4/6/2010, 11:56 PM
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201004060069

Watch and weep, Republitards!

SCOUT
4/7/2010, 07:48 AM
http://totallylookslike.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/128872644024905004.jpg

Chuck Bao
4/7/2010, 08:22 AM
Does anyone really question why Fox news has absolutely zero credibility left?

Bourbon St Sooner
4/7/2010, 08:27 AM
The only acorn that exists these days falls from oak trees.

Okla-homey
4/7/2010, 09:29 AM
Does anyone really question why Fox news has absolutely zero credibility left?

Maybe among you people. Fox remains however, the most viewed broadcast news outlet in America.

And while we're on the subject of "credibility, " California AG Jerry Brown is moonbat from way back. Heck, his former live-in gf Linda Ronstadt left him because he was too goofy, and she was high at the time.

The song "California Über Alles" by the Dead Kennedys is sung from the perspective of Jerry Brown during his tenure as Governor. The song has Brown painting a picture of a hippie-fascist state, satirizing what they considered his mandating of liberal ideas in a fascist manner.

OklahomaTuba
4/7/2010, 10:13 AM
Does anyone really question why Fox news has absolutely zero credibility left?Which would explain why its ratings are surging, and the rest of the left-wing media is falling apart.

JohnnyMack
4/7/2010, 10:14 AM
Maybe among you people. Fox remains however, the most viewed broadcast news outlet in America.

And while we're on the subject of "credibility, " California AG Jerry Brown is moonbat from way back. Heck, his former live-in gf Linda Ronstadt left him because he was too goofy, and she was high at the time.

The song "California Über Alles" by the Dead Kennedys is sung from the perspective of Jerry Brown during his tenure as Governor. The song has Brown painting a picture of a hippie-fascist state, satirizing what they considered his mandating of liberal ideas in a fascist manner.

Your rant has what to do with the video?

JohnnyMack
4/7/2010, 10:14 AM
Which would explain why its ratings and surging, and the rest of the left-wing media is falling apart.

Again, let's stay on point here and can you please tell me what you think of Maddow's piece? Thanks.

OklahomaTuba
4/7/2010, 10:19 AM
Again, let's stay on point here and can you please tell me what you think of Maddow's piece? Thanks.And what's the point again???

I wonder if Fred Savage will do any segments on the biased editing they and the rest of the left-wing media do all the time????

Or maybe the false documents that CBS made up to go after Bush and throw a Presidential election???

JohnnyMack
4/7/2010, 10:27 AM
And what's the point again???

I wonder if Fred Savage will do any segments on the biased editing they and the rest of the left-wing media do all the time????

Or maybe the false documents that CBS made up to go after Bush and throw a Presidential election???

Tuba your inability to look at anything you deem worthy with a critical eye makes you so utterly worthless in terms of offering an opinion around here it's become sad.

OklahomaTuba
4/7/2010, 10:33 AM
And your inability to answer even basic questions that may challenge your narrow-minded view of the world is pretty sad as well.

JohnnyMack
4/7/2010, 10:33 AM
You calling anyone else "narrow-minded" is patently absurd.

OklahomaTuba
4/7/2010, 10:37 AM
You calling anyone else "narrow-minded" is patently absurd.As is your calling anyone sad.

however, it does describe you very, very well considering how you whine like a little baby all the time, and rather insult people than engage in any real discussion.

JohnnyMack
4/7/2010, 10:56 AM
As is your calling anyone sad.

however, it does describe you very, very well considering how you whine like a little baby all the time, and rather insult people than engage in any real discussion.

I'm trying to get you to have a real discussion about these ACORN videos and you've so far resorted to insulting Rachel Maddow and the vast Left Wing media. So here's the floor, discuss the unedited videos:

NormanPride
4/7/2010, 11:03 AM
Twilight is popular, too. As is Survivor and American Idol.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/7/2010, 11:35 AM
I hear that new movie Kick-*** should be fun.

landrun
4/7/2010, 11:47 AM
I watched the vast majority of the video.
2 thoughts.
First - at the start of the video where he has on a dress shirt, I've seen this video before and he's not dressed in pimps clothing at this time. It is obvious he wasn't in a pimp suit when he was talking to the man by the stairway. So I don't really see the point at all. It looks dishonest on msnbc part to imply that they (FOX I guess) were pretending he was in a pimp suit at that time. Notice that they don't ever picture the kid while he's speaking to the man. This video does show both guys. It is obvious when you see the kid earlier in the video (which msnbc doesn't show here) that he is NOT dressed in pimp clothes. Its like they're saying the only part of the video you can see is his sleeve when he leaves. But there are full shots of them both while they're having this discussion.

Second - The man who got fired explicitly said he had contacts that can assist them in crossing the border. Watch the tape.

Leroy Lizard
4/7/2010, 12:09 PM
And what's the point again???

This is who provides liberals with their "truth"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/28/Michael_Moore_66%C3%A8me_Festival_de_Venise_%28Mos tra%29_color.jpg/220px-Michael_Moore_66%C3%A8me_Festival_de_Venise_%28Mos tra%29_color.jpg

Boomer Mooner
4/7/2010, 12:29 PM
I watched the vast majority of the video.
2 thoughts.
First - at the start of the video where he has on a dress shirt, I've seen this video before and he's not dressed in pimps clothing at this time. It is obvious he wasn't in a pimp suit when he was talking to the man by the stairway. So I don't really see the point at all. It looks dishonest on msnbc part to imply that they (FOX I guess) were pretending he was in a pimp suit at that time. Notice that they don't ever picture the kid while he's speaking to the man. This video does show both guys. It is obvious when you see the kid earlier in the video (which msnbc doesn't show here) that he is NOT dressed in pimp clothes. Its like they're saying the only part of the video you can see is his sleeve when he leaves. But there are full shots of them both while they're having this discussion.

Second - The man who got fired explicitly said he had contacts that can assist them in crossing the border. Watch the tape.

You're right.

All that build up to show a pic of a sleeve, supposedly proving the kid wasn't wearing the pimp suit. The fur pimp coat didn't have sleeves! Naturally you're going to see the kids shirt sleeve.

And the guy absolutely says "I have a lot of contacts" after he replied "Tijuana" when asked where they should meet.

I will concede the clip on Hannity's show could be somewhat misleading, and personally I don't care for his show. But the rest of Maddow's indignant rant is used to make up for the absence of any coroboration you might expect in a news show.

Why no get the cop that specialized in human trafficing to come tell his story. You know, the brother in law or cousin or whatever he was to the Acorn victim that lost his job. How hard could it be to get him on the show? Has anyone seen this guy interviewed by anybody? Surely if MSNBC could interview someone with credibility to discredit the fox story they would have done it.:pop:

Ike
4/7/2010, 12:34 PM
Personally, I think there are 2 possibilities here:

Possibility A) OKeefe edited the videos and then shopped them around to news stations (or only to fox), and got a bite. Fox ran with it because a) it confirmed and then went farther what they knew that their viewers wanted to hear: "ACORN is bad...look, now they are downright evil!". In this scenario, FOX, at best, is guilty of not doing their own actual journalism in the wake of getting the edited video, and simply taking it all on faith that everything was as described....This is not uncommon when people are handed a story that they are pre-disposed to believe in the first place.
FOX could have contacted the guy who really called the cops, and asked him about what appears in the video. Then they could have contacted the officers he claimed he contacted to determine whether or not he was telling the truth. But they didn't. In this scenario, OKeefe gets blame as the guy that wants to manipulate the news, and FOX gets some blame for incompetent journalism.

Scenario B) Fox did see the unedited tapes and decided to run with them anyway. In this case, both Okeefe and FOX get to share equal blame for dispensing an pretty inaccurate story.

Not sure which is the case. Either way, FOX has some egg on their face.

Echoes
4/7/2010, 12:52 PM
Tuba your inability to look at anything you deem worthy with a critical eye makes you so utterly worthless in terms of offering an opinion around here it's become sad.

100% true.

OUMallen
4/7/2010, 01:12 PM
:: Purposefully walking across the room to back up JohnnyMack ::

soonerhubs
4/7/2010, 01:17 PM
Media Matters? Sure now I just assume that's a perfectly unbiased website! I mean just look at all the various media outlets they attack from both sides of the aisle! :rolleyes:

Sure, FoxNews made a mistake. I'll concede that. I find it humorous that apparently they're the only media outlet that makes mistakes according to this "objective" and "transcending" website.

Chuck Bao
4/7/2010, 01:42 PM
Media Matters? Sure now I just assume that's a perfectly unbiased website! I mean just look at all the various media outlets they attack from both sides of the aisle! :rolleyes:

Sure, FoxNews made a mistake. I'll concede that. I find it humorous that apparently they're the only media outlet that makes mistakes according to this "objective" and "transcending" website.

Hubler, I think it was a MSNBC video clip. And, I find it kinda odd that Fox news keeps making the same mistakes, over and over again.

C&CDean
4/7/2010, 02:00 PM
Once again, this is the kind of stuff that makes me ecstatically happy that I don't have a ****ing clue who/what "acorn" is, and that I don't even know what channel fox/cnn/msn or any of that other **** is on.

tommieharris91
Can we all agree that Hannah Giles has a nice booty?

C&CDean

Sure thing Rachel.

Boomer Mooner
4/7/2010, 02:31 PM
Hubler, I think it was a MSNBC video clip. And, I find it kinda odd that Fox news keeps making the same mistakes, over and over again.

They've made this mistake before?

Okla-homey
4/7/2010, 04:51 PM
Your rant has what to do with the video?

Because Moonbat Jerry Brown, who allegedly released "the rest of the story" as heralded by Ms. Maddow, is capable editting video too. Especially because he has all those LA motion pictures pals.

JohnnyMack
4/7/2010, 05:06 PM
Because Moonbat Jerry Brown, who allegedly released "the rest of the story" as heralded by Ms. Maddow, is capable editting video too. Especially because he has all those LA motion pictures pals.

Oh. OK.

Veritas
4/7/2010, 05:48 PM
Well, you *are* a lesbian, Rachel, so that comment makes sense.

And hell yes, like a mack truck, hit that I would.

soonerhubs
4/7/2010, 06:03 PM
Fair enough. However, if only Media Matters would point out the blatant mistakes the other outlets make as vigorously as they do FoxNews. I'm hard-pressed to think it's only one network making these mistakes of "half-truths".

GKeeper316
4/7/2010, 07:25 PM

ya id stick my tongue up her ***

soonerboomer93
4/7/2010, 08:57 PM
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201004060069

Watch and weep, Republitards!

So do they get an Oscar for pulling a Michael Moore?

AggieTool
4/7/2010, 09:38 PM
Video or not, there' still this....

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/05/us/05acorn.html

...and a few other fraud/criminal charges against them.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/7/2010, 10:34 PM
So, can't we all just agree that ACORN is a fine institution, not a democrat organization funded by the taxpayers of America?

Leroy Lizard
4/7/2010, 10:34 PM
So do they get an Oscar for pulling a Michael Moore?

That's a good question. I remember my liberal friends always defended his tactics. I bet they're all worked up over this, though.

yermom
4/8/2010, 07:46 AM

so he edited the video and forged police reports to help out his ACORN buddies? the AG of California?

soonerhubs
4/8/2010, 08:14 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/27171025#27171025

This is just further evidence that Maddow is the Left's version of Hannity.

She gets called out, and so she defends her show by saying, "Hey! We're not domestic terrorists!" Good for you Rachel! I'm so glad to hear that you aren't a terrorist, but by all means, that doesn't mean that you're not an immature sarcastic nitwit tool for the left. However, make sure that you point out that you are better than a nutcase terrorist. That truly enhances credibility. In fact, I'm going to put that on my vita.

-- Described as better than a terrorist.

Ike
4/8/2010, 08:55 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/27171025#27171025

This is just further evidence that Maddow is the Left's version of Hannity.

She gets called out, and so she defends her show by saying, "Hey! We're not domestic terrorists!" Good for you Rachel! I'm so glad to hear that you aren't a terrorist, but by all means, that doesn't mean that you're not an immature sarcastic nitwit tool for the left. However, make sure that you point out that you are better than a nutcase terrorist. That truly enhances credibility. In fact, I'm going to put that on my vita.

-- Described as better than a terrorist.

Yes, she is (the left version of Hannity). That David Frum is a smart one. Too bad he lost his job.

<edit> Seriously though, in case you havent noticed, nobody seems to get good ratings when they try to discuss issues on their merits. I'm not defending Maddow, or Hannity, or any of the television punditry for what they do...but unfortunately, I don't think that the current TV climate would support shows in their place that actually discuss issues on their merits. The ratings would tank faster than Tiger Woods image.</edit>

OklahomaTuba
4/8/2010, 09:36 AM
Maddow's a She?

No way.

soonerhubs
4/8/2010, 10:01 AM
Yes, she is (the left version of Hannity). That David Frum is a smart one. Too bad he lost his job.

<edit> Seriously though, in case you havent noticed, nobody seems to get good ratings when they try to discuss issues on their merits. I'm not defending Maddow, or Hannity, or any of the television punditry for what they do...but unfortunately, I don't think that the current TV climate would support shows in their place that actually discuss issues on their merits. The ratings would tank faster than Tiger Woods image.</edit>

That's a good point.

Veritas
4/8/2010, 12:56 PM
I'd like to see Olbermann and Maddow do a real live Celebrity Deathmatch against Beck and Hannity.

And then whoever wins get shot in the head with a ****ing Barrett .50 when they line up right. One shot, two kills.

yermom
4/8/2010, 01:16 PM
i can see the hate for Olbermann, but Maddow doesn't seem to warrant it

i haven't really spent a whole lot of time watching her show though

OklahomaTuba
4/8/2010, 01:22 PM
Not many people spend a lot of time watching either of them, actually.

yermom
4/8/2010, 01:25 PM
ooh, ratings smack

Ike
4/8/2010, 01:28 PM
i can see the hate for Olbermann, but Maddow doesn't seem to warrant it

i haven't really spent a whole lot of time watching her show though

No, she's not as bad as Olbermann....Just like Hannity is not as bad as Beck.
But she's still rather snarky, and just like her counterparts, she spends more time talking about the 'horse race' parts of politics (at least what I've seen of her) and who has 'flip flopped' on what, rather than actually having intelligent conversation with anyone.

She's not a news show...she's an opinionator, just like the rest of them.

OklahomaTuba
4/8/2010, 01:39 PM
ooh, ratings smack

Its not smack if its true.

;)

JohnnyMack
4/8/2010, 01:43 PM
Its not smack if its true.

;)

Are you ever gonna discuss specifics or are you just gonna continue to parrot **** you read on Drudge, things you hear Rush say and things you watch on FOX?

OklahomaTuba
4/8/2010, 01:51 PM
Are you ever gonna discuss specifics or are you just gonna continue to parrot **** you read on Drudge, things you hear Rush say and things you watch on FOX?

Depends, do you think you can have a discussion without whining like a little gay bitch?

4/8/2010, 01:51 PM
Are you ever gonna discuss specifics or are you just gonna continue to parrot **** you read on Drudge, things you hear Rush say and things you watch on FOX?If you agree with those people, you tend to watch/listen more. Many Americans find few other news outlets that aren't BS, so that's why those 3 are SO popular. Get it?

JohnnyMack
4/8/2010, 01:54 PM
If you agree with those people, you tend to watch/listen more. Many Americans find few other news outlets that aren't BS, so that's why those 3 are SO popular. Get it?

You ever try listening to or reading things you don't agree with or is it easier to just allow your brain to turn to jelly and simply regurgitate talking points?

OklahomaTuba
4/8/2010, 01:58 PM
If you agree with those people, you tend to watch/listen more. Many Americans find few other news outlets that aren't BS, so that's why those 3 are SO popular. Get it?

Or you can do what JM does, and just wack off to pictures of Obama all day long.

While watching MSDNC of course. (someone has to actually watch it I guess).

4/8/2010, 02:28 PM
You ever try listening to or reading things you don't agree with or is it easier to just allow your brain to turn to jelly and simply regurgitate talking points?I am bombarded by MSM crap everywhere I turn, and all my life. It was so refreshing when the 3 mentioned outlets came on the scene, and their popularity has demonstrated that prolly at least half the country thinks as I do about politics and economics. You realize that, don't you?

yermom
4/8/2010, 02:38 PM
what 3 are those again?

4/8/2010, 02:41 PM
what 3 are those again?KEEP UP, Goober!

OklahomaTuba
4/8/2010, 02:42 PM
Is Air America still one of those?

Oh wait, nm...

JohnnyMack
4/8/2010, 02:45 PM
Or you can do what JM does, and just wack off to pictures of Obama all day long.

While watching MSDNC of course. (someone has to actually watch it I guess).

Yeah I'm a dirty lib. I like to jack off to Keith Olbermann. Mmmm....yeah...give it to me.

yermom
4/8/2010, 02:54 PM
KEEP UP, Goober!

you do understand that Faux News can't be both the most watched and not MSM, right?

it's not like some underground news source that's free of bias and corporate control

4/8/2010, 02:59 PM
you do understand that Faux News can't be both the most watched and not MSM, right?

it's not like some underground news source that's free of bias and corporate controlSilly there, guy! MSM are those who are decidedly left leaning. All but FoxNews, and talk radio.

C&CDean
4/8/2010, 03:06 PM
This thread is rapidly approaching the "bunch of retards and a one bitch in a slap fight" level.

OklahomaTuba
4/8/2010, 03:08 PM
Not sure why anyone would expect the MSM to NOT be biased. These are journalism grads after all. Not a collection of the brightest folks on any college campus.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/8/2010, 03:09 PM
Except for those at Fox and the Daily Oklahoman?

Or are you denigrating ALL of journalism? Just so I'm up to speed.

yermom
4/8/2010, 03:10 PM
Silly there, guy! MSM are those who are decidedly left leaning. All but FoxNews, and talk radio.

your definition of "mainstream" and mine differ slightly then

tommieharris91
4/8/2010, 03:13 PM
This thread is rapidly approaching the "bunch of retards and a one bitch in a slap fight" level.
You expected this thread to have rational political debate? I couldn't even watch but 3 minutes of the original video.

JohnnyMack
4/8/2010, 03:16 PM
Except for those at Fox and the Daily Oklahoman?

Or are you denigrating ALL of journalism? Just so I'm up to speed.

The employees of Fox and the DO don't go to journalism school. They're found underneath cabbage leaves in the garden behind Ronald Reagan's presidential library and groomed like young Padawans to become beacons of truth, justice and the Neo-Con way.

OklahomaTuba
4/8/2010, 03:21 PM
Does it matter where Fox's employee's come from? At least their chicks are hot, and they actually look like chicks.

Rather watch that then the Fred Savage lookalike contest any day.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/8/2010, 03:39 PM
So it doesn't matter where Fox journalists come from because they're hot.

But other journalists are dirty hacks continuing the conspiracy as part of the MSM?

Just so I'm up to speed. Again.

JohnnyMack
4/8/2010, 03:41 PM
So it doesn't matter where Fox journalists come from because they're hot.

But other journalists are dirty hacks continuing the conspiracy as part of the MSM?

Just so I'm up to speed. Again.

Apparently Tuba wants hot chicks to spoon feed him exactly what he wants to hear.

Isn't this the same Tuba who claims to have never been to a strip club?

Tulsa_Fireman
4/8/2010, 03:45 PM
Now that you mention it that way, I think I can be on board with that.

Mmmmm. Hot chicks feeding me.

OklahomaTuba
4/8/2010, 03:47 PM
Isn't this the same Tuba who claims to have never been to a strip club?

No, I think I said I've never wacked off to Keith Olberman.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/8/2010, 03:49 PM
You're seriously missing out.

Keith is spank bank GOLD.

C&CDean
4/8/2010, 04:14 PM
SPANKBANK

Oh wait, wrong thread. Well, I guess not really, cause they're both gayer than hell.

Scott D
4/8/2010, 04:58 PM

in a country where Survivor and American Idol are the most watched television shows I don't think using ratings as a barometer is anything but a complete and total failure.

Actually, television ratings mimic politics quite well...all style, no substance, full of ****, and turns the average person into a bowl of oatmeal brain type regurgitating the latest nonsense to hit the air waves.

GKeeper316
4/8/2010, 05:10 PM
in a country where Survivor and American Idol are the most watched television shows I don't think using ratings as a barometer is anything but a complete and total failure.

Actually, television ratings mimic politics quite well...all style, no substance, full of ****, and turns the average person into a bowl of oatmeal brain type regurgitating the latest nonsense to hit the air waves.

you forgot dancing with the stars... cuz watching b list celebrities parade around like pansies is apparently compelling television.

disclaimer* i have never watched a single episode of dancing with the stars, survivor or american idol

homerSimpsonsBrain
4/8/2010, 05:53 PM

A-freaking-men

4/8/2010, 06:03 PM
your definition of "mainstream" and mine differ slightly thenThere ya go

Ike
4/8/2010, 07:41 PM

I would also add, that credibility is not conferred on a news organization through ratings. Percieved credibility might be. Actual credibility most certainly is not...

If you could somehow measure actual credibility of an entire news org, and then plot that against their ratings, I would highly doubt that there would be any relationship discernable at all.

BudSooner
4/8/2010, 07:50 PM
All I know is back when Fox news first came on the air nobody gave a **** about it, then the women started dressing like a bunch of ho's and the ratings jumped.

You tell me why? Me thinks MSNBC/CNN needs to hire Jenna Jameson/Megan Fox/other slut of the month to do it's news and see the reaction.

Scott D
4/8/2010, 07:53 PM
I would also add, that credibility is not conferred on a news organization through ratings. Percieved credibility might be. Actual credibility most certainly is not...

If you could somehow measure actual credibility of an entire news org, and then plot that against their ratings, I would highly doubt that there would be any relationship discernable at all.

I find it amusing that "news" channels are akin to music genres.

Fox News speaks to me, therefore it must be the cat's meow.

MSNBC sounds like what I want to hear, therefore they must be right.

Yeah...just like Rock and Roll v Country v Pop...

same **** new medium.

silverwheels
4/8/2010, 08:46 PM
Heh...republitards.

FWIW, both sides are full of complete morons. And I mean ESPN message board, YouTube comments type of morons. Maybe worse. None of you are right about everything. Get over it.

4/8/2010, 09:07 PM
FWIW, both sides are full of complete morons. And I mean ESPN message board, YouTube comments type of morons. Maybe worse. None of you are right about everything. Get over it.Thread closed?

BudSooner
4/9/2010, 10:53 AM
Heh...republitards.

FWIW, both sides are full of complete morons. And I mean ESPN message board, YouTube comments type of morons. Maybe worse. None of you are right about everything. Get over it.

I'm always right, deal with it. :D

Ike
4/9/2010, 11:06 AM
I'm always right, deal with it. :D

I've only been wrong once. And the time that I was wrong, I was wrong for thinking that I had previously been wrong. :D