PDA

View Full Version : Fox News pwned by Jon Stewart

JohnnyMack
4/9/2010, 02:32 PM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-april-8-2010/the-big-bang-treaty

Fox News is a bunch of ****ing liars. If you consider them to be any more qualified to deliver your news than any other outlet then you should be given an enema with a Garden Weasel.

KC//CRIMSON
4/9/2010, 02:40 PM
Wouldn't be the first time.....

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200911100063

sooner59
4/9/2010, 02:40 PM
He has a habit of that.

GottaHavePride
4/9/2010, 02:44 PM
Heh. I LOVE how they showed that Obama is doing EXACTLY the same thing Reagan talked about.

C&CDean
4/9/2010, 02:55 PM
WTF are any of you dweebs doing watching Fox news or this *******'s crap anyhow? Losers.

ouleaf
4/9/2010, 03:47 PM
Love the Daily Show and Colbert Report. Both Stewart and Colbert are very intelligent and well versed in ther own right in what is going on in today's political climate. They and their writing teams just specialize in making fun of the most absurd moments, quotes, or video clips of the political or governmental arena.

soonerscuba
4/9/2010, 04:05 PM
Well, obviously they must be telling the truth, look at the ratings.

47straight
4/9/2010, 04:32 PM
What did Jon Stewart do, play a clip of someone he disagrees with, spin their words, make a face and bask the adulation of his audience?

Leroy Lizard
4/9/2010, 05:03 PM
It's just Jon Stewart imitating The Onion.

TopDawg
4/9/2010, 05:17 PM
What did Jon Stewart do, play a clip of someone he disagrees with, spin their words, make a face and bask the adulation of his audience?

No. That's what Fox News did.

delhalew
4/9/2010, 06:05 PM

That's his shtick. He is honest about what he does when confronted with it.

GottaHavePride
4/9/2010, 06:11 PM

He basically called out Fox broadcasts (featuring Hannity, Newt Gingrich, and a few others) for saying that the US / Russia nuclear arms treaty that Obama signed says the opposite of what it actually says.

And THEN he basked in the adulation of his audience.

And then he played a clip of Palin making some remark about what Reagan would have done. And then played a clip of Reagan talking about creating a world free of nuclear armaments, and reducing the US nuclear arsenal by a third. Which is, ironically, just what that treaty that Obama signed does.

And then he basked in the adulation of the audience some more.

TopDawg
4/9/2010, 06:15 PM
Then, in the Moment of Zen, they played a clip of Gingrich accusing Obama of being guilty of thinking his words are a substitute for reality. (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-april-8-2010/moment-of-zen---substitute-for-reality)

heh

StoopTroup
4/9/2010, 06:33 PM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-april-8-2010/the-big-bang-treaty

Fox News is a bunch of ****ing liars. If you consider them to be any more qualified to deliver your news than any other outlet then you should be given an enema with a Garden Weasel.

Hannity: I need TP for my bunghole!

LMAO

StoopTroup
4/9/2010, 06:47 PM
He basically called out Fox broadcasts (featuring Hannity, Newt Gingrich, and a few others) for saying that the US / Russia nuclear arms treaty that Obama signed says the opposite of what it actually says.

And THEN he basked in the adulation of his audience.

And then he played a clip of Palin making some remark about what Reagan would have done. And then played a clip of Reagan talking about creating a world free of nuclear armaments, and reducing the US nuclear arsenal by a third. Which is, ironically, just what that treaty that Obama signed does.

And then he basked in the adulation of the audience some more.

Which really ends up making Fox News and everyone associated with Fox including Sarah Palin....look like Turbo-Dooshes all done by simply using a few clips of Current Comments and Past Historical Comments along with the (of course) obscured reporting of what the agreement says and what is surely hidden in the fine print. Of course we can trust the Pubs to move towards a retraction of this "End of Days" new Treaty once they are done repealing the Healthcare Law that they have no real chance of overturning in 2012.

Of course...this is all a conspiracy by the Obama Administration to use Comedy Central , The Daily Show and Jon Stewart to make the Fox Folks look bad.

Rush Limbaugh is probably salivating at the opportunity to report this conspiracy and uncover all of this.

Dean...you'll probably want to turn to Nickelodeon or the Disney Channel all next week. YWIA ;)

KC//CRIMSON
4/9/2010, 08:15 PM
Which really ends up making Fox News and everyone associated with Fox including Sarah Palin....look like Turbo-Dooshes

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2010/4/1/18/3-invisible-dicks-23149-1270159242-22.jpg

C&CDean
4/9/2010, 08:48 PM
Dude, seriously, does Heather know about your infatuation with Sara?

KC//CRIMSON
4/9/2010, 09:01 PM
Dude, seriously, does Heather know about your infatuation with Sara?

Haven't seen her in a long time, but I know she'd think Palin sucked three kinds of stick.

C&CDean
4/9/2010, 09:12 PM
My bad. I didn't know. However, all things considered, you'd **** Sara Palin like it owed you a greasy sammich and you know it.

KC//CRIMSON
4/9/2010, 09:13 PM
My bad. I didn't know. However, all things considered, you'd **** Sara Palin like it owed you a greasy sammich and you know it.

Meh, I'm not into banging grandmothers.

sooner59
4/9/2010, 11:22 PM
Meh, I'm not into banging grandmothers.

Ohhh, raw-doggin daughter burn!

delhalew
4/10/2010, 12:06 AM
I watched CNN tonight. Talk about a littany of falsehoods.
One interesting thing, all of you who think Ron Paul is some kind of crazy, you should see him next to Jesse Ventura. Picture of sanity.

sooner59
4/10/2010, 12:25 AM
Yeah Ventura is "out there".

GottaHavePride
4/10/2010, 12:36 AM
Ventura ain't got time to bleed.

sooner59
4/10/2010, 01:01 AM
This just in: The Predator is the new governor of Alaska!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/10/2010, 01:30 AM
Pretty sad stuff, Libbies.

yermom
4/10/2010, 01:39 AM
yeah, Reagan was wrong on nukes just like he was on torture

4/10/2010, 12:53 PM
You guys are insinuating our president is doing a good job with national defense. How sad for you...for us.

GottaHavePride
4/10/2010, 01:36 PM
You guys are insinuating our president is doing a good job with national defense. How sad for you...for us.

I'm not insinuating anything about the job Obama's doing. I AM amused that a major news outlet will repeatedly report something as fact that is, in actuality, directly contradictory to the actual fact.

GrapevineSooner
4/10/2010, 01:44 PM
And to add onto this...

At the start of the GWOT, didn't Bush essentially rule out the use of Nukes because neither the Taliban nor Al Queda had them?

Really, this is a case of those afflicted by Obama Derangement Syndrome taking potshots at him because it fits their narrative.

JohnnyMack
4/10/2010, 03:02 PM
I'm not an Obama fan, I just enjoy it when Fox News is exposed for the party line hacks and propaganda ministers they truly are.

jkjsooner
4/10/2010, 03:55 PM

I will say I think he's doing a good job. He's moved our attention to those who actually attacked us and has put the Taliban in Pakistan on the defensive.

4/10/2010, 04:40 PM
I'm not an Obama fan, I just enjoy it when Fox News is exposed for the party line hacks and propaganda ministers they truly are.I think it makes more sense to believe they just screwed up, if they did get something wrong. Knowing that the left will be on them like Africanized Bees if and when they get something wrong, will be a major deterrent to purposefully lying about something. Besides, the usual lefties on this board aren't able to come up with similar passion(hell, usually not even acknowledgement of) against the terrible things the democrat party is doing to our beloved country.

GKeeper316
4/10/2010, 05:57 PM
I think it makes more sense to believe they just screwed up, if they did get something wrong. Knowing that the left will be on them like Africanized Bees if and when they get something wrong, will be a major deterrent to purposefully lying about something. Besides, the usual lefties on this board aren't able to come up with similar passion(hell, usually not even acknowledgement of) against the terrible things the democrat party is doing to our beloved country.

they seem to screw up a lot.

i work in tv news. even on the local level, we put a whole lot of effort into making sure what we report is accurate and factually true.

fox news (at least the hour long hosted interview format programming) is nothing more than propaganda designed to increase ratings through fear and antagonistic rhetoric. ethically, fox news has about as much integrity as spike tv.

anyone thats in this biz will tell you the same thing.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/10/2010, 07:05 PM
http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2010/4/1/18/3-invisible-dicks-23149-1270159242-22.jpg

I wouldn't mind being the one in the middle.

KC//CRIMSON
4/10/2010, 07:19 PM
I wouldn't mind being the one in the middle.

http://i35.tinypic.com/dztob9.jpg

4/10/2010, 07:46 PM
they seem to screw up a lot.

i work in tv news. even on the local level, we put a whole lot of effort into making sure what we report is accurate and factually true.

fox news (at least the hour long hosted interview format programming) is nothing more than propaganda designed to increase ratings through fear and antagonistic rhetoric. ethically, fox news has about as much integrity as spike tv.

anyone thats in this biz will tell you the same thing.That's because all of Conservatism is either a lie or stupid. We get it, Geraldo.

GKeeper316
4/10/2010, 11:36 PM
That's because all of Conservatism is either a lie or stupid. We get it, Geraldo.

conservatism has its place.

but lets stick to the issue, fatass.

fox news network repeatedly gets itself busted doing **** like this. their viewers know they are being lied to. they continue to watch. why is that?

4/11/2010, 01:39 AM
conservatism has its place.

but lets stick to the issue, fatass.

fox news network repeatedly gets itself busted doing **** like this. their viewers know they are being lied to. they continue to watch. why is that?What bounds has your hatred?

soonerhubs
4/11/2010, 08:09 AM
Bottom line RLIMC: These types of gaffes made by Foxnews hurt the conservative movement, and for that folks like Hannity should be ashamed. They (and their staff) get paid far too much money to not have their facts straight.

jkjsooner
4/11/2010, 09:47 AM
I think it makes more sense to believe they just screwed up, if they did get something wrong. Knowing that the left will be on them like Africanized Bees if and when they get something wrong, will be a major deterrent to purposefully lying about something. Besides, the usual lefties on this board aren't able to come up with similar passion(hell, usually not even acknowledgement of) against the terrible things the democrat party is doing to our beloved country.

Have you ever bothered to show any passion or aknowledgement on the terrible things Fox News or the Republicans have done? About the only criticism I've seen from you is that some Republican congressman is "too liberal". That hardly qualifies as being unbiased.

RLIMC, you are probably the most biased poster on this site so you have absolutely no reason to complain about this.

fadada1
4/11/2010, 10:41 AM
fox news doesn't need jon stewart to look like dooshes. they're doing a fine job all by themselves. stewart just "calls them out"... and makes them look even more retarded.

if fox news had half the brains as stewart's/colbert's writers, they'd be the best news organization in the universe. unfortunately... they don't, and they're not.

4/11/2010, 01:09 PM
Bottom line RLIMC: These types of gaffes made by Foxnews hurt the conservative movement, and for that folks like Hannity should be ashamed. They (and their staff) get paid far too much money to not have their facts straight.Agreed, but I'm not believing they would report an erroneous story once they found it to be false. In any case, it doesn't rise to the level of child's play, compared to the actual assault the elected democrats are performing on our country, each and every day.(including their Community Organizing wing-ACORN, or whatever different entities it has morphed into, now)

yermom
4/11/2010, 01:23 PM
it's only erroneous at best. at this point it's gone beyond that

4/11/2010, 01:43 PM
it's only erroneous at best. at this point it's gone beyond thatThen, you should seek FOXNEWS' Fair and Balanced Competition. That would be...er, ah, well, oh, haha, well...hmm.

TopDawg
4/12/2010, 10:01 AM
I watched CNN tonight. Talk about a littany of falsehoods.

Liiiiike.............?

Are you saying that CNN said some things you didn't agree with or some things that were actually false?

TopDawg
4/12/2010, 10:03 AM
I think it makes more sense to believe they just screwed up, if they did get something wrong.

I like the caveat "if they did get something wrong." Are you still not sure that they did?