ? )And argue, as to stand on the ground and try to get along :D

Boarder
4/18/2010, 01:20 PM
I like Lowe's a little better. Home Depot is closer though.

Stewart doesn't drive for HD anymore.
Yes, I realize that, but I tend to hold a grudge. And, the orange thing...

Boarder
4/18/2010, 01:21 PM
LL would rather Climb a Bodark tree neked ( Ya know the Ones with the Bigassed thorns ? )And argue, as to stand on the ground and try to get along :D
Why haven't bodark trees (or Russian olives, for that matter) been banned?

Okla-homey
4/18/2010, 01:58 PM
Why haven't bodark trees (or Russian olives, for that matter) been banned?

Because bois d'arc still makes the strongest and most durable bows. Hence the name "bois d'arc," translated from the French, "wood of the bow."

BudSooner
4/18/2010, 03:44 PM
Sutherland lumber company, **** the rest.

Okla-homey
4/18/2010, 04:34 PM
Sutherland lumber company, **** the rest.

Does Sutherlands have the same wide selection of Chinese-made goods as Lowes and Home Depot? Because its important that we keep buying Chinese stiff, or else they might call our note.

TUSooner
4/18/2010, 05:00 PM

Of course I respectfully but wholeheartedly disagree with your statement born of bigotry and ignorance, especially with your penultimate sentence. I should have saved all my receipts for 2 daughters playing premier club soccer for about 9 years each just to prove my point. Well I guess it did render me poor. :O

Girls softball is OK, even though in the later teen years it seems to be the domain of chunky lesbianesque girls. My girls owe a lot of their physical and mental fitness to playing sports, the main one of which was "youth soccer." Therefore I cordially invite you to chew on my dirty skivvies, Counsellor. :D

Boomer.....
4/18/2010, 05:45 PM
Lowes all the way!

BudSooner
4/18/2010, 09:03 PM
Does Sutherlands have the same wide selection of Chinese-made goods as Lowes and Home Depot? Because its important that we keep buying Chinese stiff, or else they might call our note.
Don't know how much of the stuff they carry from China, I pay attention to that alot.

I like to buy 'Merican. :P
But seriously, I shop them because they are good people and are always ready to help find anything, have good products, good prices and the products are usually easy to find....great for us old fogies. ;)

SoonerJack
4/19/2010, 08:11 AM
Of course I respectfully but wholeheartedly disagree with your statement born of bigotry and ignorance, especially with your penultimate sentence. I should have saved all my receipts for 2 daughters playing premier club soccer for about 9 years each just to prove my point. Well I guess it did render me poor. :O

Girls softball is OK, even though in the later teen years it seems to be the domain of chunky lesbianesque girls. My girls owe a lot of their physical and mental fitness to playing sports, the main one of which was "youth soccer." Therefore I cordially invite you to chew on my dirty skivvies, Counsellor. :D

Girls volleyball is the best spectator sport on the planet. The uniforms :eek:. I guess college football would be second best.

Oh, and I vote for Lowe's because it's closer to mah house and I know where everything is.

goingoneight
4/19/2010, 04:57 PM
I've found just about everything to be more expensive, and not always in stock at Home Depot. I've been remodeling since December.