PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

btk108
4/15/2010, 10:59 PM
letting KFOR know they are taking the wrong tact for the 15th anniversary of the Murrah Bombing. I'm not trying to take any glory, I'm just thinking about those who gave their lives in the attack...and those who disregarded their own safey in the days after....here's my post to their website and Facebook page. I'm llooking for a little SF help if you feel abliged.

I know you are a NBC affliliate, but you are also Oklahomans. Let MSNBC air what they want, I advertise on and watch your news on 4 and 43. You need to stop airing the McVeigh tapes and focus on survivors. I lost no one in the bombing, but I spent 17 days of my life away from my family helping the Medical Examiners Office from day one. From interviewing families that night..to receiving bodies for days after that.
Do you realize how many nights people like me woke up screaming at night because of the horror WE saw? I deal with death everyday but you can't begin to imagine the images we experienced.
This is just sensationalism, we all know McVeigh was responsible, now you're just opening up almost healed wounds. Please stop and stop it now.

SicEmBaylor
4/15/2010, 11:38 PM
letting KFOR know they are taking the wrong tact for the 15th anniversary of the Murrah Bombing. I'm not trying to take any glory, I'm just thinking about those who gave their lives in the attack...and those who disregarded their own safey in the days after....here's my post to their website and Facebook page. I'm llooking for a little SF help if you feel abliged.

I know you are a NBC affliliate, but you are also Oklahomans. Let MSNBC air what they want, I advertise on and watch your news on 4 and 43. You need to stop airing the McVeigh tapes and focus on survivors. I lost no one in the bombing, but I spent 17 days of my life away from my family helping the Medical Examiners Office from day one. From interviewing families that night..to receiving bodies for days after that.
Do you realize how many nights people like me woke up screaming at night because of the horror WE saw? I deal with death everyday but you can't begin to imagine the images we experienced.
This is just sensationalism, we all know McVeigh was responsible, now you're just opening up almost healed wounds. Please stop and stop it now.

I agree but for a slightly different reason. I think Maddow's airing of the McVeigh tapes is a thinly veiled attempt to draw a link between him and what she considers to be radical anti-government types within the tea party movement and elsewhere.

In any case, everyone knows why McVeigh did what he did. There's nothing new to be learned there. If anyone is that interested there have been plenty of books written on the subject, and I'm sure there are plenty of websites with the McVeigh interviews posted.

Leroy Lizard
4/16/2010, 01:26 AM
I agree but for a slightly different reason. I think Maddow's airing of the McVeigh tapes is a thinly veiled attempt to draw a link between him and what she considers to be radical anti-government types within the tea party movement and elsewhere.

It's not even thinly veiled.

soonerloyal
4/16/2010, 07:33 AM
Do you object to anyone airing any info about McVeigh? Do you believe that to give him or his supposed (empty) "reasons" for his crimes any airtime at all is sensationalism? No matter who covers him at all after 15 years?

Whether any of us like it or not, there's some parallels between people calling for uprising and violence against the government now, and then. McVeigh said he was pissed off at the government and was making a statement & a blow against TPTB. Taking back power. What a crock.

Obama is doing even less than what TR, FDR, Eisenhower, and Kennedy did to restore some power and benefits to the middle class. Yet some people, who are supposed to show leadership and decency in their elected positions, are so terrified of being out of power that they lie and encourage the vitriol and untruths. And IMO, anyone who sees their hatred of all things not "Conservative" and tries to compare themselves & today to the Founding Fathers and the Revolutionary War is full of shi!t.

I had an appointment at the HUD office that morning, and was going to take my then-afternoon-Kindergartener son with me just to pop in and deliver some papers. Our family had attended a "Senior" Elementary kids vs. Teachers basketball game the night before, and I'd torn down the concession stand and helped load up. I was worn out, and we simply didn't go the next morning.

I still have nightmares about him being blown up and across the parking lot. Same images every time after all these years, still wake up freaked out. I wasn't even in the building and I'm still sensitive. I cannot imagine having been in there, or working in the site.

I also cannot imagine anyone who was or did, not absolutely demanding a total divorce from the thinking or behavior that caused the tragedy.

Now some freaking psycho batsh!t crazy extremists in my home state, and a p!isspoor excuse for a gubernatorial candidate, are perpetuating and encouraging the same misdirected hatred & burgeoning behavior that killed over 170* innocent people in our capitol - and during the 15th anniversary no less? And all that some people can object to is seeing coverage of McVeigh on the tube spouting his hatred 15 years later? No objection to the blind hatred and twisted thinking that caused the destruction and death before, and is likely to again, if some sanity isn't restored?

Please.

*Yes, I know, 169...but I'm including the unborn babies. Yes, we Lib mamas do that too.

Jello Biafra
4/16/2010, 08:23 AM
I still have nightmares about him being blown up and across the parking lot. Same images every time after all these years, still wake up freaked out. I wasn't even in the building and I'm still sensitive. I cannot imagine having been in there, or working in the site.

same here. i can't go to the memorial to this day. I have taken the kids there before but i wont go out of my way to visit. the MEPS station used to be in that building and i did my very first PT test in the garage below the building against the very wall that is still standing on the southside of the memorial. I was also called up as a ONG member and worked on site for about 3 days straight. i still remember all the sights and sounds like it happened yesterday.

i was shocked when i turned on the TV this morning and instead of talking about survivors or the stories about people moving on, timothy mcveigh images are on my screen and him talking....WTF is that?

Crucifax Autumn
4/16/2010, 08:30 AM
Hopefully there will be some balance in the totality of coverage over the next few days.

First and formost, the victims and survivors should get coverage and lots of it.

However, I do think there are lessons to be learned about the threat of domestic terrorism and the factors involved is causing it. With the leftie environmental terrorists and the overly crazy parts of the assorted right wing movements it can't hurt to learn as much as we can about the inner workings of these people and the warning signs.

There is too much of a belief by the nation in general that it's only terrorism if the perpetrator has a funny foreign name when the reality is that anyone doing this type of thing is a crazy terrorist c*cksucker and needs to suffer horribly.

Okla-homey
4/16/2010, 09:37 AM
I object to broadcast of the Dead Doosh Tapes (DDT) because it furnishes the worm-food slimeball with precisiely what he wanted. Notoriety and publication of his warped beliefs.

Said broadcast could very well inspire copy-cats who think to themselves, "hey, I'm a loser and I'll never amount to anything, in fact, I can't even get laid in a womens prison with a pocket full of pardons, but here's a way I can be somebody!"

In fact, that's also why I refuse to use the punk's name.

btk108
4/16/2010, 11:42 AM
Do you object to anyone airing any info about McVeigh?

I addressed that at the start of my post.

C&CDean
4/16/2010, 04:16 PM
*Yes, I know, 169...but I'm including the unborn babies. Yes, we Lib mamas do that too.

Except when you're aborting them, right?

I agree with btk on this one. Keep the POS off the air and focus on the victims and survivors.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/16/2010, 04:28 PM
Daaaaaaamn.

SicEmBaylor
4/16/2010, 04:33 PM
I for one would rather have been aborted than have a liberal mother.
:shudder:

soonerloyal
4/16/2010, 04:33 PM
Except when you're aborting them, right?

Oh, BS, D. Don't automatically ascribe actions to me, it's disingenuous and belittles us both. I expect better of you.

C&CDean
4/16/2010, 04:41 PM
Oh, BS, D. Don't automatically ascribe actions to me, it's disingenuous and belittles us both. I expect better of you.

Huh? Oh, it's just your people who do the baby killing. My bad.

Probably not the right thread to get a dig in on a lib, but I couldn't/can't help it. Count an unviable baby as a person when a mother gets murdered, but have the parent/s murder that exact same baby and it's all good? Meh. Can you say hypocritical? Sure you can.

SicEmBaylor
4/16/2010, 04:47 PM

Probably not the right thread to get a dig in on a lib, but I couldn't/can't help it. Count an unviable baby as a person when a mother gets murdered, but have the parent/s murder that exact same baby and it's all good? Meh. Can you say hypocritical? Sure you can.

Yeah, that's what I've never understood. The justification for abortion is that the unborn child is not yet "alive" and yet, legally, you can charge someone for murder of an unborn fetus. It's hypocritical and flies in the face of logic and common sense. Basically, it boils down to whether the mother herself decides she thinks the fetus is alive or not which is a bunch of arbitrary bull**** and utterly shameful.

soonerloyal
4/16/2010, 06:14 PM

Kindly do not lump me into your constraining "Libs are Evil" category simply because I have a "D" on my voter registration card. I happen to mourn abortion's heartbreaking tear in God's loving design. I believe a baby is a human being from the second the two cells fuse. I feel life is precious. I have not had abortions, never remotely even wanted one or contemplated it. That was my choice. The entire "choice" matter is a land mine. I will not presume that I have the right to choose for other human beings, however. I abhor & reject the idea of government deciding anyone's reproduction rights - hence the CHOICE part. I know that some people will disagree, but I will leave the judgment up to God, not to mankind.

See there? You wasted a perfectly good dig. :D

Leroy Lizard
4/16/2010, 06:45 PM
Kindly do not lump me into your constraining "Libs are Evil" category simply because I have a "D" on my voter registration card. I happen to mourn abortion's heartbreaking tear in God's loving design. I believe a baby is a human being from the second the two cells fuse. I feel life is precious.

Sorry, but you can't feel life is truly precious if you support someone else's right to snuff it.

As for myself, I consider innocent life precious. That life which has demonstrated it is evil is not so precious.

soonerloyal
4/16/2010, 06:50 PM
I for one would rather have been aborted than have a liberal mother.
:shudder:

Now that's just incredibly stupid.

soonerloyal
4/16/2010, 06:56 PM
Sorry, but you can't feel life is truly precious if you support someone else's right to snuff it.

As for myself, I consider innocent life precious. That life which has demonstrated it is evil is not so precious.

Don't tell me what I do and don't believe, you don't have the capability. Keep your pseudo-psychoanalysis in your pocketand stick to lawyerin'. You're one of the most presumptuous people on here. Make your own decisions for yourself, don't make mine for me. Isn't that what NeoCons deplore about Obama, supposedly making them do what they don't want, government deciding and all?

Okla-homey
4/16/2010, 07:07 PM

Sorry Leroy. I disagree. I believe that since only God can give life, only God should take life. The only exception is "righteous" war, meaning war in which your nation, or its vital interests, are under attack.

As to convicts, let's face it. Capital punishment is state revenge for what the convict was convicted of doing. And frankly, if we're into revenge, life without possibility of parole is a far more horrible punishment than the needle anyway.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind -- Ghandi