PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana arrest made at 4:20

badger
4/8/2010, 10:36 AM
Yay, Tulsa! :D

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20100408_11_0_Teselo59993)

NormanPride
4/8/2010, 10:45 AM
Timing is everything, ladies and gentlemen.

yermom
4/8/2010, 11:06 AM
it takes 25 pounds to be considered "trafficking"

wow

StoopTroup
4/8/2010, 11:45 AM
Depending on what kind of pot he had...he's got $60,000 to $400,000 worth of pot. It will probably cost more than $50,000 to get a light sentence is my guess. SEE YA!

OULenexaman
4/8/2010, 11:57 AM
possession of marijuana without a tax stamp......always buy that tax stamp....judges like that...

oumartin
4/8/2010, 12:12 PM
legalize that stuff already, sheesh. legalize it and tax the heck outta it.

GottaHavePride
4/8/2010, 01:49 PM

I've been saying that for YEARS. Budget shortfalls? Raise the pot tax again!

StoopTroup
4/8/2010, 03:11 PM
I say just charge folks who have more than $10,000 in the bank or investments a flat 5% tax. Then folks will carry around more cash and then they will get carry permits too. Then either the money will get circulated back into the economy or we'll reduce crime.

Then legalize pot and require a hair test to renew Drivers Licenses. Then I will retire and run a cash pot den with a limo service.

GKeeper316
4/8/2010, 03:36 PM
heh in mendicino county, ca, its legal to grow up to 120 pot plants for your own personal use. at (an average of) $5000 profit per plant per year...

cash crop anyone?

yermom
4/8/2010, 04:14 PM
i think a large marijuana plant fell on StoopTroups family and orphaned him at a young age or something

Leroy Lizard
4/8/2010, 06:37 PM
Then legalize pot and require a hair test to renew Drivers Licenses.

Great. Another thing a person has to buy. Each year the fee to get a hair sample analyzed will just keep climbing as the government finds one more way to screw taxpayers out of their money.

Leroy Lizard
4/8/2010, 06:39 PM

That dude isn't going to become a fine upstanding citizen because you legalized pot. He is just going to start burglarizing homes. He wants money and he doesn't want to work for it. The fact that is free to roam around and break the law is the problem we need to solve.

sooner ngintunr
4/8/2010, 06:52 PM
why tax the heck out of it? That makes zero sense. Just decrimalize it for personal use. Sin taxes are about the stupidest thing ever.

Leroy Lizard
4/8/2010, 10:50 PM
Then why decriminalize it?

OULenexaman
4/8/2010, 10:58 PM
why tax the heck out of it? That makes zero sense. Just decrimalize it for personal use. Sin taxes are about the stupidest thing ever.

UHH.....what do you think booze and smoke taxes are?? :rolleyes:

sooner ngintunr
4/9/2010, 10:07 AM
Then why decriminalize it?

Why was it even criminalized for personal use in the first place? Using an increased tax base as an argument for legalization of Pot makes no sense to me.

UHH.....what do you think booze and smoke taxes are?? :rolleyes:

They are "sin taxes". What's your point?

olevetonahill
4/9/2010, 10:09 AM
Azzhole runnin with 37 LBS
and the Leflore PoPos **** wit me over a Small Bud :eek:
DIKWADS :pop:

Leroy Lizard
4/9/2010, 10:32 AM
Why was it even criminalized for personal use in the first place? Using an increased tax base as an argument for legalization of Pot makes no sense to me.

It doesn't make very good financial sense to me. But we all know smoking pot is not such a good thing. What are you trying to achieve by making it legal?

TheHumanAlphabet
4/9/2010, 10:37 AM
possession of marijuana without a tax stamp......always buy that tax stamp....judges like that...

The guy didn't know that marijuanna isn't illegal, it is just illegal to possess without a tax stamp issued by the gubment that no one can get. Hence it is illegal...

sooner ngintunr
4/9/2010, 10:51 AM
It doesn't make very good financial sense to me. But we all know smoking pot is not such a good thing. What are you trying to achieve by making it legal?

I never said make it legal. I'm arguing against making it legal and "taxing the hell out of it"

I'm saying free up some (alot) of resources by not worrying about a guy getting high at home growing a couple of plants. Something like 700,000 arrests were made last year for possession alone. That's a waste IMO.

Better than taxing, just make possession of less than an ounce a simple fine. (or better yet, just decriminalize it). I just think we less beaurocracy in this country, not more.

Do what Reagan should have done, focus on meth.

Leroy Lizard
4/9/2010, 05:18 PM
I never said make it legal. I'm arguing against making it legal and "taxing the hell out of it"

I'm saying free up some (alot) of resources by not worrying about a guy getting high at home growing a couple of plants. Something like 700,000 arrests were made last year for possession alone. That's a waste IMO.

Misleading. That doesn't mean that the criminals were arrested only for marijuana possession, but only that they were not arrested for selling or trafficking. They could still have been arrested for possession of other drugs and weapons. Given the loser characteristics of dope heads, possession of other drugs is not far-fetched.

I do agree that law enforcement may overly focus on marijuana, but there may be some reasons for this. One reason comes to mind: snagging marijuana users often snags users of more deadly drugs and weapons, so marijuana is a good way to comb through the population of losers who have a propensity for committing crime. ("We caught the pot smoker and it turns out he has a warrant for his arrest on burglary charges.")

Another reason: You make a raid to nail some serious criminals and you can't find the goods to nail them. But you have pot in the room, so you can still send them up the river. That's a good thing.

Crimson Kid
4/9/2010, 06:48 PM
It doesn't make very good financial sense to me. but we all know smoking pot is not such a good thing. What are you trying to achieve by making it legal?

Says you. i want it legal so i don't have to buy it from thugs anymore. it safer then drinking or smoking cigs if you vap it.

It has many uses that could help this country out. not just smoking it.

StoopTroup
4/9/2010, 06:54 PM
Great. Another thing a person has to buy. Each year the fee to get a hair sample analyzed will just keep climbing as the government finds one more way to screw taxpayers out of their money.

You don't have to buy one....the Marijuana Taxes will easily cover all of the costs. Plus...it's obvious to most of us that there is no reason for you to have your hair tested as you should be smart enough to not even try to pass a hair test considering your obvious addiction to "Wacky Weed".

Your probably to high to see what the rest of us see is all.

Don't worry...were doing what's best for you. We're like the SPCA Bro.

:D :pop: :texan:

Leroy Lizard
4/9/2010, 07:02 PM
Says you. i want it legal so i don't have to buy it from thugs anymore.

Don't buy it all.

Leroy Lizard
4/9/2010, 07:03 PM
You don't have to buy one....the Marijuana Taxes will easily cover all of the costs.

Ha ha ha! Good one.

Jerk
4/9/2010, 07:11 PM
Legalize it, tax the hell out of it, and the dirty libs will be footing the bill for their social progams.

Leroy Lizard
4/9/2010, 10:52 PM
I admit that does have its appeal. And the more they smoke, the lazier they would get.

Hmmmm....

GKeeper316
4/11/2010, 04:46 PM

marijuana is illegal in the united states because a newspaper publisher in the 1930s named william randolph hearst didnt like mexicans.

Leroy Lizard
4/11/2010, 06:05 PM
marijuana is illegal in the united states because a newspaper publisher in the 1930s named william randolph hearst didnt like mexicans.

It's illegal all over the world, not just the U.S. You will have a harder time finding a place where it is legal than illegal. Blaming Hearst is misguided.

GKeeper316
4/11/2010, 06:53 PM
It's illegal all over the world, not just the U.S. You will have a harder time finding a place where it is legal than illegal. Blaming Hearst is misguided.

we arent talking about the rest of the world.

stay on topic.

hearst is singularly responsible for federal marijuana laws in the united states.

Leroy Lizard
4/11/2010, 08:55 PM
we arent talking about the rest of the world.

stay on topic.

hearst is singularly responsible for federal marijuana laws in the united states.

What difference does it make? Where's the relevance to whether marijuana should be legal today?

GKeeper316
4/11/2010, 11:20 PM
Why was it even criminalized for personal use in the first place?

i was answering a question.

sooner ngintunr
4/12/2010, 11:37 AM
What difference does it make? Where's the relevance to whether marijuana should be legal today?

Because the cost and social ills of prohibition are greater than the cost and social ills of the drug use. The reason they made it illegal are not true. Its an unjust, unconstitutional law. RICO laws?? Give me a break.

They used scare tatics and major falsehoods to make it illegal.

Why not have a rational discussion about something that over 70 million Americans have done.

goingoneight
4/12/2010, 12:10 PM
How long before people start the whole "marijuana kills and makes you a terrorist" arguments?

Leroy Lizard
4/12/2010, 12:17 PM
Because the cost and social ills of prohibition are greater than the cost and social ills of the drug use. The reason they made it illegal are not true. Its an unjust, unconstitutional law. RICO laws?? Give me a break.

This has nothing to do with William Randolph Hearst.

Again, it is illegal all over the world. So there must be more to it than "keeping out Mexicans."

yermom
4/12/2010, 12:31 PM
if the rest of the world jumped off a bridge, should we too?

Leroy Lizard
4/12/2010, 12:37 PM
if the rest of the world jumped off a bridge, should we too?

Non sequitur.

sooner ngintunr
4/12/2010, 12:57 PM
This has nothing to do with William Randolph Hearst.

He provided the media to spread the lies. Not much has changed. LOL

GKeeper316
4/12/2010, 03:45 PM
He provided the media to spread the lies. Not much has changed. LOL

he also personally wrote most of the stories describing the evil things the "dirty" mexicans would do while under the influence of the "new weed of death" as he called it. up until hearst started calling it marijuana, the rest of the country called it cannabis, so when hearst's newspapers said a dangerous new weed was being brought up from mexico by migrant mexican farm workers and day laborers, the ensuing hysteria almost guaranteed its illegality. the head of the federal bureau of narcotics (the precursor to the dea), guy named anslinger, didnt want **** to do with trying to enforce marijuana laws, since it was growing wild almost everywhere in america. he only relented when it was pointed out that he would need a perpetual enemy to combat in order to maintain his federal bureaucracy.

despite what leroy thinks, hearst is the single reason marijuana is illegal in the united states.

Leroy Lizard
4/12/2010, 04:59 PM
he also personally wrote most of the stories describing the evil things the "dirty" mexicans would do while under the influence of the "new weed of death" as he called it. up until hearst started calling it marijuana, the rest of the country called it cannabis, so when hearst's newspapers said a dangerous new weed was being brought up from mexico by migrant mexican farm workers and day laborers, the ensuing hysteria almost guaranteed its illegality. the head of the federal bureau of narcotics (the precursor to the dea), guy named anslinger, didnt want **** to do with trying to enforce marijuana laws, since it was growing wild almost everywhere in america. he only relented when it was pointed out that he would need a perpetual enemy to combat in order to maintain his federal bureaucracy.

despite what leroy thinks, hearst is the single reason marijuana is illegal in the united states.

I'm not denying it. It just doesn't matter. At all.

Should it be legal today? That depends on what kind of harm and benefit would arise from decriminalizing it. Not Hearst. They could have banned it 70 years ago because they thought it came from Mars. IT DOESN"T MATTER.