PDA

View Full Version : Race relations

85Sooner
4/7/2010, 07:09 AM
Had a discussion with a Black friend of mine today. Based on what he said, he has had an impact on my thoughts regarding race relations. Basically, no matter what the US does, nothing will ever change the blame they hold on the country because of slavery. Never mind that slavery ended here and still exists in Africa. N...ever mind the civil rights laws, or hate crimes sentences. Sad

OU_Sooners75
4/7/2010, 07:19 AM
What boggles my mind is how some of them still resent the government for something that ended about 150 years ago.

Maybe they should resent England, African countries, and just about all European Nations as well.

Though I do not condone slavery, it is a bad mark on our nations history. However, with all the laws and slavery not happening in this nation for quite awhile, at least 7 generations in fact, they need to learn to get over it.

Slavery was bad, it was terrible in fact. But it failed in comparison when it comes to what the European settlers did to the Native Americans...damn near wiping them from the face of this earth. Yet you do not hear a bunch of Native Americans complaining about the White settlers nowadays like you hear it from African Americans (that had never seen a plantation or slavers whip).

BudSooner
4/7/2010, 08:24 AM
All I know is Cale Yarborough and Donnie Allison were pissed at each other long after that fight, nothing can compare to that day.

Well maybe Tony Stewart and Robby Gordon years ago.

My Opinion Matters
4/7/2010, 08:48 AM
1 million pages.

soonervegas
4/7/2010, 09:01 AM
Yet you do not hear a bunch of Native Americans complaining about the White settlers nowadays like you hear it from African Americans (that had never seen a plantation or slavers whip).

I have to disagree with you on that one. The Native American's as a society are still very resentful about what transpired 250 years ago.....as they should be.

If local authorities stole your great grandfathers land......would your family pass down stories from generation to generation about how worthless local authorities are? Probably. Would you beleive your family? Most definitely.

TopDawg
4/7/2010, 10:14 AM
Basically, no matter what the US does, nothing will ever change the blame they hold on the country because of slavery.

I'm sure you realize this, but it shouldn't go unsaid...your friend doesn't speak on behalf of all African-Americans.

JohnnyMack
4/7/2010, 10:34 AM
All I know is Cale Yarborough and Donnie Allison were pissed at each other long after that fight, nothing can compare to that day.

This is quality.

delhalew
4/7/2010, 11:06 AM
The civil right rights leaders of today spit on Dr. Kings grave by making a good living off spewing vitriol and keep hatred alive. They have brought Marxism to black churchs and are keeping their own people down by ensuring they cast themselves as the victim.
Black liberation theology peddlers spew hatred on a level surpasing the Clan.
These ideas ripple down through the black population.

Luckily, things are changing. Black conservatism is on the rise. Take the tea party movement. Not only are black folks involved, but many are involed in leadership positions. A black conservative is too busy succeeding in our society to listen to Sharpton or spend their time hating the white devil.

GrapevineSooner
4/7/2010, 11:12 AM

How does it compare to the fight in the garage between Harvick and Edwards though? ;)

lexsooner
4/7/2010, 11:35 AM
The civil right rights leaders of today spit on Dr. Kings grave by making a good living off spewing vitriol and keep hatred alive. They have brought Marxism to black churchs and are keeping their own people down by ensuring they cast themselves as the victim.
Black liberation theology peddlers spew hatred on a level surpasing the Clan.
These ideas ripple down through the black population.

Luckily, things are changing. Black conservatism is on the rise. Take the tea party movement. Not only are black folks involved, but many are involed in leadership positions. A black conservative is to busy succeeding in our society to listen to Sharpton or spend their time hating the white devil.

Not to mention our President Obama, who did not let these attitudes bind him and hold him back from becoming the most powerful man on earth.

delhalew
4/7/2010, 12:14 PM
Not to mention our President Obama, who did not let these attitudes bind him and hold him back from becoming the most powerful man on earth.
Indeed. Quite the opposite. He has used the victimization steeped in the black population via radical anti-american black liberation theology to climb to power more quickly than anyone would have dreamed. After all, Chicago is ground zero for this filthy behavior.

yermom
4/7/2010, 12:22 PM

well, to be fair, he didn't exactly grow up in the ghetto either

Leroy Lizard
4/7/2010, 12:29 PM
I have to disagree with you on that one. The Native American's as a society are still very resentful about what transpired 250 years ago.....as they should be.

If local authorities stole your great grandfathers land......would your family pass down stories from generation to generation about how worthless local authorities are? Probably. Would you beleive your family? Most definitely.

Charlemagne stole my ancestor's land and I still haven't gotten over it.

Dio
4/7/2010, 04:53 PM
well, to be fair, he didn't exactly grow up in America either

fixed ;)

VeeJay
4/9/2010, 06:35 AM
Charlemagne stole my ancestor's land and I still haven't gotten over it.

Is there gas in the car?
Yes there's gas in the car.

BudSooner
4/9/2010, 10:57 AM
How does it compare to the fight in the garage between Harvick and Edwards though? ;)
You mean "The Choke?" I thought that was epic myself....check this out..

http://lolnascar.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/carlkev2.gif?w=347&h=354 :D