PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys hear....

Okla-homey
4/13/2010, 06:56 PM
that Americans born after 1980, as a class, are unlikely to live as long as the class of Americans born between 1955 and 1980, chiefly because of the fact the born >1980 bunch do too much sitting on the coach and eating Cheezy-poofs instead of getting outside and breaking a sweat?

The >1980 class is also five times more likey to obese as a children -- which contributes to morbidity/increased incidence of diabetes?

Remarkable.

SoonerInKCMO
4/13/2010, 06:57 PM
Those fat little ****ers need to get themselves in shape so they can pay into Social Security when I'm old. :mad:

GKeeper316
4/13/2010, 07:03 PM
i watched a thing on pbs a few weeks ago about the decendants of people that experience a real famine.

they live almost 20% longer than the descendants of people who have never wanted for anything...

fat not only hurts you, but could potentially lead to a shorter life span for your descendants

Jacie
4/13/2010, 07:06 PM
i watched a thing on pbs a few weeks ago about the decendants of people that experience a real famine.

they live almost 20% longer than the descendants of people who have never wanted for anything...

Did the pbs thing mention the life spans of the people who died as a result of the famine . . .

Turd_Ferguson
4/13/2010, 07:31 PM
fat not only hurts you, but could potentially lead to a shorter life span for your descendantsduh....cause if your a lard ****'n *** and keep bring'n ding dongs and twinkies in the house for your descendants to eat, then....and bear with me, as I'm guessing hear...YOUR ****ING DESCENDANTS ARE GOING TO BE LARD ****ING ASSES TO!:D

1890MilesToNorman
4/13/2010, 07:33 PM
Public Begging Showcase?

Don't watch, never will.

Turd_Ferguson
4/13/2010, 07:37 PM
Public Begging Showcase?

Don't watch, never will.Are you being served?

1890MilesToNorman
4/13/2010, 07:38 PM
Doubt it? Maybe this weekend. :D

Turd_Ferguson
4/13/2010, 07:41 PM
Doubt it? Maybe this weekend. :DI was talk'n about the sitcom, not your restraining order:D

1890MilesToNorman
4/13/2010, 07:48 PM
Never seen it, but I'll look into the restraining order thingy.

GKeeper316
4/13/2010, 07:50 PM
duh....cause if your a lard ****'n *** and keep bring'n ding dongs and twinkies in the house for your descendants to eat, then....and bear with me, as I'm guessing hear...YOUR ****ING DESCENDANTS ARE GOING TO BE LARD ****ING ASSES TO!:D

descendants are not necessarily offspring.

we're talking great grand children and later.

GKeeper316
4/13/2010, 07:51 PM
Public Begging Showcase?

Don't watch, never will.

ok you're just depriving yourself of great educational programming, but that's your choice.

SicEmBaylor
4/13/2010, 08:32 PM
ok you're just depriving yourself of great educational programming, but that's your choice.

The problem isn't the programming, although a lot of the "educational" programming is nothing more than radical propaganda, the problem is that it's government funded. PBS outlived its reason for existing when cable came along.

1890MilesToNorman
4/13/2010, 08:42 PM

There are 1000 other ways to get educated without supporting that crap.

btk108
4/13/2010, 08:53 PM
1980 bunch do too much sitting on the coach and eating Cheezy-poofs instead of getting outside and breaking a sweat?

I bet the coach is not very happy about this :D

Dio
4/13/2010, 09:23 PM
1970 ftw!

Suck it, young 'uns

OULenexaman
4/13/2010, 09:55 PM
that Americans born after 1980, as a class, are unlikely to live as long as the class of Americans born between 1955 and 1980, chiefly because of the fact the born >1980 bunch do too much sitting on the coach and eating Cheezy-poofs instead of getting outside and breaking a sweat?

The >1980 class is also five times more likey to obese as a children -- which contributes to morbidity/increased incidence of diabetes?

Remarkable.

yep....heard and read that 10 years ago....lot of truth to it in many other ways as well....

tommieharris91
4/13/2010, 10:05 PM
I'm in that group, but I try to move around and break a sweat once a day. Ohh and I try to eat veggies too.

I've said on this board earlier that a lot of the health care problems in the US are caused because people are fat. I was shouted down and my idea was refuted by all kinds of slippery slope, appeal-to-fear logic.

But as long as nasty artery-cloggers like the Double Down sell well...

GKeeper316
4/13/2010, 11:22 PM
I'm in that group, but I try to move around and break a sweat once a day. Ohh and I try to eat veggies too.

I've said on this board earlier that a lot of the health care problems in the US are caused because people are fat. I was shouted down and my idea was refuted by all kinds of slippery slope, appeal-to-fear logic.

But as long as nasty artery-cloggers like the Double Down sell well...

im right there with you on this.

fat people cost american taxpayers almost 20 times what smokers cost, yet we ostricise smokers like they are the children of satan, and let fat people be fat using the "o my parents were fat, so genetically im going to be as well"

no i dont dispute that some people have a genetic predisposition towards being larger than "normal" or average, but that just means they have to work a little bit harder to stay healthy.

SunnySooner
4/13/2010, 11:24 PM
I'm a 70's child as well, guess I just need to worry about my kids. They're both really skinny,though, even though we do have our fair share of junk food in the house. It's next to the fruit, sugar free yogurt, turkey bacon and skim milk. They eat it after football, scouts, ballet and chasing the dog. And they snack on fat free popcorn while playing video games. I really think it's all about balance. If you totally ban Twinkies, they'll just scarf em down at their friends' houses. But if they can have that along with the good stuff, all in portions appropriate to their age and size, and get a fair amount of physical activity, I think most kids will do fine, they do have that high metabolism thing going for them. And watch the juice, especially with toddlers, that stuff is pure sugar. My doctor was anti-juice, he said water and milk are all they need, so if I do give it to them, I water it down or buy the low-sugar varieties. Liquid calories are a huge cause of overweight kids, lose the Cokes, juice, whole milk, etc, and the result would be astounding.

Harry Beanbag
4/13/2010, 11:44 PM
Hmmmm, Twinkies, haven't had one in years. I think I'll be stopping by the store on the way home. I was born before 1980 so it's ok.

GottaHavePride
4/14/2010, 08:33 AM
PBS outlived its reason for existing when cable came along.

Well, let me know as soon as a cable station starts airing broadcasts from the Met Opera.

NormanPride
4/14/2010, 09:51 AM
I'm from 82, and I certainly know the sting of this statistic. I'm working out constantly and trying to eat healthier. It's hard in America.

OhU1
4/14/2010, 10:11 AM
There was a commercial a few years ago showing a husky 20-something man playing a video game and then breaking into an exuberant celebration around his couch after besting the game. The celebration quickly petered out into pathetic wheezing and huffing as the gamer's flabby heart could not pump enough oxygen to support more than a 10 "end zone dance". The commercial ended with the message to get more active. Well done.

goingoneight
4/14/2010, 04:22 PM
I'm as much of a computer and electronics nerd as any kid I grew up with, but damn... enough was enough after an hour or so.

sooner59
4/14/2010, 04:24 PM
I'm from 82, and I certainly know the sting of this statistic. I'm working out constantly and trying to eat healthier. It's hard in America.

Same here. I started eating less and eating healthier along with working out 5 days a week. I have lost 21 lbs this semester so far. Makes you feel better in general.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/14/2010, 04:33 PM
Did the pbs thing mention the life spans of the people who died as a result of the famine . . .(heh)

4/14/2010, 04:36 PM
PBS outlived its reason for existing when cable came along.of course.

soonerloyal
4/14/2010, 04:39 PM
Mmmmmmm...Cheesy Poofs...

4/14/2010, 04:40 PM
Hmmmm, Twinkies, haven't had one in years. I think I'll be stopping by the store on the way home. I was born before 1980 so it's ok.You're home free. If you're born before 1950, like a few of us, you can eat just about anything, huh?

4/14/2010, 04:42 PM
Well, let me know as soon as a cable station starts airing broadcasts from the Met Opera.That's included within the govt.-funded part of PBS, no doubt.