PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a Good Crash Diet?

SunnySooner
4/9/2010, 09:11 AM
In 2 weeks, I'll get to spend a few days with Mr. SS, who, as you may know, is deployed to Iraq. I haven't seen him since August, and I'd like to lose about 7 or 8 pounds. I've been trying for a while, but I'm stuck. Have any of y'all ever done a short-term crash diet that really worked? I'm getting desperate--HELP!!
TIA!!!

C&CDean
4/9/2010, 09:18 AM
First two weeks of South Beach will usually knock off 8-10 pounds, but only if you follow it religiously. No booze, no bread, no starches of any kind. No bacon or sausage (but canadian bacon is OK). No cream in your coffee. Lots of water. I've done it once or twice and have lost over 10 lbs. in 2 weeks.

Of course I ain't sticking to the no booze deal for long though...

1890MilesToNorman
4/9/2010, 09:19 AM
Sunny, don't do anything drastic! He's gonna be so happy to see ya it ain't gonna matter. :D

SunnySooner
4/9/2010, 09:25 AM
lol, 1890, I'll be careful, I just don't want there to be too much of me for him to see!! And thanks Dean, I may end up doing something like that. Do you restrict calories or fatgrams, or just go 0 carbs?

BillyBall
4/9/2010, 09:29 AM
Go on the Keith Richards diet: Blow, cigarettes and pain killers and you won't eat for 2 weeks.

C&CDean
4/9/2010, 09:32 AM
All the above.

If you don't have the South Beach book go buy it. It gives you pretty strict ideas on what you can have. An average day looks like:

Breakfast - quiche cup (quiche made with eggbeaters, spinach, low-fat cheese, and onions/mushrooms and a little hot sauce if you like it). They're actually pretty dang good.

Morning snack: celery sticks with Laughing Cow Lite cheese (walmart sells it)

Lunch: chicken breast and a salad, but make sure to not eat carrots, peas, beets, corn or any other high-carb veggies. Lettuce/spinach/broccoli/cauliflower/mushrooms/onions/bell pepper/etc. are all OK. Basalmic vinegar and olive oil for dressing.

Afternoon snack: 15 almonds or 30 pistachios

Dinner: Fish (not fried/breaded preferably salmon), chicken, small piece of lean beef, salad, and steamed brocolli/cauliflower/brussells sprouts/etc. Still no starchy veggies (corn, carrots, peas, etc.).

SunnySooner
4/9/2010, 09:32 AM
Go on the Keith Richards diet: Blow, cigarettes and pain killers and you won't eat for 2 weeks.

Yeah, but I'd prolly end up looking like ole Keith as well, and the point is to ATTRACT the hubby, not repulse!!:P

C&CDean
4/9/2010, 09:33 AM
Oh and I didn't mean fish + chicken + beef. Pick one.

olevetonahill
4/9/2010, 09:34 AM
Sunny, don't do anything drastic! He's gonna be so happy to see ya it ain't gonna matter. :D

lol, 1890, I'll be careful, I just don't want there to be too much of me for him to see!! And thanks Dean, I may end up doing something like that. Do you restrict calories or fatgrams, or just go 0 carbs?

1890 said it true

Baby he aint gonna care if theres a few lbs that he aint seen!
Hell He gonna be Proud to to see what he sees !

Dont worry about it Hon . IF hes the Man that deserves YOU
He aint gonna care

Tell Him I love him to ok ?

JohnnyMack
4/9/2010, 09:35 AM
Eat fewer calories than you burn.

Drink lots of water.

Don't drink alcohol.

Exercise.

olevetonahill
4/9/2010, 09:39 AM
Yeah, but I'd prolly end up looking like ole Keith as well, and the point is to ATTRACT the hubby, not repulse!!:P

Girlfriend .
Mr SS has been in the ****in sand fer 8 months er so You aint wearing a head Rag are ya ? If NOT then Ya gonna have the ATTRACTION factor
Enjoy .
I know HE will .
Olevet says so !:cool:

olevetonahill
4/9/2010, 09:41 AM

Drink lots of water.

Don't drink alcohol.

Exercise.

When HE do the R&R thingy , The Calories are gonna get burned ! :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :D

1890MilesToNorman
4/9/2010, 09:41 AM
And I thought you already had yer exercise program laid out for those few days with him? That should take care of any excess you might have going in to this mission. ;)

1890MilesToNorman
4/9/2010, 09:42 AM
Vet, get outta my head dammit. :D

SunnySooner
4/9/2010, 10:07 AM
Gotcha, Dean, thanks!!!

And Vet and 1890, I hear ya, I just want to look the best I can for him, helps my little insecurities. It's kinda nerve-wracking to think about seeing him after so long, it feels like a first date or something, lol!! We've never been separated this long before, and hopefully we won't ever be again. It sucks on many levels!!!

olevetonahill
4/9/2010, 10:12 AM
Vet, get outta my head dammit. :D

Shat Im there LOL

Gotcha, thanks!!!
Sunny ,
If ya Dont just kick back and enjoy then I gonna kick someonesass !:hot:

olevetonahill
4/9/2010, 10:17 AM
Gotcha, Dean, thanks!!!

And Vet and 1890, I hear ya, I just want to look the best I can for him, helps my little insecurities. It's kinda nerve-wracking to think about seeing him after so long, it feels like a first date or something, lol!! We've never been separated this long before, and hopefully we won't ever be again. It sucks on many levels!!!

Girl Friend , He LOVES ya !
So ya may have gained a few , I guaranty hes lost a few :pop:

The Beauty of this deal is Neither of Ya are gonna notice !
I take that back YOU will Notice how Much HEs Lost
He aint gonna have a freakin clue if YOU have gained any !

Trust the Vet on this !

SoonerBK
4/9/2010, 10:31 AM
Forget all the crap above. Do the Lindsey Lohan diet....Vodka and Cigarettes.

SunnySooner
4/9/2010, 10:31 AM
Ok, Vet, lol!! I know he's lost weight, I can see it in his face when the Skype comes in clear. And I haven't really gained since he left, I just want to get back to my old fighting weight. Or maybe that should be my wrasslin' weight!;) :D :D :D

NormanPride
4/9/2010, 10:32 AM
Um... don't lose the weight? Sometimes that weight is lost in the ta-tas, and that is a sad thing.

SunnySooner
4/9/2010, 10:34 AM
Forget all the crap above. Do the Lindsey Lohan diet....Vodka and Cigarettes.

Well, that one does sound like more fun 'cause I loves me some vodka, but again, same problem as the Keith Richards diet--you end up looking like Lindsey, a 24 year old in a 55 year old's face/body!! :eek:

SunnySooner
4/9/2010, 10:38 AM
Um... don't lose the weight? Sometimes that weight is lost in the ta-tas, and that is a sad thing.

Sad, but true!! However, he's more of a leg/butt guy, so hopefully that won't be a problem. Plus, I'm somewhat mammary-challenged, so there's not really much there to lose in the first place.:(

yermom
4/9/2010, 10:45 AM
yoga, FTW :D

SunnySooner
4/9/2010, 10:50 AM
yoga, FTW :D

You can never be too flexible, right??:P :D

ADs_Agent
4/9/2010, 10:51 AM
HCG worked great for me. I'm 171 as of today

SunnySooner
4/9/2010, 10:52 AM
HCG worked great for me. I'm 171 as of today

Really? I've heard about that, there are some clinics here that do that. How much did you lose, and how long did it take? What did you eat?

ADs_Agent
4/9/2010, 11:08 AM
Really? I've heard about that, there are some clinics here that do that. How much did you lose, and how long did it take? What did you eat?

no carbs or starch, about 500 calories a day. I'd eat an apple in the morning, 4 oz of chicken and as much veggies as I want for lunch and something similar for dinner.

It's pricey, but I just buy my HCG online rather than paying the 800% markup at the Broadway Clinic. I've been on this diet for about 6 weeks and I was 205 when I started, a clean 171 today.

olevetonahill
4/9/2010, 11:09 AM
Ok, Vet, lol!! I know he's lost weight, I can see it in his face when the Skype comes in clear. And I haven't really gained since he left, I just want to get back to my old fighting weight. Or maybe that should be my wrasslin' weight!;) :D :D :D

He Gonna LOVE ya at any weight !
And Be one HAPPY MOFO to have ya !:D :hot:

olevetonahill
4/9/2010, 11:13 AM
If Mr SS is 1/2 the Man I think he is
He will wear that excess Off in the 1st Day Home !;) :cool:

NormanPride
4/9/2010, 11:30 AM
hCG vs Placebo (http://health.howstuffworks.com/health-illness/wellness/physical-fitness/weight-loss/hcg-diet4.htm)

First link I found, really. I know almost nothing about it other than the idea of what it does.

yermom
4/9/2010, 01:17 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorionic_gonadotropin

yeah, i think i'm gonna have to pass

yermom
4/9/2010, 01:20 PM
i'm pretty much with Olevet. i wouldn't do anything too drastic that might change moods or energy levels

Collier11
4/9/2010, 01:22 PM
Ive seen ya Sunny, you dont have to worry

C&CDean
4/9/2010, 01:38 PM
no carbs or starch, about 500 calories a day. I'd eat an apple in the morning, 4 oz of chicken and as much veggies as I want for lunch and something similar for dinner.

It's pricey, but I just buy my HCG online rather than paying the 800% markup at the Broadway Clinic. I've been on this diet for about 6 weeks and I was 205 when I started, a clean 171 today.

Wanna know how I know you're stupid?

Anybody that goes on a 500 calorie per day diet without carbs is gonna lose a ****pot of weight. What kind of a moron wants to take drugs on top of it? Geez people, there is no such thing as a magic pill for weight loss and there never will be.

Of course somewhere down the road there is a class-action lawsuit in your future for all the idiots who have died or lost their nuts or something from taking this ****. Your share should be about tree-fiddy. Hope it was worth it.

Breadburner
4/9/2010, 01:42 PM
H1N1 or have someone ship you a gallon of water from Mexico......!

Collier11
4/9/2010, 01:46 PM
500 calories a day is in NO way, shape, or form healthy...for anyone

soonerboy_odanorth
4/9/2010, 01:48 PM
I've got the perfect 5 step diet that will take 10-20 pounds off and you can even wait to start it the day of his return.. in fact it is prefered:

1.) Your best morning beautification... hair, makeup, etc.
2.) Put on your sexiest thong panties.
3.) Put on your sassiest high heels
4.) Put on a trench coat
5.) Show up and give a peek-a-boo flash

Good luck getting out of the parking lot!

C&CDean
4/9/2010, 01:50 PM
I've got the perfect 5 step diet that will take 10-20 pounds off and you can even wait to start it the day of his return.. in fact it is prefered:

4.) Put on a trench coat

You're right. When you did that to me up in Ames that time it was all over but the moaning and groaning...

oumartin
4/9/2010, 01:50 PM

Drink lots of water.

Don't drink alcohol.

Exercise.

yep, it's all about calorie deficit. you can fast or eat little to nothing for a few days and drop but once your body adjusts it will stop falling off.

do 100 prison cell pushups each day and the weight will fall off.

oumartin
4/9/2010, 01:53 PM

1200 calories is the bare minimum to lose weight and thats for a person that sits on their butt all day doing nothing. 500 calories? is that even possible?

C&CDean
4/9/2010, 01:58 PM
I ate lunch at Chelino's today. I had 500 calories in me before they brought the special Armando's sauce, fried jalapenos and tortillas. I hadn't even ordered yet.

<500 calories + stupid drugs = dangerous situation.

1890MilesToNorman
4/9/2010, 02:09 PM

4.) Put on a trench coat

He might go into shock, just some good ole camo panties and bra will do. And a sweet Cheshire cat smile of course Sunny. :D

SunnySooner
4/9/2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks for all the great and funny advice!! I think I'm just gonna do the Dean dealio--limit my carbs for the next 2 weeks, and keep riding my bike to nowhere. Can't hurt, might help, and yeah, the only women he's seen for 8 months have had no makeup, pinned-up hair, and layers of camo. Not to mention they all carry guns. At this point, I have to look at least a little better than that!! And he's had no alcohol during that time, either. If I don't look so hot at first, I'm sure I'll be absolutely gorgeous after about 3 or 4 beers!!! ;) :P :D :D :D

Collier11
4/9/2010, 04:39 PM
Dean dealio--limit my carbs for the next 2 weeks

I was really hoping for a typo somewhere in that sentence :D

SunnySooner
4/9/2010, 04:45 PM
I was really hoping for a typo somewhere in that sentence :D

I'm not even sure I get that. I'll be righteously indignant just in case.:D

Collier11
4/9/2010, 04:47 PM
think deans carbs

C&CDean
4/9/2010, 08:52 PM
Think my dick in your mouth C-boy and you've got it.

A Sooner in Texas
4/9/2010, 10:36 PM
So happy you get to see your man soon, Sunny! And everybody's right, he's not going to care and probably not going to even notice any extra lbs. Plus, you'll probably work 'em off the first day or two. Just do it the smart way...limit carbs and fat, lots of water and some form of exercise - you'll be lookin' extra good. Have fun when he gets home!

Collier11
4/10/2010, 12:12 AM
Think my dick in your mouth C-boy and you've got it.

I dont really like crabs, thanks though

BudSooner
4/10/2010, 02:32 PM
Dean+Quiche? :D

Oh, and don't be h8n on Lindsey...i'd still hit to this day.

With a bag of quarters.

soonerloyal
4/10/2010, 02:42 PM
When you get a chance hon, be sure to tell him welcome home and thanks - from all of us. ((HUG))

And yeah, the SB diet is awesome. Just DO follow the first phase to the letter. Oh, and if you want to put a real kick in it, stop by the local USMC recruiting office and tell them what you're doing, and have them hand ya a workout sheet. Maybe even ask if you can work out or run a couple times with the DEP-ers. Guaranteed to burn off more than you think, quicker than ya think. ;)

Glad he's coming home!