PDA

View Full Version : Have Yall figured out ?

olevetonahill
4/9/2010, 12:17 PM
I dont GAS ?
but these Lifetime appointments got to STOP :mad:
Aint No 90 year old dude got the smarts to keep being a Judge of the Land
**** em !
Put em out to pasture !
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100409/ap_on_go_su_co/us_supreme_court_stevens:eek: :pop:

yermom
4/9/2010, 01:54 PM
i tend to agree, but i don't like basing it on age alone. same with driving...

OUinFLA
4/9/2010, 02:10 PM
how about basing it on their driving ?

Okla-homey
4/10/2010, 07:47 AM
I dont GAS ?
**** em !
Put em out to pasture !
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100409/ap_on_go_su_co/us_supreme_court_stevens:eek: :pop:

Problem is, any law that would purport to eliminate lifetime appointments of federal judges would be struck down as unconstitutional by the same old judges it sought to force to retire.

TenkillerSooner
4/10/2010, 01:45 PM
Problem is, any law that would purport to eliminate lifetime appointments of federal judges would be struck down as unconstitutional by the same old judges it sought to force to retire.

^Exactly.

It's basically the same reason we will never see term limits for most of the parasites in D.C. The ones affected would have to support them and I just don't see too many leeches voluntarily removing themselves from the host.

jkjsooner
4/10/2010, 03:48 PM

Well, since the "good behavior" has been interpreted as a lifetime appointment, it would require a constitutional amendment either way so if you changed it that would imply an amendment and the court couldn't strike that down.

The court needs to be independent and having lifetime nominations plays a key role in that. I'd hate to see the political pissing contest invade the supreme court.

JohnnyMack
4/10/2010, 04:32 PM
I dont GAS ?
**** em !
Put em out to pasture !

So you don't like 90 year olds? What do you got against people younger than you?

olevetonahill
4/10/2010, 04:35 PM
So you don't like 90 year olds? What do you got against people younger than you?

They smart mouthed punks like you !:P

GKeeper316
4/10/2010, 06:23 PM
^Exactly.

It's basically the same reason we will never see term limits for most of the parasites in D.C. The ones affected would have to support them and I just don't see too many leeches voluntarily removing themselves from the host.

there are term limits. we call them "elections"

GKeeper316
4/10/2010, 06:53 PM
The court needs to be independent and having lifetime nominations plays a key role in that. I'd hate to see the political pissing contest invade the supreme court.

exactly... could you imagine if supreme court justices had to campaign for re-election?

SanJoaquinSooner
4/10/2010, 07:01 PM
We need a constitutional amendment: no one over 70 gets a government check for any reason! Put those old ****ers out of commission!

Okla-homey
4/10/2010, 07:13 PM
We need a constitutional amendment: no one over 70 gets a government check for any reason! Put those old ****ers out of commission!

F-U pal, I earned by gubmint military retirement check. ;)

SanJoaquinSooner
4/10/2010, 07:14 PM
I always wanted to give April Stevens a lifetime appointment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ui772eH2iQ&feature=related

TenkillerSooner
4/10/2010, 07:56 PM
there are term limits. we call them "elections"

Yea, obviously that has worked out great when some are now serving or have served 50+ years. 10-15 years is enough for any Senator/Congressman to serve. IMO

GKeeper316
4/10/2010, 08:10 PM
Yea, obviously that has worked out great when some are now serving or have served 50+ years. 10-15 years is enough for any Senator/Congressman to serve. IMO

if their constituents wanted somebody else, they'd elect somebody else, wouldnt they?

TenkillerSooner
4/10/2010, 09:31 PM
if their constituents wanted somebody else, they'd elect somebody else, wouldnt they?

Yes you are right. I would just like to see some sort of "Byrd" rule, so to speak, in my life time.

John Kochtoston
4/10/2010, 09:36 PM
exactly... could you imagine if supreme court justices had to campaign for re-election?

While federal court elections are about the last thing we need, I wouldn't mind a CotUS amendment which gave Federal judges a, say, 20-year appointment. They could always be reappointed and reconfirmed.