4/4/2010, 07:18 PM
:P

JLEW1818
4/4/2010, 07:28 PM
this will screw Clausen.

wow i hope the Rams take Sam now

BoulderSooner79
4/4/2010, 07:34 PM
Sam is a lock at #1; this proves the Rams wouldn't talk trade with the Redskins, so they went another way.

On the other hand, Shanahan has always favored a more mobile QB over a traditional pocket passer and McNabb fits the bill.

Or I'm making all this up and just wasted your time (and mine).

JLEW1818
4/4/2010, 07:35 PM
a division trade, wtf?

SoonerMom2
4/4/2010, 07:40 PM
Sam is a lock at #1; this proves the Rams wouldn't talk trade with the Redskins, so they went another way.

On the other hand, Shanahan has always favored a more mobile QB over a traditional pocket passer and McNabb fits the bill.

Or I'm making all this up and just wasted your time (and mine).

I think you are 100% correct since that was my first thought as well! :)

VA Sooner
4/4/2010, 07:51 PM
Sam is a lock at 1. Redskins will have a tough time trading up to get to him... I wonder if Shanahan sleeps at night with the draft looming.

JLEW1818
4/4/2010, 07:58 PM
they no longer would want/need to trade up

yermom
4/4/2010, 08:07 PM
a division trade, wtf?

they really must not think much of him

i just hope this means Sam isn't going there

i'd be much more okay with him as a Ram or a Seahawk

JLEW1818
4/4/2010, 08:10 PM
believe it or not, this prlly cost lil Jimmy a couple million.

yermom
4/4/2010, 08:14 PM
is he gonna show up at the draft with his HS rings? :)

ndpruitt03
4/4/2010, 08:23 PM
Why trade a guy to a division rival? Might as well have traded him to Dallas.

Salt City Sooner
4/4/2010, 08:39 PM
Because they got a 2nd rd. pick plus either a 3rd or 4th next year. I'd be more than willing to bet that that was hands down the best offer that Philly got for him.

JLEW1818
4/4/2010, 08:40 PM
somehow this hurts dallas the most

oumartin
4/4/2010, 08:44 PM
Don't you all read the NFL blogs? Claussen is the most NFL ready QB out there. :D

JLEW1818
4/4/2010, 08:48 PM
walterfootball still thinks he is.

he has gotten many emails, people saying he's an idiot.

he is pretty credible for the most part. just Obama like with Clausen tho.

gotpoi73
4/4/2010, 09:05 PM
terrible trade for the skins. if mcnabb doesn't sign an extention, he can walk at the end of the season. if favre retires or leinart continues to suck, mcnabb bounces. but the best thing is sam will not be on the skins!!!!!!!!! hell yeah!!!!!

bluedogok
4/4/2010, 09:08 PM
a division trade, wtf?

they really must not think much of him
I think part of it the Packer Factor, they though Rodgers was ready and tried to boot Favre out the door but they knew that the Vikings were pretty much only a decent QB away from contending. The Eagles must think Kolb is ready and must not be too concerned about the Redskins being ready to be competitive anytime soon. The Skins are much more than a QB away from being real good. If it would have been the Lions wanting to trade for Favre the Packers might have done the deal, with Minnesota and Chicago there was no way.

Plus as Salt stated, probably the best offer they had.

JLEW1818
4/4/2010, 09:14 PM
u know who the real dbag is, in this situation? (besides Jerry Jones) Michael Vick... what a loser

oumartin
4/4/2010, 10:21 PM
thought it was funny they had an article about dogfighting being up in philly since vick signed with the eagles.

John Kochtoston
4/4/2010, 10:32 PM
One nice thing about this for the Redskins is now Dan Snyder won't be tempted to use that second-rounder on St. Timothy of Gainesville.

hgarmorer
4/5/2010, 07:38 AM
^^
I wouldn't put it past him

ouleaf
4/5/2010, 08:15 AM
It would be great to tune into Philly Sports Talk stations this morning....I'll bet a lot of them are absolutely livid. I'm still amazed that not only did the Eagles get rid of their best QB, but they traded him within the division? Are you kidding me? I'd look for Andy Reid to be fired this season if the Eagles don't make the playoffs this year, which rests on the shoulders of an unproven QB in Kolb and a defensive that far from what it once was.

Scott D
4/5/2010, 08:47 AM
It would be great to tune into Philly Sports Talk stations this morning....I'll bet a lot of them are absolutely livid. I'm still amazed that not only did the Eagles get rid of their best QB, but they traded him within the division? Are you kidding me? I'd look for Andy Reid to be fired this season if the Eagles don't make the playoffs this year, which rests on the shoulders of an unproven QB in Kolb and a defensive that far from what it once was.

probably the only thing they are upset about is the destination. it's been a love/hate relationship so long with him there that they probably won't know what to do with themselves.

NormanPride
4/5/2010, 10:23 AM
He's never really had good wideouts. He had Jackson recently, and lit it up with him. But then their running game was atrocious and their D was terrible. How is this his fault? He was a good QB for them...

SoonerLB
4/5/2010, 10:30 AM
believe it or not, this prlly cost lil Jimmy a couple million.

Awww........, too bad Punchy! Bwaaahahahahaaaaa! But look on the bright side, even booger eaters can sneak in the back door and snag a Super Bowl ring, so think positive Punchy! ;)

bluedogok
4/5/2010, 04:28 PM
probably the only thing they are upset about is the destination. it's been a love/hate relationship so long with him there that they probably won't know what to do with themselves.
Weren't the Philly fans upset that they didn't get Ricky Williams instead of McNabb?

John Kochtoston
4/5/2010, 04:37 PM
^^
I wouldn't put it past him

I would, since he no longer has a second-rounder.

sooner94
4/5/2010, 04:53 PM
Good thread. I agree with pretty much everything said above (that is why its good;) ).

Anyone read that the Skins did not even tell Jason Campbell out the trade? He found out from a reporter. He hasn't been that good thus far (due at least in some part to the revolving door of offensive coordinators). But you have to tell the guy in person. That organization/Snyder has no class.

I had originally wanted Sammy to go to the Skins. But if this is how they treat their players, then no thanks.

Sam the Ram it is.

Scott D
4/5/2010, 05:06 PM
Weren't the Philly fans upset that they didn't get Ricky Williams instead of McNabb?

indeed they were. Apparently they believed in the arm of Doug Pederson that much.

ashley
4/5/2010, 07:20 PM
Mc Nabb has looked very average the last couple years.

rawlingsHOH
4/5/2010, 07:44 PM
Mc Nabb has looked very average the last couple years.

last 2 years... 45 TDs, 21 INTs, QB rating around 90. definitely above average.

sooner94
4/5/2010, 11:09 PM
this will screw Clausen.

wow i hope the Rams take Sam now

So looks like Petey will get Clausen at #5 in the draft. Petey recruited the hell out of Clausen out of HS. Kind of weird that Clausen snubbed SC for ND, but may wind up playing for Petey.

Friend of mind said today that Petey may trade for Leinart. I don't think so since Leinart is an NFL bust.

ashley
4/6/2010, 05:36 AM

59% completion rate is not good it the NFL passing league.

ashley
4/6/2010, 05:37 AM

59% completion rate is not good it the NFL passing league.

ashley
4/6/2010, 05:39 AM

A 59% completion rate is not very good in today's NFL passing league.

ashley
4/6/2010, 05:41 AM

gaylordfan1
4/6/2010, 08:36 AM
studer........

rawlingsHOH
4/6/2010, 09:34 AM

Regardless.... he was just over 60% each of the last 2 years. His stats are good. Pro Bowl worthy. And his career stats are HOF worthy.