PDA

View Full Version : OffishUl FirSt ToRnadic WeAth3r tHreAdd of 2010!

Okla-homey
4/6/2010, 07:59 PM
The weather-guessers have got wood.

The dry-line is distinct, and there is plenty of Gulf moisture and dry upper air just itchin' to be turned loose in the form of severe weather on us Okies tonight.

Get the livestock into the barn, check the pasture gates, make sure the cars are under cover, tie down the patio furniture, unplug the TV and unhook it from the antenna, make sure the cellar is free of copperheads and mice, and...

Let the Games Begin!1111111!!1!

:gary::gary: :gary: :gary: :gary:

SoonerInKCMO
4/6/2010, 08:20 PM
The weather-guessers have got wood.

The dry-line is distinct, and there is plenty of Gulf moisture and dry upper air just itchin' to be turned loose in the form of severe weather on us Okies tonight.

Get the livestock into the barn, check the pasture gates, make sure the cars are under cover, tie down the patio furniture, unplug the TV and unhook it from the antenna, make sure the cellar is free of copperheads and mice, and...

Let the Games Begin!1111111!!1!

:gary::gary: :gary: :gary: :gary:

How in tarnation am I supposed to watch :gary: without my TV plugged in??

royalfan5
4/6/2010, 08:23 PM
More importantly we need to rain to make the grain prices go up. Maybe some hailstorms in the vicinity of a large chunk of wheat acres. (Although I don't want anybody to get hailed out, I do want the spec shorts to blow out and give things a nice bounce, and reports of hail would be help do that. If there is hail hopefully it falls harmlessly, but isn't discovered as such until next week)

Okla-homey
4/6/2010, 08:29 PM
How in tarnation am I supposed to watch :gary: without my TV plugged in??

I'll tell you what Grandpaw used to tell me: "Boy, I had to work three months to pay for that Zenith and I ain't about to leave her plugged in for the lightnin' to get her. Turn on that transistor radio on the kitchen table if you wanna hear them weather fellers. I'll just watch the southwest sky 'cuz that's the direction tornaders always come from anyhow."

BillyBall
4/6/2010, 09:09 PM
It's kinda like Opening Day, but more booze.

delhalew
4/6/2010, 09:15 PM
Lol. I'm loving your enthusiasm. Keep up the good work:D

yermom
4/6/2010, 10:27 PM
dang Homey, if you threw some "instability" and "CAPE" and "low level shear" i'd think you were a weather geek :D

now here's a sounding that i don't understand:

http://hoot.metr.ou.edu/upperair_data/soundings/oun.gif

:D

RACHEL MADDOW is my clone
4/6/2010, 10:46 PM
dang Homey, if you threw some "instability" and "CAPE" and "low level shear" i'd think you were a weather geek :D

That's a chart proving global warming.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/6/2010, 11:35 PM
OMG LAKE KEYSTONE IS EXPLODING INTO DOOM CHUNKS

John Kochtoston
4/7/2010, 09:17 AM

Yeah, I don't understand it either. Mainly because I haven't the slightest clue as to what I'm looking at. :D

yermom
4/7/2010, 09:43 AM
maybe SSC could explain it in more detail, but it's mainly a plot of temperature and dew point (x axis) against pressure/height (y axis)