PDA

View Full Version : Thinning Out...

janderson255
4/14/2010, 11:41 AM
Well another one is gone, Orlando Allen. Said he is going to forego his Senior season to be with his family... new kid. This is based on Soonersports.com. Cade Davis maybe the teams new post player.

Boomer.....
4/14/2010, 11:48 AM
I didn't figure he would be on the team this upcoming season.

sooner59
4/14/2010, 11:49 AM
Am I gonna have to walk on?

Boomer.....
4/14/2010, 11:49 AM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/041410aaa.html

yermom
4/14/2010, 11:51 AM
that's cool that he's graduating

what are our numbers like for next year. are we even going to have a bench? :eek:

Boomer.....
4/14/2010, 11:57 AM
Bench? I hope we will have at least 5 players so that we can actually play.

badger
4/14/2010, 12:01 PM

our graddy rate is going to suck for the next few classes. looks like jeffy's gonna miss out on that two dollar bonus written into his contract for grad rates :rolleyes:

janderson255
4/14/2010, 12:02 PM
I think Tiny will be next... I hope JCapel (JC doesnt sound right) has some players coming in.

Question: Because I grew up in the 80s, I noticed men wearing shorts over their sweats.... WHY? No one has ever answered that for me... That is one thing I want to know before I die.

Boomer.....
4/14/2010, 01:08 PM

what are our numbers like for next year. are we even going to have a bench? :eek:

As of right now, we have 6 players returning and 3 signed.

Cade Davis G/F
Steven Pledger G
Tiny Gallon C
Andrew Fitzgerald F
TJ Franklin G
Kyle Hardrick F
TJ Taylor (freshman)G
Cam Clark (freshman)F
Tyler Neal (freshman)F

Willis- Gone
TMG- Gone
Warren- Gone
Orlando- Gone
Wright- Graduated
Crocker- Graduated

Mad Dog Madsen
4/14/2010, 01:14 PM
I thought Hardrick was going to transfer or something? No???

janderson255
4/14/2010, 01:24 PM
Another VERY young team...

badger
4/14/2010, 01:52 PM
:O Sooo, since Blake Griffin hasn't technically played any pro games, can't he come back and use up those two years of eligibility that he never did?

:eek: Oh crap, that Subway commercial's on! Hide it! Hide it!

:O Ok, so there is no Subway commercial to see here. Blake Griffin is still an amateur with eligibility.

:eek: Oh crap, now the other Subway commerical is playing! Go away! Shooo!

:mad: Five dollar footlongs are so costly.

Red Ada
4/14/2010, 01:53 PM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/blogs/post.aspx?blogid=12&entry_id=8280

Thing's just are not going our way.

...sooner
4/14/2010, 02:26 PM
as of now lets forfeit basketball season next year. anyone?

badger
4/14/2010, 02:43 PM
as of now lets forfeit basketball season next year. anyone?

Pbbbth. Eff that. Here's what I want to happen.

1- Get the biggest group of misfits, washed up athletes and other oddballs you can find in an effort to lose, displeasing fans as much as possible.

2- Losing will then decrease attendance to a level determined to be unacceptable by the Big 12.

3- The Big 12 will then allow us to move to the SEC or other revenue generating conference.

4- All misfits will then be released of their scholarships or whatever we gave them to come to OU in the first place.

5- All of this will backfire when the Cleveland Indians... whoops, I mean Oklahoma Sooner mens basketball team turns out to not suck, thus rallying the fanbase as we make the most unlikely run toward the postseason ever.

6- Nickname Cade Davis "Wild Thing."

SoonerMom2
4/14/2010, 03:13 PM
I want players who want to play for OU and not for themselves. The Griffin brothers are what is good about AAU, the Willie Warren's and some of the Freshman from last year is what is bad about the AAU. I remember hearing Capel almost from the beginning be unhappy with the work attitude of the new AAU players. Warren certainly didn't step up.

Will take players that work hard over prima donna's any day. Something needs done about the AAU and happy to see the coach that recruited AAU go out the door.

That said, I am also tired of the OKC media market and all their rumors that a lot of times turn out to be false. Saying Tiny had left campus and he was in that class that day shows how lazy they are in their reporting.

sooner94
4/14/2010, 04:12 PM
I want players who want to play for OU and not for themselves. The Griffin brothers are what is good about AAU, the Willie Warren's and some of the Freshman from last year is what is bad about the AAU. I remember hearing Capel almost from the beginning be unhappy with the work attitude of the new AAU players. Warren certainly didn't step up.

Will take players that work hard over prima donna's any day. Something needs done about the AAU and happy to see the coach that recruited AAU go out the door.

I agree, SoonerMom.

I don't follow basketball that much, but I was a little leary of Warren and these other All-Americans. I don't think these guys work out as well for our program since our roster is not stocked with top-notch talent. We might be better off taking hard-working guys that are team players and guys that want to be Sooners. If the Warrens, etc. leave after one or two years then the cupboard is bare and we didn't really gain much by having them here.

Griffin could not have been any better as a player and person. But a lot of these "superstars" are not like that.

...sooner
4/14/2010, 04:24 PM
we were toooo spoiled with the griffins. :(

yankee
4/14/2010, 04:28 PM
but I was a little leary of Warren and these other All-Americans.

o rly? then you were certainly one of the very few people who initially thought that.

sooner94
4/14/2010, 06:25 PM
o rly? then you were certainly one of the very few people who initially thought that.

I live in Dallas and recall that some thought Warren had attitude problems at the HS level. Kind of a prima donna. Talented guy but seemed like at least some of that was true while he was in Norman.

Probably not as few as you think thought there were issues.

oumartin
4/14/2010, 06:36 PM
I think alot of people heard about WW's attitude prior to him signing but I think most of us thought that Capel could help him mature and that age itself would help him grow up. Seems we may have been a tad bit wrong.

Isn't WW the reason Rotnei Clark didn't sign with OU

the_ouskull
4/14/2010, 07:11 PM
Who cares? He didn't sign. F 'im.

the_ouskull

Soonerfan88
4/14/2010, 08:31 PM

Cade Davis G/F
Steven Pledger G
Tiny Gallon C
Andrew Fitzgerald F
TJ Franklin G
Kyle Hardrick F
TJ Taylor (freshman)G
Cam Clark (freshman)F
Tyler Neal (freshman)F

Willis- Gone
TMG- Gone
Warren- Gone
Orlando- Graduated
Wright- Graduated
Crocker- Graduated

Just because Orlando still had a year of eligibility left doesn't mean that he shouldn't also be recognized for completing his degree.

Yes, definitely getting thin but guess I'm just not as worried about it as others. Don't know, just a feeling that going through the bad now will bring much better things in the future. I still have faith in Capel as a coach and think that the bad seed recruits are actually the reason Taliaferro has moved on - maybe he didn't want to change his methods like Capel & Joe C requested.

stoopified
4/14/2010, 08:48 PM

Cade Davis G/F
Steven Pledger G
Tiny Gallon C
Andrew Fitzgerald F
TJ Franklin G
Kyle Hardrick F
TJ Taylor (freshman)G
Cam Clark (freshman)F
Tyler Neal (freshman)F

Willis- Gone
TMG- Gone
Warren- Gone
Orlando- Gone
Wright- Graduated
Crocker- GraduatedCorrection we have FIVE players coming back.TJ is a walk-on scrub.Actually you could say we have only FOUR players coming back since Hardrick sat out almost all of last season.That slides down to three if Tiny gets booted for NCAA issues.

NormanPride
4/15/2010, 09:33 AM
If Hardrick sat all last season, how bad is he? I mean, even I would have gotten playing time last year if I had shown enough effort in practice.

janderson255
4/15/2010, 09:49 AM
With the current roster, who are the 5 starters? Then imagine (im assuming Tiny would be in the lineup) it without Tiny...

<<<naked in the shower (except for my OU underwear) while in the fetal position crying>>>

NormanPride
4/15/2010, 11:25 AM
1. TJ Taylor
2. Cade Davis
3. Cam Clark
4. Kyle Hardrick
5. Andrew Fitzgerald

This... is not good.

...sooner
4/15/2010, 11:38 AM
1. TJ Taylor
2. Cade Davis
3. Cam Clark
4. Kyle Hardrick
5. Andrew Fitzgerald

This... is not good.

:confused: :mad: :eek: :( :cry:

all my emotions in one about OU basketball.

Soonerntxs
4/15/2010, 11:42 AM
Being here in DFW area, I was not at all suprised to hear about the sorry worth ethic of the departed players; I think Capel was looking past good players to develope and concentrating on stars that he projected were developed. Coaching is still COACHING! I hope and wish the best for next year and hope that the focus is back on building a TEAM & not letting players define a program. As always BOOMER SOONER & God Speed Coach! You have some good prospects for 2011.

OU_Sooners75
4/15/2010, 07:04 PM

Well, with him leaving that leaves four scholarship players that have seen the court last season....Davis, Pledger, Fitzgerald, and Gallon.

Gallon's eligibility is still very much in the air at this time. So we could be down to 3 scholarship players that have played at this level.

Regardless, we will be extremely young and inexperienced next year.

Capel better pull a freaking rabbit out of his hat, because he is not going to have too much longer to right this ship!

yankee
4/15/2010, 11:59 PM
1. TJ Taylor
2. Cade Davis
3. Cam Clark
4. Kyle Hardrick
5. Andrew Fitzgerald

This... is not good.

i'm not sure if i like the idea of a shooting guard playing the point...but, it seems we may have no choice next season. :mad:

janderson255
4/16/2010, 08:57 AM
Anyone seen the new signee from Putnum City in action?

What about Pledger at the No. 2 or 3. Maybe he matures this summer and becomes more consistant.

<<sigh>>