PDA

View Full Version : Lee Iacocca discusses America, now

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/12/2010, 02:50 AM
From his new book: http://blog.skibear.com/?p=988
He's wondering about the emergence of leadership.

StoopTroup
4/12/2010, 09:00 AM
So he thinks we are finally seeing some?

StoopTroup
4/12/2010, 09:11 AM
OK. I just read part of that. Obviously he's pissed he can't get parts for his broken down Benz now.

Also. He doesn't mention GWB when he says this...

It's easy to sit there with your thumb up your butt and talk theory, or send someone else's kids off to war when you've never seen a battlefield yourself. It's another thing to lead when your world comes tumbling down.

But he comes right out of his wheelchair to say we should throw all the Dems out of office including our current POTUS. Isn't that a one party system then? Wouldn't that make Lee a right wing wacko with communist leaning views?

He must have missed medication time at the Home or he wasn't able to unload his Chrysler stock before they ate the big one.

Wow.

GottaHavePride
4/12/2010, 10:00 AM
Heh.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/iacocca.asp

...this excerpt has since been altered to remove Iacocca's criticisms of Republicans/conservatives and to insert denigrative passages about Democrats/liberals that were not written by Lee Iacocca and were not part of the original work.

Fact check fail. Snopes even re-prints the text of that with all the changes to Iacocca's original text marked in bold. It's a significant amount.

Crucifax Autumn
4/12/2010, 10:16 AM
Heh.

soonerscuba
4/12/2010, 10:37 AM
From his new book: http://blog.skibear.com/?p=988
He's wondering about the emergence of leadership.There is literally nothing you won't believe about Obama as long as it's negative, is there? I hear the Bat Boy is considering running for Congress for the Tea Party, it seems true enough and tabloids were right about John Edwards.

4/12/2010, 12:39 PM
Well, I'll applaud you left guys for your research as to the authenticity of who wrote the article I linked. If it wasn't Iacacocca, it shouldn't have been attributed to him, but you gotta admit it was GOOD and TRUE. enjoy!

Veritas
4/12/2010, 01:44 PM
Well, I'll applaud you left guys for your research as to the authenticity of who wrote the article I linked. If it wasn't Iacacocca, it shouldn't have been attributed to him, but you gotta admit it was GOOD and TRUE. enjoy!
Taking "iacocca ‘Am I the only guy in this country who’s fed up with what’s happening? (http://www.google.com/search?q=iacocca+%E2%80%98Am+I+the+only+guy+in+thi s+country+who%E2%80%99s+fed+up+with+what%E2%80%99s +happening%3F&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official)" and putting it into Google isn't so much research as it is due diligence to make sure one isn't posting fiction.

soonerscuba
4/12/2010, 01:57 PM
and TRUE. enjoy!How are you so dense as to not see that when you make something up, then attribute it to someone more famous and talented than yourself, it's the absolute opposite of true? I'm assuming you hold Dan Rather in the same regard as this "author".

4/12/2010, 02:03 PM
Taking "iacocca ‘Am I the only guy in this country who’s fed up with what’s happening? (http://www.google.com/search?q=iacocca+%E2%80%98Am+I+the+only+guy+in+thi s+country+who%E2%80%99s+fed+up+with+what%E2%80%99s +happening%3F&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official)" and putting it into Google isn't so much research as it is due diligence to make sure one isn't posting fiction.What did you think of the article itself. Regardless of who wrote or edited it, there were some good points made, huh?

yermom
4/12/2010, 03:10 PM
seems this isn't even the first time it's been posted here as his

TopDawg
4/12/2010, 03:30 PM
Where Have All The Leaders Gone has a copyright date of 2007. In other words, 'twas written before Obama took office.

So, technically, the thread title should be "Lee Iacocca discusses America, 3 years ago."

Except, of course, that it wasn't Lee Iacocca discussing America.

heh. I clicked over to the "Our Philosophy" part of that blog. Check out this gem:

Many, if not all of us have studied this at one time or another in our lives. Over many years in this business I have developed my own set of “Philosophies” about life and business. Each and every one of us is part of the Human Race. Being human means that no matter how good we are, sooner or later we will make a mistake. What separates the “good” from the “best” is how the mistake is handled. When I’m considering entering into a new business relationship with a service provider, I will sit down with that person and explain that the one thing I will not put up with is the lack of truth. Simply put, if you make a mistake tell me you “screwed up” and what is being done to correct it. I don’t want to constantly hear that it’s “someone else” that made the mistake.

GottaHavePride
4/12/2010, 04:05 PM
What did you think of the article itself. Regardless of who wrote or edited it, there were some good points made, huh?

What, someone editing a text written by someone else to discredit policies and groups they don't like, then attributing it back to the original author so it carries more weight when it gets e-mailed around to people? I think it's a piece of ****.

4/12/2010, 04:13 PM
What, someone editing a text written by someone else to discredit policies and groups they don't like, then attributing it back to the original author so it carries more weight when it gets e-mailed around to people? I think it's a piece of ****.What, you don't like the thought in the article? Big Surprise.

4/12/2010, 04:13 PM
What, someone editing a text written by someone else to discredit policies and groups they don't like, then attributing it back to the original author so it carries more weight when it gets e-mailed around to people? I think it's a piece of ****.What, you don't like the thoughts and points in the article? Big Surprise.

TUSooner
4/12/2010, 04:19 PM
This message is hidden because RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! is on your ignore list.

As it should be.

TopDawg
4/12/2010, 04:21 PM
What, you don't like the thoughts and points in the article? Big Surprise.

The first thought/point the author makes is this:

"Just as true today as it was when his book first came out."

In 2007. When Bush was in office.

So do you agree with that thought/point? Is everything he says just as true today as it was when the book first came out?

yermom
4/12/2010, 04:22 PM

if it was "RLIMC Discusses AMERICA, NOW" no one would care

any idiot can rant about how they hate Obama or whatever

StoopTroup
4/12/2010, 04:32 PM
You can thank me for resurrecting another failed attempt to post something valid.

GottaHavePride
4/12/2010, 04:48 PM

The thoughts and points in the article all became a steaming pile of crap as soon as whoever wrote it tried to pass it off as Lee Iacocca's writing. I'd say exactly the same thing if an extreme-left blogger wrote some Republican-bashing crap and tried to attribute it to Warren Buffet, or similar.

It's fraudulent and potentially libelous and not worth discussing.

TopDawg
4/12/2010, 05:03 PM
The thoughts and points in the article all became a steaming pile of crap as soon as whoever wrote it tried to pass it off as Lee Iacocca's writing. I'd say exactly the same thing if an extreme-left blogger wrote some Republican-bashing crap and tried to attribute it to Warren Buffet, or similar.

It's fraudulent and potentially libelous and not worth discussing.

I don't believe you.

Could you attribute the thoughts and points of your post to someone more credible?

4/12/2010, 06:00 PM

It's fraudulent and potentially libelous and not worth discussing.Either the ideas make sense or not. Yours is a separate point from that. I have agreed more than once in this thread that it's wrong to assign the incorrect author to an article. However, the article is a good one.

49r
4/12/2010, 06:04 PM
Oh, God, this thread is so awesome.

Please never change RLimC. You are BY FAR the most entertaining poster in the SO.

4/12/2010, 06:04 PM

any idiot can rant about how they hate Obama or whateverI'll take that as a baneable offense. You don't usually pull that stuff. (yermom pretending I wrote the article, and deliberately ascribed it to Iacocca...then calling me an idiot) You usually are more contained.

A Sooner in Texas
4/12/2010, 06:10 PM
My first thought was, Lee Iacocca's still alive?

Turd_Ferguson
4/12/2010, 06:21 PM
did he died?

TopDawg
4/12/2010, 06:43 PM
However, the article is a good one.

Please quit calling it an article. It's no more "article-like" than most of your posts.

proud gonzo
4/12/2010, 08:49 PM

In that case, whoever it should be attributed to is guilty of plagiarism and the "article" is still crap.

yermom
4/12/2010, 11:30 PM
I'll take that as a baneable offense. You don't usually pull that stuff. (yermom pretending I wrote the article, and deliberately ascribed it to Iacocca...then calling me an idiot) You usually are more contained.

yep. that's exactly what i did

since you take it as a baneable offense why don't you give me a timeout :D

Crucifax Autumn
4/12/2010, 11:34 PM
Someone should make up another one like this, but instead edit some Hitler or Stalin speech from 80 years ago into a full on bash of either side and then claim it's an article by Mel Brooks.

4/13/2010, 12:04 AM
yep. that's exactly what i did

since you take it as a baneable offense why don't you give me a timeout :DJust restrain yourself on the name-calling. You USUALLY do.

Crucifax Autumn
4/13/2010, 12:21 AM
Just call me names instead...The worst is probably true anyway.

yermom
4/13/2010, 12:24 AM
Just restrain yourself on the name-calling. You USUALLY do.

you might reread my post

Tulsa_Fireman
4/13/2010, 12:57 AM
Lee Iacacocca did my tile.

TopDawg
4/13/2010, 01:06 AM
Someone should make up another one like this, but instead edit some Hitler or Stalin speech from 80 years ago into a full on bash of either side and then claim it's an article by Mel Brooks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6hC2TBb1QA

Bourbon St Sooner
4/13/2010, 11:16 AM
I don't know why anybody would care what the Father of the Bailout thinks anyways. 2 taxpayer bailouts later and his company is still making **** cars.

homerSimpsonsBrain
4/13/2010, 11:34 AM
As it should be.

Yep. I finally broke down and added him to my list as well.

John Kochtoston
4/13/2010, 11:39 AM

I must do no such thing.

RACHEL MADDOW is my clone
4/13/2010, 11:46 AM

Only the Great Wise One RUSH LIMBAUGH would post some article without checking any facts,or seeing if it's even true. I hope Lee Iacocca brings about a libel case on you!!

RACHEL MADDOW is my clone
4/13/2010, 11:48 AM
What, you don't like the thought in the article? Big Surprise.

Anyone else notice that he posted the almost exact response to the same post twice? One's all you need there, bud.

4/13/2010, 12:12 PM
you might reread my postThere you go pretending I didn't understand you. I said what I intended.

4/13/2010, 12:15 PM
I don't know why anybody would care what the Father of the Bailout thinks anyways. 2 taxpayer bailouts later and his company is still making **** cars.This might be, at least IMHO, your best post, evar. (Chrysler performed so well, our New Overlords already took them over)

yermom
4/13/2010, 01:17 PM
There you go pretending I didn't understand you. I said what I intended.
ok, let's dissect this.

there are two thoughts here. part one:

the point of this thread was that Lee Iacocca has some thought about the state of the US now (2007)

we are supposed to care what this successful business person thinks. it turns out someone else, we don't know, wrote it. it might as well have been you or Tuba ranting about how awful things are under Maobama

part two:

any blogger can spout nonsense online. that doesn't mean i have to care or agree with what they are ranting about. if you feel "any idiot" applies to you, maybe you should bane your self for a while ;)

49r
4/13/2010, 04:03 PM
I don't know why anybody would care what the Father of the Bailout thinks anyways. 2 taxpayer bailouts later and his company is still making **** cars.

:les: It was a loan guarantee, not a bailout!

Realizing that the company would go out of business if it did not receive a significant amount of money to turn the company around, Iacocca approached the United States Congress in 1979 and asked for a loan guarantee. While some have said that Congress lent Chrysler the money, the government, in fact, only guaranteed the loans. Most observers thought this was an unprecedented move, but Iacocca pointed to the government bailouts of the airline and railroad industries, arguing that more jobs were at stake in Chrysler's possible demise. In the end, though the decision was controversial, Iacocca received the loan guarantee from the government.

4/13/2010, 09:33 PM
there are two thoughts here. part one:
the point of this thread was that Lee Iacocca has some thought about the state of the US now (2007)
we are supposed to care what this successful business person thinks. it turns out someone else, we don't know, wrote it. it might as well have been you or Tuba ranting about how awful things are under Maobama

part two:
any blogger can spout nonsense online. that doesn't mean i have to care or agree with what they are ranting about. if you feel "any idiot" applies to you, maybe you should bane your self for a while ;)1)the article was supposedly written by Iacocca. Attention getting because of its supposed author. It apparently wasn't but it was a good article, and I agree with it.
2) You insinuated I was an idiot, which is name-calling, and we're not allowed. So, have some mod give you some stinky conduct demerit points. You're one of the more rational libs on Soonerfans, so I don't particularly want to see you baned. But, the name-calling is beneath you.