PDA

View Full Version : Bradford with Gruden on ESPN

Collier11
4/12/2010, 10:49 PM
Anyone else just see that, it was a neat deal. Nothing earth shattering but basically it showed the both of them looking at tape for about 5 minutes and discussing different aspects from Sam learning how to slide better, getting his head around faster on play fakes, and analyzing the deep pass against Tech.

OK2U
4/12/2010, 11:10 PM
Is that the one where Gruden says: "You are one of the worst sliding down quarterback I've ever seen" in referencing how Sam takes hits both inside and outside of the pocket.
link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjpx_tneQZQ

Collier11
4/12/2010, 11:32 PM
Yea, lol

boomersooner28
4/12/2010, 11:46 PM
Wow, that was cool. Spekkage.

mehip
4/13/2010, 12:22 AM
"Orbiting into the end-zone" ROFL

IronHorseSooner
4/13/2010, 12:53 AM
I hope he rips Tebow on his throwing motion, but I bet he won't because he thinks Tebow will be a great NFL QB.

Breadburner
4/13/2010, 10:55 AM
Sam was always looking to make a play.....It got him in trouble a few times......

badger
4/13/2010, 10:58 AM
"Orbiting into the end-zone" ROFL

The play that made both OU's and OSU's pregame highlight reels :rolleyes:

goingoneight
4/13/2010, 12:07 PM
That's their definition of a goal-line stand... let the QB run for 30 yards but by god don't let him get into the endzone... until the next play on a QB sneak. :D

SunnySooner
4/13/2010, 12:59 PM
I think it's hard for Sam, because he's such a competitor, to intentionally put himself above making a play. He'll have to change that in the NFL, because when he sees an open defender coming for him, he'll have to be thinking about how to avoid the injury, not getting rid of the ball to avoid a sack. Gruden pointed that out to him, and I hope he takes it to heart, because as a pro athlete, his health will be more important than his desire to sacrifice his body to help his team. I think that concept goes against who he is as a person, 'cause we all know that he is very selfless when it comes to his team. It will be a difficult but necessary lesson for him to learn, if he wants a long and mostly injury-free career.

Stitch Face
4/13/2010, 01:39 PM
"That's big time"

badger
4/13/2010, 01:58 PM
That's their definition of a goal-line stand... let the QB run for 30 yards but by god don't let him get into the endzone... until the next play on a QB sneak. :D

The prairie wind touched their skin.

NormanPride
4/13/2010, 02:17 PM
He even fumbled the snap and still got in. How sad... Our goal line stands just involve their QB fumbling.

rawlingsHOH
4/13/2010, 03:13 PM
He even fumbled the snap and still got in. How sad... Our goal line stands just involve their QB fumbling.

We've had some great ones against OSU in recent years!! I recall back to back years, 06/07, where Robinson fumbled on 4th down. Wasn't going to make it anyway.

NormanPride
4/13/2010, 03:16 PM
The classic goalline stand is my favorite thing in football. When we stuffed OSU in '03 I admit I shed a tear in joy.

sooner94
4/13/2010, 04:21 PM
The classic goalline stand is my favorite thing in football. When we stuffed OSU in '03 I admit I shed a tear in joy.

We were up 52-9 at the time late in the 4th quarter and the crowd was rockin. That was a cool moment.

badger
4/13/2010, 04:37 PM
Not sure how this turned into a "Hate on Poke" thread, but I'll roll with it :D

Last year, we were just bs'in around with Poke to run out the clock and OH SH!T we turned the ball over. Slooooooowwwww Poke is running as fast as his lineman body will carry him... BUT WHAT's THIS?! Our OWN big line guy is charging after it, stripping the ball!

The shutout is preserved! Sooners win! Sooners win!

(not that the win was ever in question)

For the orange-clad that stuck around after any hope and dream or prayer of the first Bedl@m win since 2002 died, that must have been uber soul crushing :D

the_ouskull
4/13/2010, 05:11 PM
Every thread this time of year turns into a "hate on Poke" thread, but I've discovered why.

Wrestling season just ended. It's the middle of baseball and golf season. Their football team hasn't played a game yet, so football is all about the fantasy; the "what if?"'s. For an Oklahoma State sports fan, this is the greatest time of the year. That's why they're a little mouthier than usual, a little more-willing to run down the list of players that OU lost.. as opposed to going over the list of players we just brought in...

There's something about being there... don't get me wrong, Pat Jones was awesome, but, since that guy, geez... Bob Simmons might have been dead the last few years he was there... Les Miles. Gundy. What is it about being a coach at Oklahoma State that makes you a petulant, whiny, egotistical martyr?

I guess it's the same "spring" that's in the air that makes their fans think that "this is the year," and "OU's goin' down," and other buffoonery.

the_ouskull

badger
4/13/2010, 05:38 PM
If Poke State couldn't bring OU down in our worst, most injury-plagued year and during their best, SI-cover (correction - COVERS! Plural!) year, then what chance to they ever have of beating us ever again?

Answer: When it happens, they will celebrate endlessly because they won't know when the next time will be.

Bet they all wish they enjoyed 2002 a bit more now, eh?

Eielson
4/13/2010, 05:40 PM
I guess it's the same "spring" that's in the air that makes their fans think that "this is the year," and "OU's goin' down," and other buffoonery.

That was last year, wasn't it? Or the year before?

SoonerMom2
4/13/2010, 07:30 PM
Not sure how this turned into a "Hate on Poke" thread, but I'll roll with it :D

Last year, we were just bs'in around with Poke to run out the clock and OH SH!T we turned the ball over. Slooooooowwwww Poke is running as fast as his lineman body will carry him... BUT WHAT's THIS?! Our OWN big line guy is charging after it, stripping the ball!

The shutout is preserved! Sooners win! Sooners win!

That was the most AWESOME play to preserve the shutout and remember leaving the stadium with a loss of voice even though like you said the outcome was never in doubt. Enjoyed that game so much and a perfect ending to that game!

OU-HSV
4/13/2010, 11:39 PM
The link isn't working for me?

Edit: Nevermind, I clicked it again and it worked.

goingoneight
4/14/2010, 11:58 AM
One thing I know will change is the whole shotgun formation thing we do at OU (at least under KW). In the NFL, they don't look to the coaches every five seconds, it will be up to Sam to read it all out, call a play in a huddle (easy) and make audibles on his own (he's smart enough to handle this, I'm sure). There's also that leg-kick thing NFL QBs do... whereas OUr guys go on a snap count or "go-count." It's hard to explain without showing a video of us in a third and long and an NFL team in a third and long. You see it all pre-snap and you'll notice the difference immediately.

badger
4/14/2010, 12:08 PM
One thing I know will change is the whole shotgun formation thing we do at OU (at least under KW).

I agree. Meerkats should not be given shotguns.

http://anneminard.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/meerkats1.jpg

goingoneight
4/14/2010, 12:21 PM
I like the way the no-huddle works... it has it's flaws in goal-line sets and 4th-and inches situations, but those could be worked out by simply fielding a better team that knows how to be physical and doesn't forget the play, the snap count, not to jump offsides, etc. What some folks often forget is the QB is the one who pulls back and looks to the sideline when he doesn't feel confident in the play or confident in his team to be able to execute it properly. If Stephen Good and Donald Stephenson don't know who they're blocking, or Josh Aledanoye has trouble jumping off-sides, or Ryan Broyles doesn't know which route to run, the QB checks down. Unfortunately, you sometimes run into the dreaded "meerkat" instead of the offense that gets out there and lights you up, be it 1st and 45 or 4th and inches.

badger
4/14/2010, 12:43 PM
There was an ad during last football season that showed meerkats doing silly things. We did our own voiceovers of Landry Jones looking to the sideline for the play call, everyone running around lost, etc. :D

last season really was fun, aside from the injuries and occasional losing. those seasons really make you appreciate the title game seasons.

goingoneight
4/14/2010, 04:04 PM
Not really... it just brings out the morons of the fanbase who are otherwise quiet and satisfied when we're winning titles.

"Fire Stoops!"

"I think this freshman kid is better than that old washup Heisman winner, we should start him against Texas!"

"Where's Grish-man? Come on, coach!!!"

"Durrrr... we needs us some swagger... durr!!!"

"Why the hell can't our TE outrun Texas's safety?!? Stupid strength and conditioning coach!"

Collier11
4/14/2010, 04:30 PM
dont forget

do these coaches know anything, I could draw up better plays than Wilson or Venables

TexasLidig8r
4/14/2010, 04:45 PM
Not really... it just brings out the morons of the fanbase who are otherwise quiet and satisfied when we're winning titles.

"Fire Stoops!"

"I think this freshman kid is better than that old washup Heisman winner, we should start him against Texas!"

"Where's Grish-man? Come on, coach!!!"

"Durrrr... we needs us some swagger... durr!!!"

"Why the hell can't our TE outrun Texas's safety?!? Stupid strength and conditioning coach!"

This is gold Jerry.. Gold I tell you. :D

goingoneight
4/14/2010, 04:51 PM
This is gold Jerry.. Gold I tell you. :D

I'm sure there's a lot of "Fire Greg Davis" and "what the hell is wrong with that freshman playing the nation's toughest defense?!?" threads going on down south?

Collier11
4/15/2010, 01:57 AM
I hate to say this cus it is gonna come off as being an hater but I honestly really like Colt. Having said that, did anyone watch the bit with him and Gruden and when Coach asked him a few questions he didnt seem to know the answer or was slow to answer? Also, Grudens point about the southern draw was very accurate cus when Mccoy rattled off the play call it was hard to understand

rawlingsHOH
4/15/2010, 10:56 AM
I hate to say this cus it is gonna come off as being an hater but I honestly really like Colt. Having said that, did anyone watch the bit with him and Gruden and when Coach asked him a few questions he didnt seem to know the answer or was slow to answer? Also, Grudens point about the southern draw was very accurate cus when Mccoy rattled off the play call it was hard to understand
Colt always seemed slow to me. I was very surprised he scored a 25 (26?) on the Wonderlic.