PDA

View Full Version : Beat dat azz, Go to jail.

olevetonahill
4/15/2010, 06:53 PM
Im so glad My kids are raised now.:eek:
http://www.examiner-enterprise.com/articles/2010/04/15/news/news812.txt

Okla-homey
4/15/2010, 08:18 PM
Me too. IMHO, years of mommies calling a "time-out" has filled our prisons. Sometimes, only a butt-cuttin' will do.

olevetonahill
4/15/2010, 08:23 PM
Dayum Skippy
Hell I member a switchin er 40
Ever had a Razor strop applied to yer azz ?they Hurt to
Made me want to NOT **** up any more.
I spanked Both my Boys as they grew up, Left a few marks also. Ya know what ?
They still love me and will show up in a heart beat if they think Dad needs em .

jkjsooner
4/15/2010, 08:23 PM
Um, it's been pretty much accepted for at least 30 years that if you leave bruises you are risking abuse charges. This is nothing new. Without abnormal medical conditions, you can make your point w/o leaving bruises. And if you can't (say 17 year old who simply isn't deterred by a normal spanking) then it's probably time to find a more appropriate method of punishment.

Plus, why the hell does she have bruises on her back? Also, spanking while angry is always a bad idea. At least in an ideal world punishment is administered rationally and in consideration for the child's best interest.

Hopefully everyone will recognize it was a mistake and and that the father knows where the line is.

olevetonahill
4/15/2010, 08:26 PM
Cause she FOUGHT gettin a spankin ?
Hell My oldest son who is almost 37 Decided he wasnt gettin spanked . He did . I left bruises all over hisass and his back. I never had to spank him again .

sooner59
4/15/2010, 10:38 PM
Um, it's been pretty much accepted for at least 30 years that if you leave bruises you are risking abuse charges. This is nothing new. Without abnormal medical conditions, you can make your point w/o leaving bruises. And if you can't (say 17 year old who simply isn't deterred by a normal spanking) then it's probably time to find a more appropriate method of punishment.

Plus, why the hell does she have bruises on her back? Also, spanking while angry is always a bad idea. At least in an ideal world punishment is administered rationally and in consideration for the child's best interest.

Hopefully everyone will recognize it was a mistake and and that the father knows where the line is.

This told further down in the article. When he began to spank her, she slid down to get away from it and he caught her back. Very probable. She probably did it because he was bringing some Rick "The Wild Thing" Vaughan heat. I got quite a few spankings in my life, and the majority were with belts. But I don't recall having bruises the next day.....and I got LIT UP several times. Sounds like he aiming for the fences maybe. That being said....I don't give a ****, call the cops on me. I'm gonna spank my kids like my parents did growing up. It made me a better person and not a whiny little piece of **** who always gets his way and expects to be handed things in life like a lot of kids are growing up these days. Geez....

Crucifax Autumn
4/16/2010, 08:00 AM
Shock treatments and waterboarding straighten 'em out.

Breadburner
4/16/2010, 09:32 AM
Shock treatments and waterboarding straighten 'em out.

There are some that need it....

MiccoMacey
4/16/2010, 09:43 AM
Me too. IMHO, years of mommies calling a "time-out" has filled our prisons. Sometimes, only a butt-cuttin' will do.

"Time outs" works well if that's what you start off with when your kids are very little. It absolutely destroyed my daughters every time they got sent to their room for 3 minutes. It still works to this day (they're 6 and 4).

If you start off with spanking, what do you have left when that no longer works?

I spank my daughters if need be...I'm not anti-spanking.

But in my opinion you get one swat. If you can't get their attention with one swat, you're not doing it right.

Parents usually spank their children excessively when it's "in the moment". And it's usually has a lot more to do with the parent's emotions than what the child actually did. The parent is still angry, so they continue to spank their kid needlessly. THAT is abusive.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/16/2010, 04:34 PM
Wait until they're older, John. It didn't take mine long to call my bluff on that time-out crap. Now that she's ten, I gotta really crank the screws to get my point across and most of the time, those screws are 500+ sentences, yard work, absolute Hiroshima-caliber grounding, and yes, the occasional firing up of the butt. But rarely.

TopDawg
4/16/2010, 04:38 PM
I'm gonna spank my kids like my parents did growing up. It made me a better person and not a whiny little piece of **** who always gets his way and expects to be handed things in life like a lot of kids are growing up these days. Geez....

I know people who spanked and still raised hellians. I know people who didn't and raised great kids.

Fact of the matter is that it probably has less to do with whether you decide to spank or not and more to do with how you spend almost all of the rest of your time as a parent.

goingoneight
4/16/2010, 04:41 PM
I'm only 25, but I was raised old school and learned school of hard knocks on a lot of things. I can't have kids because of these kinds of laws... either I end up in jail or my kids do.

sooner59
4/16/2010, 04:44 PM
I know people who spanked and still raised hellians. I know people who didn't and raised great kids.

Fact of the matter is that it probably has less to do with whether you decide to spank or not and more to do with how you spend almost all of the rest of your time as a parent.

I can get behind that message. I dang sure didn't want to get spanked, but I also respected my parents and wanted them to be proud of me. The feeling of pride from my parents always affected me more than the pain of a belt. But I knew if I got the belt, I brought it on myself....no excuses.

MiccoMacey
4/17/2010, 06:49 AM
Wait until they're older, John. It didn't take mine long to call my bluff on that time-out crap. Now that she's ten, I gotta really crank the screws to get my point across and most of the time, those screws are 500+ sentences, yard work, absolute Hiroshima-caliber grounding, and yes, the occasional firing up of the butt. But rarely.

Oh, I know...but this way I can graduate to those type things since I started off with something else. If you start off with the trump card, and then the kids get older and "call your bluff", you got nowhere else to go (I feel like Richard Gere in An Officer and a Gentleman). I've spanked my kids when I thought they needed it. I'm not anti-spanking. Just that, if possible, I tried not to start there (although sometimes that's where it needed to start).

Plus, I like what TD said...it probably has to do with what you do with your children when they're not being bad that will dictate their actions. I honestly believe time-outs affect my children because they don't want to be punished at all by me...because it bothers them that they are in my bad graces. Usually, that's enough to gt my point across. For now.

Call me in five years and see if I've changed my mind. :D

Leroy Lizard
4/17/2010, 11:03 AM
Also, spanking while angry is always a bad idea.

This.

I spanked both of my children, but rarely and never in anger. Your job is to teach a lesson, not seek vengeance.

OU_Sooners75
4/17/2010, 11:50 AM
If one of my kids **** me off to the point that a spanking is needed....then I wait til I calm down.

However, what tends to happen while I am calming down, they are sent to their room where they cannot play with any toys, read a book, or do anything.

By the time I am usually calm enough to administer a spanking, it doesnt happen...because the kids already got one form of punishment.

However, I will say this...if they are doing something other than sitting on their bed when in their rooms when I walk in to let them out of the punishment, I will then spank their butts.

I do not use a belt (or my hand). I have a paddle. The belt is so flimsy that it is inaccurate if they move and you cannot stop the swing without the end of the belt whipping around.

My hand...well, I do not want my children to fear my hand or me physically (I am 6'6" 320#) so my size alone is intimidating to them when I am disciplining them. And the hand tends to sting if you use just your hand.

The paddle, made of walnut...tends to be forceful enough not to break...and you do not need much force to get the point across!