PDA

View Full Version : Which seed would you like to see the Thunder get?

bri
4/12/2010, 07:04 PM
I'd like to see us in the 7 spot. Of the high seeds we could face, Utah and Dallas are the ones I think we have the best shot of beating. Since Phoenix locked up the 6 seed, Utah's out, so that leaves Dallas. (Sorry, Grapevine. ;))

silverwheels
4/12/2010, 07:48 PM
Doesn't really matter to me as long as we get Utah or Dallas in the first round. I would even rather play the Lakers than the Nuggets. Luckily the other team that gives us real problems on a regular basis (the Blazers) is a low seed, too.

But then again, if our defense doesn't get better, we're going to have a tough time beating anyone, even at home.

bri
4/12/2010, 09:38 PM
Well, we can't get Utah now. If we win tonight, it's probably Denver or Dallas. Lose, and it's HELLO RAPE FACE.

silverwheels
4/13/2010, 12:12 AM
We're locked into the 8th seed now. At least the Lakers aren't as good as they have been the past couple of years, but I still can't see us winning that series. Would be lucky to win games 3 and 4.

IronHorseSooner
4/13/2010, 01:01 AM
The thing is that the Lakers have been limping down the stretch (3-6), and one of those was a mauling at the hands of us. Again, it comes down to defense. This is a young team, and defense is the last thing that comes around in a player's game. Remember, with the last 3 dynasties we had in this sport (Lakers, Spurs, and Bulls), they didn't become great until their stars became great defensive players (Kobe, Duncan, Jordan, Pippen). I would expect that the off-season will address that issue, both in team focus and any player moves. That being said, wouldn't it be cool to have Eduardo back up here? He would DEFINITELY bring a rugged defensive and defensive presence to the team.

birddog
4/13/2010, 04:33 PM
The thing is that the Lakers have been limping down the stretch (3-6), and one of those was a mauling at the hands of us. Again, it comes down to defense. This is a young team, and defense is the last thing that comes around in a player's game. Remember, with the last 3 dynasties we had in this sport (Lakers, Spurs, and Bulls), they didn't become great until their stars became great defensive players (Kobe, Duncan, Jordan, Pippen). I would expect that the off-season will address that issue, both in team focus and any player moves. That being said, wouldn't it be cool to have Eduardo back up here? He would DEFINITELY bring a rugged defensive and defensive presence to the team.

holy carp they need to find a way to make that work. he'd fit in great with the young guys.

phil spektor