PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Davis

Jello Biafra
4/13/2010, 10:55 AM
anyone know anything bout this kid? 6'4" 265 DEnd from choctaw.

ive seen him play. dude can bring the wood. but i see that KSU is the only one to OFFER so far.

Jello Biafra
4/13/2010, 11:24 AM
nothing? another clue. he wants to play for us...

Jello Biafra
4/13/2010, 11:27 AM
related to this dude....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Davis_(quarterback)

Jello Biafra
4/13/2010, 04:06 PM
nothing but crickets chirping from the recruiting experts?

Tigeman
4/13/2010, 06:14 PM
You asked what we know about him, but seems like you know all about him already! LOL.
He sure has some champagne tastes on his offer wish list...lol.

But on a serious note, the kid will probably end up at LB. I've heard we weren't all that interested. Not a slow shuttle, but not blazing fast.... decent though. Wish he had his 40 time up. Guess his stock is on the rise. He holds his destiny.... he's just now getting some attn.

EDIT: NVM about the LB... didn't realize he's 24+, thought I saw 220ish. A bit large for one of our LB's. Would be nice to see bit linebacker back there laying some big hits...lol.

Tigeman
4/13/2010, 06:21 PM
Rhino is the one you want to ask though.

Jello Biafra
4/13/2010, 08:43 PM
well, i happen to know a guy who coached him in little leauge. says that his current frame could hold another 25-30 lbs...at 265 currently, he COULD be a decent sized dt....my buddy says hes a slim 265.

i was shocked when i found out he was steve davis' nephew. i've watched him play for two years now and would have never put the two together. apparently his dad played for us as well.

honestly though, i just wanted to get a feel for what anyone else thought about him.

Tigeman
4/13/2010, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I was looking at his frame and thinking he looked like a massive "220ish". I was like HOLY COW this kid must be ripped (not saying he's still not). Then I noticed I read it wrong somehow, and saw the 240 and thought that looked closer. Some time with smitty and and he'd be up to 270ish.... probably end up at DE, if we give him a look. Time will tell..... just now getting attn.... but how much of it is attn. that's he's bringing to himself and just saying he's talking to schools such as Bama, and OU?

Eielson
4/13/2010, 10:15 PM
I haven't heard of him.

At least it's not crickets.

Jello Biafra
4/13/2010, 10:27 PM
I haven't heard of him.

At least it's not crickets.

lol true dat.... and tige...my buddy said he desperately wants to play for OU.

he said (my buddy, that is)his dad died in a car wreck when he was young and has always loved the sooners...any of you older guys remember his dad? played LB back when steve davis was a senior.

Tigeman
4/13/2010, 10:44 PM
Gotta love those kids who really want to play here! Good luck to the kid.

sooner94
4/14/2010, 04:00 PM
Gotta love those kids who really want to play here! Good luck to the kid.

Yeah, those kids are good for the program. And I like when they are legacy guys.

I hear we recently had a QB whose dad played at OU in the 70's, and the kid really wanted to be a Sooner. Drawing a blank on the name, but I think he was pretty good.;)

goingoneight
4/14/2010, 04:07 PM
I want to play for OU, too.

I'm a 6'2, 190 lb receiver.

But I'm white, and 25... and I don't want to guess what my 40 time would be.

oudavid1
4/15/2010, 12:33 AM
I played for a school that played him, i personally as a QB(3rd string) had to scout him. he was truly pretty good, but not OU good. I wish him the best of luck though, i hope he makes it and proves my *** wrong.