PDA

View Full Version : Global Tax Comparison

rainiersooner
4/2/2010, 12:51 AM
I was curious about relative global tax rates and came across this interesting chart. I'm surprise Canada has a lower income tax than the US, although perhaps this is because they've a sales tax as well.

http://www.creditloan.com/infographics/international-tax-rate-comparison/

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/2/2010, 01:40 AM
Of interest to you, why?

delhalew
4/2/2010, 01:43 AM
Czechoslovakia has got it going on! Crazy how pervasive a progressive tax rate has become.

delhalew
4/2/2010, 01:45 AM
Of interest to you, why?

Possibly because a statement he mafe earlier leads me to believe he is in a tax bracket scheduled for maximum ****age.

Crucifax Autumn
4/2/2010, 04:08 AM
You know, I look at that chart and at first I think "Damn, we're kinda high".

Then I think about how we have the most powerful military in the word, have pensions and healthcare for vets, provide social security, medicare, medicaid, a massive highway system, fantastic fire and emergency services, fairly large police forces with regular training, a huge transportation system, an extremely large education system from pre-school through university, the most advanced space program in the world, huge amounts of public housing, free clinics, free psychological treatment for the homeless and destitute, Food stamps, public broadcasting, and countless other services.

The bang for the buck is pretty damned good and places like Denmark, Japan, and Spain are at least as high as we are.

delhalew
4/2/2010, 09:04 AM

Then I think about how we have the most powerful military in the word, have pensions and healthcare for vets, provide social security, medicare, medicaid, a massive highway system, fantastic fire and emergency services, fairly large police forces with regular training, a huge transportation system, an extremely large education system from pre-school through university, the most advanced space program in the world, huge amounts of public housing, free clinics, free psychological treatment for the homeless and destitute, Food stamps, public broadcasting, and countless other services.

The bang for the buck is pretty damned good and places like Denmark, Japan, and Spain are at least as high as we are.

Man...I really hate to bring you down, but we borrow trillions to pay for all that. Also, not nessecarily from your list, but half the **** we borrow money for is unnessecary.

Crucifax Autumn
4/2/2010, 09:13 AM
And yet we refuse the huge amount of money the Britsh and others donated for Katrina and 9/11...

Simple fact is, money is imaginary.

yermom
4/2/2010, 09:51 AM
not shown are things like VAT in Canada and the UK, i don't know about other countries as much

try buying something from the US and see how much it costs you :eek:

seriously though, i thought ours was lower comparatively than it is

OUMallen
4/2/2010, 10:02 AM
And yet we refuse the huge amount of money the Britsh and others donated for Katrina and 9/11...

Simple fact is, money is imaginary.

Tell my mortgage holder that. :)

yermom
4/2/2010, 10:04 AM
that's actually a pretty good example. have you seen what happens when people stop paying lately?

Bourbon St Sooner
4/2/2010, 10:16 AM
Tell my mortgage holder that. :)

Money is only imaginary for the Fed printing presses and the whore banks that line up at the discount window. The rest of us have to actually be responsible for our obligations.

rainiersooner
4/2/2010, 10:44 AM
Of interest to you, why?

One of two reasons (you choose):

- First, because I am a pansy cheese eating chardonnay swilling martha's vineyard vacationing liberal who believes the US should be like Sweden and am disappointed that we dont have a 57% marginal rate; or

- Second, I was just curious.

I personally favor a flat tax and a sales tax. Even a sales tax alone would enable us to lower the marginal rate - look at Canada.

NormanPride
4/2/2010, 11:49 AM
I think we should probably be around the highest. Large land mass for relatively low population, big government, large debt. I'm surprised it isn't THE highest.

tommieharris91
4/2/2010, 11:54 AM
I think we should probably be around the highest. Large land mass for relatively low population, big government, large debt. I'm surprised it isn't THE highest.

:pop: :pop: :pop:

tommieharris91
4/2/2010, 11:55 AM
Anyone else notice that the data is from 2006?

PDXsooner
4/2/2010, 01:17 PM

very good point. I've always thought that every American should be required to either serve 2 years in the military or go to a 3rd world country to do charity work. Then maybe we wouldn't bitch quite as much. We've got it good in this country, REAL good.

sooner59
4/2/2010, 02:47 PM
I don't think that ^ would be a bad idea at all.