PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead to next year in the Big 12

yankee
4/7/2010, 04:10 PM
Still alot of time left to debate and things to shake out (*cough, OU, *cough), but as of right now how do you see the conference compared to this year's?

OU-Still a ton of question marks at multiple positions. Have to replace starting PG and depth. Still questions concerning PF Tiny Gallon. A lot riding on this 2010 recruiting class. 2010-'11 could be another frustrating, losing season...or it could be an NIT, maybe even NCAA type year.

Kansas- Lose Sheron Collins, Xavier Henry, and Cole Aldrich. There's still talent there to be a legitimate top 10-15 team, but they'll definitely be down next year as compared to their recent seasons.

Texas- Damion James, Dexter Pittman, and Avery Bradley are all gone next year. Still plenty of talent there, but I don't know how good (or bad) they can be next season. This year was certainly a puzzling one.

Those are only a few teams...maybe you guys can fill in the rest. Baylor and K-State should be good teams too. I don't see the Big 12 being as strong next year as it was this year, but we'll see. Thoughts?

Collier11
4/8/2010, 01:54 AM
Mizzou returns everyone but Tiller and Zaire Taylor while bringing in a really good recruiting class. Mizzou could be really good next year

OU_Sooners75
4/8/2010, 07:11 AM
OUr team will win games, if they want to be Sooners. That was the problem we faced last year. We had 2 or 3 players that did not care for the team they were playing on.

It will be another rough season...but I think that will be what is expected with Jeff Capel as our coach for the next couple of seasons.

What is it with the Coach K tree? It seems that the coaches coming from the teachings of Coach K suck ***!

ouleaf
4/8/2010, 08:14 AM
It's not exactly Big 12 related, but did anyone else see Kentucky lose their whole team to the draft? This, make them sit out a year, rule in the NBA is the most ridiculous thing ever. Just let them make the jump to the NBA.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5064967

...sooner
4/8/2010, 08:44 AM
It's not exactly Big 12 related, but did anyone else see Kentucky lose their whole team to the draft? This, make them sit out a year, rule in the NBA is the most ridiculous thing ever. Just let them make the jump to the NBA.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5064967

or get rid of the one & done. i like that better!