PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts?

C&CDean
4/16/2010, 01:49 PM
One of the innerweb pass-arounds, but I thought it was fairly accurate and fair. Your thoughts?

This sums it up pretty well..

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.

If a liberal doesn't like guns, he feels that no one should have one.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.

If a liberal is, he wants to ban all meat products for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy.

A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.

If a liberal is homosexual, he loudly demands legislated respect.

If a black man or Hispanic is conservative, they see themselves as independently successful.

Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation..

A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.

Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.

A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God or religion silenced.

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.

A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

TopDawg
4/16/2010, 01:51 PM
One of the innerweb pass-arounds, but I thought it was fairly accurate and fair. Your thoughts?

My thoughts? You're being sarcastic when you say "fairly accurate and fair."

XingTheRubicon
4/16/2010, 01:52 PM
Conservative = haves

Liberal = wants

C&CDean
4/16/2010, 01:55 PM
My thoughts? You're being sarcastic when you say "fairly accurate and fair."

Not really. Tell me where the comparisons are wrong. Generally speaking I mean.

JohnnyMack
4/16/2010, 01:55 PM
Liberal = wants

Except for the powerful Liberal Media and Trial Lawyers and Rich Hollywood Types and...

JohnnyMack
4/16/2010, 01:56 PM
I'm making pulled pork on the ol' smoker this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out.

C&CDean
4/16/2010, 01:58 PM
Conservatives make their pulled pork quietly

Liberals brag about it

XingTheRubicon
4/16/2010, 01:59 PM
Except for the powerful Liberal Media and Trial Lawyers and Rich Hollywood Types and...

That makes up about 3% of US liberals.

JohnnyMack
4/16/2010, 02:01 PM
Conservatives make their pulled pork quietly

Liberals brag about it

You don't pull your pork quietly. It sounds like the garbage smasher scene from Star Wars when you're going at it in fact.

C&CDean
4/16/2010, 02:03 PM
Conservatives don't tell about pulling their pork

Liberals complain that it's too noisy

Pricetag
4/16/2010, 02:17 PM
I can't think of a better way to describe that e-mail than noisy pork pulling.

Crucifax Autumn
4/16/2010, 02:20 PM
I think I'm gonna go pull my pork instead of reading any more of this.

TopDawg
4/16/2010, 02:23 PM
Not really. Tell me where the comparisons are wrong. Generally speaking I mean.

At first glance...

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.

If a liberal doesn't like guns, he feels that no one should have one.

Is there a strong liberal movement to get rid of all guns?

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.

If a liberal is, he wants to ban all meat products for everyone.

Is there a strong liberal movement to get rid of all meat products?

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy.

A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

So you might think this one is right. But fair? Maybe, then, you think this is fair too...generally speaking, of course:

If a liberal meets someone that doesn't look like him, he doesn't assume they are a threat.

If a conservative meets someone that doesn't look like him, they want to defeat that threat.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.

If a liberal is homosexual, he loudly demands legislated respect.

Again, maybe you think this is right. So fair? How about this:

If a liberal is Christian, he quietly leads his life.

If a conservative is Christian, he loudly demands legislated respect.

If a black man or Hispanic is conservative, they see themselves as independently successful.

Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation..

A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

I wonder how many Republicans in Oklahoma get government assistance. I know more conservatives Oklahomans getting gov't assistance than liberal Oklahomans getting gov't assistance.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.

Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

Is there a strong liberal movement to get rid of all conservative pundits? Keep in mind that complaining about them is different than trying to shut them down. If liberals are loud complainers about media members, it's only because they've learned from the best.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.

A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God or religion silenced.

Is there a strong liberal movement to get rid of all mentions of God or religion?

C&CDean
4/16/2010, 02:30 PM
Who said anything about "strong liberal movements?" Geez.

And the whole "conservative christians demand legislated respect" is a complete pile of poop and you know it. Liberals have been on a "strong liberal movement" to get anything mentioning God, religion, etc. removed from everywhere and everything - even though the reference to God/religion have been there for generations. Some christians are fighting back. WTF do you expect them to do?

Crucifax Autumn
4/16/2010, 02:33 PM
F 'em all.

TopDawg
4/16/2010, 02:35 PM
And the whole "conservative christians demand legislated respect" is a complete pile of poop and you know it.

Yes, I know it. Unfortunately, you don't know that everything you posted is a complete pile of poop.

Jello Biafra
4/16/2010, 02:40 PM
F 'em all.

with sticks.

C&CDean
4/16/2010, 02:44 PM
Yes, I know it. Unfortunately, you don't know that everything you posted is a complete pile of poop.

Is not.

Crucifax Autumn
4/16/2010, 02:50 PM
Slap fight!!!!

sooner59
4/16/2010, 03:05 PM
Four score and seven piles of poop ago....

Sir, does Mr. Boothe have a gun? He does? Awww ****....

olevetonahill
4/16/2010, 03:32 PM
Seems pretty spot on to me .

Collier11
4/16/2010, 03:45 PM
more or less

Oldnslo
4/16/2010, 04:02 PM
Both conservatives and liberals want their pork pulled by hawt babes.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

C&CDean
4/16/2010, 04:04 PM
Dude, you're Jewish. You can't have your pork pulled.

goingoneight
4/16/2010, 04:26 PM
Conservatives pull their pork to liberals and vice-versa.

goingoneight
4/16/2010, 04:30 PM
Conservatives want a college football playoff.

Liberals want a playoff tax and a 200-team bracket.

Veritas
4/16/2010, 04:33 PM
I'd say that as a conservative that's how liberals often come across.

C&CDean
4/16/2010, 04:37 PM
And there you have it folks.

sooner59
4/16/2010, 04:53 PM
Let me ask one question. As slightly liberal (I have my different leans on different issues), of all the things I hear about liberals on here, I associate myself more with the conservative side of the argument....which seems kinda odd.

Can all the conservatives agree that many people who may consider themselves on the left do not fit in the broad and generalized categories that are most created? I may not be 100% in agreement with everything the conservative people say, but that doesn't make me the polar opposite like most of you make it out to be. There is a lot of gray area in this.....it ain't all black and white.....or liberal or conservative for that matter.

C&CDean
4/16/2010, 04:54 PM
You sound like a conservative to me.

sooner59
4/16/2010, 05:06 PM
Exactly my point. Yet I voted for Obama. Don't get me wrong. I haven't been excited about what he has done so far. But I was a Clinton guy, too. At least he could balance a budget. However, I voted for Bush in '04, because anyone could see at least he had experience and Kerry was doosh.

I am for helping people get medical care, just not the way it has been done with this bill. I hated the bailouts. I also hated going to Iraq in the first place. And I have no problem with Obama giving a slight bow to heads of state where that is customary as a greeting. I hate Fox news, Sarah Palin, and Ann Coulter, yet I love my guns, spanking kids, and going hunting/fishing. I am pretty middle of the road. I feel like a fiscal conservative with old school morals, yet a social liberal with understanding of other people's lives.

There seems to be no in-between around here. You are either a moral oldschool conservative who loves America or an atheist dirty liberal *ussy. Overall, I normally tip a little to the left (60/40 or 55/45), but I don't fit in those liberal generalizations. So I'm just saying that many of you have the wrong perception of people in the game of Red VS Blue.

Collier11
4/16/2010, 05:11 PM
you can be of a particular party and still vote for who you feel will be the best for our Country. I might question your rationale in voting for Obama though :D

TopDawg
4/16/2010, 05:15 PM
There seems to be no in-between around here. You are either a moral oldschool conservative who loves America or an atheist dirty liberal *ussy. Overall, I normally tip a little to the left (60/40 or 55/45), but I don't fit in those liberal generalizations. So I'm just saying that many of you have the wrong perception of people in the game of Red VS Blue.

People have to think about the "gray area" posts, and then they forget to give spek. The black/white type of posts gain you more 'spek. That's why you see them so much.

Dean's just a 'spek junkie.

sooner59
4/16/2010, 05:22 PM
By the end of Bush's term, I didn't want anyone like him as the next POTUS. I wasn't a huge Obama fan, but I didn't care much for McCain either. Obama's healthcare thing was something I liked, but he got in and fu**ed it up. McCain wants to bomb Iran yesterday. I saw him say that on TV. I don't think sparking a war with the entire middle-east is the best thing to do right now. Oh, and did I say how much I like Palin? It ain't too damn much. Bidens a tool, but we knew that already. I think it is good for the parties to switch off in office now and then. Even if I don't like one of them, I still know that other people may not agree with me and they have just as much of a voice as I do in this country. Its give and take. If you are middle or the road, you either don't give a ****, or like me, you get small amount of good from both parties and stay pissed at both the rest of the time because they are all full of ****. That's just my opinion, though.

But you are right Collier, I am 100% for voting for the best person for the job regardless of party affiliations. Most of the time I just ask myself not which one will do the things I want done, but rather which one will do less things to chap my ***, LOL. Whether I end up right or wrong, this time it was Obama, next time, it just might be Mr. Fox news. Who knows.

Crucifax Autumn
4/16/2010, 05:23 PM
It turns out 59 is one of the smartest Mofos on this board!

Collier11
4/16/2010, 05:27 PM
He's just not afraid to voice common sense

Curly Bill
4/16/2010, 05:31 PM
I think the OP is spot-on!

5 stars

Crucifax Autumn
4/16/2010, 05:41 PM
He's just not afraid to voice common sense

Around here on most days that qualifies as Mensa level brilliance. :D

GottaHavePride
4/16/2010, 05:50 PM
... many of you have the wrong perception of people in the game of Red VS Blue.

Makes me think of this:

"Dude, there's no 'I' in TEAM."

"Yeah? Well there's no YOU in TEAM either. And if I'M not on the team, and YOU'RE not on the team, then NO ONE'S on the goddamn team! The team sucks!"

sooner59
4/16/2010, 05:52 PM
Ever watch those Red vs Blue Halo shows? I remember when they first came out and I was addicted to Halo. Classic stuff.

GottaHavePride
4/16/2010, 06:01 PM
Yeah, that's what I was referencing. I love when they got blown into the future.

"But if we're here right now, doesn't that make THIS the present?"

"I told you, the present no longer exists! It got blown up in a gigantic explosion! This is the FUTURE."

sooner59
4/16/2010, 06:09 PM
LOL. Nice. Didn't most of those episodes take place in Blood Gulch? I always used to grab a sniper rifle and hide so I could pick people off. People would get so nervous when they heard the zoom of my scope, hehe.

SunnySooner
4/16/2010, 06:37 PM
Here's the best summation I've ever heard:

Awwwww, this guy doesn't have any.

Conservatives: Screw him, I worked my *** off for mine, let him get his own.

Liberal: He doesn't have any? That's TRAGIC...Let's give him some of yours.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/16/2010, 07:31 PM
If a liberal is a believer, he might go to church or worship God in his own way.

If a conservative is a believer, he wants the bible read over the school intercom every damned morning and wants everyone in a captive audience to listen to his self-absorbed prayer.

Collier11
4/16/2010, 07:33 PM
you try way too hard sometimes

SanJoaquinSooner
4/16/2010, 08:11 PM
If a liberal is not attracted to persons of the same sex, then he/she doesn't marry one.

If a conservative is not attracted to persons of the same sex, then by God nobody can marry one.

Collier11
4/16/2010, 08:15 PM
If a conservative had his way, Illegals would be asked to go back home as the law states

If a lib has their way, we give the illegal all the rights and benefits of the typical citizen

Crucifax Autumn
4/16/2010, 08:42 PM
If a moderate has his way the businesses that hire the illegals get busted down until there is no market for illegals while also avoiding the ridiculous arguments about how to treat these "poor human beings" who are "law breaking criminals".

Collier11
4/16/2010, 08:46 PM
I thought you were moderate? :D

Crucifax Autumn
4/16/2010, 08:50 PM
I am, and keeping people from hiring illegals is the only real way to stop the problem.

Collier11
4/16/2010, 08:51 PM
actually, the only real way to stop the problem is to stop letting them in the country from the get go

Crucifax Autumn
4/16/2010, 08:57 PM
Not gonna happen. Giving them a total lack of a reason to come here on the other hand will have an amazing effect. Countless hordes have returned to Mexico thanks to the lack of jobs in this recession so imagine how many would just stay home or go back if they weren't able to earn even 6 pesos working here?

homerSimpsonsBrain
4/17/2010, 12:15 PM
Not gonna happen. Giving them a total lack of a reason to come here on the other hand will have an amazing effect. Countless hordes have returned to Mexico thanks to the lack of jobs in this recession so imagine how many would just stay home or go back if they weren't able to earn even 6 pesos working here?

WINNER!! First time offense = big fine. Second offense = huge fine. Third offense = out of business. The fence wouldnt be keeping them out at that point. It'd be keeping them in.

PDXsooner
4/17/2010, 12:25 PM
that is hilarious! i guess that explains why you aren't able to discuss anything, your view of people makes absolutely no sense!

SanJoaquinSooner
4/17/2010, 12:25 PM
WINNER!! First time offense = big fine. Second offense = huge fine. Third offense = out of business. The fence wouldnt be keeping them out at that point. It'd be keeping them in.

If an employee used his cousin's ID and SSN to get the job is the business held accountable?

SoonerStormchaser
4/17/2010, 01:43 PM

No...they WANT you to listen to their stupidity so they feel like they make a difference in your life instead of making ****ty movies/legal rulings/quips on television.

olevetonahill
4/17/2010, 01:56 PM
If an employee used his cousin's ID and SSN to get the job is the business held accountable?

Why wouldnt they be ?
Unless of course said cousin was an Identical twin :rolleyes:

delhalew
4/17/2010, 02:55 PM
By the end of Bush's term, I didn't want anyone like him as the next POTUS. I wasn't a huge Obama fan, but I didn't care much for McCain either. Obama's healthcare thing was something I liked, but he got in and fu**ed it up. McCain wants to bomb Iran yesterday. I saw him say that on TV. I don't think sparking a war with the entire middle-east is the best thing to do right now. Oh, and did I say how much I like Palin? It ain't too damn much. Bidens a tool, but we knew that already. I think it is good for the parties to switch off in office now and then. Even if I don't like one of them, I still know that other people may not agree with me and they have just as much of a voice as I do in this country. Its give and take. If you are middle or the road, you either don't give a ****, or like me, you get small amount of good from both parties and stay pissed at both the rest of the time because they are all full of ****. That's just my opinion, though.

But you are right Collier, I am 100% for voting for the best person for the job regardless of party affiliations. Most of the time I just ask myself not which one will do the things I want done, but rather which one will do less things to chap my ***, LOL. Whether I end up right or wrong, this time it was Obama, next time, it just might be Mr. Fox news. Who knows.

I appreciate your moderate views. On the other hand, moderates are agreeable to a point of letting us slide down a hill away from liberty. The left ain't ****ing around. As a former moderate I sat by and watched for too long. I don't think we are divided enough. The rest of my life will we spent at war with people who don't like what our nation was founded to be and want to see evolve into just another nanny state.
But still, good on ya' for being able to get along with everybody. Cause I'm
done.
By the way, I get your reservations with dealing with Iran. I believe the true conservative view is non-intervention. Examples: World War one was none of our business, we should have gotten in WWII sooner, Vietnam was not a good idea, Fighting Al Queda...thumbs up, nation building in Afghanistan and Irag...thumbs down, somebody is going to have to deal with Iran and better do it quickly. I would just prefer it not be us.

delhalew
4/17/2010, 03:00 PM
Here's the best summation I've ever heard:

Awwwww, this guy doesn't have any.

Conservatives: Screw him, I worked my *** off for mine, let him get his own.
it's a good thing I give to my local charities and the church on the corner is good about helping. After all, that's what communities do. Look out for each other.
Liberal: He doesn't have any? That's TRAGIC...Let's give him some of yours.
We can set a massive bureaucracy to wage class warfare on the part of the downtrodden and reap the benefits from here to eternity. Individual liberties be damned.

That's view on what was not a bad post in the first place.

TopDawg
4/17/2010, 04:44 PM
On the other hand, moderates are agreeable to a point of letting us slide down a hill away from liberty.

Oh yay! It's about time we had some ridiculous generalizations about moderates in this thread.

What took so long?!

SanJoaquinSooner
4/17/2010, 05:02 PM
Why wouldnt they be ?
Unless of course said cousin was an Identical twin :rolleyes:

Never mind that ID pictures can be over 5 years old and not look all that much like the person, presently. How difficult do you think it is to get an ID with your own picture on it with your cousin's name? It can be a school ID. Should the business still be held accountable?

olevetonahill
4/17/2010, 05:35 PM
Excuse me jaun I should have made my answer simple fer ya to unnerstan
YES

delhalew
4/17/2010, 05:40 PM
Oh yay! It's about time we had some ridiculous generalizations about moderates in this thread.

What took so long?!

I'm there for ya'.:D