PDA

View Full Version : Someone go slap the Pirate

Tigeman
4/8/2010, 12:52 AM
Mike what are you doing over there. Come back home. O well.... at least we know how to shut his offense down. USUALLY!

The Pirate takes his ship up Still waters (http://www.examiner.com/x-24096-Texas-Tech-Red-Raiders-Examiner~y2010m4d6-Mike-Leach-helping-Texas-Tech-rival)

Leroy Lizard
4/8/2010, 01:02 AM
Look for a complete melt down on the Raiders' fan forum.

King Barry's Back
4/8/2010, 03:45 AM
Interesting story. And thanks for posting. But I gotta call BS on this section:

"Like Oklahoma State, the Texas Tech football program is right on the verge of joining that next level that Texas and Oklahoma traditionally occupy."

That SHOULD read:

"Like Oklahoma State, the Texas Tech football program is right on the verge of consistently joining that next level just below Texas and Oklahoma."

But otherwise, a good read.

RedstickSooner
4/8/2010, 07:06 AM
I thought this was going to be a thread on masturbation.

OKLA21FAN
4/8/2010, 07:13 AM
"Like Oklahoma State, the Texas Tech football program is right on the verge of joining that next level that Texas and Oklahoma traditionally occupy."

being 'on the verge' for 40 some odd years is fail. :pop:

'team in the rise!!!'

badger
4/8/2010, 08:36 AM
The difference between Tech and Poke is that Tech could beat Texas and Oklahoma.

Poke? Not under Gundy. [hairGel]

Jacie
4/8/2010, 08:40 AM
From the article: The only concern Tech should have is how much of scouting report Oklahoma State may be getting as far Tech's players. That might turn out to have no affect on anything. One thing is for sure, Oklahoma State's visit to Lubbock to Jones AT&T Stadium should make for good drama.

This gives their fans a reason to attend the games since winning is usually an iffy proposition . . .

King Barry's Back
4/8/2010, 09:33 AM
The only concern Tech should have is how much of scouting report Oklahoma State may be getting as far Tech's players. That might turn out to have no affect on anything. One thing is for sure, Oklahoma State's visit to Lubbock to Jones AT&T Stadium should make for good drama.

This gives their fans a reason to attend the games since winning is usually an iffy proposition . . .

"If you don't want to go for the game (and why would you?), then go for THE DRAMA!!"

Maybe that'll work for 'em. God bless 'em, they just don't know no better. :(

StoopTroup
4/8/2010, 10:08 AM
I thought this was going to be a thread on masturbation.

It will be...give the lizard some time.

Leroy Lizard
4/8/2010, 10:59 AM
Keep your fantasies to yourself.

MrJimBeam
4/8/2010, 11:02 AM
Oklahoma State's visit to Lubbock to Jones AT&T Stadium should make for good drama.

For the 100,000 people - in both states combined - who actually watch the game. Maybe.

StoopTroup
4/8/2010, 11:30 AM
Keep your fantasies to yourself.

I'm pretty sure you are the one living a fantasy.

...sooner
4/8/2010, 11:31 AM
being 'on the verge' for 40 some odd years is fail. :pop:

'team in the rise!!!'

isnt that the truth. its ok. its cute.

Mississippi Sooner
4/8/2010, 12:51 PM
According to Jake Trotter, Leach is going to be visiting OU this week, too.

Pricetag
4/8/2010, 01:34 PM
I hate it that OSU is going to this offense. I don't think it will be as scary without Leach running the show, but still, I thought we were through with that one B.S. road game every other year that is tougher than it should be. OSU was that way already--no need to get any tougher.

goingoneight
4/8/2010, 01:50 PM
According to Jake Trotter, Leach is going to be visiting OU this week, too.

Awesome... we'll never lose a game again. We might win 50 MNCs in a row if he gets hired on!

Mississippi Sooner
4/8/2010, 02:00 PM
Awesome... we'll never lose a game again. We might win 50 MNCs in a row if he gets hired on!

Only if he locks Brent Venables in the equipment shed.

Flagstaffsooner
4/8/2010, 02:47 PM
I hate it that OSU is going to this offense. I don't think it will be as scary without Leach running the show, but still, I thought we were through with that one B.S. road game every other year that is tougher than it should be. OSU was that way already--no need to get any tougher.I wouldnt worry. It will all be so confusing to simple minded Gundy, he'll screw it up.

Jacie
4/8/2010, 04:05 PM
I hate it that OSU is going to this offense. I don't think it will be as scary without Leach running the show, but still, I thought we were through with that one B.S. road game every other year that is tougher than it should be. OSU was that way already--no need to get any tougher.

The sand aggies sometimes have to recruit zebras to help them win.

SoonerMom2
4/8/2010, 04:08 PM
Gundy will never be able to comprehend the Leach style -- not sure anyone but Leach can actually run this.

AlbqSooner
4/8/2010, 07:55 PM
If the pokies install Leach's offense, I assume Gundy's game plan will fit in his hip pocket. Soooo - what do they do with the goofy, multi-colored play call boards the players hold up?

OU_Sooners75
4/8/2010, 08:01 PM

Dont fret man...

They still have to recruit the receivers, QB, Oline and RBs for it...they may have the offense, but Gundy and crew is not Leach....they cannot recruit like he was able too!