PDA

View Full Version : If you are in Tulsa and wanna fight...

Chuck Bao
4/4/2010, 10:15 PM
...and gay...please don't go here.

End up.

Yeah, this whole thing is pretty sad and Keith Kimmel's friends and family are in my prayers.

If anyone has updates on this case and cause of death, I would appreciate it. It may be pie in the sky, but I'd like to think that gay Oklahomans can get on with living their lives without the raunchy bar scene and alcoholism and low self esteem and getting their Im Gay personalized car license plates.

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/04/01/Tulsa_Police_Discuss_Keith_Kimmel_Incident/

Posted on Advocate.com April 02, 2010

Tulsa Police Discuss Keith Kimmel Incident

By Julie Bolcer

The Tulsa police department says that Keith Kimmel, the “IM GAY” license plate activist found dead in a Norman apartment Wednesday, was “aggressive” with officers who responded to reports that he caused a disturbance at a gay club early Saturday.

The late Kimmel, who sued the Oklahoma Tax Commission in February after it rejected his application for a personalized license plate that read “IM GAY,” filed a formal complaint against police Monday. He said that he suffered injuries such as abrasions (pictured), and insults about his sexual orientation and weight from police officers called to End Up, a gay club where he allegedly was disruptive. Officers took him to a hospital emergency room early Saturday.

Kimmel was found dead Wednesday inside an apartment in Norman. According to KTUL in the video below, the timing has sparked questions about whether his death was related to the injuries he claims to have sustained in the encounter with police.

A Tulsa police spokesman interviewed by KTUL said, “From the onset of our contact the individual was verbally aggressive, was physically aggressive, was not cooperating in the least. He was taken into custody at that point.”

Police in Norman await an autopsy on Kimmel to determine the cause of death. As of Thursday afternoon, the autopsy had yet to be performed.

delhalew
4/4/2010, 11:32 PM
Errr. That's a damn shame all the way around isn't it? Homophobes who can't deal and teh homos who overcompensate, if they would both do better dealing with their issue, we'd all be better off.

Chuck Bao
4/4/2010, 11:56 PM
Errr. That's a damn shame all the way around isn't it? Homophobes who can't deal and teh homos who overcompensate, if they would both do better dealing with their issue, we'd all be better off.

Dang, bro, that is so true.

I really, really hate that seedy side of it all. It is not an excuse and can never be that. But, that is the whole point. Respect and love interests are pretty much the foundation of love,. If there is like hate and you'll get the hate and self loathing and some really bad stuff even if the guy was totally into loving him for who he is.

bluedogok
4/5/2010, 04:53 PM
Mr. Kimmel evidently had some demons of his own that he was dealing with in everything that I have read about him. Hopefully he is at peace now.

oumartin
4/5/2010, 08:34 PM
So, did he die cuz he was gay or overweight? Both can be very bad for your health!

Chuck Bao
4/6/2010, 02:51 AM
So, did he die cuz he was gay or overweight? Both can be very bad for your health!

I highly doubt being gay was the cause of death. I suppose we are waiting for the autopsy report. If any of you see any updates, please post them.

C&CDean
4/6/2010, 08:41 AM
"End up?" Are you ****ing kidding me?

Anyhow, this is the exact type of deal that makes me irritated with the gays. Not this guy dying, but the whole need to scream at the top of their lungs: "I'M GAY!!" And the whole gay bar scene is a complete mess. I worked with a guy in Tucson who was a gay bar queen. His roomate told me he used to **** 2-3 guys a night. He's dead now too.

delhalew
4/6/2010, 10:31 AM
Yeah, that's what I was referring to when I said overcompensate. There is a large segment of the gay population that pose more of a danger to themselves. Add to that a proclivity to egg on the loosely wired anti-homo folks and you have a bad situation.
When I lived in Norman, I met my first gay friend. When I moved to Atlanta (the San Fran of the south) I was amazed by the behavior of some of the gay population. I thought I was self- destructive.

JohnnyMack
4/6/2010, 10:39 AM

Anyhow, this is the exact type of deal that makes me irritated with the gays. Not this guy dying, but the whole need to scream at the top of their lungs: "I'M GAY!!" And the whole gay bar scene is a complete mess. I worked with a guy in Tucson who was a gay bar queen. His roomate told me he used to **** 2-3 guys a night. He's dead now too.

The guy you worked with or his roommate?

C&CDean
4/6/2010, 12:54 PM
The guy I worked with. His first name was Keith, but everybody called him Beaver. No ****.

Chuck Bao
4/6/2010, 10:21 PM

No, but if you have a sick sense of humor, End Up was the last gay bar that he visited.

This is precisely why I get irritated by people that hold the opinion that gays should just shut the **** up. Minority rights were not won by being silent. By the way, what the hell is wrong with a personalized license plate of “Im Gay”? There are plenty of sexually explicit personalized license plates out there. That plate should be neither threatening nor offensive to anyone.

Listen up, it is not an issue to be ashamed or embarrassed about anything. The gay bar scene is a mess but so is the straight bar scene. There really is no difference. Straights get into fights all of the time.

Breadburner
4/6/2010, 10:23 PM
The queer should have behaved at the bar he was at.......And maybe the cops would not have had to come haul him out.....

Tulsa_Fireman
4/6/2010, 11:20 PM
If they won't let me have...

ILUVVAG or,

MUFFMAN or,

BOOBLUVR or,

HETERO...

He can't have IMGAY.

Chuck Bao
4/6/2010, 11:31 PM

ILUVVAG or,

MUFFMAN or,

BOOBLUVR or,

HETERO...

He can't have IMGAY.

Seriously? They will not let you have one of those?

Tulsa_Fireman
4/6/2010, 11:32 PM
Nope.

TMcGee86
4/7/2010, 01:57 PM
Listen up, it is not an issue to be ashamed or embarrassed or proud about anything. The gay bar scene is a mess but so is the straight bar scene. There really is no difference. Straights get into fights all of the time.

fixed

OUMallen
4/7/2010, 02:04 PM

ILUVVAG or,

MUFFMAN or,

BOOBLUVR or,

HETERO...

He can't have IMGAY.

Dear lord I wish they'd release "Muffman"

Tulsa_Fireman
4/7/2010, 02:04 PM
ILUVJUGS

C&CDean
4/7/2010, 02:06 PM
Chuck,

I don't go up to you and scream "I'M STRAIGHT!!" do I? I don't have bumper stickers that say "Only in the vajajay" do I? Live with who you want. **** who you want. Share finances with who you want. Love who you want. Just quit shoving it down my ****ing throat. Give you ****ers an inch, and you want the whole schlong.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/7/2010, 02:09 PM
Now THAT'S hawt.

Chuck Bao
4/7/2010, 03:24 PM
Chuck,

I don't go up to you and scream "I'M STRAIGHT!!" do I? I don't have bumper stickers that say "Only in the vajajay" do I? Live with who you want. **** who you want. Share finances with who you want. Love who you want. Just quit shoving it down my ****ing throat. Give you ****ers an inch, and you want the whole schlong.

Dean,

Dude, I am very happy for you that you’re straight. If you want to yell from the tallest mountain that you’re straight, that’s fine by me. If you want the bumper sticker and the personalized license plate of “vajajay luv”, more power to you. Seriously, though, I think you’re getting the wrong end of the stick here, yet again. Being gay is more about self identity than any sex act. Why does that matter any less than straights?...because there is still some prejudice and discrimination out there and there are a lot of people like that poor Keith Kimmel guy who couldn’t handle it. Yeah, he had a lot of problems and I was just asking for the end of the story.

I do think that there is nothing wrong in saying that I am happy and live a relatively successful life as a gay man. Are you going to take that away from me? No. Should I take your advice and shut the **** up? No. I think there are many people who are struggling with this issue and really need to hear that it is okay to be gay. I think that is one of the major touchstone issues here: image and perception. There is no intent on my part to ram gay dick down anyone’s throat. That is pretty disingenuous and seriously gay because, dude, passive-aggressive. Lame.

C&CDean
4/7/2010, 03:36 PM
Dean,

Dude, I am very happy for you that you’re straight. If you want to yell from the tallest mountain that you’re straight, that’s fine by me. If you want the bumper sticker and the personalized license plate of “vajajay luv”, more power to you. Seriously, though, I think you’re getting the wrong end of the stick here, yet again. Being gay is more about self identity than any sex act. Why does that matter any less than straights?...because there is still some prejudice and discrimination out there and there are a lot of people like that poor Keith Kimmel guy who couldn’t handle it. Yeah, he had a lot of problems and I was just asking for the end of the story.

I do think that there is nothing wrong in saying that I am happy and live a relatively successful life as a gay man. Are you going to take that away from me? No. Should I take your advice and shut the **** up? No. I think there are many people who are struggling with this issue and really need to hear that it is okay to be gay. I think that is one of the major touchstone issues here: image and perception. There is no intent on my part to ram gay dick down anyone’s throat. That is pretty disingenuous and seriously gay because, dude, passive-aggressive. Lame.

First of all, I don't wanna shout it. I don't shout it. I wish the loud gays wouldn't either.

Second of all, for every Keith Kimmel out there there's a hundred straight idiots who practice the same stupid self-destructive behavior. I really don't think "gay" is part of this particular issue. Stupid is as stupid does. Gay or straight.

Thirdly, I don't think gays want to stop at acceptance. In fact, I know they don't. They want more. How much more, I don't know, and frankly, I don't think they do either. I (and I believe most people these days) have accepted the fact that openly gay people are all around us. We've accepted that they're a part of society. However, it doesn't mean that we've accepted that it's perfectly OK to be gay. We still see a flaw in gay people. Whether it's physical/mental/moral who's to say? You want everyone to just completely accept the fact that dudes like to do dudes, and many/most folks aren't down with that. Because after all, when it comes right down to it, most heteros find nothing wrong with the "gay lifestyle" - except the PIITB stuff. That is the only thing that differentiates you from any other dudes who share a home/finances. Know what I'm saying?

I love a lot of guys. Deeply. I just can't imagine/accept sticking my dick into them or vice-versa. Yeah, I know "it ain't all about the sex" but in truth, that's all it's about. That's where we part ways I'm thinking.

bluedogok
4/7/2010, 09:11 PM
There are plenty of sexually explicit personalized license plates out there. That plate should be neither threatening nor offensive to anyone.
Most states will not approve anything that is remotely suggestive or borderline offensive. A friend of mine says that is the "office of dirty minds" because if it can be taken that way, they will.

Chuck Bao
4/7/2010, 09:24 PM
Most states will not approve anything that is remotely suggestive or borderline offensive. A friend of mine says that is the "office of dirty minds" because if it can be taken that way, they will.

I stand corrected by the personalized license plates.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT BEING GAY IS DIRTY. THAT IS LIKE BEING AFRICAN AMERICAN OR INDIAN IS DIRTY.

Breadburner
4/7/2010, 09:26 PM
I'm sure him being 6' and 346 pounds had nothing to do with his death......

C&CDean
4/8/2010, 08:42 AM
I stand corrected by the personalized license plates.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT BEING GAY IS DIRTY. THAT IS LIKE BEING AFRICAN AMERICAN OR INDIAN IS DIRTY.

Chuck, please, don't go there. That is the one argument that doesn't hold an ounce of water. You could choose to not act upon your impulses. A black or indian person does NOT have that choice.

So, if you must use this "born that way and can't do anything about it" argument, then you must excuse all other deviant sexual behavior as well. Every pedophile/necrophiliac/beasthumper/etc. says the same things gays say. "I was born that way and I simply can't do anything about it."

I'd like to stick my dick in every moist hole I could find (as I believe most men would), but I make choices based on my beliefs of right/wrong/normal. Would it feel good to hump a dude/horse/young teenager/knothole in a fence/sheep/corpse/bone-out spiral ham or a sock? Probably, but it just ain't right. If I have to explain why it ain't right, then you'll never get it.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/8/2010, 09:16 AM
Trust me, the bone-out spiral ham is worth it.

Stitch Face
4/8/2010, 10:15 AM
So if the gay lifestyle is not all about sex, why name your bar the "End Up?"

Many gays just want acceptance for who they are, but many also tend to be as demonstrative as possible about how and with whom they like to have kinky buttsecks. It's overcompensation in search and expression of personal identity and a rejection of previous silence, an extension of the old "we're here, we're queer, get used to it" mantra. I think some gay people at some point decide 'well, everyone just thinks I'm a buttsecks fiend, so I'm going to be the most in-your-face, prolific buttsecks fiend I can be!'

In truth, I know the average gay guy is not dressed like Freddie Mercury at a biker bar. The truth is more like a couple of flabby middle-aged above-average intelligence & income guys looking for couples' health insurance on their Macbooks. But the fact that some gays want to express themselves by being as lewd and suggestive as possible in their personal behavior (and drinking establishment signage) is repulsive to the majority of society.

StoopTroup
4/8/2010, 03:25 PM
I'm STRAIGHT!

Just thought I'd say that at the top of my SoonerFan Lungs.

Thanks Dean. :D

StoopTroup
4/8/2010, 03:27 PM
ASSTABR

Now there is a plate for ya. :D

StoopTroup
4/8/2010, 03:28 PM
CCKEATR

StoopTroup
4/8/2010, 03:28 PM
GAYPOKE

StoopTroup