PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with Big Ben?

JohnnyMack
4/16/2010, 01:30 PM
I decided to post this here because, well, no one reads the General Sports forum. But also because I feel like this story transcends just sports, in a Michael Vick, Tiger Woods trainwreck sort of way.

So it appears that Ben Roethlisberger has shown his penis to lots of people, whether they wanted to see it or not. So far no criminal charges have been filed, but this guys image and reputation are pretty much destroyed. So what do you do if you're Art Rooney? What do you do if you're Roger Goodell? What do you do if you're the NFLPA? Should this guy be playing football in the NFL?

TUSooner
4/16/2010, 01:33 PM
Whack his pee-pee?

homerSimpsonsBrain
4/16/2010, 01:36 PM
BURN HIM. HE'S A WITCH

Mjcpr
4/16/2010, 01:46 PM
He'll probably be suspended by the league but from a team standpoint, no other team would do anything since no charges were filed. The Steelers are the lone exception but even they seem reluctant to do anything so far...I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded.

C&CDean
4/16/2010, 02:01 PM
Did anybody else see his ugly greasy mulleted face/head when he made his statement? The guy looks like a lecherous perv. Or maybe a back-alley gold chain salesman or something. I bet his sister is proud.

badger
4/16/2010, 02:10 PM
It's really too bad because his sister seems like such a nice person. Alas, Dean you may think I'm insane for saying this, but the NFL in Pittsburgh is almost bigger than the NFL in Green Bay. As such, Big Ben has been king of Pittsburgh since the day he arrived and got them back to the Super Bowl (his rookie season, right?) and it probably warped his little Miami-Ohio mind dealing with it all.

He needs to get out of Pittsburgh. Trade him, dump him, etc., get him out. Get a fresh start with a new team, new teammates, new fans in a new town.

...so long as it's not Green Bay.

JohnnyMack
4/16/2010, 02:12 PM
Over/under on how long it is before Ben is in the Tiger Woods Suite at the sex rehab place down in MS? I'll go with April 28th.

C&CDean
4/16/2010, 02:26 PM
It's really too bad because his sister seems like such a nice person. Alas, Dean you may think I'm insane for saying this, but the NFL in Pittsburgh is almost bigger than the NFL in Green Bay. As such, Big Ben has been king of Pittsburgh since the day he arrived and got them back to the Super Bowl (his rookie season, right?) and it probably warped his little Miami-Ohio mind dealing with it all.

He needs to get out of Pittsburgh. Trade him, dump him, etc., get him out. Get a fresh start with a new team, new teammates, new fans in a new town.

Oh I know all about Pittsburgh Steeler fans. I work with a bunch of guys out of Baltimore who are from PA and they're crazy fools over their Steelers. I've been yanking their chains all week over this one. Most of them are pretty much "well if they dropped the charges, no big deal."

Crucifax Autumn
4/16/2010, 02:29 PM
Did anybody else see his ugly greasy mulleted face/head when he made his statement? The guy looks like a lecherous perv. Or maybe a back-alley gold chain salesman or something. I bet his sister is proud.

And I thought I was the only one that noticed that!

He looked like the guy in the trailer running the meth lab while banging junkie chicks for free speed.

OhU1
4/16/2010, 02:46 PM
I was going to comment along the lines of what Dean said. Roethlisberger is one ugly dude and he hasn't even hit 30 yet I think.

Sounds to me like Roethlisberger is flirting with or has actually crossed the line of actual rape but the evidence is not great enough for a D.A. to take a swing at trying to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt."

Incidentally I've heard that criminal profilers do not consider "flashers" and "peeping toms" to be the harmless perverts we might assume they are. Apparently a lot of rapists and even serial killers started out with these activities until they became emboldened to push the envelope a little further.

Remember OSU basketball player Byron Houston? He got off on jerking off in front of women in public and was caught several times. I'll bet it was only a matter of time before he moved on to rape were he not arrested. If you want to read about an extreme case of a jock football player going from flasher to rapist serial killer read about former Green Bay Packer draftee Randall Woodfield ("The I-5 killer"). http://www.mysterycrimescene.com/i-5-killer.html

Jello Biafra
4/16/2010, 02:53 PM

o no way...he would be a great fit for GB....seriously.

C&CDean
4/16/2010, 03:42 PM
I think Tommie Harris and Dusty need a new team mate.

Mjcpr
4/16/2010, 03:44 PM
Dusty needs any teammate.

Collier11
4/16/2010, 03:46 PM
Suspend for 8 games

Jello Biafra
4/16/2010, 04:35 PM
I think Tommie Harris and Dusty need a new team mate.

roflmao....you know that shizzle aint gonna happen. the majority owner of the team has made his mind up on the qb of the future....you KNOW hes going to ride that pack mule until it dies of old age.

C&CDean
4/16/2010, 04:36 PM
You mean that homo ya'll got from Denver? Good luck with that.

BudSooner
4/16/2010, 05:49 PM
Trade his azz to St Louis so we can get Sammy!