View Full Version : The Feds get serious

olevetonahill
4/15/2010, 06:19 PM
Busted a bunch of smugglers :cool:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100415/ap_on_re_us/us_immigrant_smuggling_arizona

Okla-homey
4/15/2010, 08:07 PM
Drop in the bucket Vet. Drop in bucket.

When you were in the Army, what did they teach you about obstacles (like wire, ditches, berms and fences)? Was it something like "an obstacle uncovered by overlapping fields of fire can only slow or divert an assault, it cannot stop it." That's the truth. Ruth.

The only way to stop this flood of people is to militarize the border and authorize use of deadly force to stop it. And the thing is, we do not have the national will to do that, especially since media images of dead men, women and children littering the desert at the US/MEX border that were shot by Norte Americanos would be a disaster.

So, we play this game. We have the occasional high profile INS bust, especially now in Arizona since Arizonans are fed-up and are lately trying to take immigration enforcement into their own hands.

But when I look out my window here in Bixby, America I see all these houses going up in my neighborhood, and they are all being built by Spanish speakers. Heck, right now you could cast an Alamo movie from within a quarter mile of my front door with all the young Mexican men swinging hammers from 0800 until 1930 every day except Sunday.

olevetonahill
4/15/2010, 08:19 PM
Dayum Bro, Swinging Hammers ? Really ?
Hell the last Carpenter work I did on a house I rarely pulled My 28 Ouncer Out the Bag .

Used Nail guns almost exclusively .

I did post at the OVPH about AZ starting to get serious , so I know what yer sayin Bro, At least this is a good start or just a Feel good start.
I dont wanta see me layin Dead in the dirt either .
But something Needs to be done .:pop:

SanJoaquinSooner
4/15/2010, 09:10 PM
But something Needs to be done .:pop:

Thank you for asking. Reform worker visa laws so they can come in legally to work and go back during the off season.

We did not have a huge illegal border crossing problem during the bracero program. its main problem was that workers were tied to just one employer so that they became potential indentured servants. that can be fixed.

JohnnyMack
4/15/2010, 09:13 PM
Drop in the bucket Vet. Drop in bucket.

When you were in the Army, what did they teach you about obstacles (like wire, ditches, berms and fences)? Was it something like "an obstacle uncovered by overlapping fields of fire can only slow or divert an assault, it cannot stop it." That's the truth. Ruth.

The only way to stop this flood of people is to militarize the border and authorize use of deadly force to stop it. And the thing is, we do not have the national will to do that, especially since media images of dead men, women and children littering the desert at the US/MEX border that were shot by Norte Americanos would be a disaster.

So, we play this game. We have the occasional high profile INS bust, especially now in Arizona since Arizonans are fed-up and are lately trying to take immigration enforcement into their own hands.

But when I look out my window here in Bixby, America I see all these houses going up in my neighborhood, and they are all being built by Spanish speakers. Heck, right now you could cast an Alamo movie from within a quarter mile of my front door with all the young Mexican men swinging hammers from 0800 until 1930 every day except Sunday.

I thought you moved to midtown?

AggieTool
4/15/2010, 09:19 PM
Thank you for asking. Reform worker visa laws so they can come in legally to work and go back during the off season.

We did not have a huge illegal border crossing problem during the bracero program. its main problem was that workers were tied to just one employer so that they became potential indentured servants. that can be fixed.

Funny how most staunch anti-immigration (legal or not) folks never ponder what would happen to food and home prices if we somehow stopped folks from Mexico coming up here to work.

I'm no open border guy, but I damn sure don't want to pay $7 for a head of lettuce and $500k for a 2000 sq ft house in Texas.

But that's the reality of it.:(

GottaHavePride
4/16/2010, 09:22 AM
Just because they speak Spanish doesn't mean they're all illegals.

And also, there's a big difference in building crews up in Wichita. One ethnic group is generally full of slow, surly workers who do sloppy work and fill the walls of your house with their coke cans, cigarette packs, and empty bags of chips before they put the sheetrock up. The other ethnic group shows up early, cheerful, works fast, and does very high quality work.

I'll let you guess which is which.

Okla-homey
4/16/2010, 09:22 AM
I thought you moved to midtown?

We got beat-out on that mid-town joint because the dayum realtor held on to our offer and accepted a higher offer three days later (no doubt advising subsequent offeror of our offer amount) and then presented both to the seller.

Did I mention I think realtors are too often slimey bastages?

Anyway, 'twas the will of Allah that we didn't get that joint, and therefore was probably for the best. Therefore, me and Rodney Carrington are now rocking life in Bixby.

JohnnyMack
4/16/2010, 09:26 AM
We got beat-out on that mid-town joint because the dayum realtor held on to our offer and accepted a higher offer three days later (no doubt advising subsequent offeror of our offer amount) and then presented both to the seller.

Did I mention I think realtors are too often slimey bastages?

Anyway, 'twas the will of Allah that we didn't get that joint, and therefore was probably for the best. Therefore, me and Rodney Carrington are now rocking life in Bixby.

Yeah Bixby ain't bad. It's a hell of a lot better than the failed Owasso experiment.

Okla-homey
4/16/2010, 09:26 AM
Just because they speak Spanish doesn't mean they're all illegals.

I find it difficult to believe a 20-something guy who speaks Spanish on the job and arrives at said job at sun-up with six compadres in a beat-up Plymouth Neon is here legally.

And frankly, I don't even care, except for the fact his income isn't taxed.

GottaHavePride
4/16/2010, 09:32 AM
Why not? Wichita has a HUGE Hispanic community, and large neighborhoods where everyone living there speaks Spanish. They have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, for businesses owned and operated by Hispanics.

Crucifax Autumn
4/16/2010, 10:00 AM
Why not? Wichita has a HUGE Hispanic community, and large neighborhoods where everyone living there speaks Spanish. They have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, for businesses owned and operated by Hispanics.

A whole CofC for drywallers, landscapers, and strip mall church preachers? ;)

GottaHavePride
4/16/2010, 10:37 AM
Heh. Yes, and insurance agencies, IT services, banks, hotels, restaurants...

Leroy Lizard
4/16/2010, 12:24 PM

The hypocrisy marches on.

Crucifax Autumn
4/16/2010, 02:36 PM
Heh. Yes, and insurance agencies, IT services, banks, hotels, restaurants...

I just couldn't resist the opening.

GottaHavePride
4/16/2010, 05:28 PM
That's what SHE said.