PDA

View Full Version : T.U.F. Middleweights...Season 11

Collier11
4/15/2010, 01:35 AM
Been a good season so far, The guy who won fight 1 for Liddell (Kyle Noke) is the real deal

Fight 2 was a really close match, I thought Tavares barely won but it was close enough to go either way

Im really hoping that someone knocks out that mouthy b*tch Yager

Boarder
4/15/2010, 10:58 AM
I thought Hammertree won, but it was close. Is Nick Ring a Liza Minnelli fan?

Collier11
4/15/2010, 12:03 PM
I thought he was just trying to **** off Yager even more, funny stuff

ouleaf
4/15/2010, 07:56 PM
Agree with Tavares getting the nod. Hammortree just really didn't do a lot when he was able to take down Tavares.

Sucks for the one guy to go home on the broken jaw. Gonna be a good season.

Boomer.....
4/15/2010, 08:54 PM
The second fight was pretty close but I think that Tavares had control a little more in the 3rd round. Both fighters were pretty raw and didn't know how to take advantage of the situation.

Yager is annoying. I hope someone rocks his world.

Collier11
4/22/2010, 12:24 AM
Damn, that first fight was brutal, im surprised that Kasey survived like he did. What did you all think of the DQ, I thought it hit him in the face

Collier11
4/22/2010, 12:39 AM
Damn!!! Yager just knocked him the F out!

Boomer.....
4/22/2010, 08:45 PM
The knee to the face was illegal whether he meant to do it or not. He might get another shot because of the wild card and the fact that the other guy broke his hand.

Collier11
4/22/2010, 08:47 PM
true, I still want someone to knock Yager out

Boomer.....
4/22/2010, 08:50 PM
Yup! I can almost guarantee you that if Yager gets beat, that he will fight the guy who just got DQ'd, on his team, in the finale.

Jager has looked good and is very aggressive. I think that his opponents are under-skilled and he is overwhelming them.

Collier11
4/22/2010, 08:53 PM
Yager looks awkward fighting, his stand up I mean

ouleaf
4/23/2010, 10:47 AM
The first fight was insane. Antonito was all over him and I thought it was gonna be over in a matter of minutes, but Uscola hung in there and turned the thing around. I'd be pissed about the DQ too if I were him, but I do think the knee got him in the face. Probably the right call. Would be awesome to see Uscola get a wild-card nod later on, sucks that Antonito busted up his hand. Looks like he is done despite winning.

Didn't understand what Liddell was thinking in putting Blanchard against Yager. Yager had a huge reach advantage on the guy and towered over him. Would have been the upset of the season if Blanchard had won that fight, but Yager killed him with that big Right and it was over.

Collier11
4/29/2010, 12:24 AM
A little of a sloppy fight tonight but the kid from Tulsa Bryant can throw hands, Mccray took some big shots though and didnt go down in the 2nd rd. The 3rd rd was a little slow at times but ultimately Bryant was the better fighter and showed it by easily winning the rd IMO

Breadburner
4/29/2010, 01:18 AM
Why does Lidell want to beat up Dana White......

ouleaf
4/29/2010, 08:22 AM
I was surprised Bryant gave up on the choke when there was only a few second left. Did he not have it locked in? I thought he got him pretty good and it seemed like he had him ready to tap in a manner of seconds, but he gave up on it.

Gotta give Bryant props for being the better conditioned guy, although not much better himself. McCray was gassed after one round. I was amazed that he wasn't down on some of those shots to the jaw he took.

Turd_Ferguson
4/29/2010, 08:37 AM
I was surprised Bryant gave up on the choke when there was only a few second left. Did he not have it locked in? I thought he got him pretty good and it seemed like he had him ready to tap in a manner of seconds, but he gave up on it.

Gotta give Bryant props for being the better conditioned guy, although not much better himself. McCray was gassed after one round. I was amazed that he was down on some of those shots to the jaw he took.I don't think he had the strength to finish the choke. For as much conditioning they've been doing, both were damn near spent halfway through the second round.

Boomer.....
4/30/2010, 09:15 AM
Why does Lidell want to beat up Dana White......

They are good friends.

Boomer.....
4/30/2010, 09:17 AM
A little of a sloppy fight tonight but the kid from Tulsa Bryant can throw hands, Mccray took some big shots though and didnt go down in the 2nd rd. The 3rd rd was a little slow at times but ultimately Bryant was the better fighter and showed it by easily winning the rd IMO

I thought both fighters were raw and not conditioned well. Mccray probably has more skill but doesn't fight past the first round. Bryant has good stand up but that is about it.

Collier11
5/10/2010, 12:01 AM
Just watched the last epi on DVR, gotta say that for supposedly being a great prospect, Ring didnt look that good, actually I didnt think either looked all that great.

As far as the decision, I didnt agree at all...WTH

achiro
5/10/2010, 07:24 AM
Just watched the last epi on DVR, gotta say that for supposedly being a great prospect, Ring didnt look that good, actually I didnt think either looked all that great.

As far as the decision, I didnt agree at all...WTH

Yep, should have gone to a third at least.

Collier11
5/10/2010, 01:09 PM
thats what I thought, Dana has been having some bad judges decisions lately

ouleaf
5/13/2010, 08:42 AM
Thought Joe Henle showed a lot of promise and is definitely has the mental toughness to succeed. He was gassed after that first round and when it went to a 3rd round he had absolutely no chance. Seth even said he felt lucky to walk away with the win. He did deserve it though, no question.

Definitely thinking Ring won't be cleared by doctors to compete. His knee is definitely messed up.

Collier11
5/13/2010, 11:20 AM
yea, Joe looked alright for his 4th fight. Titos team is dropping like flies

Collier11
5/19/2010, 11:10 PM
Love all the quarterfinal match ups for Liddells team other than the Jager fight...tough deal for Ring with his knee though

Collier11
5/19/2010, 11:56 PM
Pretty dominant win for McGee there, he is quite the wild card as Dana said

Boomer.....
5/20/2010, 07:36 AM
We finally get to see what happens to Tito next episode. I wonder if it is just the family stuff.

Collier11
5/20/2010, 12:53 PM
probaby that BS with Jenna Jameson im guessing

Boomer.....
5/20/2010, 01:14 PM
Well she has already said that he didn't do anything to her and lifted the restraining order. I think I saw that they were back together. I don't know about the whole prescription addiction thing.

I think that mess was after the series was done taping.

Collier11
5/20/2010, 01:33 PM
Yea I knew that she took back her story and they were back together, just wasnt sure when that happened in relation to the taping?

ouleaf
5/21/2010, 09:52 AM
Really surprised Uscola didn't do more in his fight to make things interesting. Just seemed to lack agression the whole fight. Props to Hammortree for approaching Dana after Ring had to bow out. McGee is one tough SOB though.

Next weeks episode should definitely be interesting.

Collier11
5/27/2010, 01:37 AM
Bout to watch tonights episode on DVR after sitting thru another sorry azzed Cardinals loss.

Im thinking that Noke and Tavares are going to win tonight for Liddell, lets see...

Collier11
5/27/2010, 03:14 AM
Man, I cant believe how bad Noke looked. Mccray couldnt do anything even though he was in control most of the fight but Noke was completely unagressive.

As for the other fight, its unfortunate but that was an illegal kick

ouleaf
5/27/2010, 09:24 AM
Yeah, Noke was very disappointing after all the skill he showed in his previous fights. He wasn't aggressive at all and seemed content to just let McCray get the take downs. McCray didn't really do a whole lot after those take downs, but at least he did something. Thought Noke had a chance to choke McCray out that one time but he gave up on that for some reason.

As far as Tavares goes, it was definitely the right call even though winning by DQ totally sucks.

I'm definitely thinking Jager is gonna destroy the other guy in their fight next week, even though he is a d-bag. Jager just towers over him and should have a significant reach advantage.

Wish we would have gotten to see more of Liddel's reaction to the Tito news.

Collier11
5/27/2010, 10:37 AM
Yea Jager wins easily id say and as for Noke, I thought he gave up the neck several times when he coulda got him. Gotta wonder if he took it easy on his buddy?

ouleaf
5/27/2010, 03:19 PM
Just seemed like Noke was trying to let McCray make the first move and Noke try and react to what McCray was throwing at him and maybe try capitalize on a mistake.

Didn't really understand why he didn't seem interested in taking control of the fight.

Collier11
6/2/2010, 11:54 PM
The Oklahoma kid is a powerful puncher as well and a really good counter puncher, he took rd 1 with that knockdwon IMO...

Collier11
6/2/2010, 11:57 PM
Yager has really leveled out, they sure made him seem to be a prick the 1st few episodes, lately not so much

Collier11
6/3/2010, 12:03 AM
Thats gotta be a decision for Bryant!!

Collier11
6/3/2010, 12:03 AM
Even better, the loud mouth quit like a beotch

ouleaf
6/3/2010, 08:43 AM
Wow....can't believe Yager didn't come out for the 3rd Rd. Amazing. Bryant did tag him pretty good on a couple of punches, but I didn't think it did that much damage to him. Chuck picked a hell of a team this year.

Props to Bryant for staying in there against Yagers crazy kicks and knees. I was just waiting for one of them to connect and Bryant be out cold, but aside from a few good shots to mid section, Yager didn't do a whole lot.

Collier11
6/3/2010, 08:54 AM
Yager came off as a school yard bully, once someone stood in there with him and hit him back he wilted

ouleaf
6/3/2010, 09:05 AM
You see that ridiculous Fu Manchu that Nick Ring was sporting now, lol.

Think they got a pretty good replacement for Tito. Franklin is a solid UFC vet with some good wins under his belt.

Collier11
6/3/2010, 09:07 AM
Franklin is under appreciated IMO.

Its crazy, going into the quarters I thought Noke and Yager were the favs, now it looks to me like Bryant and Mcgee are the two best.

achiro
6/3/2010, 10:33 AM
Franklin is under appreciated IMO.

Its crazy, going into the quarters I thought Noke and Yager were the favs, now it looks to me like Bryant and Mcgee are the two best.
I don't know for sure who would win if those two end up in the finals but I have a pretty hard time thinking Bryant could win that match unless he just lands a good punch real early.

Bryant took some crazy stupid kicks. Hard to defend against some of that stuff but Bryant did a pretty good job. I was happy to see that punk get what he deserved though. Not just beat but crumbled his self made pedestal right out from under him.

Boomer.....
6/3/2010, 01:15 PM
The first round was a toss-up. I can't believe that Yager didn't come out for the 3rd. Tito was right, he is a puss. It's funny that Tito was the one saying that after he backed out of the fight.

Collier11
6/10/2010, 12:17 AM
Good fight between Court and Tavares, I like Court but it is a toss up IMO

I like Bryant in fight 2

Collier11
6/10/2010, 12:22 AM
1st rd I thought was to Court, 2nd rd I think was Court also. Im surprised at how fast McGee looks

Collier11
6/10/2010, 12:30 AM
Dang, Court looked good! Im very impressed

Collier11
6/10/2010, 12:39 AM
That was a cool deal with the Marines, I was glad to see that

Collier11
6/10/2010, 01:20 AM
Bryant and Mccray another good fight to watch, both guys showed they can take some punishment. I have no clue how that was 30-27 on two different judges cards. These UFC judges are weak, I have no issues with Mccray winning but 30-27 doesnt make sense

Breadburner
6/10/2010, 03:32 PM
Jager had the fro..Right.....

Collier11
6/10/2010, 03:40 PM
yea

Boomer.....
6/20/2010, 03:34 PM
and Sideshow Bob goes down again.

He is very quick but if he doesn't get the win in the first round or round and a half, he tires out and doesn't have much of a chance.

Great to see Court win.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 03:59 PM
Court is a goofy looking *ucker, but he's solid. May have a career lined up.

ouleaf
6/21/2010, 08:47 AM
Yeah Jager is pretty much screwed if he doesn't connect on a big kick or those uppercuts he likes to throw. He is waaayyy over-rated now IMO.

Yeah, Court just seems to get better as the fight goes on. He'll hang in there, take a couple of shots from the opponent, but he'll get in there, score some take downs and just wear the other guy out. Definitely a deserving champ.

Collier11
6/21/2010, 10:24 AM
Jager tires out and starts giving up when he gets hit in the face alot, I dont see him doing much. The guy who beat him (Attonito I think?) is going to be a good one. It was cool to see his in-fight adjustments.

McGee is a good one it looks like